August 2019 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying w/o 4/12/19

What's got the tears flowing this week? 

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying w/o 4/12/19

• Options
    I started the podcast "The Birth Hour." I don't remember if it was recommended here, or one of the other month boards I was lurking, but each episode another mother tells her birth story. Just listened my first episode last night (#357) for the first time, and if that episode is an indication I will not be able to listen to it while commuting.
  • Options
    My kids are getting their preschool pics taken today. When I got there they told me DDs class also gets a picture taken in a cap and gown bc they are graduating. Cue tears and a flash forward of 13 years from now 😂
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My changing body shape :neutral: I feel the growth so quickly in my hips/butt/stomach and I hate how I look in any clothes. I wasn't small when I first got pregnant, and now I'm still waiting for the stomach to pop so I just look.... big. Is anybody else dealing with this? I don't even want to go out and be social because of my anxiety that I have nothing to wear and that I look bad/will be judged. I'm having a bad image week.
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    A girl I’ve been mentoring the last four plus years got adopted by her great grandmother this morning. She was in a bad situation before and this one is so good for her. I had to “testify” and immediately started crying. I was like, sorry pregnancy hormones. But I’m just so thankful for her great grandmother and proud of her because she’s grown into such a funny, smart young woman despite the BS she’s had to endure. 
  • Options
    Well my tears came last night cause I want to enjoy my pregnancy so badly but I just feel run over most days or in some sort of pain.. my lower stomach always hurts. I can’t eat anything without feeling miserable afterwards. Healthy or not. I am so excited to be pregnant but about ready for my baby to be here due to not feeling good. I still have 17 weeks left. I can’t get comfortable in bed at night so is not even fun going to bed with DH. Sorry for all the complaining, I know this baby will be worth every bit of it. 
  • Options
    I had a break down last night when DH tried to help me take bump shots.
    I hate being In Pictures.
    I felt awkward.
    And then I felt guilty because I had no other bump pics, and I'm already at 20 weeks..
    I cried for a sold 30 min...
  • Options
    @chillycanadian Oh, sweet woman. I'm so sorry. This is such a hard time to feel good about ourselves, even despite any other insecurities we may have carried during pregnancy.

I haven't taken real bump pictures (only the faceless ones I've posted here) for the same reason. This week I'm telling myself that even if I don't share them now, I'll want them to look back on after my baby is grown, and hoping that will encourage me to just go ahead and do them. I hope you'll do the same!
  • Options
    Awww @oklahomak! You just made me cry! You are so sweet!! 
    I've promised myself to take some sort of bump picture every week for the rest of this pregnancy. Baby deserves it. Even if I'm not comfortable in front of the camera! Like you said, we will want them later! ❤️
  • Options
    @chillycanadian <3 You'll love them one day!

My mom had braces when she was pregnant with me and the world's worst perm. She never wanted to take pictures, but my dad convinced her, and she's proudly dragged them out on several occasions during my adult life :)
  • Options
    @chillycanadian Oh I'm right there with you!! I don't like being in photos to start with, and being pregnant has not helped matters at all. But for some reason this week I started getting all weepy looking at the HDBD thread. DH was all worried until I told him I was looking at bump pics from other women, then he was just confused.

I think I'll try to make a point to take more bump pics though, everyone keeps saying I'll love them later. I only have one so far, and that was from 20 weeks when I was barely showing at all. I still feel like I don't have as cute a bump as other women, and I know I'll feel awkward with DH taking the pics, but I don't want to not take them and later wish I had them.
  • Options
    @chillycanadian @oklahomak @lovelikestardust first of all, I’ve been there too. Body image stuff is so hard and it’s just escalated during pregnancy.
    I’ve found it very helpful to go to a maternity store and try on clothes. I totally splurged on two tops but I’m so glad I did... I’ve felt so much better in my pregnant body since having them to wear! I actually feel cute and not so fat and frumpy. I’m also seriously considering having professional maternity pictures done. I normally hate being in front of the camera but I know a photographer who specializes in boudoir and anything that celebrates women and their bodies and she has a way of making every woman look and feel fucking fabulous. Also, my H sucks at taking pictures and I want to remember my pregnancy with beautiful pics. Photogs know how to use light and angles and mine will even help find an outfit that is flattering and makes me feel comfortable. Not sure if this is all that helpful but I just think it’s important to make yourself feel good in your body whether that be through a cute outfit, new hair, or professional pics! And pregnancy IS SO beautiful and amazing and that’s what you’ll remember looking back someday.

oh and to answer the question about what is making me cry— my neighbors had 2 10 year old golden retrievers, from the same litter. Nicest dogs. One suddenly got sick and had to be put down within a matter of days. This morning I looked out my window and saw my neighbor walking the other dog. I started getting weepy not only thinking about their loss but for the poor other dog who lost her lifelong companion 😭😭😭