edited April 2019 in July 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? 

Re: group 3 check in- july 17 to 24 - w/o 4/1

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 | 24w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): canteloupe

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finally the day has come! ................. team BLUE!!! <3

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd glucose test - April 5; midwife - April 16

How are you feeling?: Overall good, yesterday at our reveal i was on my feet a lot trying to be hostess so my back was hurting a bit by the end of the day. 

Rants/Raves:  So happy to find out we are having a little baby boy! Now i'll have one of each :) i couldn't be happier. Our gender reveal was absolutely perfect and everyone had a great time. I'll remember this weekend for a long time. :)

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? Prob the same as @blackhottamales - a remote starter for my car. it surely came in handy this winter. beyond that, i would say furnishing my home office. 

@blackhottamales i don't have strange cravings, more specific ones - like if i see mcdonalds for example, then chances are that day im having mcdonald's. one thing i do crave often is chinese food. 

@jennm0724 awww man, that sucks. i hate when that happens, but at least you got everything in the end. but ur right, it's so embarassing bc of course the first thing people assume is you don't have the money. argh. 

@mamanbebe SO awesome you went to Costa Rica by yourself! So many people say women should take at least one vacay in their life by themselves. 

• @jennm0724 That is so frustrating! I used to have that happen when I was reloading a metrocard for the subway, which I did regularly, but on occasion my bank would just decide it was fraud and freeze my account while I was underground with no cell service. 

@blackhottamales I remember thinking when I was pregnant with DS that I didn't have cravings, more-so indulgences and aversions, but in hindsight I ate a whole lot of Thai, BBQ and ice cream. This time nothing seems noticeably to be a craving, but I definitely have aversions to most meat. 

@mixitupmel Congrats on your little boy!!
  • @mamanbebe That sounds like a great trip! I'd be too scared to travel that far by myself LOL! oh man, I'd be so pissed that they put a hold on the card and I had no service to fix it! 

@blackhottamales so frustrating when all you want to do is a make a purchase and that instant shame that comes with being declined! My husband had his other card with him, but then it became about the principle and he refused to use it until the bank fixed our debit card. 
    As far as cravings, I wouldn't say I have any.. like you I love carbs, so I tend to over indulge in them now. But I can see things on TV that look good, but I never have to go and get it. 

@mixitupmel yay for team blue!! I'm so happy that you found out and the wait is over! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24+4

Cantaloupe 

Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    April 23

How are you feeling?: 

Pretty good 

Rants/Raves:  

We have a family trip this month and I’m so excited and hoping it helps this pregnancy go faster. 

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? I don’t really buy things for myself but we just splurged and bought into Disney vacation club. We have been talking about it for a bit and took the plunge. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Loaf of Bread

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Hospital Tour on Weds. OB on Thurs. \

How are you feeling?: Actually feeling pretty good the last week. A little soreness from RLP. A little crabbiness from hubby who can't really handle work stress all that well and they cut a bunch of people, but not him, and he is freaking out over nothing

Rants/Raves:  I have a couple of things that I need to get done this week to get ready to go to Hawaii. One of which is to get all the money moved around so that we can pay the taxes this year. Have some laundry to get done. I just hope I can get through the week with as little motivation as I honestly do have. If the rest of the week continues like this, it ain't gonna be pretty.  
    I've been working on this big testing project since Thanksgiving. We've compiled all of the results. I've given those results and my recommendations to the decision makers. They made all of these decisions last week. I sent over the final change proposal for sign-off before I send it out to our teams and disrupt their poor lives. And then today, at our last meeting, they went back on all of the decisions we made and are sitting stagnant. And I'm just sitting here banging my head against my desk. 

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? In this pregnancy? That would be my trip to Hawaii. In my life? I guess my lovesactionals? Or maybe my bathroom with my 6'x3' soaker tub? I've spent some pretty big budgets on vacations in my life as well, so I'm not really sure what it might be. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18 / 24W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): hand is as long as a Lego person :love: 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 4/4 check-up and glucose test

How are you feeling?: mentally, trying to get used to having DH put my socks on, pick things up off the ground for me, etc. I feel like such an invalid :/ Physically, ok--although my lower back gets tingly if I stand for too long. If this is how I feel with three weeks left in the second trimester, I'm kinda scared for the third trimester... 

Rants/Raves:  

Rant: DH taking the bulk of laundry duty means that laundry sits in the dryer for days now. How hard is it to go downstairs when the dryer buzzes? 

Rave: I just started using my pregnancy pillow and it's AWESOME!! My tossing and turning was getting really bad and now it's down to almost nothing (according to DH). I took an hour-long nap on it on Sunday :) 

Questions: Does anyone else's belly change shape when baby changes positions? Baby turned sideways over the weekend and I looked/felt completely different. I panicked and thought I had diastasis recti :D But then she went back to her regular spot. Apparently she wasn't comfortable either :p 

@blackhottamales - I don't have true cravings either: just foods that I eat regularly that I never did before. Like cheese and crackers with juice. Letting me loose in a grocery store is a bad idea, though :D 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? I'm about to splurge on a maternity boudoir session for myself. I know if I don't get it done, I'll always wonder if I should have done it. I've worked with these photographers before (they're friends of mine) and I can't wait to get in front of the camera again!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: C-Sec scheduled 7/18 | 24w

Baby is the size of a(n): Demi-baguette (Oui oui!)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Today (everything was fine), and May 1st for Glucose.

How are you feeling?: TIRED AF. Always tired, can't seem to sleep, Zzzquil only lasts about 4-5/hrs and I don't feel comfortable taking it daily. Sadly the docs said that there isn't really anything to help, to just try to nap more if I can. Also tons and tons and tons of BH and while they don't hurt, they're sort of exhausting in their own way because I get them in long clusters, and they sort of wind me. 

Rants/Raves: Rave for a date night with DH on Thursday before he heads out of country for work for two weeks. I think we're going to go see Captain Marvel. 

Questions: Those of you who are working, are you working right up to the due date? Teleworking in the end? Taking off early? My scheduled c-sec (if Dibbun doesn't come on his own) is a Thursday, and I'm trying to think if I wanna take that Wednesday off, or the whole week, just to have time to myself and to nest & rest.

GTKY: What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? 

Er... Probably a spa day? Does that count as an 'item'? Honestly I haven't ever really spent a lot of money on clothes or makeup or accessories. And I'm guessing things like cars and stuff for the house don't really count. So I guess my Cricut and all the supplies to use it? I love my Cricut.

• @jennm0724 ... Your bank seriously declined a transaction for only an hour away? I get if you went on vacay or something, but seriously? I'm glad they were able to resolve it somewhat quickly but boy I'd be pissed.

@blackhottamales I had serious cravings with M, but that only lasted the first tri and a little past - all I wanted to eat was mac'n'cheese and hotdogs. No real 'cravings' this time other than something looks good on the telly and I must have it now. Like that slushy you just mentioned, god I need one suddenly. 

@mixitupmel CONGRATS ON BLUE! 

@annewheeler2 DH and I briefly considered the Disney Vacay Club, at least maybe for a few years while the kids are younger, but he's starting to want to be able to branch out more. Are you going to be traveling a lot, you think? 

@hestia14 Not yet this pregnancy, but again, all the time with M. SO lopsided. I figure it'll happen again as Dibbun gets bigger. 
  • @hestia14 lol my hubby does the same. i have to remind him the laundry went off, can you bring it up? this is why 2nd floor laundry would be so much more helpful. ours is in our basement :( and yay for the pregnancy pillow!!! i swear by mine as well. when we are out of town and i dont have it, i miss it. and good for u for booking that boudoir session!!! that's gonna be a great memory to have :) and im 100% with you on if this is how i feel now, what in the heck am i going to feel like in the 3rd trimester :neutral:

@foodislove yay for date night. captain marvel was good, took me a while to get into it, but by the end i liked it lol. at first i was going to work right up until my due date. but now im thinking maybe i want to take a week off before (if this little babe doesn't come before then). i definitely think you should at least take the wednesday off or that week off to just prepare and relax. i currently telecommute twice a week, but im hoping i can stretch it to 3 times or more (lol) closer to the day. my commute is 45 mins to an hour when i have to go in. 

• @annewheeler2 – yay for a trip! We have our little babymoon at the end of this month.

@hakele – so jealous of your Hawaii trip! Can’t wait to hear about it! OMG your work people would piss me off to no end!

@hestia14 – my husband is the same with laundry, his clothes will sit in the dryer for 2 days before I can’t stand it any longer and I put them in a basket and set it on front of the stairs for him to carry up. I told him next time I am going to hide them from him.

@foodislove – I am trying to figure out my work schedule, I will work from home all of July, just not sure how close up to the 24th I’ll go. And yes they declined the transaction an hour away, it was over $1k so I’m sure that’s why they flagged it, still pisses me off LOL! I

• @foodislove Officially i'm contracting with a company for now, but i'm working with them fulltime because they need lots of help right now.  I'm working on a plan right now for when i'm taking the 3 month away but i'm hoping to have all the back ups in place for end of June month end work and help answer questions they have up until i give birth.  I'm due 7/18, but I assume i will stop going into the office Friday the 12th and just be available as needed.  

I'm with you on work, not loving the work right now, but the pay is really good and i have complete flexibility so i really can't complain.  The problem is people need to just do their jobs and be competent.  I don't know why it's so hard.  
  • @foodislove we bought resale so it was a lot cheaper but we priced out how much we spend each time we go and it made a lot of sense to do it. We can rent out our points the years we don’t go or want to go somewhere else and use that money towards a different spot. I honestly wish we did it a lot earlier 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @foodislove I am saving vacation time to take off by the end of a June. Due July 17th. No way do I wanna work up to the DD!! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 17

Prairie Dog 

Green 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Today... currently sitting in waiting room

How are you feeling?: 

Good... getting pelvic pain still but manageable. 

Rants/Raves:  

Excited to celebrate our 7th Anniversary this weekend with a staycation ☺️

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? 

Probably my MacBook. Or anytime I buy something at Lululemon... lol  

• @blackhottamales I think my cravings were stronger in the first tri. Now I just want all the food. 
  • @foodislove I already work remotely, so I am planning to work up until I am in labor. My boss is the best. I’m so blessed with that. She has a 3 year old, so she gets it.  
    My previous boss went into labor while she was interviewing a new hire. It was funny. He was a former Paramedic, so he was like, I’m gonna take a stab and say that you are in labor. He did get the job! Lol. 
    (I wrote this yesterday and didn't hit post. LOL.) 

Also, found out at my childbirth class that my L&D unit offers Nitrous Oxide and I'm so ding-dang excited! 

@jennm0724 that Hawaii trip is keeping me alive this week! I have plenty of other crap to get done, so that is the main reason that I'm banging my head against the desk. I made all of these process changes and they are just on hold until this decision is made. Ugh. But I've gotten a lot of little tiny projects done ALL week. Yay! 
  • Had my repeat AS on Monday, and so far haven't heard back that I need any further images so I'm excited! LO was hiding down in my pelvis and so they had to to tip the table down to try to get gravity to drag her out LOL! Had my 24wk appointment today, heartbeat was about 150, all is good :) and no one said anything about the 20lbs I've gained! YAY! Now just have to figure out when I am going to take my glucose test... 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23 / 24+1 / induction at 37 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): GI Joe

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Just had an MFM appt yesterday which includes an ultrasound... got some really cool 3d pics of the baby and it made me so excited! Baby is measuring around 1lb 7oz!

How are you feeling?: I'm honestly feeling sore and run down this week... I feel like my belly has gotten so big and yet it has soo much growing to do yet! I don't know if it's just baby pushing or if its braxton hicks but it's been a bit painful!

Rants/Raves:  DH's company just announced a paid parental leave policy effective immediately!! It's only two weeks but I'm so excited I'll get some extra help from him without having to deplete his vacation time! Rant is my 13 month old hates me and was up every 20 min for two hours straight last night. His sleep has been awful since his surgery/hospitalization and I'm convinced I'll be getting up with two babies in July :bawling:

Questions: 

GTKY: (edit because there is a whole Thread on April Fools) What's your biggest splurge item for yourself you've purchased? I can't think of anything!! 

@mixitupmel congrats on baby boy!! 

@hestia14 how fun to do a maternity boudoir! I think you'll always treasure those photos! I've never done one, but I love my pregnant body and think a shoot like that would be awesome to do.

@jennm0724 yay for a great follow up anatomy scan!!

@foodislove hope you enjoyed your date night!

@hakele I'm also so jealous of your babymoon!! Hope it is an absolute blast!

• @ccmama3 thank you!!! :smile: YAY for paid parental leave!!! but awwww man for your 13 month old. hopefully in the next few months things get better for the little guy. <3 we did a 3D US as well and the pics were pretty cool, but our guy was hiding his face a lot of the time, he really made us work to get even a glimpse!

@jennm0724 yay for a good AS this time around! :blush: lol sounds like ur girl is being cheeky already :)