September 2019 Moms
Options

All things Nursery!

We are getting closer and closer to the nesting stage now (holy carp!).

Post pics and questions related to your LO’s nursery here - inspiration and reality welcome!!

Re: All things Nursery!

• Options
    haha!  I think our second will be getting the crib and dresser from our daughters room and then we will be buying a 'big girl' bedroom set for the first one.   She is already in a toddler bed and we are planning on transitioning her to a full mattress in a few months. All dependent on our moving before the new baby.  If we don't, then the new baby won't get anything and will just stay in our room indefinitly

• Options
    I have a four year old and we are getting her a twin loft bed and the new baby will get her old nursery set. My daughter is very excited for a “big girl” bed and it helps her be excited for the new addition. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to laugh at your pic. We do a little Montessori so the 2nd one is actually closer to the truth.  :D.
  • Options
    My second daughter is currently in a white convertible crib which will go to baby boy. My second daughter will get my nieces daybed/trundle in August. We will be doing a switch with some furniture. Baby boy will get my second daughter’s crib, dresser and I have the glider in her room and my daughter will get the guest room furniture (accent chair, dressers, etc). My oldest daughter has twin beds in her room and save our queen mattress (in the guest room) for her when boy transitions out of crib (they will trade furniture at that point)

The theme for the nursery is Pirate. This is the blanket I bought. Every kids room has an accent wall. So his will be an ocean blue that matches which I have already found, Sherwin Williams Jamaica Bay. My husband liked the name haha pirates of the Caribbean feel I think he is thinking lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are losing our play room for this nursery and it is seriously half the size of our other 2 bedrooms! I mean get a look at this closet. I need some innovative storage solutions big time! (Closet shot is from before we painted) Also, I can’t wait to get rid of the bright orange! I let DH pick one paint color. Never again 😂
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 when I first opened the thread, only the top half of your pic was open, and I was all 'oh, its a fine closet! We don't even have a closet in LO's room!' and then I scrolled down, and said closet became just a leprechaun hideout   :D Good thing baby clothes are short!! 
  • Options
    We live in a quad level and our 4th bedroom is on the subfloor underneath the master bedroom.  I am not ready for my 7 yr old to be down there by himself (he probably isn't either). So him and his sister will share a room for a bit, they do anyway right now.  The baby will get a crib in my daughters room and eventually we will just have the girls bunked up. All that to say that this will be the bare bones planning for baby. Poor 3rd child.
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 At first glance I thought the closet was the new nursery...thought to myself...well it does look a little snug, but baby will be nice and cozy!

@janat1717 We’ll have the mattress on the floor for a few months before DS gets used to sleeping on a big bed without walls. 😂 DH jokes that it’ll look like a prison cell with a mattress on the floor and a little table in the corner. 🤣
  • Options
    @nomangos23 so rustic and beautiful! 
  • Options
    In true gypping the second kid style, DS is moving to a new room and getting a new mural and theme (inspiration picture below) while DS2 is inheriting DS's nursery as-is. :)  The nursery has a forest mural on one wall, complete with a bear, fox and owl.  :)  For the ocean mural, the wall is a true blue (not turquoise) and we're limiting the critters to the orca, a dolphin or two, a sea turtle and some brightly colored fish.  No scary sharks and no ocean debris (shipwreck/bottom of ocean).  The other three walls will be a light blue.

Image result for ocean mural
  • Options
    I'm going with a vintage floral theme. I wanted it to be feminine without being over the top girly so I'll be doing lighter blush and pink tones (or mint, not 100% sure yet) and pops of gold. 

Kinsleys Nursery Reveal - Bring Your Own Beauty

I am seriously so in love with this nursery Our flowers are a gorgeous addition giving it an elegant and girly feel Have you placed your order yet

Pink and gold floral girls nursery nurserydecor nurseryideas

Gorgeous watercolor florals in small and large sizes  watercolor floral alphabet Download includes entire alphabet and bouquets in size 5x7 8x10 11x14 or 16x20 Available for INSTANT download or as prints mailed to your door Makes for gorgeous nursery office or home decor

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @zuuls_mom I’m swooning 😍 If I have a girl I plan on something similar 
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom in LOVE with all your pics!! Swoon.
  • Options
    septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited March 2019
    So excited for this thread! I’ve been lurking other boards looking at nurseries. We are in the process of buying a new house so we won’t be anywhere near working on our daughter’s nursery for a while but I love browsing. I think we are going with a floral theme. I love the paper flowers and name idea in these pic! @zuuls_mom we have very similar taste— that’s what I’m thinking for my dd’s room too. We didn’t go over the top boyish for our son’s room either. It’s mint and gray. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland your thread pic choice gave me a much needed laugh yesterday!
    @duewithpu2 I'm chuckling at that orange! I bet it would have been an awesome accent color, though.
    I love seeing the ideas here. We're still figuring it out. Our guest room is the natural choice for the nursery so we'll probably reorganize that room for her, though we don't want to take out the guest bed - but then she'll need somewhere else to sleep when we have guests. Our original plan was she would use DS's crib and we'd transition him to a floor mattress but we're starting to think we'll get her her own crib, since we're not over eager to pull him out of his as long as he's happy in there and not climbing out.
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom and @septoctkids those paper flowers are lovely and I may have to use the idea for my 3 yo daughter. Baby will be with us for the first little while then transition into sharing with Dd. We only have two bedrooms so we’ll see how it goes. Some major organization and purging has to happen soon!
  • Options
    This is where we are at with our nursery... just painted the walls so far. Kept is classy and neutral. I think the plan right now is to do something with vintage guitars and amps. My DH is a musician so it fits us well. I worry slightly that it may be too much if we have a girl though. Thoughts?

Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @kaceyallan would you still do vintage guitars and amps theme for a girl? 
  • Options
    @duewithpu2 Yes, because we are team green. But I don't want it to feel too masculine in the event we do have a girl. But I am not sure if it can be done.  :/
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @kaceyallan ahhh gotcha! Maybe since you have one dark wall already, keep everything else very neutral and light. You can always add girly touches later if you end up with a girl. 
  • Options
    duewithpu2 Yes! The plan is to keep it light for sure! We do have 2 windows which will be nice for light during the day. And I did see those images on Pinterest! Some good ideas! Thank you for the input!  <3
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    @kaceyallan I love your nursery idea! It feels fresh and unique. I also think @duewithpu2 inspiration pictures are great. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
  • Options
    @kaceyallan I see nothing wrong with your theme for a girl! Keep your colors neutral and when baby boy/girl arrives you can always buy a little pillow or whatever with a more boyish or girlish color!!
  • Options
    We are reusing the crib and changing table from our older kiddos. They are a dark color... espresso-ish. We are also reusing the decor because it's neutral and we have a decent amount of money invested. The theme is forest animals and is so cute.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of maybe doing a Harry Potter theme, but not in an obnoxious way. I don't want it to be over the top. I want people who don't know Harry Potter to still think it's cute. I'm also afraid that if I shove it down my child's face they'll end up hating it and that would make me very sad. I haven't decided 100% yet but these are some things I had in mind.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @lillywonderland That's so cute! I'm sure we'll get more than a few HP shirts for LO lol. I also plan on reading to DS all the time. I have the illustrated HP books and can't wait to start reading them to DS!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 I love that idea! I have seen some very cute HP nursery things on Pinterest! My friend got us a super cute HP onesie for DS 

• Options
    I think I found my crib! I’m thinking vintage floral for a girl and just vintage masculine in general but no set theme for boy 

I have a 15 week HD scan to find out gender Monday, so prepare to be flooded after that 😂 

• Options
    I can't even with these HP pictures!  I want to change my entire theme now!!!  That lamp!!!  I want it for MY room!  
  • Options
    I'm dying over these HP theme pics!! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @duewithpu2 that crib is beautiful! Im obsessed! 

I haven't started thinking about a nursery design yet. Hopefully, I can start searching this weekend!