Group 2 Check-In (Due 7/9-7/16) Week of 3/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:  

Questions:

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest?

Re: Group 2 Check-In (Due 7/9-7/16) Week of 3/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24 weeks. July 15 

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): pink 

Upcoming Appointments: April 9/glucose test 

How are you feeling?: tired, nauseous at night  

Rants/Raves:  celebrating one year of starting my weight loss journey tomorrow  lost 70 pounds in 7 months and it’s really helped with maintaining/eating healthy/working during this pregnancy.. 

Questions:

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? White noise machine, big swaddles, diapers. Or a rock n play! 

• msimimsimi member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16; 23+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Barbie doll

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Group midwife appointment on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Still really good overall. She's been moving a ton which has been really cool

Rants/Raves: Finally got baby shower dates locked down which is a relief. Navigating my family/in-laws is always a weird dynamic. The only bummer is it looks like my older sister won't be able to make it out to the West Coast for a shower after all :'(

Questions: Anyone have a good diplomatic way to turn down baby stuff that you don't want? I'm talking more about hand-me-downs than actual gifts.

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I usually buy a set of whatever bottles they've registered for and an outfit for the baby. I figure it's a good blend of practical/fun.

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24 weeks, 6 days / Due July 10th 

Baby is the size of a(n): Atlantic Puffin 🐧

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Team Pink! 🎀 still shocked 

Upcoming Appointments: April 19th, growth ultrasound due to marginal cord insertion, and Gestational Diabetes test 

How are you feeling?: today I got out and walked about 1.5 mi at a public park with DH & DS - that made me feel a lot better back-wise. But more tired 😴 other than that, I just feel huge already! 

Rants/Raves:  Rant... I’m constantly annoyed by everything. Lol. Rave... the weather was beautiful today! Much needed mood booster!

Questions: I can’t think of any atm. 

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest?

Now that I’m a mom, I’ve been doing little baskets of essential items that no body else enjoys buying but I know mama will need. The baskets can be repurposed for the nursery too. My last shower gift was a blue fabric basket with tassels, and inside contained a bunch of stuff... Vaseline, nipple cream, wipes, diapers, bottle brushes, a bunch of random little trinkets. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week check up this morning. Nice and quick! Go back in 4 weeks for glucose test and growth scan

How are you feeling?: great! 

Rants/Raves:  Had a shower with just family this weekend and it was beautiful! So thankful! 

Questions: nope

Usually diapers and wipes 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 23w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): blue

Upcoming Appointments: 4/1

How are you feeling?: Tired but ok

Rants/Raves: I fell out of bed Saturday night and landed on my hip on the floor :(  Everything seems to be ok but I was kinda shocked when it happened in the middle of the night. My sister's due date is only two days away now and we are all anxiously awaiting baby!!

Questions: None

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? Don't have one, just depends on the person.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 24 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Not until April 10. Just a regular check up.

How are you feeling?: Getting a cold, so kind of bleh today😷

Rants/Raves: My rant is drs who make you think the worst when there isn't a problem🙄 I guess they have to cover their backs but still... my sister in law was all worked up because they couldn't hear a heartbeat at 12 weeks. I was told that it sometimes is hard to find with just a doppler that early. But the dr was blowing things way out of proportion! Everything ended up being fine (praise God!) but I told her if that kind of thing continues,  then she needs to find a new dr!

Questions: What is your go-to remedy for colds when pregnant? I've been taking my homemade elderberry syrup and diffusing thieves oil in my house.

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I never stick to the same things lol! I like to get something off the registry if I can. Or just put together things that I've found helpful. 

• @kingdommom How weird of that doctor to be like that to your Sister. Mine couldn't be found on doppler at 12 weeks, so they went and grabbed the Ultrasound instead. I'd be on the hunt for someone new if they were making things really crazy dramatic. Ugh. 
  • acgxacgx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25+0, July 9th

Baby is the size of a(n): prairie dog

Upcoming Appointments: not for 2 more weeks - but I do have a mani/pedi appointment today that I'm pretty excited about to bridge the appointment gap  :D

How are you feeling?: Getting more sore from a musculoskeletal standpoint. Hips, pubic symphysis, sternum. Definitely a little slower getting up and rolling over!

Rants/Raves:  We're on vacation from today through Sunday! I'm so excited, a lot of which is because I can sleep later. We're going to Austin to watch the NCAA swimming championships (and visit the city - I've never been before). My cousin is a really good swimmer and is likely to win several events, so it should be a really fun week!

Questions: Any Austin tourist tips?? 

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I always get at least one thing that's "useful" off their registry that they really need and at least one thing that's "fun" or cute.

• acgxacgx member
    @msimi I struggle with that too. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I just blatantly lie and say I already have x item. But I have gotten better at saying, "Oh my goodness, thank you so much, but x is something we decided to buy new."

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 / 24W

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): blue!

Upcoming Appointments: had a growth ultrasound yesterday - all still healthy and proportionate, but went from 21st percentile to 14th. Dr says there’s nothing to worry about and when they’re this small it doesn’t take much to have a change in percentiles! Doing my best not to worry during the next 4 weeks until our next growth U/S. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Marie kondo-ing our whole house right now - our bedroom, kitchen and all bathrooms are done! 

Rants/Raves:  Rant- somewhat always annoyed (I hear you @mamahmh2 ) Rave- spring is starting to show itself a little!

Questions: all you others with growth ultrasound - are you worried at all? FTM and was a little caught off guard that his growth slowed a little. Will be referred to fetal maternal medicine if he gets to 10th percentile or lower (dr doesn’t seem too worried that we will get there - but clearly I am!) I just feel so helpless since I can’t do anything to make him grow more!

I really go off registries too! Try to mix in fun and practical like others have said. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): Like a  kitten? I'm terrible at this game. 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Not til mid April again, but I need to get in for my diabetes test before then

How are you feeling?: Achy sometimes but overall pretty good. More positive than I've been in a while, seems that house stuff will all work out and that's a HUGE load off.  Of course I've managed to transfer that some of that stress to pre-school/daycare choices instead, but oh well. 

Rants/Raves:  The weather!! Thank goodness. There will still be rainy days, but at least they're off set by some sun. We also finally booked baby moon weekend for June - a little last minute - but I'm excited to have it done. 

Questions: Am I insane for considering a family camp session with friends August 9-11? I mean, probably I am, but maybe it wouldn't be sooooo bad???? 

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I usually go something off the registry and something I found particularly useful. So like maybe a sound machine plus the nose frida. We're more into second babies in my group though - close friends get a massage or nail gift certificate, maybe fancy pajamas. 

@msimi Depends on the offering - if it's a bigger item like a  crib, bassinet, etc and I don't want it I'll be like - we've got a grandparent set on gifting that to us, or something like that.  When it comes to clothes which has been more our experience I'm like, ok, I'll take this whole box, but are you wanting these back or can I pass them on? Then you're free to keep a few cute things and donate the rest. 

• @caseykap I have to do growth US every month, but so far everything's been on track so I'm not worried. My sister's baby has always measured small and at one point was in the 7th percentile but she bounced back up eventually. She started eating a ton of protein to help with growth, not sure if that had an impact or not.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12, 24w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Philly cheesesteak

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Green

Upcoming Appointments: April 15, OB appointment and Glucose test.

How are you feeling?: Really, really tired, but not awful.

Rants/Raves: Pelvic rest is for the birds. I literally got put on it the same week the 2nd tri libido bump hit. As my OB said, if this is the worst thing we run into, that'd be GREAT, but that doesn't mean it's fun...

Questions:

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? For various reasons, we've sort of gotten in the habit of being those totally uncool people who, depending on the $$$, buy the couple's whole first aid/safety section... Other than that if there's something particularly cute, I buy that.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @caseykap I hope your scans continue to go well. Their growth really can vary so much from week to week, depending on when they hit growth spurts. Glad to hear your dr is happy with his growth! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 24+1

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): pink!

Upcoming Appointments: three weeks out still

How are you feeling?: I have been very stressed and emotional.  Woke up in the middle of the night last night worried about work and life. Couldn't go back to sleep for 2 hours! But I got a big win today which has really helped me out. Hopefully I can get more things checkee off the list and enjoy life a little more.

Rants/Raves:  +1 to better weather!

Questions:

Only been to one baby shower ever, so no go-tos here. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 25w
    Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower, prairie dog

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): blue

Upcoming Appointments: today. I had my glucose test

How are you feeling?: fine besides hip pain. 

Rants/Raves:  dh is on a work trip and I've been feeling sad and lonely. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest?

Diapers, an outfit, and blanket. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 (24w/7d)
    Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe
    Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Green!
    Upcoming Appointments: 4/10 Glucose Test
    How are you feeling?: Good physically. Mentally- dealing with confidence/body changes.
    Rants/Raves: Feeling guilty about not “loving” this process more. The body changes are rough for me. 
    Questions: Is there anything you can do to be proactive about getting better glucose test results? When do you pick a pediatrician?
    GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? Bouncer Chair
  • @ironcat2300 I don’t think there’s much you can do in terms of your glucose test. 

I woukd start asking friends and family for any pediatrician recommendations, so you can call around and ask any questions you might have. Some offices also don’t except new patients all of the time, so best to find out ahead of time 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 (24w/7d)

Baby is the size of a(n): Canteloup with a hand the size of a Lego figure

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Pink💖

Upcoming Appointments: just passed my glucose test yesterday. Have to reckeck an iron panel in 3 weeks

How are you feeling?: I am nesting/spring cleaning like crazy! Making to do lists and trying to get as much done as humanly possible before I feel too big to move. Anyone else feeling that second trimester time frame closing causing them anxiety too?

Rants/Raves: *Rave: oh I love feeling this baby girl moving all about! So darn strong but seriously wish she would get off my bladder. *Rant: seriously I am feeling like a whale already! I've almost gained as much as my first pregnancy. 

Questions: my hgb has dropped and they want to do several iron transfusions, my doc is giving me 3 weeks to boost it or I will have to have them. Anyone else being told they need iron transfusions?

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I always buy people a Nose Frida and a book instead of a card

• @Niesen27 I’ve had low iron with my previous two pregnancies and my dr always had me add in an extra iron supplement. They never mentioned a transfusion, but maybe yours is just extra low? With my second pregnancy they had me taking iron twice a day on top of my pre natal vitamin, but they said that would be more than enough and never re checked my levels. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10 25wks

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink): Blue!!

Upcoming Appointments: not until April 10th.

How are you feeling?: very large, uncomfortable, and tired. I thought my energy was finally coming back after the 1st tri exhaustion but I was so wrong. Also RLP and sciatica have hit me like a ton of bricks. BH are starting too. The next 15wks are going to be fun... 😕

Rants/Raves: H's job sucks. He's basically been gone for the last 3wks. He had less than 12hrs home between jobs this last time. I'm sooo ready for him to be home. 

Questions:

GTKY (stolen from August '19): What is your go-to baby shower gift when you're a guest? I always try to get one thing off their registry and then throw in some muslin swaddle blankets. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @Niesen27 I’ve had low iron with my previous two pregnancies and my dr always had me add in an extra iron supplement. They never mentioned a transfusion, but maybe yours is just extra low? With my second pregnancy they had me taking iron twice a day on top of my pre natal vitamin, but they said that would be more than enough and never re checked my levels. 

Yeah I have dealt with chronic anemia before, my levels were in the 10s at the begining so I added an extra iron tablet on top of the prenatal too and it kept me up in the 11-12 range and this last follow up was around 9. I didn't think that was low enough to consider transfusing with iron. I'm gonna start adding a second tablet in and increase dietary iron and B12 because my current diet consists of sweets and carbs 🤷 I think my doc was a bit miffed that I refused to do the transfusions