Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 4/8

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans?

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 4/8

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/4 27 w 4 d

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test next week

How are you feeling?: pretty good but if I overdo it I’m totally wiped the next day

Rants/Raves:  we’ve had some beautiful weather.. so much outside fun w ds!

Questions: What’s a good age for a sip n see or just a get together for people to meet baby?  It’d be nice to see everyone, but I’m a little worried about all the germs! If you’ve had one or are planning one, what was yours like? 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans? Nothing for this LO. My mom through a shower for my first. It was mostly family and very nice to celebrate LO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia I’m glad feeling feeling the baby helped your DD. My DS always has such a sweet response to feeling baby move. I remember when we were both anxiously waiting to feel our LOs.
    I don’t have any advice from experience from going to 2 from 1, but I’m sure you’ll figure out a way to make it work for your family.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1 28w0d hello third trimester!

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball hat

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test on wednesday...nervous for sure

How are you feeling?: Really achey and large, picking things up off the floor is becoming a thing of the past

Rants/Raves: We went on our babymoon this weekend in the Smokey Mountains! It was awesome!

Questions: How long do you think I will need to wait to hear the results of my glucose test?

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans? 

FTM so I'm having a shower - the theme is Taco 'Bout A Baby. It's going to be super nontraditional. Margarita bar (signature margarita will be virgin for me of course) and a DJ so we can dance our butts off instead of the usual sit down, play some games, and open gifts - just not my style. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @gbud630 sounds like a fun theme!  
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27w 3D

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments:  Regular checkup this week.

How are you feeling?: Alright, really sore and exhausted by the end of the day most nights. 

Rants/Raves:  Its sunny and 70 degrees today for the first time in months and we are expecting snow by the end of the week. 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans? I had a shower for my first, she was due Feb. 3 and we had a Christmas themed shower a week before the holidays when we already had family coming in to visit. Haven't done anything for the other two.

• Options
    @mama_bear19 The party my mom had for DD she was around 4 months old and it was perfect. Old enough I didn't mind others taking her but young enough she was still a baby. The plus was that even though everyone was told no gifts, the thinhs they brought were for older babies so it lasted us a lot longer.
  • Options
    @gbud630 I don't find out the results. My doctor does a "if there's a problem I'll call you. If you don't hear from me everything is good" policy. I think it only takes a day or 2 for results to come back.
  • Options
    @gbud630 That party sounds pretty darn amazing! I hope you enjoy it sooo much! 

@key33 How’s your husband been doing? I’ve been thinking about you lately... 

@indulgentgypsy congrats on the one week mark! Is it getting easier? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 27+1 (RCS between 6/17 to 6/30)

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of banana, head of lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next Thursday for glucose test and TDap shot. Yay!

How are you feeling?: still have a case of the dropsies! SPD pain is still there, but has subsided a little while I’m wearing the belly band. 

Rants/Raves:  DD got her first front tooth! She now has 5! I was secretly hoping she wouldn’t get it until Christmas so she could “ask for her 2 front teeth”. But she’s not a vampire anymore! She also keeps sitting on my belly and bouncing up and down on top of brother. It’s adorable, and I love it, but it hurts sometimes. Ha!

I told my mom I didn’t really need a shower/sprinkle. We have a lot of what we need from DD (she was born Jan18), so there’s still so much stuff we have! But I also told her I wouldn’t be opposed if they wanted to throw me a surprise small thing. It doesn’t need to be a big production like with DD, but it would be nice to see friends... so I’m not anticipating anything for this LO at all, and I’m okay with that. :) 

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 yes and no. I am not one of those people who quits smoking because I don't like smoking. I love smoking. The taste, the smell, the overall activity. I just know it is bad for me. So physically the cravings are pretty much gone. Mentally? In my experience so far they stay forever. The longest I quit was 4.5 years when I was pregnant with YDS. Eventually the taste and smell made me sick, but the mental craving was still there. 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    @jenniferjoy37 - Thanks for asking. He is doing better. He's off work right now and wearing a defibrillator 24/7. He goes back in for an Echo at the beginning of May and we won’t really know much until those results. Hopefully their will be some improvement in his heart function. In the meantime, trying not to stress out too much about the financial strain from him not working.

@indulgentgypsy - Congrats on the 1 week mark! It is so hard to quit. I still get the occasional craving and it has been 7 years. 
  • Options
    @gbud630 I got a phone call a few hours after my 1hr gt with my results... I was not expecting to hear back that quickly! 
  • Options

7/7 - 27+1

Head of lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

It's a secret!

Upcoming Appointments: 

Nothing this week

How are you feeling?: 

Pretty good. Starting to have a bit more trouble sleeping and the acid reflux is terrible

Rants/Raves:  

My normally super supportive DH started giving me a hard time about my eating... It took him a little too long to get to his specific concern of me relying on packaged fiber snacks to get enough fiber so that I can have a change at a regular BM every day. I may have cried... I just wanna poop a normal poop!

Questions: 

This is our first, and my husband is an only child. Both of our mothers are planning separate showers - normal me would be stressing about who is invited to which one and how all that will play out... Pregnant me is just going with the flow. 

MIL's also has some religious elements, and I have no idea what's going to happen. I have never been to a Hindu baby shower before! 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 27+5

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas (2-lb). Also, as tall as a three-hole-punch

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl

Upcoming Appointments: Monday after Easter. I think more labs and a tdap will be involved.

How are you feeling?: okay. I came down with something last week, had my glucose screen on Friday and felt weird the rest of the day, threw up on Saturday morning, and am now on the mend but not nearly at 100%. I can’t sleep anymore, either—I wake up every couple of hours. Practice for July, I guess? Ugh.

Rants/Raves: my little rooftop garden is doing so well! I had an arugula salad this weekend that I grew myself; I’m basically an earth goddess now. 😄

Questions: omg how do you pick a name???

I don’t plan to have a shower. My close friends and anyone who might reasonably throw me one all live far away from me. I’m happy letting people drop off their kids’ outgrown clothes/baby paraphernalia at random. I do love a good party, though, so I’m thinking to host something (co-ed) for our local friends a few months after baby is here.

• Options

28 weeks 
    Eggplant 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Glucose test and rhogham next Thursday 

How are you feeling?: 

Increased fatigue for sure! 

Rants/Raves:  

Still having SIL drama over this shower but I’m beyond caring. I’m going with the flow.

Questions: 

How often do you guys get Braxton Hicks? I feel like I get them so frequently and I never noticed having any with my daughter. 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans?  My MIL is throwing me a shower - brunch foods so I’m pumped because brunch is fabulous! 

• Options
    @pizzaplz Picking a name... hummmm... my parents told me they went to the phone book and just picked a random page and put their finger on a name, and that’s what I was going to be called... jk, but really, it’s so hard! You have to like the name, your SO has to like the name. But that’s all that’s important. If someone else has a kid with the name you like, just deal with it! It’s your kid, not theirs. Maybe make a list of names you like via a book of baby names and see which ones you both have in common. We went with the tradition of using our middle names for the kids. But first names... that’s tough. You’ll find one! I’ve known people who haven’t been able to come up with a name until they’ve met their baby... you’ll find the perfect one soon! 
  • Options
    Est due date/weeks + days: July 2nd 28 weeks today 

Baby is the size of an eggplant 

Team: 💙

Upcoming appointments: I did my glucose yesterday, I have the midwife Thursday, and my 3D ultrasound on Saturday which I’m super excited for since DD will be able to really see her brother for the first time! 

How are are you feeling? Oh my heartburn! It’s been awful this last week, and it doesn’t seem to matter what or when I eat. Also back pain and cramps in my side/legs when sleeping.

Rants/Raves: MIL drama, what else is new. She refuses to confirm any plans for Easter weekend and actually got mad at my husband because he isn’t off Easter Monday and that’s the day that works best for her. My parents have tried to schedule all their plans around her and she keeps changing her mind and screwing up everyone’s schedules. 

Questions: 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. 

For DD I had 2 showers, one my mom threw and a surprise shower my last day of work. We got pretty much everything we needed and both were so nicely done and lots of fun. This time around I still have all the big ticket items so I don’t feel like we need a shower. I think a friend is going to host a small dinner or something just to celebrate and I may have a small sprinkle/bbq to welcome baby boy around labour day weekend but I haven’t fully decided. 
  • Options
    @pizzaplz what jenniferjoy said! Plus, think about if there are any nicknames you detest. You can’t control what everyone calls your kid especially as they get older. So, if a nickname is going to drive you nuts or really bother you, I’d consider getting rid of the name. I also look at initials to make sure it won’t spell something obscene. All that matters is that you and your so like the name.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2nd/ 28 weeks. Hello third trimester! 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 🍆 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for a regular ON appointment 

How are you feeling?: ok  I started taking iron supplements because my blood work came back as anemic. They are making me SUPER nauseous. I feel like I did in the first trimester. I’m going to talk to my dr tomorrow about changing the dosage or anything. I don’t want to feel like this for the next 12 weeks especially when I finally started to feel like myself again. 

Rants/Raves:  I’m SO ready for spring break. Our school district made it a shorter break this year so instead of the whole week we only get a few days. But I’ll take what I can get. I’m about to lose my mind at work 🤯

Questions: anybody else on iron that feels really nauseous? Anything work for you? 

My mom and mother-in-law are throwing a shower together for me in a few weeks. It’s hard though because I live in WV, my mom in PA and my MIL in NJ. So the shower will be in PA where’s I grew up. I just feel bad for them planning it being so far away from each other. My awesome co-workers are also throwing me a shower at work the same week! They threw me a bridal shower last year and it was so sweet so I’m sure my work baby shower will be just as great! 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):💙💙

Upcoming Appointments: insulin appt on Thursday. Ultrasound and OB appt on the 19th

How are you feeling?: tired

Rants/Raves: not much to complain about just thankful for healthy babies and praying for a smooth delivery when it comes c section time. 

Questions: 

I had a shower with my first LO. There was a blizzard the night before so only like 4 people showed, obviously. This time my aunt and my mom offered to throw a sprinkle but I declined. I'm not one who typically likes to be the center of attention plus in my family you usually only have one shower. 

• Options
    @pizzaplz We narrowed it down to 3 names and then it took us a full month AFTER DD was born to actually name her. One we used as her first name and one as her middle. It was HARD. This time we had a name picked out from the start so we decided on it right away. I fully expect SO to change his mind at delivery but I'm not having it.. unless he has a better option at the last minute:)
  • Options
    @sarahtram2018 I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten. Iron was the main reason for my HG with DD so I've been off all prenatals since 12 weeks to help with the nausea. I'm still super nauseous this time around but no where near as bad as with the iron. I wish I had any sort of advice but I don't. It's just miserable. I hope these last weeks go quickly for you.
  • Options
    @vanillalatte89 I feel like I get them every couple of days or so. I don't remember having them with DD at all.
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 Just to add...a coworker had her baby in January and then they threw a shower for her at work about 2 to 3 weeks after the baby was born. We are high school teachers so the school is full of germs but she came with the baby. I think it's whatever you are comfortable with:)
  • Options
    hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1; 28+1

Baby is the size of a: Plate of pancakes (which actually sounds really good right now)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test Friday.  Doctor gave me the drink at the last appointment so I wouldn’t have to burn a whole hour there.  It looks gross.  I really don’t want to drink it haha.

How are you feeling?: A little achy.  I’ve been doing some running because it feels really good aerobically, but it’s also super uncomfortable in my pelvic region (especially the stowaway bouncing up and down on my bladder), and I get really sore after.  So I should probably stop, but... we’ll see.  I need exercise for my mental health right now, and swimming is a lot less convenient now than it was in my old location.

I’m so sorry for everyone who’s dealing with nausea at this stage. I hope you get some relief soon!!

Rants/Raves:  The transitions in my life continue to be hard.  But on the positive side, I finally actually look pregnant rather than just heavier in most clothes now.  A stranger made a comment about my baby for the first time this weekend.  And my grad alma mater won the national championship last night (basketball), so that was cool even though they are secondary to my undergrad team in my mind

Questions: 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans?  I really, really don’t want a shower.  I hate baby showers, am in a new location where I don’t have anyone to invite, and almost all of my friends in my last location are guys.  But my MIL is fixated on a shower for me (though she’s not offering to actually throw it; just wants to attend because she was sad she missed our wedding shower), and my mother is pressuring me to appease her.  Will likely put my foot down though.  That is a dumb reason to make someone throw a shower, and have more than enough other stuff stressing me out right now.

@vanillalatte89, I was just wondering this weekend if I should be worried about not having had them yet, and then yesterday, I had some brief but kind of sharp period-like cramping twice.  Not sure if that was BH or something else, though.  The internet tells me BH don’t usually hurt?

@pizzaplz, we’ve made basically no progress on that front since we got the NIPT results at 11 weeks

• Options
    @hoodevil0611 For the glucose test, put the drink in the fridge... it’s so much better when it’s cold! 
  • Options
    @hoodevil0611 @vanillalatte89 I wouldn’t be worried about not having them. I was getting them awhile back and more recently I haven’t been getting them. Also, I think they can be painful (not as painful as real ones).  If you switch positions and drink and they go away, they were probably Braxton Hicks.  I also feel an all over tightening of my stomach.
  • Options
    @Panaceia I don’t feel like I’d be up for that 😬... I’ll probably end up doing nothing 😞 😑

• Options
    pizzaplzpizzaplz member
    edited April 2019
    @jenniferjoy37, @mama_bear19, and @Panaceia, Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement in choosing a name! The original plan was, we have a (long) list of names we like, but we won’t know which is hers until we meet her. And I was fine with that! But then we let family get in our heads over the weekend, and my husband was like, “maybe we should try to narrow it down!” and I’m realizing that I really like LOTS of names! There are a few I lean toward more than the others, but I think they are different from the ones my husband really likes. (Of course, haha.) Maybe we can each narrow down a top three list. Or just open a phone book, lol @jenniferjoy37

Edited to respond to @sarahtram2018: ugh, so sorry your supplements are giving you nausea! I haven’t had to take iron supplements during this pregnancy, but I have a lot of experience as an anemic teenager/young adult. Are you taking the pills with food? That would be my number one suggestion. Sometimes even just a snack isn’t enough to stave off the nausea, so I would take my pill right after finishing a meal. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks and 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Upcoming Appointments: I have an ultrasound tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: overall good

Rants/Raves:  found out at my monthly checkup that my ob that I LOVE is no longer going to be my ob. She brought in my new ob today and walked her through my conception journey, which was great because I could elaborate if needed, and I generally like her, but I am so upset over this. 

Rave- I started on insulin this week and so far it’s helped so much. I feel like I’m doing pretty good keeping it under control now that I am on it. It’s really eased a lot of the worries I’ve been having due to it.

Questions: none

We believe in celebrating all babies. For this little one we’re planning on having a diaper shower. We don’t need any gear, just diapers and wipes. We’ll probably do something along the lines of a baby-q and cook some hotdogs and burgers.

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4 / 28+1

Baby is the size of a(n): ??

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):blue

Upcoming Appointments: had glucose test and my last monthly appt yesterday... now begins biweekly 

How are you feeling?: still have morning sickness

Rants/Raves:  I passed my 1 hour glucose test (for the first time ever) I had gd with my first and with my second I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour... so I’m celebrating 🥳 

Questions: 

GTKY: TTMA showers/sprinkles either for this LO or previous. What are your plans? For my first my mom and sil threw us a shower pink or blue either will do (we were team green) it was beautiful... for our second we remained team green and my mom and sil again threw us a small sprinkle with only family. My mom, sil and my good friend are throwing us a couples sprinkle this time to welcome our first boy.... it’s really a reason to have a huge pool party at my parents with all our friends and family