October 2019 Moms

April STM/STM+ check in

2»

Re: April STM/STM+ check in

• Robi1Robi1 member
    Due Date/W+D: 10/19 - 13+3??

Other kiddos/ages: 5, 4, 2

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Finding out: green as always! 

Nails/Fails: Energy seems to be up this week and I worked out for the first time in weeks! Fail... I tried the rowing machine which the internet tells me is usable through all of pregnancy but it did not work for me, my low belly is already too uncomfortable being compressed like that. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Fourth pregnancy is no joke, I can’t believe how huge my belly is and how much I have to adjust my positioning already. 

Have you told your kid(s)? How did it go? No we have not. Probably will tell them this weekend. They’ve been asking for a baby for a while so I anticipate it going well. 

Questions? Any recommendations for maternity swimsuits that aren’t hideous? Don’t think I can make it thru this time without one. 

GTKY: What’s one thing you plan to do differently this time around? Planning a home birth this time. Also declining all tests and ultrasounds. I’ve gone more and more minimal with each pregnancy and this one is just continuing the trend. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • alinic916 said:
    Due Date/W+D: 10/20  11w5
    Other kiddos/ages: DD1 - 3.5
    Team Pink/Blue/Green/Finding out: Blue
    Nails/Fails: I have had no time for the bump this week! Sorry for being MIA!!
    Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?  Dealing with some housing issues at one of our clinical sites. It's such a pain in the butt and the class behind us really dropped the ball. They're supposed to be having 2 students stay in the housing that our program director leases (but we pay for). Well those two students decided to find their own housing and didn't communicate. Now they're scrambling trying to figure out what to do next month because someone needs to pay for that shit! Their class is so disorganized!!
    Have you told your kid(s)? How did it go? Yes, she's been so cute about it. Asked if the baby is sleeping in my bed right now, if the baby has hair and if he's wearing clothes. Some days she'll say good night to the baby and rub my belly

Questions? Anyone else having bladder issues?! I'm going to talk to my OB doc at my next appt but I'm soooo annoyed and it's embarrasing! I think I need to start wearing a pad. I'm starting to have leaking issues, like wtf!! I think I'm gonna need some pelvic floor PT after this pregnancy. Hopefully not surgery or anything! And what's gonna happen when I'm 9 months pregnant if it's already starting at 3 months pregnant?!
    GTKY: What’s one thing you plan to do differently this time around?  Buy less shit?! DD1 has way too many clothes!! I feel like that's going to be easier with a boy though.
    I literally just asked about the bladder issue 😭😭 it's been so awful since I was pregnant with my daughter and it just gets worse. I've never really had a super strong bladder to begin with, but it's so much worse now😑😑😑 I wear a pad at work otherwise I end up sneezing and going 😣

• Loading the player...
  • andrawrmeda2andrawrmeda2 member
    edited April 2019
    Due Date/W+D: 15w, 3d, 10/4/19

Other kiddos/ages: DS, 4(July 15) and DD, 2 1/2 (January 17)

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Finding out: green💚

Nails/Fails: aye.. I feel I have more fails than nails 😑 my oldest is a little hyper and therefore drains my energy fast😂 he's rambunctious and I find myself losing patience alot. Nails, I was able to breastfeed my DD til she was 18 months, we had to stop only cause of a lactose allergy.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I have more than this thread wants to know. I would like to know, what is anyone's thoughts on the word Hyper? Is it rude to you, does it have a bad connotation? Does it make you think that the child is bad? There's a story to go with this(includes my grandma again, she's the star of most my rants🙄🙄) 

Have you told your kid(s)? How did it go? They know mommy's tummy has a baby and they shouldn't jump on it or give mommy ouchies. Other than that I don't think either of them really understand much. 

Questions? How's everyone else feeling?

GTKY: What’s one thing you plan to do differently this time around? I want to make it all the way to 2 breastfeeding this time. I also want to really start scheduling because my DS hopefully will be going to preschool so we need good bedtimes and a routine finally😭

• @andromedacorrine2 hyper isn't bad to me 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can totally see why someone would think that if they were constantly told their kid was hyper, but I think that's the same issue with a lot of the ways we describe kids. We all have our insecurities about our kids being different and they are compounded when we get a ton of comments about their stature and/or behaviors. My son constantly received comments about how small he was and still today about how much energy he has. I had another friend who couldn't stand when someone commented on how big her kid was/is. 
  • nnaelilak said:
    @andromedacorrine2 hyper isn't bad to me 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can totally see why someone would think that if they were constantly told their kid was hyper, but I think that's the same issue with a lot of the ways we describe kids. We all have our insecurities about our kids being different and they are compounded when we get a ton of comments about their stature and/or behaviors. My son constantly received comments about how small he was and still today about how much energy he has. I had another friend who couldn't stand when someone commented on how big her kid was/is. 
    Thank you for that. My babies areabith tinyi and people constantly bring it up🙄 So my grandma is telling me I'm gonna set my DS up to be medicated when he goes to school cause I called him hyper. He is an adventurous, rambunctious, loud and very active child. I don't see it as bad. She said I'm being awful cause I used it on a Facebook status about his preschool screening. And that I'm letting people see I have no confidence in my DS or any hope he'll be smart. I tried to tell her I obviously don't feel that way and that he's very smart and curious, just loud and wants to move everywhere at once. To me, that's a hyper child. I've been called hyper my whole life cause all I do is talk and bounce around. She just criticises everything I do and say 😑

• @andromedacorrine2 I'm so sorry, that's so hard! I definitely don't think you're setting him up to be medicated, that seems a bit silly if you ask me! My little sister and her daughter were and are hyper kids, we called my sister as such too and she grew up to be a great student, a college graduate and a very mellow adult 💚 
  • She is just so close minded and set in her ways. And she thinks she knows all because she's so much older. I give her credit, she's lived an incredible life and been many places, seen many more things than me. But she doesn't live in the now I feel. She's still stuck in her young adulthood, to the point she doesn't understand why I haven't gone back to school til now. It's a tough world out here when you don't own your own business and have the ability to travel. And she just loves to criticize me. Growing up, she pretty much raised me, her and my papa. And she always thought I was gonna do things her way all the time. She's learning I'm my own person, including how I raise my kids. And she doesn't like that cause she doesn't have control over me anymore. So any little thing she can nag, nitpick, poke at she does with me 😔 it's exhausting