July 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-In : DD 7/9-7/16 (Week of 4/8)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower?

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
<3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

Re: Group 2 Check-In : DD 7/9-7/16 (Week of 4/8)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 7/10, currently 26 weeks and 5 days... hello 3rd trimester, nice to see ya! ;) 

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): team pink 🎀

Upcoming Appointments: April 19, glucose test and growth US 

How are you feeling?: HOT! It’s 82 degrees here today and I definitely got a lil dizzy while in the sun at the park with DS. I’m glad I won’t be going through the whole summer this time around. 

Rants/Raves: RAVE, this spring weather! I’ll take a hot day over the snow any time. RANT, I’m sick of clothes not fitting/looking like a house in everything I put on. 

Questions: anyone contemplating doing a Sip and See in replacement of a baby shower/sprinkle?

GTKY: In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower?

Love love love peonies and hibiscus 🌺 two I usually can’t find around here!

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): bowling pin 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow— glucose test 

How are you feeling?: well took a double shot of milk of magnesia and prune juice and was up all night with contraction pain and severe diarrhea. I still feel like I haven’t gotten everything out though so it’s frustrating 😂

Rants/Raves: I’m tired  that’s all lol 

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? I don’t even know. I don’t pay attention to the different types of flowers 😂

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13/ 26w+2

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: in two weeks for glucose test and growth scan

How are you feeling?: good! 

Rants/Raves:  had a great weekend with DH celebrating our anniversary! Got a lot done around the house and really trying to clean, purge and nest while I still have the energy! 

Questions: nope

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Umm not big into flowers, but we had calla Lillies at our wedding and I’ve always thought those were really pretty!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 26w

Baby is the size of a(n): kale (my sister called her a hipster)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink!

Upcoming Appointments: tax day for glucose screening and last monthly appt

How are you feeling?: good!

Rants/Raves:  rant: after some beautiful days, we're set to get 4-8 inches of snow on Thursday. WTF?!?  RAVE: LO was pretty calm all weekend, which got me worrying, but she's been her normal self today, so I'm feeling better.

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? I LOVE flowers. All of them! I love the look of all lillies. I got a peace lily from my grandpa's funeral a couple months ago and it's got a bloom! Makes me feel like there is a chance LO will survive! As far as favorites, I'd have to go more aromatic like lilacs, roses, hydrangeas, etc.

@mamahmh2 my mom and sister are throwing us a shower since this is our first. I think we are inviting family and friends that live elsewhere for that. Then, we'll probably do a sip and see (sans gifts) with people close by. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue💙

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow. Just a routine visit.

How are you feeling?: Energized😊

Rants/Raves: I have pretty much all the clothes I need for this little guy for the first few months! I went to a huge consignment sale last weekend and filled a huge bag with baby clothes, clothes for my girls and a few other things all for just over $45!!

Questions: none

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Gerbera daisies are one of my favorites,  but that's more of a summer flower. I love seeing the first flowers of spring which, around here, are the forsythia bushes, crocuses, and daffodils. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 26w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: next OB appt in May

How are you feeling?: Good. Quit chewing gum or mints and the bloating went away finally!

Rants/Raves: Did my 3 hour glucose test this morning. Oy. Fingers crossed.

Questions: Anyone else going nuts over getting the nursery finished?  I know we probably won't even use it much at first, I just want it DONE. And all the other house projects we have going on. I just feel like after the baby comes that's it, nothing will get done after that point.

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Iris!

• msimimsimi member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16; 26+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Bowling pin

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until the end of the month. Did my glucose test last week.

How are you feeling?: About the same as last week. Overall really good!

Rants/Raves:  I'm realizing some of my frustration with how my body is changing is a function of the fact that my usual style does not translate well to maternity clothes at all. What I normally like is totally out of the question (i.e. high-waisted jeans) and/or looks ridiculous whereas what looks good is stuff that I would normally never wear. Just having a hard time feeling like myself but I've decided I'm going to go spend some more money on maternity clothes to see if having a bigger selection helps since right now I'm down to a VERY limited wardrobe and have ended up in tears the last couple of times I needed to get dressed up for something.

Questions:

GTKY: I love peonies, ranunculus and hydrangeas! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): pair of work gloves

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: 4/15 for normal OB and GTT

How are you feeling?: Tired, hormonal, and stressed. Also had De Quervain's tenosynovitis show up, which means I can't reliably make a a fist and if I do a bunch of other really basic things with my hand, I get a pain so bad I cry out. My mom apparently had it with me really bad, and it disappeared pretty much as soon as she delivered, but JFC it hurts.

Rants/Raves:  Between the no drinking, food aversions, pelvic rest, and tenosynovitis now making the gym impossible, every single stress reliever I have is gone, and I am not handling it well, especially combined with the fact my dogs have been s***s all week and wanting to get up at 1:45 for no apparent reason when I'm already struggling with waking up a bunch at night.

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Bright pink roses.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • acgxacgx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27+0 / July 9

Baby is the size of a(n): fennec fox - being pregnant/using the Ovia app has really expanded my knowledge of random cute animals 🥰

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Girl

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday - glucose screen, bloodwork, and checkup

How are you feeling?: Pretty good - sciatica and pelvic pain pretty frequently, but it's not terrible most of the time. Excited to cross the 3rd trimester threshold!

Rants/Raves:  I'm legitimately nervous how I'm going to function at work towards the end of pregnancy, given that I can barely go two hours without peeing now 🙈 

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower?: Hyacinths are my absolute favorite. But right now and every year at this time, I love daffodils bc they're the first flowers to bloom around here! Also, I (along with ~1 bajillion other people) went and saw the cherry blossoms in DC for the first time this year! They are beautiful!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:27wks

🤷🏻‍♀️What yaall have said...

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: I think next week? Oh and a health coaching call Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: over it  my back is in so much pain. varicose veins are killing me, and I’m currently awake for my nightly 3-5am insomnia.   

Rants/Raves:  I’m so very ready to be done moving but then I think about the unpacking and it just blows my mind  - there’s so much to do and my back has me barely functioning 

Questions: any great online prenatal yoga you’re into??

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Ranunculus. Hands down every time. 

But I lol’d at @acgx - we also have the annual everyone in the world crowd around these trees for selfies show. 

• mamahmh2 said:
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower?

EDD: July 9th. 27+1 today 

team: pink 

appointments: just my 28 week appointment next week. Passed my glucose already. 

Feeling: finally starting to feel pregnant. I had to scale my workouts more this week than in the past. Mentally it’s getting To me to not be able to do it all. 

Rants/raves: my DD is seriously so excited for this baby. It may be hormonal, but she kills me every day when asks about her sister. 

GTKY: ones that look pretty??? I know nothing. Lol. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10/ 27wks

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):  blue

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today. Measuring slightly ahead but everything is good. 1hr GTT tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: tired, sore, bad RLP, andand sciatica

Rants/Raves: I already feel huge and gross. 3rd tri is going to be rough. Also Yay for being so close to 3rd tri!!!

Questions:

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Wildflowers and our cosmos!

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10th, 27 w

Baby is the size of a(n): fennec fox @acgx I like comparing the animals as well. 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: not until the end of the month

How are you feeling?: tired. Hip pain and knee pain

Rants/Raves:  rave: we leave for vacation tomorrow. Rant its going to be a 16 hr car ride. 

Questions: none

GTKY: In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Calla lillies. 
  • Oh I thought 27 weeks WAS third trimester? I feel like every chart is different 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• @mamahmh2 I've been saying I'm in 3rd tri at 26 weeks. I figure 40/3=13.3, so 3rd tri starts at 26.6 weeks. Pregnancy math just doesn't make sense... I'm sticking with it because it makes me feel like I'll get to meet LO soon!
  • @mamahmh2 the charts are all different!  I like @cindler calculation method!
  • @cindler right?! I’m ready for 3rd tri already - better yet, bring on July!
    @quinniebear agreed !!

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 16 (She’ll be here July 8 though) 26w 3D

Baby is the size of a(n): today is a mockingbird. 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink ❤️

Upcoming Appointments: None this week but a few next week and the week after! 

How are you feeling?: I feel great. I’m sleeping like a rock, nausea is gone finally, and heartburn has settled down! I just hate the hormones!

Rants/Raves:  I finally had a woman say “you still have three months? You look so much bigger!!)

Questions: not really ☺️

GTKY: (*Stolen from Group 3*) In honor of spring, what's your favorite flower? Lillies! Baby’s name is Lily! 

• Questions: Anyone else going nuts over getting the nursery finished?  I know we probably won't even use it much at first, I just want it DONE. And all the other house projects we have going on. I just feel like after the baby comes that's it, nothing will get done after that point. 

I feel crazy for not wanting to work on baby stuff! She won’t have a nursery right away because we move when she’s 8 weeks old, but literally everything is still in boxes. I probably won’t pull out anything until the week before she comes. With my oldest I had the nursery done around this time. My youngest? My sisters out together the crib as I was in labor. 😂
  • edited April 2019
    @quinniebear Yes and no. Yes because we got the crib delivered Wednesday, so part of my brain is going "oh s*** this is really happening, I need to do stuff" and no because I'm waiting to see what other furniture and decor we'll get off our registry before I start buying stuff and putting everything together. 

Definitely figured out when the crib got delivered we need some color in there though.
    We're not painting because we're VERY passively in the market to move and one of the bedrooms already has an accent wall we may have to fix, but holy crap are the room color and light/fan drab.

@mamahmh2 & @cindler It doesn't help that you're also considered "term" between 37-39 weeks, not 40, so that can mess with the math, too...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): ...Kale?  Can't kale be a wide variety of sizes?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Had a general check up this week, then I start going every 2 weeks from now on...  Also picked up my glucose drink which I will test for in 2 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Good except for acid reflux (even with medication) and occasional insomnia.  Also, spring tree pollen allergies got me really bad this week!

Rants/Raves:  I am starting to feel really stressed about everything we still have to do - haven't even started on the nursery because of other house work that needs to happen first...  was sort of waiting till Spring, but now we have to get through the to-do list ASAP.  I get frustrated whenever people ask how it's going, or if we're "ready" for the baby.

Questions: The baby was moving a ton last night, keeping me awake, stopped for most of the morning, and just started up again. I feel like maybe I should be worried, but maybe some days are just like that, where they're more active...  Anyone else have this at 26-27 weeks?

• @hinotes I have days where she moves all day long it seems like, and days where she only moves at particular times of the day. It’s pretty common that they start developing a pattern, more active in the morning vs at night or vice versa. At 28 weeks is when my office says to start kick counts, and as long as baby is meeting those, it’s a good sign! 

Of course if anytbing at all feels off to you, call you drs office. The nurses line should be able to tell you if it sounds like a cause for concern or normal, and worst case, they have you come in for a quick check. They’re there to help and answer questions, so don’t be afraid to give them a call if you feel like baby’s movements aren’t where they should be! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • acgxacgx member
    I'm with all of you guys about the baby's room... Our house is being renovated, at least through late May, and it just seems silly to set everything up while it's so dusty and construction guys are in and out. But I really want to have it done!!