October 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 4/4

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to purchase just one baby or maternity-related item, what would that splurge be?
TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In w/o 4/4

• Loading the player...
  • @beachbunnyxo123, yay for hearing the baby's heartbeat!! What a beautiful sound ❤

@junebabyh, NONE! There are no cookies left! About 3:30 in the afternoon yesterday there were about 25 of the 60 cookies left, and I had seen pretty much everyone from the building and shared my news. At that point, I moved the tray from my office to the breakroom and sent out an email that the remaining cookies would be in the breakroom. I'm thinking people must have just felt awkward taking multiple cookies when they were sitting on my desk, because all remaining 25 cookies disappeared by 5pm. 😂😂
  • @marbellie OMG! Wonderful news. I was thinking about you today as I walked around during my lunchtime. So so happy. <3
  • @marbellie, I am so very happy for your update. You've been on my mind all week. I'm so grateful you got good news. 

Now, you tell Jelly Bean that his/her auntie Galentine said no more scaring their mommy!!
  • What's going on this week? Baby is starting to use it's hands to feel around it's face

How far along are you? 11+1

Anyone have an appointment this week? Next Tue, first "official" OB

Cravings/Symptoms? No real changes here. I did have some foot cramps the other night that were just awesome...

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm so tired today. Nothing different has happened in the past few days so I have no idea why today is so much worse. PGAL brain is being extra right now too. Tue night was my last dose of progesterone so paranoia is coming on strong. I was on it for an additional week just because I had it (both RE and OB said just use it up once I told them I had enough to cover 11wks) so logically I know everything should be fine. And I know that because everything was spot on at US last week that statistics are in my favor. It's just so hard to not feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe. Tues appt feels like fooooreeeever away.....

Questions?

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to purchase just one baby or maternity-related item, what would that splurge be? A nanny. A really great one who helps around the house. I need help lmao.
  • @galentine I'm still on root beer floats too! And I'm not avoiding soft serve, it's so yummy and the risk is so low imo
    @beachbunnyxo123 I got mine on Amazon, I don't remember which one, but it's just a ten foot long pillow and it worked great!
    @junebabyh I've never heard of avoiding tofu, I think you're fine!
    @marbellie I am so so happy for you!! I've been thinking about you tons and hoping everything was okay 💚💚
    @stephanie123456 I love how different apps have wildly different sizes for the babies lol
    @kindbytealikat I hope everything looks good at the little one's heart scan!
    @prpl11butterfly I'm sorry your pgal brain is getting to you... I hope it eases up soon 💚

What's going on this week? Little guy is practicing breathing and getting ready to 💩 
    How far along are you? 12+2
    Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope, not until the 16th
    Cravings/Symptoms? Still craving nothing but carbs and avoiding most proteins... Excited and nervous for tacos tonight because the last time I had them I felt super nauseous the rest of the night... 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? We had major issues come up with both buying and selling our home this week, but as of this morning we were back on track to close on Monday!! I'm soooo excited! 
    GTKY: If you had unlimited funds to purchase just one baby or maternity-related item, what would that splurge be? Probably a dock a tot. It's the only expensive item I want that's not necessarily a need.... 
  • @stephanie123456 think the long skinny sugar packets, not the short rectangular ones.  That one threw me off too!  
  • @emily1052 that makes much more sense. My workplace has packets of Splenda and I was holding one up earlier and thinking 🤔 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @emily1052 oh that does make more sense!! I was also imagining a Splenda packet @stephanie123456 lol
  • @marbellie, are you team green?! How did I not know this???
  • @galentine oh no...I've been outed 

• @marbellie, oh was it a secret? Oops. Anyway, good for you! I'm really impressed you guys were able to resist!!
  • @galentine haha, no I'm just kidding. We are green but it's funny because we we're casual about it. At first we thought, "wouldn't that be fun to have the baby there when we find out?" and we haven't gotten an overwhelming need to find out, soo now we're officially green. We're going to be sure to tell the ultrasound techs whenever we have scans (which will be every month starting at week 24 because of my low Papp-A levels  to make sure that Jelly Bean is growing properly). It'll be nice to always get to see him/her but will be funny if we accidentally find out thanks to an inopportune camera angle.
  • @marbellie they were excellent!! Although my toddler stole the last bite, you know the one with tons of sour cream and greasy goodness 😒😂

I'm putting my FFFC here because it's relevant... I was going to the nipt thread on Monday to talk about my disappointment with finding out we're having another boy and the guilt I was feeling about it when I saw your NIPT scare... Talk about sobering. I just started crying because I can't even imagine getting high probability results and I was instantly reminded that healthy is truly what's important. I'm so thankful that your jelly bean and my baby boy are looking good 💙 
  • @nnaelilak Yes healthy is best (congrats)!! If we have a boy, I'll say that to myself even if he pees on my face....which I understand is a true boy hazard 
  • junebabyhjunebabyh member
    edited April 2019
    @marbellie I hope you can hold out for Team Green--and I hope no sono technicians accidentally ruin it along the way. We waited with DS2 and it really is the ultimate surprise. Plus, since he arrived so fast and abruptly in the middle of the night he was STILL a secret for several hours after his arrival. Also, yes, if it is a boy he will 100% pee in your face, or at least on your clothes and hands during diaper changes. :D
    @nnaelilak I feel like a dock-a-dot is a need. I plan to get one (and probably won't alert DH until after it arrives).
    @prpl11butterfly Sorry you're feeling blue. I know baby is basically safer on the inside than on the outside, but sometimes I think my anxiety won't totally go away until his/her birthday.
    @kindbytealikat A new car would be so nice! Anyone here pro-minivan or love their 3rd row SUV?? We'll definitely be upgrading before Oct.

(edited for tagging error)
  • @junebabyh, I think you mis-tagged marbellie. You might want to edit if you can, I think our friend manillabar had a loss 😥
  • galentine said:
    @junebabyh, I think you mis-tagged marbellie. You might want to edit if you can, I think our friend manillabar had a loss 😥
    OMG thank you. UGH! Doing things too fast.. :(
  • @marbellie if it makes you feel better, my first boy has never peed on my face! Haha I think I've actually only been peed on a handfuhandful of times! The first was because I didn't know you had to point the penis down when you change the diaper and we took a nap tummy to tummy... I woke up SOAKED 😂

@junebabyh if I get one I'll definitely be telling DH after lol Although I'm kinda hoping to find one on a BST for a good deal! 
  • @junebabyh WAIT have you shared this epic birth story before? Because I'm invested now
    @nnaelilak I wouldn't have even thought about having to point it down, glad for the tip
  • @junebabyh AHHH that sounds pretty epic to me still. That's crazy and I can't believe that it all went down in just 2 hours. It really sucks that you didn't get to have the epidural though, they should've believed you from the beginning.