New to IVF, Introduction — The Bump
Infertility

New to IVF, Introduction

Hello all, I'm 39 now and have been trying to conceive for the last 2 years. January 2019 we did IUI but it failed... I have a blocked left Fallopian tube, fibroids and thin uterine lining to add to the mix. We've decided to go the IVF route due to all my issues. March 27, 2019 I started my stims... a host of medications including Lupron, Follistim and Menopur. I went to the doctor on day 5 Monday April 1, 2019 and he says I have 6 follicles <10 and 1 at 11 so I don't think he was very happy with the size of the follicles. I go back to see him on Friday April 5 and this will be day 10 of stims. I'm hoping I will have more growth and more follicles. Has this happened with anyone else? Is slow growth normal? I take the highest amount of medication he can prescribe. I'll admit I'm feeling bummed about the last doctor's visit. If all goes well we will have egg retrieval sometime starting the week of April 8, 2019. Fingers and toes crossed!
hmasood2019

Re: New to IVF, Introduction

• katie35katie35
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    @twin2180 I haven't found that I have additional follicles pop up but I did notice that they grew faster towards the end of stims.  I think you might be surprised on Friday!  Good luck to you!!
    - August 2013 - December 2013 3 rounds Clomid 
    - February 2014 - DH diagnosed with bilateral absence of vasdeferens, so on to IVF with ICSI.
    - November 2014 - First IVF round/retrieval.  From that we ended up with 12, day 3 embryos.  Fresh transfer - chemical pregnancy
    - February 2015 - 1st FET - BFN
    - Dec 2015 - 2nd FET  - BFN
    - Dec 2016 - 3rd FET - Added endo scratch, endometrial HCG, and resistant uterine protocol - BFN 
    - Dec 2017 - Intra uterine scope and biopsy - Found nothing that could be causing us not to concieve
    - Jan 2018 - ERA- Found I was post receptive and we needed 12 less hours of progesterone before transfer
    - February 2018 - 4th FET - because of needing to mimic ERA cycle, had to thaw all 4 remaining embryos to day 5.  In that process 3 of the embryos arrested and the remaining embryo was very poor quality.  We weren't too surprised when that also ended in a BFN. 
    - July 2018 - Full IVF round with PGS testing.  18 retrieved, 12 mature, 5 made it to day 5 testing day, 2 Normal.
    -October 2018 - 5th FET with a good quality PGS normal embryo with altered ERA transfer timing - BFN

July IVF 2018 Link - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DfZXNH1ydA731CAEia7ySoE5SYlJkyFlYTQa7MW8gzc/edit?usp=sharing

• twin2180twin2180
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    That is great to know, thank you for sharing!
  • Loading the player...
  • @twin2180 it's been a while how did it go?  Did your egg retrieval push through?