August 2019 Moms

Mental Health check-in w/o 3/27

Whether it’s grief, depression, anxiety, or some complex and overwhelming situation, this thread is for talking it out and getting some support. Use it whenever and however you need it. Answer the questions below, start your own conversation, let US support YOU! (Any and all feedback is appreciated.)

How are you feeling this week? 
Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up?
What are you doing to take care of YOU this week?
What are your goals for the next week?
Questions/comments/concerns?

Re: Mental Health check-in w/o 3/27

• How are you feeling this week? I've been better. I'm feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and I'm crying at the drop of a hat.

Is anything bothering you? Any stressful things happening or coming up? I constantly struggle with feeling like I'm inadequate as a mother. DH is so good with the boys, and it just seems to come naturally to him. I love my boys, but I find entertaining them very stressful. Since he has a flex schedule DH spends a lot more time with them than I do, so I feel guilty complaining, but sometimes it's such a struggle having them both by myself, I keep wondering how in the world I'm going to survive when the next one shows up.

What are you doing to take care of YOU this week? (1) my parents are coming for the weekend, so I'm hoping DS#2 gets over his clingly phase, because if he lets my mom would happily take them in the morning so I can sleep in. (2) I'm going to talk to DH to see if there is a way that we can rearrange our schedules for me to see a therapist. It's something I haven't done in years because I have no idea how to find the time, but I think it's something I need. If he agrees I'll have to do some research to see if my insurance covers it.

What are your goals for the next week? Practice calm parenting - try to be more engaged with the boys when they are playing, and try to remain cool and collected when they are misbehaving.

Questions/comments/concerns? Any other moms who work full time and see someone? How do you make time?
  • @mrosek91 DH is also a much better parent than I am to our girls. They love him a billion times more and would always choose him over me for anything. Of course I love my girls, but it is so discouraging that he get all their love. He's also the fun parent while I have to handle most of the discipline. I also feel guilty complaining about it and have the same worries that you do about handling another kid.

I also dont think this situation is all that uncommon.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm definitely emotional. Have this huge fear that something is still going to go wrong. I wasnt anxious like this with my other two kids, so its new to me. I just think knowing about my heart stuff plus the other 2 kids heart defects has me on edge. And being considered very high risk due to my heart stuff and meds.

Probably not doing much self care this week, as usual. Got 1 sick kid, I still have the flu remnants, and my kidney hurts again. So I just want to lay around and do nothing. But having a full time job, 2 kids, and kid activities prevent that from happening.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Yesterday was bad. Really bad. DH was working all day and I completely lost it with DS1. He has my attitude (well the 13 year old version of my attitude) and sometimes we mix like oil and water. It was so bad I almost asked DH to come home from two states away, but I dropped him off with my
    dad a bit so I could calm down. As my anxiety turned to anger and spiraled out of control I got scared I was hurting the baby, which just fueled more anxiety and fear. After a talk with DH today and a stern suggestion (borderline ultimatum) I’ve decided to start seeing a counselor again, but I’m going to find a new one because I never felt like the last lady really understood what I was going through. Hoping this works. I’m tired of this cycle. 
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 - *Hugs* ... sounds like DS1 needs to cool it and you have a very supportive DH. If you like your new person, I would love to hear what sort of qualifications/specializations I should look for in a counselor. I had horrible PPA with DD1 and I can already feel the rage-monster beginning to emerge. :| 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Today was a really rough day. I cried for like 3 hours. I'm not even sure exactly what is wrong. And I wouldn't even know where to start. I just want everyone in this house to be happy and idk how to get us all there.