Group 3 Check in- July 17 to 24 - Week of March 25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. 

Re: Group 3 Check in- July 17 to 24 - Week of March 25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 17 - 23W 5D

Chinchilla

Green

Upcoming Appointments: 

April 3 OB appointment... April 29 another U/S

How are you feeling?: 

Okay... my inner thigh muscles around adductor and pelvis area has been sore. Which is starting the waddle aka pregnancy swag. I am starting to wonder about SPD (Symphysis public dysfunction) ... I have a weak pelvic floor from a bad delivery first time around... Seeing a chiro and thinking about physio. Oh and for the past week dealing with hemorroids... *groans*

Rants/Raves:  

Happy that spring is finally arriving!!! 

Questions

Anyone else experience SPD? 

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. 

As kids my family called them "Doonies" ... no idea where that came from! Now we just call them soothers or paci's. 

• foodislovefoodislove member
    edited March 2019
    @canuckmomma I'm not sure if what I have is SPD, my docs have never mentioned. But I do have issues with my hip area - I misaligned my right hip first pregnancy, and I'm doing physical therapy right now. If you aren't getting better, I'd get a prescription and go see a phys-therapist. It HELPS so much. I mean, the exercises are awkward with the damn bump, but it is honestly helping and I'm in so much less pain in general and my hips are still in place.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23, scheduled c-sec July 18 || 23weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Bunch of grapes

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: April 2nd checkup and May 1st glucose (with a million physical therapy in between)

How are you feeling?: Pregnancy wise, not bad. I'm having a lot of Braxton Hicks which is uncomfortable, and I don't know if it's related to all the physical therapy I've been doing for my hip. My hip is slowly getting better but I overdid my walking on Sunday (we went to the zoo! SO NICE) and omg my hip hurt for hours after therapy yesterday, the paaaaaaaaaaain. 

Rants/Raves: Rave that I have our house back to ourselves for two weeks. We've had family here constantly pretty much for the last five weeks. The ability to relax and tidy my way and just get stuff back to normal is so nice. M is missing his grandmas, but mommy is pleased as punch.

Questions: Anyone else still crazy tired this late in the game? I'm napping pretty much 1-3x a week for a good couple of hours. 

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Paci.

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24, 22wk6

Baby is the size of a(n): Red Bell Pepper... 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Repeat AS on 4/1 and then regular OB on 4/3

How are you feeling?: Bitchy as hell this morning, every thing and everyone is pissing me off. Pregnancy wise I feel ok, still have some RLP that I deal with if I do too much walking. Also have some sort of pain in my heel now, not sure what that is from, think I need to get some new walking shoes. 

Rants/Raves: Rant is that I'm feeling all the pressure of getting the house ready for the baby which is stressing me out and my husband just wants to get it all done but he doesn't understand that its not that easy. Things need to happen in a certain order to get all the projects done.  

Questions: How is everyone coming along with picking a name? I feel like I'm not anywhere close to picking a name, husband and I can't agree on names.. our last name starts with an M and he does not want her first name to start with an M.. which is a bummer because I find a few cute M names I like! 

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. Since this will be our first, I assume we'd call it a paci? A few friends kids called them binkies. 

• @canuckmomma I hope you are able to find some assistance with your sore muscles.  I don't have any advice, but hope you can find some relief.

@foodislove I'm napping more than i thought I would be at this stage.  For me it's because i'm not getting good sleep at night.  But the last few days I've been trying to take my dog out for a walk instead of nap and I think the fresh air is helping me sleep better.  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th // 23+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments:  Thursday, 2nd Glucose & NP check in.  

How are you feeling?:  So much better than last week.  I feel pretty big--but i know i'm going to get so much bigger so i'm trying to keep that in perspective.  I think i'm in denial with regards to how big this belly is going to be.  

Rants/Raves:  Basement remodel is getting close to being completed and roommate (cousin) is moving out soon.  Can't wait to actually start moving things where they belong!

Questions: Anyone else having problems eating enough? I'm starting to worry that i'm not getting enough vitamins and nutrients for LO. How much do you all think about plan for getting the right nutrients? or do you just eat what you and not worry about it?

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. We don't know yet! I'll be curious what we decide on.  I think some friends around here call it a nook? maybe it's a midwest thing? We call water bottles "sippies" and it's just MH and I...

• @jennm0724 So sorry about the rush to get everything ready for the nursery, I know the feeling. As far as names go, we picked one out a lot faster this time, but again mostly because we couldn't agree on more than one name - it was a long issue with M. DH and I are both super picky, and I feel better having a name ready to go, so the minute it seemed like it was gonna be an issue again, I just went with one DH said he really loved that I liked it too. Pretty happy with Ryan though!

@blackhottamales I'm trying to be balanced and eat good portions, and remember my prenatal, but I'm not worrying about it too much. Enough stress on our bodies as is. As long as you don't have brittle nails, bad skin, hair falling out, you are probably doing fine. 
  • @canuckmomma hope you get some relief from at the chiro, that doesn't sound pleasant! 

@foodislove I feel tired, but never tired enough to nap. I don't sleep through the night, I'm up every few hours tossing and turning or going pee. 
    I think since we are first timers we're putting a lot of stress on a name, I know it will come in time. 

@blackhottamales my problem is eating too much! I just can't stop, I really have to tell my self PORTION CONTROL...  I also feel guilty that I'm not eating enough fruit or veggies, I try my hardest to hit my protein goal for the day. I take my vitamins and figure I am doing enough that she will be ok... 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 23w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding Out ... 5 more days! eeeeek!

Upcoming Appointments: April 5 - Glucose Test, April 16 - midwife appt

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty normal. Had insomnia past 2 nights after i woke up around 4am to pee. :( And of course this week i had a longer commute to work because i was onsite. Surprisingly i didn't feel as tired as i thought i would be. By the end of the day i feel big. 

Rants/Raves:  Counting down the days to our gender reveal! We had a 3D ultrasound done this past sunday and it was so nice. Baby was so active but hiding it's cute little face most of the time. Hard to believe that's likely the last time we'll see the babe until it makes it's appearance in the real world. 

Questions: None.

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. With my first, i just called it a paci. Likely will call it that again with this one. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18. 23+5

Grapefruit 

Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Thursday 

How are you feeling?:

The past week has been the best I have felt. I’m sleeping without heartburn and insomnia so I’ll take it 

Rants/Raves:  Weight gain is still bothering me and I’m trying to just enjoy this last pregnancy. I have already gained the same amount I gained with my 2nd for her whole pregnancy. 

Questions: 

Has anyone looked into tubes tied or removed? I’m having a RCS and have been thinking about having them removed since we’re sure we’re done 

Paci

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jennm0724 have you guys tried an app to help you? We did an app that gave us names and if we swiped that we both liked it, it would match it up for us 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 / 23+6 (Viability tomorrow!) 

Large Popcorn

PINK!  <3

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Friday/Saturday is our first Childbirth Prep class. I'm anxious! Should be fun! I'm so worried about DH. 
    April 3 - next OB appt with my fav nurse! 

How are you feeling?:  I'm feeling pretty good. Lots of RLP if I work too hard. But overall, it isn't too bad. We worked on our bathroom over the weekend, so that was fun and tiring. Still more to do with it, but it'll probably be towards the end of April that is completed. There are still a LOT of steps. I tore up my hands this weekend, so typing and using my computer is hard as my first three digits on my right (dominant) hand are in band-aids.  

Anxiety has been a little bit better this week. Still dealing with telling my (deceased) mom's side of the family about my pregnancy. I don't really talk to them a whole lot. I mostly just Snapchat with the one cousin that I really do like. So wondering if I just burst out on there and be like, "Surprise!! Can you tell your mom for me?" And then I don't know how to tell my older sister. We barely exchange texts like 3 times a year, so I don't know what to do there. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rant: DQ is an absolute rip-off. The same size ice cream treat at McDonald's is half the price and WAY better, more toppings. Or I could go to Sonic and get the treat there WAY better and cheaper. Also, when you crave a McDonalds McFlurry, just go get the dang McFlurry. Nothing else is a valid substitute. Just... trust your cravings. They won't be satiated if you don't get it right! 

Questions: 
    @annewheeler2 I've looked into tubal ligation. Really would prefer that my husband get a vasectomy instead. It isn't as traumatic of an event (surgery vs outpatient procedure). Plus I figure, I can go through making the human, you can do this one small thing. But he is NOT having it. I'm hoping that we can talk about it more and he can come around to the idea. But we are also going to give it a couple of years to make sure that we are done. We have always OAD, but I don't want to do something huge before we've really understood it. I'm thinking I might do an IUD in that time period as prevention and then around age 37 get the ligation or vasectomy. That gives us 3 years to think about it. 

@blackhottamales I'm choosing not to worry about what I am eating. My doctor said that fetuses are resilient little buggers who take exactly what they think they need to get the job done. I'm still taking my prenatal and that should really do the trick for the most part. Also, I tend to eat a pretty balanced diet as far as fruit, veggies, dairy, etc. enough that I'm not worried about it. 

@jennm0724 We've all but finalized our decision. We have it narrowed down to a name that we like, but we are not committing to it just in case we change our minds. So we are not going to reveal the name until I squeeze her out. 

@foodislove Still exhausted constantly. I've been taking naps a few times a week. And then I also have a lie-down time where I just lay down and rest from about 4pm-5:30pm (sometimes 6). I veg out and play video games on my phone or watch YouTube or both. I do that pretty much every day. 

MY QUESTION: What are you doing to keep track of all the things that you need to do for Nesting, etc.? 
    I made a Trello board to keep track of all the things that I want to have done in and around my house before she gets here. I've planned out my hair appointments through June. I already have the cleaning service set up to come the week before my EDD. I'm with Jenn that there is SO MUCH that I need to do around here and an order to do it, so wondering what kind of organization tools everyone is using. 

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nickname for them. 
    FFC: I'd probably call them garbage... I do not plan to use a pacifier. My husband and I both never used one ourselves, my little sister never had one. Just not part of our family customs. 

• @mixitupmel 5 days! How exciting! 

@annewheeler2 yes, we tried the app....only one match and we both don’t love it 😂😂😂 I bought some books but they all start to seem like the same names 

@hakele what about mailing some sort of pregnancy announcement card? That way you don’t have to really talk to them? 
    I went to McDonald’s the other night and got a hot fudge sundae, it hit the spot! I was tempted for the McFlurry but passed on it. I want to have like 2 names ready for when she comes and we’ll decide then. 
    To answer your question I’m just using good old pen and paper for my list. 
  • I feel much better after hearing many of your responses, Thanks! I have a pregnant friend who is watching all the protein and calcium and making sure she's getting the "right" amounts of everything.  I'm not tracking anything, I'm trying to continue to eat healthy but I have nights like the other night where i ate a ton of graham crackers and cuties and that was dinner. 
  • @blackhottamales I try to track what I'm eating in My Fitness Pal, just so I can get an idea of calorie count since I've already put on 20lbs. I have no idea what calorie target I should be hitting along with whatever sort of calcium and other things. Graham crackers for dinner sounds like my kind of night! I've been having those as my dessert each night with a glass of milk. 

• @blackhottamales and @jennm0724 my dessert has been those chocolate cheap-o animal crackers. SO good. 

I'm just keeping track of what I eat each day to get an idea of how much added-sugar I'm consuming since I was told to watch it. I have a MAMBI Happy Planner Fitness Planner that I am using to keep a general track. I fell off the wagon last 2 weeks, but I'm back at it today. It just helps because I'm like... oh man, do I really want to have to put that in writing! But that is only to track how much added-sugar I'm having. That is all I worry about actually counting. 

My best advice is: be kind to yourself and if you are going to splurge, slow down and enjoy that shit! 

@jennm0724 I thought about that and am thinking I will do so after Hawaii. Our resort fee includes a photo session so I think I will take a picture from there and use it to send out a little announcement. I'm not sure if I have an address for my older sister.  :#  I just don't want to start shit back up. 
  • @jennm0724 we have had our boy name picked out long before i got pregnant, was just one we both were completely in love with. as for the girl name, that one was a little harder to come up with but we have one ready to go, but i am still trying to suggest MY favourite in hopes he will come around lol. 

@annewheeler2 we asked our midwife about tubes tied vs vasectomy and pretty much after that discussion i said to my husband, looks like he's getting snipped bc i'm not trying to go in for surgery after birthing his baby. :P he didn't say yes, but he wasn't completely opposed to it either. i've also said that a bunch of our friends hubbies are getting it done as well ... it's the least you can do lol. ;) 

@hakele i just recently looked at something and it said only 17 weeks left and that kinda made me really think oh crap! don't really have an app to keep track of things, but i do love me anything related to organizing lol. in terms of what i know has to be done, need to get the room painted, buy the crib/set it up, need to prebook my hair and lash appts up to and as close to the date as possible, and also get a cleaner for the first little bit. 

• @mixitupmel @hakele I’m already having a csection so my thought was since they are already in there and I’ll have the same recovery it would save is another medical bill. I just need to look more into tubes tied vs being removed. He said he will get snipped but we already have so many medical bills I was trying to avoid that. I need to call and get prices on everything too because that will help us decide 

• @annewheeler2 I just went on my cost estimator and it showed a tubal ligation was free. So I went and looked deeper and under ACA most insurance cover the ligation for free. So, an interesting twist! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/24 - 23 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: just had part 2 of the AS on Monday, not seeing my obgyn until 4/11

How are you feeling?: Not bad, tired & SO HUNGRY lately. but we just got back from vacation so thinking the constant eating for 2 weeks could be the culprit.

Rants/Raves: got an unexpected raise at work! On the rant side...hubby just started a new job, which I’m excited about, but I’m on his insurance so this is definitely going to be a cluster.

Questions: hmmm....none off the top of my head!

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. I always called it a binky growing up! Def what my mom refers to them as. DH thinks it’s silly 😜 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20th - 23+5

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): baby girl!

Upcoming Appointments: regular OB appointment April 1st

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise fine. I’ve come down with a cold/sore throat and not loving not being able to take medication for it so I’m a bit miserable

Rants/Raves:  waiting for people to stop telling me I don’t look pregnant. Yes I’m sure the baby’s in there...

Questions: any safe home remedies for sore throats while pregnant? Also, I know this has been asked elsewhere but I can’t find it - at what point do we have to start going to the OB every 2 weeks rather than once a month? I’m trying to book my work schedule haha

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family? We’ve always called them soothers

• @finnflan tea with a ton of lemon juice and honey. I also sparingly used chloraseptic spray when the pain was unbearable. Hope you feel better soon. Sucks being sick while pregnant!!
  • @annewheeler2 I haven't looked into it, will probably look into options after baby #2. Of course my husband has been told by all his buddies that getting the snip is painful, so he doesn't want to do it. I don't think I want to get my tubes tied, so we'll have to see what happens when we get down that road. 

@catebn824 I've been having days of being starving, then days when I'm not as hungry. I tend to feel the most hungry after I've had lunch LOL! 

@finnflan I second what @Cbeanz says, lemon, tea and honey.. also gargle with warm salt water. keep your throat as moist as you can. Hope you feel better soon!! being sick is miserable, especially when we can't just take what were used to doing! 

• @hakele the pic from Hawaii sounds like a great idea. Can you just mail it to the last known address and hope it gets forwarded? Or a google search might pop up their new address ;) ( we keep getting the previous tenants mail and I googled their name and found their new address LOL) 

• I lost 1.5 pounds since my last appointment.  Probably just the difference in what i was wearing.  My nurse wasn't concerned (again, i started with a higher BMI so that's why I think it's ok) she said basically what you all said, as long as i'm eating and making good decisions and not puking; LO should be fine.  In fact had an impromptu ultrasound today and baby is measuring right on track.  Also passed my 2nd GD test today so yay!

@hakele I think the pic from Hawaii is a great option.  Google is amazing or if you know their county most property records are public so you could search that way if they traditionally own a home.  
  • hakele said:
    @annewheeler2 I just went on my cost estimator and it showed a tubal ligation was free. So I went and looked deeper and under ACA most insurance cover the ligation for free. So, an interesting twist! 
    Pun intended?? Lol!
  • @blackhottamales yay for getting a unexpected peak at LO! And YAY for passing your GD test! 

• @Cbeanz Hahaha. So not intentional! But that was a good one. 
  • So late to the game this week! It's been pure chaos over here...
    @foodislove I'm still so exhausted and barely making it through a day!! Who knows if it's the pregnancy or the one year old still not sleeping through the night, but either way :tired_face:
    @jennm0724 we have not narrowed down names at all yet either. Same as you, we have very different taste in names. I have no clue how our first two got named haha! 
    @hakele hey never say never... I was adamant that there would be no pacifiers in our house either but DS1 was/is a sucker so it was either my nips or the binky lol! Now he's sneaking up on 3 and still binky obsessed.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23 / 23+3 / Induction around July 2nd

Baby is the size of a(n): Barbie doll

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green!

Upcoming Appointments: Had a prenatal appt earlier this week that was just status quo; MFM appt and ultrasound next Tuesday! So excited to see this little nugget again.

How are you feeling?: I survived the stomach bug last week and am feeling good! Increased heartburn and struggling to get up and down from the floor lol but otherwise can't complain!

Rants/Raves: The stomach bug ravaged our house last week. My youngest who is only 13 months ended up with emergency intestinal surgery. I am finally starting to feel better about it all. I've been an emotional wreck!! My 2.5 year old didn't handle us being gone very well either and has been behaviorally challenging this week. I'm trying to be as gentle as possible with him while not losing my mind. All of this has had me really stressed out about having a third. I honestly think I'm going to need some anxiety medication after this baby is born (I did have anxiety in the past). On the positive side, it is slowly starting to feel and look like spring and I could not be happier about that!!!

Questions: Is anyone else currently on or planning to be on anxiety meds? I'm going to wait it out some but really considering I may need this at some point.

GTKY: What do you call a Pacifier in your house/family?! Seems like everyone has a different nick name for them. My hubby called it a binky with DS1 and the name stuck for me. DS1 couldn't say binky so calls it his "b" most of the time and so do the rest of us lol!