August 2019 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest 4/8

Re: Monday B*fest 4/8

• Options
    My office building is getting a new roof. I work on the top floor. Today is the first day and I’m already over the banging. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Add my to the "my body is over it" crowd! Carpet tunnel started weeks ago. Legs go numb when sleeping. Out of breath with little effort. Grunt when bending over. Can barely tie shoes. Banging belly on car doors left and right.

this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first 2. and I thought DD2's pregnancy was tough. I laugh at that thought now!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @peachy0709 I feel you on having to go to appointments by yourself (or at least without DH). Apart from the first appointment with my OB after confirming the pregnancy, I've been flying solo because DH just can't make them. I get it, and I'm not mad about it, but I still wish he could come with me. 

Started my day cleaning up dog vomit. Woke up to the sound of my dog retching, and thankfully got him off my bed before anything happened, but that was not what I was expecting to have to do first thing in the morning. Thanks Monday. 
  • Options
    @lovelikestardust @peachy0709. I go to many of my appointments solo. It’s kinda of nice not to have him there afterwards telling me I don’t need a special treat for laying on a bed & having a wand ran over my belly 😹. If he’s not there, I can easily tell him, “I deserve it after that appointment!”  

I feel like crap almost every time I eat. I had an apple & PB earlier & now I’m pukey & lethargic. WHY can’t I have cravings?  WHY do I feel this bad after I eat?!  
  • Options
    Yea my heartburn already kicked in on a nightly basis and sleeping sucks. DH has yet to comment on my constant grunts around the house - I think he knows better.

@aecm you are an absolute rockstar - pregnancy in general is hard enough but with twins?! He really should know better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    this damn cold.... I've been mouth breathing since saturday which makes eating very hard. Oh yah and FIL surprise visit starting yesterday till ummm sometime next week? which meant scrambling to try to clean the house with 4 hours notice and not being able to breath... uggg

@aecm you have every right to groan going up stairs... man one flight and I would have to sit for 5 min to catch my breath when I was pregnant with the twins.... 

@Allycat11 wow that is some creative messes.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    I love all the comments are grunting!  I am so glad I'm not alone.  DH hasn't made any comments but then again he rarely does lol. He has only been with me to the AS and all my other appointments have been alone. I'm thinking about taking him to the next appointment to discuss the scan.  He might like to see the baby again.  
  • Options
    I have been so out of breath lately. Like there will be times where for like 15-30 minutes I can't take a deep breath and even when yawning it doesn't feel like it's enough. I'm over it. Also you'd think weekly ultrasounds sounds cool, but holy shit does it make time move super slow 
  • Options
    MH has actually been pretty great so far, and thankfully isn't showing frustration with the severe decrease in bedroom activity lately. I also thought the second tri was supposed to make me more frisky... but no. 

My MBF is that while my stomach keeps expanding, MH has been working out more than usual and is in great shape, which subsequently makes me feel fatter. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak - Same! I feel like DH took the opportunity to build up his "dad bod" in between DD1 and DD2, and waited until I started showing to get back to the gym :| 

Add me to the zero drive club. Well, I do have some random bursts, but it's at like 2a and we're in two separate rooms (see: DH & dog's snoring, my Snoogle) so it doesn't result in anything worthwhile. I need to summon the energy though, I always feel better afterwards, it's just finding the time & space (see: dog, DD1) that coincides with any actual (i.e. not pretend) desire. I was insatiable with DD1 after Tri1, I have no idea what happened here :( 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @mrosek91 - OF COURSE it's out of stock :D 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    Have you all ever seen the YouTube video where they simulate the feeling of contractions in men?? All guys should watch it prior to their wives giving birth - seriously one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @mrosek91 OMG that's a high tech version of my plan haha. Fetal kicking movements included 😂

And yes,  @olivemomma I've seen that one too 😂

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @agpandme - I looooooooooooove Bullies <3 Our rescue is (approximately) half-Boxer, half-Bully. Sweetest, smartest, most gentle dog I've ever owned - and my family breeds Goldens.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    Oh I forgot one yesterday... some time over the weekend someone hit our van leaving a 2x3 FOOT scratch on the passenger side door... oh and no note... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    I've been obsessed with black grapes during this tri and getting them with my grocery pick-up order weekly. I ordered them again this week and they are horrible. Soft, wrinkly shit grapes. 
  • Options
    Awwww @oklahomak, that's the worst!! :( 

@agpandme - What a handsome guy ... they have the kindest eyes! <3 She and DD1 have been BFFs since we brought her home from the hospital.

**History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @wabash15 Oh NO!!!!!  What a jerk to not leave a note. Where were you parked?(home, store, etc)
  • Options
    we are fairly certain it happened at costco.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 No bueno. I hope you had some good samples before that. 
  • Options
    A forum I've been on for 10 years and check regularly is on day 3 of random shut down.  Page won't even load. Members are so desperate they created a facebook group last night  :s We all fear the worst. 
  • Options
    Still hung up on DH's failure to carry ANY part of the Mental Load this month.

UPDATE: He had me in a tizzy yesterday because AFTER ALL OF THAT**, it messed up our normal flow of finances. Because he normally pays the daycare out of his checking (daycare is really bad at depositing the checks in a timely manner; they also don't accept cash or electronic payment :| ), he usually nets it out of his "contribution" to the joint account. I asked him if he paid the mortgage this month since he still insists (which I feel so rage-y about) on manually paying it every flippin' month because it was the 10th and our checking balance seemed high (it's normally about $500 about this time of month, after all the bills have been paid).

He was freaking out because he had to transfer additional money into the account to be able to make the mortgage payment (again because I had to write the check out of the joint account and he didn't adjust up his contribution) and our balance was practically zero. He started making a huge deal about Amazon purchases: I have nearly all of our toiletries, paper products, cleaning products, diapers, etc. on Subscribe & Save and - for some damn reason - Amazon doesn't create a single invoice for these things, but - instead - charges the card each time. So he was freaking out, saying we overspent and we need to pull back on it. I took 15 seconds to look through the account and noticed he had written a $500 check for earnest money out of the joint account for a rental property we were looking to buy (it fell through after the inspection revealed some large electrical problems).

I came back at him and said (1) I'll give you a list of all the items that are currently on S&S via Amazon and YOU can go to the 3-4 stores it requires to get those specific items (that I spent a lot of time researching, I've switched the house over to "clean" products over the last 3 years) because I'M not and (2) you wrote a $500 check out of the account and that explains 100% of the "missing" money - so CTFO, kid. AND (3) if you had wrote the check to daycare like I asked you - every. damn. day. - last week, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

**This week, I performed an experiment (silly me!) to try and give DH some of the Mental Load: I asked him to (1) write the monthly check for daycare, (2) write a check for the $100 deposit for the pool membership, and (3) to be on Zyrtec duty with DD1 this week because pollen is coming back with a vengeance. For (1), I literally reminded him EVERY NIGHT (Sun-Thurs, with a text Thurs night) to write the check - I had to write it out of the joint account. For (2), I finally wrote the check and mailed it because I didn't want to lose our spot (btw - I asked him to do THIS task THREE weeks ago and have reminded him 5-6 times). For (3), he only gave her the meds maybe 3 times last week. I don't know why I expect anything / thought this would be a good idea. UGH.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @chillycanadian - Is there an appeal process you can begin or attempt? I would think that your insurance would rather cover $8,000 in injections versus a $2MM+ pre-mature birth hospital stay (that's what the average cost is for a child born around 32 weeks in the US, btw, I'm not sure what it is in Canada) - and if you doctor deemed them medically-necessary, it would have to be covered. I'm sorry this is coming up, stress during pregnancy sucks.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @chillycanadian Oh no!! I have no advice, but I hope something can be worked out so you don’t have to cover all of the cost!
  • Options
    @dogmomma096 thank you!!

@MamaK225 apparently we can apply to pharmacare (which here is the agency who decides what has to be covered by Insurance), to request an exemption. But it looks like there are 3 strict criteria (1. Med is only usually administered to inpatients at hospital, 2. Med is not usually available in Canada or is for a condition 'rarely seen or diagnosed in Cananda' Or 3. A direct appeal to the minister of health who deems it necessary). So I don't fit the first 2, and the 3rd can take months.

I'm still going to put the request in. However they don't cover retroactively. So this last week's $300 won't be covered. And the form has to be filled out by the prescriber, and our next appointment isn't for another week .so we will have another 3 or 4 weeks at least to pay for before we hear if we are approved or not. 

But our doc is ....pretty terrible at filling out forms. So I feel like he won't be thorough enough to get us approved (for example, for my work medical exemption form he crossed out the 2 pages of questions, and scrolled "patient is on complete bed rest until further notice" lol)

But there is no alternative medication option. And *TW it's potentially life and death, for both me and baby, without the med.
    I mean...insurance doesn't care about that. Since it won't cost them anything for me or baby to die...or be stuck in the hospital for a long time. *End TW
    But still. What use is Insurance that doesn't cover the one time I actually need something covered?!
  • Options
    I have some gnarly allergies or congestion or something. Nothing but my sinuses are affected. I'm a mouth breather, can barely eat because I can't breath at the same time.  
  • Options
    @chillycanadian - Wow, that's insane ... and also what I was thinking (why WOULDN'T they cover something life-saving, it's not like they deny insulin to a diabetic).

So I'm gonna retroactively Monday B*tch, just to b*tch. I did it, guys. I did it. I had been working on Day 5 of the second 5-day headache that I've had in three weeks. So I called out yesterday and took a "me" day. And guess what? My f@cking headache went away. Sigh. 116 days, guys. One hundred, sixteen.
    **History in Spoiler**