April 2019 Moms

36.3 weeks stomach hardening

every time I stand up my stomach gets really hard and feels really heavy...my daughter is almost 5 so it’s been awhile since I’ve been through this and can’t remember what causes it or what helps. I have my belly band on and it doesn’t help.

Re: 36.3 weeks stomach hardening

• It sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions to me.  I also have this happening.
  • I agree with @saucentoss. That’s what my Braxton Hicks are like when I have them. I usually get them when I’m over exerting myself, but dehydration and various other things can set them off as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • That’s what I was thinking and hoping for. I have a history of pre term labor and have been on bed rest for months now but out of nowhere I woke up feeling an extreme urge to nest so that’s what I’ve been doing all day.
  • Braxton Hicks. Mine started a while ago. Don’t worry about them unless they stop becoming positional and cause some cramping or are regular and longer than 1min 
  • Why worry if they are longer than a minute? Mine last for 2 somewhat regularly.
  • Why worry if they are longer than a minute? Mine last for 2 somewhat regularly.
  • And that will teach me to use the app on my phone in poor wifi situations.

• When I’ve described something similar (relentless tightening that goes away with time, not exactly painful), my OB labeled it Braxton Hicks. I think it can take a variety of forms. 

Real labor was much much more measurable.
  • My braxtons are like that - at first I wouldn't have noticed them or thought they were the baby. Now they get pretty hard and happen pretty often but my doctor said he isn't worried unless they become painful. Right now they are just annoying. 
    Sorry, don’t count them, as in if you are having 6+ an hr but some aren’t at least a minute long they don’t count. When trying to decide if preterm labor is a risk.

at this point mine last nearly the whole time I walk somewhere. 
  • Mine are the same way. My stomach is constantly rock hard when I’m on my feet and it makes it so unbearable to be up and moving.
  • @kbirchtree  Ah I see the worry is if it's preterm labor.  Yeah with my BH I didn't worry about that because they never happened frequently enough.  I was just wondering if the length was worrisome for other reasons.  And now I just am keeping my fingers crossed that they are helping me get ready since I am full term.