Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15-23) w/o 3/31

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby?

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15-23) w/o 3/31

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 / 20w 3d (lol second child I had to double check the bump app to make sure if I was 19 or 20 weeks)

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blueeeee

Upcoming Appointments: not for a while--4 weeks from today. I had my AS this past Wednesday.

How are you feeling?: miserably tired, but not from pregnancy alone. Pregnancy certainly contributes, but it's from a combo of work crunch + getting a head cold from DD

Rants/Raves: it's review season at work and on top of all the actual work I have to do I have to write out this long self-evaluation form reflecting on the actual work I have to do that I am getting delayed in because of writing out this long self-evaluation form reflecting on the work I have done and have to do and waaahhhhh

Questions: too brain dead to think of any!

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? 

DD is like a CARBON COPY of DH, particularly his mom, and honestly she's really pretty so I don't mind. In fact I can't fully believe I made her! The only feature so far that's mine is her light-colored eyes (though hers are blue and mine are green), and I'd love for this baby to have them too. DD is a bright yellow blonde like my MIL and I'd love this little one to have red hair from my side!

But in terms of features from his side, DD has their skinny athletic frame and I hope this baby has it too. Also I'm altogether too pasty-pale with absolutely no ability to tan which is a total drag for sun sensitivity, so I hope this baby gets DH's more golden skintone (DD is somewhere between the two of us). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 17th

Baby is the size of a(n): fully grown axolotl, which we have one as a pet! So that was fun finding out.

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow I have the a/s and mfm and ob appoinntments

How are you feeling?: Eh

Rants/Raves: it's been rough around here latepy

Questions: none

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? My oldest looks just like my husband, except with my nose. dS2 looks more like me and DD looks like a decent mix. None of them have my curly hair. Not a single one. And I have very curly hair. And I had it as a baby. So I'm hoping this little girl has my curly hair. And since we have two blue eyed kiddos and one brown eyed, I'm hoping she gets my big brown eyes. But I hope she gets Hs athletic body and fast.metabolism.

• Options

@purplg8r sorry sleep has been such an issue.  Have you talked to your OB at all about your sleep concerns? I know sometimes hearing from your doctor about sleep positioning can help ease some worries. 

@cato99 that review sounds miserable. sleep is a precious commodity right now, you don't need something else making you tired! 

@Beauxbaton GL tomorrow! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19+5 (cato99, not sure what my excuse is I'm a FTM and originally had 18+5) 8/22 

Baby is the size of a(n): Gameboy. (the bump said bowl of cereal, how do you know how big my cereal bowls are)

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Green 

Upcoming Appointments: MFM in a couple of weeks and back to the OB in May, so nothing for a while!

How are you feeling?: Like purplg8r I'm having some sleep issues, I wake up at least 2x a night, but not for the bathroom, just to wake up, I can usually get back to sleep, but it's really annoying. 

Rants/Raves: I know there have been lots of weather complaints but this swing from lows of 30s one day to highs in the 80s later in the week is a no go for me! 

Questions: Clothes. I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm in that weird spot where my regular clothes are a bit too small and the maternity clothes I have are bit too big. Any suggestions for getting through this time?

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby?  we always joke that baby will get his height and my coordination...not a good combo. LOL. I know DH really wants LO to have his light eyes. This is going to sound so weird, but if it is a girl, I hope she has detached earlobes like me. If she ever wants her ears pierced, I think earrings look better on detached earlobes, I guess that goes for a boy too.  DH and I say the same on this we hope baby gets my nose. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20w + some

Baby is the size of a(n): Starbucks Venti cup

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for the A/S and 20W appt

How are you feeling?: crappy. kidneys acting up. still have flu symptoms. braxton hicks are crazy. tired.

Rants/Raves: i got nothing

Questions: nah

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? Since this one is a boy, DH is really hoping this kid is tall. He's 6'6 and both of our girls are lining up most with my height chart growing up. DH doesnt want a short boy. I think it would be cool for this kid to have my green eyes. DD1 is brown eyes and brown hair (DH genes), DD2 is blonde hair (me) and blue eyes (my mom). So it would be cool to round out the kids with red hair (both sides have some) and green eyes (me). 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options

@Avrilmai I laughed at that cereal bowl comment. So true!

@sourlemon Sorry you're feeling so bad. Hopefully you find some relief with all (or even some) of that soon.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/16; 20w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): The Bump = Banana/Microphone; Ovia = Belgian Endive

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment on 4/25 for a regular doctor's visit

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just some intermittent hearburn.

Rants/Raves: I got dismissed from jury duty yesterday. It seemed to take forever to get through the process and they didn't end up selecting jurors until around 2:30 and had still not eaten lunch. I might have stopped for Freebirds on my way home and stuffed my face.

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? Current DD has my hair type (not the color though) so hope that passes along as well. Also maybe hope they get my eyes. As for their father, I guess his nose since DD has his nose but I think it looks cute.

And agree with @cato99, my skin tone is what I call clear because I'm pasty white and can burn. My husband tans really well. DD seems to have a more olive skin tone than mine so hopefully that means she'll tan more than burn so hope that passes along as well.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    agpandmeagpandme member
    edited April 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w4days

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): BLUE!

Upcoming Appointments: Check up at the end of the month.  

How are you feeling?: Great! Really no major symptoms just growing steadily and eating a lot of raisin bran

Rants/Raves: Pregnancy cravings are a real thing! LOL  I have never eaten so much Raisin Bran in my entire life.  I don't even eat cereal normally but I have been inhaling it. 

Questions: None really

From me - The ability to have nice tan skin and a tow head baby.  Other than that I hope he looks like his father.  Tall, blue eyed and handsome :)   Both DH and I look exactly like our mothers so its really a toss up LOL

• Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: August 20th, 20 weeks exactly today!

Baby us the size of a/an: Banana or Belgian Endive

What team are you on (Blue, Pink or Green): TEAM BLUE! We just found out this morning, and it was what we were hoping for!

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, we have a follow up to go over all measurements.

How are you feeling?: So happy. 

Rants/Raves: Just how excited I am that we are having a boy. From the moment we found out we were pregnant it's what we both hoped for.

Questions: None

GTKY: I hope that LO gets my hair and eye color (blonde hair and blue eyes), I am hoping that he gets DH personality. I am very stubborn so I am praying he doesn't inherit that trait!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23 - 19w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green

Upcoming Appointments: have my anatomy scan and ob appointment on the 10th.  Super excited since we’ve been waiting to post anything on social media until after this appointment.

How are you feeling?: pretty good.  Tired, starting to get back aches

Rants/Raves: still haven’t felt baby move 🙁.  FTM and overweight so I know it could be a few weeks still.

Questions: 

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? My eyes both the color and good eye sight!  His build/body structure.

• Options
    @Avrilmai have you tried something like this? https://www.ingridandisabel.com/products/1013-bellaband-basic?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjP_g5Pmx4QIVh7fACh0DjgSUEAQYBCABEgKhbvD_BwE   they can help buy you some more time in your pre-maternity pants. Also under the belly or side-panel maternity pants can be good for the beginning (fair warning I find at any stage I do have to pull them up a lot)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 I actually just got one of those from Target! I haven't tried it yet, but may give it a shot this weekend. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @Avrilmai I think they can be a good short term stop-gap till you fit better in maternity cloths. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    I was going to suggest the belly band as well.  I LOVE my maternity pants but they do tend to slip down with the small belly.  I also really love just a long maternity tank under regular clothing.  Hides the elastic hair tie holding my pants together.
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton  had to go look up what a axolotl was!

@Avrilmai yeah.  She just said as long I was on my side most of the time, if I wake up on my back and turn right back on my side, then I’m okay.  I’m just not sleeping well on my side at all. Is it your pants that are just a little too small? I second what @wabash15 said about  belly bands. They worked nicely for me for a while.  Or I’m finding I like the maternity pants that have the stretchy waist (instead of the band that goes over the belly).  
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/19 20w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): last I saw was banana

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink!

Upcoming Appointments: just had my 20 wk ob, currently in the waiting room for the AS!

How are you feeling?: mostly good! I had a super long day at work yesterday so I’m tired but otherwise I can’t complain much. 

Rants/Raves: I just started listening to a new podcast that addresses weight stigma and diet culture. One episode was about weight stigma during pregnancy and the way larger women are often treated makes me ragey 

Questions: nope

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? My son has my husband’s blonde hair and blue eyes, I’d love for this girl to have the same or my green eyes. I hope she gets my skin tone because my husband is pasty white and burns so easily. 

• Options
    I copy and pasted my post from the a/s discussion. I was supposed to have my anatomy scan yesterday. The tech said the baby was "too small" to see the anatomy. Which I don't actually believe because she is measuring right on time. Plus I've been having weekly ultrasrounds where you can definitely see lots and lots of things. I think she just didn't want to do it. We were literally in the room for 5 minutes. She did the pr Interval (heart) and then this other scan that checks bloodflow through the vessal in the brain or something. And then decided she couldn't see anything else. She didn't try to get the baby to move. She didn't even attempt to see anything else. We don't like this tech in general. I've never liked her with DS2 she did my anatomy scan and we had to completely redo it at 24 weeks because everything was blurry because she rushes through everything. They also wanted to do a transvaginal scan to check cervical length because my placenta has been low. But I declined. It feels like jumping the gun at this point. Plus I feel like I should be able to have a transvaginal scan with someone I'm comfortable with. And I'm definitely not comfortable with that tech. So it was a bummer of a day. It's really been a bummer of a pregnancy. Oh well. Another pr interval next week. Hopefully with my fave tech who is really good.
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton I'm sorry your anatomy scan was not really one and was a shit experience. I wonder if you can request a specific ultrasound tech from now on....hugs
    @purplg8r I still sleep on my back ~1/2 the time and I slept on my back for most of my last pregnancy... I did take the snoogle and put it under my right side a little bit so I was slightly tipped... Really I think they overblow the not sleeping on your back thing, and your body wakes you up if your uncomfortable.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @Beauxbaton I'm sorry your a/s was a bummer and it is really disheartening to hear that the tech is not taking her time, putting forth the energy to do the job fully. I second wabash, can you request to be with a different tech? 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @Avrilmai I'd do dresses as much as possible to help with the in between, especially more flowy ones.

@Beauxbaton That's so frustrating, I'm really sorry. If they send you a survey about your experience, make sure you fill it out. Places take those really seriously. I'm also with you and calling BS. My due date is the 21st and I had my AS last Tuesday without issue other than baby's positioning. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21 20 weeks today, half-way there! It feels so surreal.

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Pink! Found out last week and I'm so excited! I think DD will love having a sister. When we told her though she just said "Oh, I wanted a brother"  :D

Upcoming Appointments: 4/5 for my monthly check-up and 4/9 going back for round 2 of AS because they couldn't get some images of the heart 

How are you feeling?: Big. But really pretty good, my energy level is so much better. My hips are starting to hurt while sleeping and I officially can no longer comfortably sleep on my stomach so I've started to sleep with a pillow.

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? I would love for this LO to have my hair color. DD has my hair texture (thick and will probably turn wavy), but I would love to see my copper red color and my eye shape, I have big round eyes that I love on little kids. From DH, I hope this LO gets his build (skinny but strong) and his metabolism. DD seems to have those things from DH so I'm hoping they're very dominant. I have always been on the slightly heavier side and I would just love for my girls not to have to worry about it. I also love DH's eye color, a very pretty green that would be so cute with my copper hair.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): found out this week another boy! 

Upcoming Appointments: Waiting to get scheduled for a level two ultrasound due to a mass found in baby’s lung. I talked about it a little in the a/s post. Otherwise midwife appointment next month. 

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy wise I’m feeling great with no symptoms, which is pretty great. We got the news about baby’s lung yesterday so right now I’m feeling nervous, but staying positive and off of google! 

Rants/Raves: Raves: nanny share starts next week for my son in the interim until we get into another daycare. Ours closed abruptly, but he’s number one on the waiting list for one we like. Hopefully he’ll get in soon. It’s been stressful shuffling him around last week and this week. Rants: nothing really

Questions: 

GTKY: (Stolen from G1) What is/are 1-2 physical features you hope LO gets from you? From your partner/father of baby? We’ve always said we hope our kids get my husband’s good vision, and my good teeth 😊

• Options
    @Beauxbaton that really sucks. I had an early a/s and they could see almost everything (couldn’t quite get all the heart and brain pics but got tons of others).  I’d definitely request a different tech next time. 

@wabash15 oh that’s good to know and makes me feel better!

@jma_18 I hope they can get you in quickly!