Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 4/1

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible!

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 4/1

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 27w

Baby is the size of a(n): big bottle of siracha

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: glucose on the 10th

How are you feeling?: Ok - just a bit stressed, death in the family + nonstop events + my crazy commute for work - I just feel like I'm running on fumes

Rants/Raves: While I may be running on fumes, I leave for my babymoon Friday!! Thank god DH booked a remote cabin far away in the woods, cause I really need to escape from everyone and decompress. Also, is it possible my terrible brittle nails are finally getting pregnancy strong?!

Questions: Does anyone else go through stages of feeling like a goddess and then quickly down to jabba the hutt or is that just me?

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible!

Well it would have to have a wrap around porch and at least one balcony for me to have my morning coffee on - the rest I'm easy! I grew up in a house with a wrap around and man do I miss it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:    27 weeks                                     

Lettuce 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Glucose and rhogham April 18

How are you feeling?:  most days good overall just periods of being very tired. Nausea is intermittent again.

Rants/Raves:  

My SIL is so upset (to the point of severe anger, telling, name calling) that I’m having a second shower because her mom didn’t throw a second shower for her. This baby is my husbands first baby so it was important to his mom to throw one. My daughter is 5 and from a prior marriage. It’s causing a lot of drama. I’m sad she can’t just be happy.

Questions: anybody experience severe headache, nausea and fatigue after glucose test? I felt like total crap all day after the test with my daughter. I’m praying not to feel that way this time.

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible!     Honestly I’m so simple my town home is the perfect dream size for me. However- I would love a decorator to just have at it with my house lol and a pool would be fabulous. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vanillalatte89 that's horrible - so sorry you are having to deal with that! You would think she would just be happy for you all and excited for a new niece or nephew. Sending my positive vibes your way. Also, don't forget the pool boy - I have a pool and man is that thing a hassle! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): a bunch of kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): team blue X's 2 

Upcoming Appointments: nothing this week unless the endocrinologist decides to put me on insulin 

How are you feeling?: my blood sugar levels have been very bad lately. I've been testing since 10 weeks since I had GD last pregnancy. Whwn they go up and down it makes me irritable and tired. 

Rants/Raves: we are moving next weekend and I'm just overwhelmed and exhausted

Questions: not at the moment 

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible

My dream home would have huge bedrooms with whatever my kids wanted (slides, rock climbing wall, whatever) with a large kitchen, a big back yard that they could play in, close to shopping and such but enough privacy, and in the best of the best school districts. 

We are moving this coming weekend and while the home falls into most of those categories I would have loved and wanted a little more sqft. 

• Options
    @indulgentgypsy you can do it! One day at a time.
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 5th, 26w 3d

Baby is the size of kale.

Team Pink.

Upcoming Appointments: April 12th. Passed my glucose test last week!

How are you feeling?: I've had a horrible pain in my calf all day that just is not going away. 😬

Rants/Raves:  Tired of being pregnant. lol

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible! A large farm house on a couple acres of land. Open living area, big bedrooms, with walk in closets and plenty of storage.  

• Options
    @gbud630 Sorry for your loss

@indulgentgypsy Best of luck with quitting! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

7/7; 26+1

Kale bunch

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Keeping it a secret 

Upcoming Appointments: 

Check up on Thursday... Should be doing my 1 hr glucose test that day too

How are you feeling?: 

Over my cold. Had a wicked bad calf cramp the other night. The muscle still feels a bit tight. 

Rants/Raves:  

Flew to SC for a quick family weekend, and both DH and I had a good time. I was really glad to show DH that I'm still traveling well! 

Questions: 

Does anyone else feel behind in preparing for these little ones? We are still setting up our registry and picking our crib, carseat, and stroller. We haven't even started getting the nursery ready. At least we've signed up for baby classes! I feel like I have so much left still to learn too... Trying not get overwhelmed. 

I have a big wish list... But one thing that would be really great is to have a nice walk in pantry. We don't really have enough cabinets in our current kitchen, and we've been keeping things in other rooms in the house such as the laundry room, basement, and garage. Definitely not ideal! 

• Options
    @keebler6elf I’m right there with ya! I have my crib from my daughter in the nursery but that is it.
  • Options
    @keebler6elf Same boat. The nursery is still full of crap. We want to finish the basement before we get the nursery together. Guess who hasn’t even started on the basement...? Ugh. I feel so behind too! 

@indulgentgypsy You can do it!! We’re all here for you if you need us! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26+1, 7/7

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash, kale

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 4/18 for glucose

How are you feeling?: I started wearing the belt and my SPD pain has decreased drastically. So I’m super happy about that! 

Rants/Raves:  rant: I’ve developed a bad case of the “dropsies” and I don’t want to pick it up once it’s on the ground. I know, lazy, but I don’t feel like bending over. 

Questions: Nothing this go around!

I found my dream home, it’s just going to take a few years to pay off student loans for us to afford it. It has a large entrance (not a hallway) with a lofted ceiling. Mud room, 3 car garage. Downstairs office and powder room. A gigantic kitchen with a huge island. A chefs kitchen, if you must. Also, a large living room that’s open, so two stories tall. Upstairs, jack and Jill bathrooms for kids, a separate guest room with its own bath. Master: large, bright room, claw foot tub, giant shower, enclosed toilet. Nice walk in closet with windows. I would love to have a larger backyard where kids and dogs could play, but it’s tough to find that in a suburb. I still want to be close to the city, but far enough away to avoid the traffic! Ha. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27+0...RCS last week of June

Baby is the size of a(n): weird cake

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink:)

Upcoming Appointments: Have to get my pertussis shot scheduled for this week. Next OB appointment is on the 18th.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Nauseous. Sore.

Rants/Raves:  I splurged on a new stroller system. I love it:) Also...only 12 weeks to go! I love that I am feeling so much movement.

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: I would love to live close to the water on a beach. Like Northern Canada type beach...not tropical. Not picky about the house but with all kinds of activity rooms for the kids so they can climb, jump, do obstacle courses etc during bad weather.

• Options
    @gbud630 Yes to the goddess to frump. I felt awesome yesterday. Today I feel like I look like a lump. 

@keebler6elf I have everything I need but feel like I haven't really done anything. Honestly because of our living situation all there is to do is set up the bassinet and install the car seat...but I still feel like I should be doing do much more.
  • Options
    @gbud630 sorry for your loss.
    totally with you on feeling up and down about appearance.  I would also LOVE a wrap around porch!
    @indulgentgypsy you can do it! Enjoy your new class!!
    @vanillalatte89 I don’t remember the specific symptoms, but I remember feeling awful after the glucose test. I actually scheduled a day off for my test because of last time.
    @jenniferjoy37 me too on the dropsies... luckily my 3 yr old is almost always willing to run over and pick it up!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/4 26w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): kale 🥬 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: pretty good at the moment... last night I was woozy, tired, and I had a headache 

Rants/Raves:  I’m still waiting to have an in depth talk about vbac vs rcs and I’m feeling all over the place about it.

Large kitchen, lots of storage, lots of windows and sunlight, wrap around porch, a pool, and a decent yard

• Options
    @mama_bear19 Do you have a preference one way or the other about VBAC vs RCS at the moment? 
  • Options
    I keep getting these moments where it feels like I'm having trouble breathing and like my heart is beating...harder?...than normal. Almost like mini panic attacks but at the strangest times and literally for no reason. Anyone else? Is this something I should bring up with my doctor at my next appointment?
  • Options
    @Panaceia Yes, I have moments where I'm sitting pretty still and I feel my heart rate pick up. I have had full blown panic attacks before, and this does feels like a mini-version. It's not as severe, but I do feel like my breathing restricts a little. When it happens, I try to lie down - get my head down and my feet up, and that helps me relax as it passes. 

I wear a fit bit, and it records it the same way as if I'd done a trip up and down the stairs, but it doesn't seem to be brought on by any physical activity or emotion stress. 
  • Options
    @keebler6elf Thank you for this!!! I never had this with DD1 so it was throwing me for a loop. I'll follow your suggestions the next time one comes on. How has evolution not made pregnancy easier on us over the years?!
  • Options
    mama_bear19mama_bear19 member
    edited April 2019
     @panaceia I’ve had moments where it feels like my heart is beating harder/faster, but when I check my heart rate it’s normal. I honestly didn’t think to mention it at my appt.  If it’s still happening I don’t think it ever hurts to mention it at your appt.

For rcs/vbac, I go back and forth a lot. At first I was told my chance of success is probably around 50%. They should be giving me an updated % at my next appt. My first was large for gestational age and after almost 48 hours and 6 hours of pushing we ended up with a Csection.  When I think about possibly laboring that long again and ending up with a csection or uterine rupture, I lean rcs.  When I think about a possible quick recovery and no surgery, I lean vbac.  I was told no matter how low my chance of success they won’t stop me from a vbac.  At the last ultrasound LO was not large for gestational age so the dr was pretty supportive and enthusiastic about a vbac.  I wish I could figure it out because it’s definitely anxiety inducing going back and forth and not knowing what to do.
  • Options
    @Panaceia I get this too! Also fun fact apparently when you’re pregnant your heart rate is 25% faster due to the increased blood in your body. Which I only know because I was checking my blood pressure at my in-laws and my pressure was great but my heart rate was high so of course I had to google it and apparently it’s totally normal! Not sure if that’s what we’re physically feeling but it does kind of make sense that you’d feel your heart working in overdrive because of the increased blood flow! 
  • Options
    Due date/ weeks + days: July 2nd, 27 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a Fennec fox 🦊 

Team Blue! 

Upcoming appointments: I’m going in for my glucose tomorrow morning and then my midwife is on April 11th 

How are you feeling? Tired, sleeping has been rough lately because I’m so achy and crampy in my legs. Also baby boy will turn or kick in a certain way sometimes and it actually makes me almost throw up so that’s been a fun development. 

Rants/Raves: see Monday’s bitchfest thread for my rant of the week. Rave is DD started swimming lessons again today and it was the first level so goes in on her own without me and she did amazing!! I can’t believe it was my kid I was watching she was so brave and did everything the instructor asked. 

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. 

Im not super creative so all I can think right now is I’d love a huge chefs kitchen with a big island and double ovens. And a main floor laundry room! And everything would be self cleaning lol 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2nd / 27 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday for regular OB appointment. Every 2 weeks now! 

How are you feeling?: tired and round ligament pain is acting up a lot. Also, I think I had some Braxton Hicks today 

Rants/Raves:  I’m so annoyed at work! Nobody seems to know the answers to my questions about leave. It’s like nobody has ever had a baby in the summer as a teacher where I work 🙄

Questions: Anybody suffering from insomnia? I’m absolutely exhausted but I cannot sleep for the life of me.  I have maybe gotten like 3 hours of sleep in the past 2 nights. 

We just built our house 2 summers ago! I love it. But if I had to do anything different, I wish we had a slightly bigger kitchen. And a pool would be nice

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 5, 26 weeks +

Baby is the size of a(n): still kale!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: passed my 3 hour! Woot! Also, next OB on the 18th

How are you feeling?: Suddenly mildly better. But the fatigue is BRUTAL.

Rants/Raves:  Work is divided into two camps. First, dealing with the internal drama and it’s been bad. At first i was told I could bring in someone to cover my maternity leave. Now they aren’t sure. Also, I have a contractor on the team and don’t think we can hire her after her contract. Which sucks because she’s amazing. 

Then the external. Which has been amazing. Finally getting started with my next production. Had to ask some big favors of artists and they said yes instantly. Some things really came together. 

Questions: Anyone else get lightheaded after they eat? I wondered if it was GD, but now that I don’t have that.... 

My fantasy home is a lake house. Ideally on Keuka Lake but then miraculously Keuka Lake was close enough to be a weekend trip for us. 

Primary home: needs a pool plus a yard big enough to play. A vegetable garden that doesn’t need weeding. A living room big enough for a piano. Low taxes (because oy, North Jersey!). Master suite. Finished basement. Fancy kitchen!

• Options
    @mama_bear19, are there parameters that make you more comfortable? Scheduling a
    RCS for 41 weeks and seeing if you make it? Or any wait and see option?

I think I’ve shared that I wanted a VBAC. Was a great candidate and found the end of my pregnancy fun as I planned. Practicing breathing, yoga, acupuncture. All that stuff was helpful regardless of outcome. Then when I had a weird NST at 40+3, I was totally not stressed about the rcs. Because ultimately I was fine with either. 

Maybe it’s about finding a way to embrace either rather than choosing one. Seems kind of impossible to decide given you can’t know how you’ll feel in 12-13 weeks. 
  • Options
    @Happyin14 my dr wants a game plan by 30 weeks so it sounds like I need to make some kind of decision.  The mfm dr did mention scheduling a rcs for 40/41 weeks even if I’m trying for a vbac since the chance of success goes down after 40 weeks, but nothing has been scheduled yet.  Sometimes I’m scared to even try a vbac because of the risk of uterine rupture.  One moment I really want a vbac and another moment I’m too scared and think about scheduling a rcs for 39 weeks. The rcs positives are that I’d know what to expect and I wouldn’t have to recover from surgery after laboring.  I know there are risks either way and I’m having a tough time weighing everything.

Congrats on passing the 3 hr!!
  • Options
    I’m late to the party again!
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 27 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): 2-lb bunch of bananas

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):girl

Upcoming Appointments: Friday 

How are you feeling?: Sleepy. I started a job a few weeks ago and I keep waking up super early but not falling asleep until later at night.

Rants/Raves: I had a great weekend—met up with some friends from out of town and lazed around in this great Airbnb in the Texas Hill country. Baby girl was mostly quiet all weekend, but then started again with her kickstorms Monday afternoon. Makes me wonder what kind of personality she’ll have!

Questions: none for me. @keebler6elf I feel you. I took out the big bed that had been in the baby’s room and put in the pack n play, plus bought a little set of drawers and put newborn clothes in it (what little we have), but that is it! I’d love to paint and decorate her room, but I feel like that’s not going to happen until she’s five or something. You are ahead of me on the classes, too!

GTKY: Describe your fantasy home. This does not need to be based in reality. Imagine anything is possible! Hmm! A turret, a balcony, a front porch and back porch. A small yard with a garden and composter. A roof deck. Two car garage. Lots of rooms, enough for a music room, a sitting room, a library, an office, kid playroom, exercise room, and a guest room (on top of the usual master, kid’s room,kitchen, living room). Wood floors. High ceilings that are also somehow energy-efficient. A window seat somewhere. A galley kitchen. Secret passages and hidden rooms 😊 Lots of bathrooms. A tub like the kind they have in Japan: shorter and deeper. And everything would be self-cleaning!

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3rd, 27 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): boy

Upcoming Appointments: Monday I meet again with my nutritionist and diabetes specialist

How are you feeling?: tired

Rants/Raves: I’m really struggling with keeping my blood sugars under control. I’ve been counting carbs and staying below my limit, but my sugars are all over the place. I’m afraid I’ll likely need insulin for the remainder of my pregnancy.

Questions: none

jacuzzi tub, double shower heads, large kitchen, huge closets, movie theater room, secret passageways to game room, full out door kitchen on back deck with a salt water pool including lazy river. 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy Good luck with the quitting! My mom quit with my baby brother - it was hard, but she was cig-free after that!

@jenniferjoy37 I hear you on the dropping stuff. Luckily, my toddler loves to pick stuff up so I just ask her to constantly grab stuff for mommy and she's happy to help lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tsa208 No hospital tour this go around. It’s the same hospital where we had DD, so I’m pretty familiar with it. Way to go on the job offer, and good luck with the house! I hear you on the pregnancy feels like it’s going faster because of a toddler front. I always have to look to see where I’m at! Haha. 
  • Options
    Happyin14 I lived on Keuka Lake! Well, I lived on a 150 acre farm on the hill in Pultney over looking Keuka Lake and went to Keuka College for my BS in Education. 

@tsa208 - thank you :) Morning 3 waking up without cigarettes. So far so good. 
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 It can be crazy trying to decide. From the get go I decided to go the RCS route and just didn't even entertain thoughts of a VBAC despite being a good candidate. I personally had a good experience with my ECS and I feel like the doctors are more in control during a RCS in case there are complications than they might otherwise be during a VBAC that has complications (I am in no way saying this is true, but that's how I rationalize my choice in terms of potential risks:). There is no wrong answer here and I'm sure if you make a decision at 30 weeks they will still let you change your mind closer to the end if you decide at that point you want something different. You're still the boss of you and your medical care. Don't be afraid to change your mind as you get further along! 
  • Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited April 2019
    @tsa That's so exciting about the new job and house etc. I remember when I did my masters degree...I can't imagine having to do it while taking care of a toddler. You are a superhero!

ETA We're not doing a hospital tour. We didn't do one last time either. Or any classes...so maybe I'm the wrong person to give my opinion:)
  • Options
    @Panaceia yes, I think they would let me change my mind, but I think I’ll feel better once I make a decision. Sometimes I want to schedule a rcs at 39 because I also feel like they are more in control in that setting vs a vbac. I think pgal affects how I look at it too in terms of risk of losing the baby.  I read that one of the risks of uterine rupture is that the baby could leave your uterus through prior incision and be stuck in your body. I can’t seem to get that out of my mind. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia I did not do any hospital tours or classes either. DH did not want to do them with our oldest (he had been through it before) and then I ended up with a C-section, so did not bother with the second or with this one. I may go do a tour just so we know where labor and delivery is but might not...
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 That image will now be stuck in my head forever too:) That is crazy!!! Risk of uterine rupture was the main reason for my decision (yes to the PGAL frame of mind) but I didn't read up on it too much in case I go into labour early and end up in a different situation. But now I think I might have to pull out the Google machine...
  • Options
    @tsa208 what subject will you be teaching? Sounds amazing and I'm really happy you got your offer! I know you were anxious about it coming through in time for you to get all of these things completed. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia sorry to send you to google 😬
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy, I bet you at least knew of my great aunt. And maybe my aunt. My Great Aunt lived in Keuka Park, right on the campus essentially until they made her sell the house. She was a big part of the community.