Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 3/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related. 

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 3/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25W today - 

Baby is the size of a(n): size of a rutabaga or head of cauliflower

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: GT next month

How are you feeling?: Cranky. Very Cranky. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant - State testing this week, students annoying the fuck out of me right now. FB friend commented on my "Cranky pregnant lady" post this morning that I should not be cranky because this is a blessing I have prayed for. Um, Excuse the fuck out of me? I am not in the fucking mood for that kind of sunshine and unicorn fart bullshit this morning. Besides the fact that I never said I was cranky about the pregnancy, I AM cranky about a shit ton of other stuff today, so you can fuck the hell off. 

Questions: Am I the only stabby pregnant lady today/this week? I could cut a bitch for breathing near me...

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related. 

I don't have favorite songs to sing specifically to the baby, but I sing all the time. My children now generally like listening to music with me, and we have a few songs that we always sing together when they come on. I hope that my children do not like K-Pop ;) otherwise I'm open musically - we listen to jazz, classical, pop, classic rock, rap, alternative, hard rock, opera, musicals... seriously, everything except K-Pop and Chinese Opera I think. :)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1 26w

Baby is the size of a(n): double gulp cup

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: GT early April

How are you feeling?: Just very achy still! 

Rants/Raves:  My emotions are a damn rollercoaster, having problems finding a balance

Questions: Nothing yet, I usually think of one later so maybe I'll edit

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related. - My mother always sang Frank Sinatra's You Brought A New Kind of Love To Me and I will definitely be singing that to baby boy 

@indulgentgypsy oh hell noo, mind ya damn business! You are not alone, I am also a stabby pregnant lady - so much so I play this new game where I pretend to give people electric shocks in my head Zap! Zap! Sorry, not sorry. I am so tired of being pushed and shoved on the subway with people just staring at my bump!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @gbud630 I could cry knowing I am not alone in my stabbiness!!!!!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 25+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower/baseball glove/ cantaloupe 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next month. 

How are you feeling?: Super emotional lately. I can cry at the drop of a hat. It’s so weird because I wasn’t like this with DD. 

I’m still constipated AF. OB gave me the okay to use a mild laxative, but it hasn’t helped much. I think prunes and I are going to become best friends. But (TMI) I kinda kill DH with how bad the farts stink! Haha! 

Rants/Raves:  Rave: 14 month old DD started walking this weekend! 

Rant: DH yelled at me so bad I actually had to leave the house and walk to the park to cry yesterday. He apologized after I was gone for an hour. But we both had time to cool off. I think any little thing sets me off right now into an emotional cry fest. So this is gonna be fun for another 13-15 weeks. 

Questions: anyone started seeing LO move from the outside? Or had theirs SO feel baby yet? 

I am not really a big singer, but I’ll hum. Just the usual baby songs. Or I’ll make up my own. That’s my favorite thing to do. DD is still too young to really get into things, but she does like to bob up and down and shake her booty when we play Disney music! DH and I are big rock fans, so we go to concerts all the time for our favorite bands. I’m pretty sure the little ones will like what we like! 

• jenniferjoy37jenniferjoy37 member
    edited March 2019
    @indulgentgypsy I’m not so much stabby, just emotional. I just wanna cry at everything. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 crying was yesterday :) Stabby today

My DH and both my boys have been able to feel the baby kick/punch (as have my cats and one or 2 of my dogs). We have had 1 or 2 times it has been strong enough to really see from the outside. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    7/7; 25+1

Cauliflower 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):
    We know, but we aren't sharing

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Next week... Glucose test too

How are you feeling?: 

Having a rough time with acid reflux. Starting to get over a cold that has caused more tension than I could ever have expected. Let's just say that being in a multi-cultural and multi-generational household, we do not all share the same beliefs on what causes colds. It's really not been a bad cold - it's just zapped all my energy for a few days. 

Rants/Raves:  

I sure do need a safe space to rant... This is going to be long, so please feel free to skip it!

DH is exhausted and clearly not getting enough sleep. As a result, I think he may be projecting some of what he is feeling onto me. He is concerned about me doing any more traveling for the rest of the pregnancy. He travels by plane weekly, Monday through Thursday for work, though for the last few months he has been leaving on Sunday and sometimes not coming back until Friday. I travel for work for one week every month, and I have been trying to double up when I can (last week one one month and then staying through the first week of the next). My trips involve a 5/6 hr car ride (including the time for all my pregnancy stops). 

I have submitted my maternity plan to my boss, but she has not followed up with me on it, so I'm going to have to be proactive on that. I've proposed just one more of my work trips, meaning there won't be anymore after 5/5. The only other trip I have planned is for Memorial Day weekend - we'll be going about 3.5 hrs away by car for my baby shower. My mother has been planning this for a few months now, and DH has checked on the date for that several times. Yesterday, he asked me to call ask my mother to reschedule it because he didn't think I should be traveling then. He also thought I should cancel that last work trip, which I don't think I really can medically justify. What followed was not our best conversation. 

Besides DH's travel concerns, MIL who lives with us is full of all sorts of "don't do this" advice again. Apparently, I'm no longer allowed to eat pineapple because "it will cause premature labor" (when MIL gave birth in India 30+ years ago, she was given pineapple juice to help with labor). She also doesn't want me lifting anything, and is getting pushy when it comes to my meals - how much, when, and what I'm eating. 

I'm doing my best to juggle all the requirements from my care team, and I pay attention to what my body is telling me. If I am not capable of doing something, I will tell people. I have never liked someone telling that I can't or shouldn't do something without having a valid reason to back it up. I am really on an emotional edge right now with the amount of unscientific advice and warnings that I'm getting in my own home. 

Show me the science!

To cap off my weekend, we received a letter from our insurance company denying the claim for the AS (insert profane rant here). So... I'm working on getting that resolved. 

Questions: 

We have been playing religious music (from both of our faiths), and a fair amount of oldies and a mix of music that we enjoyed in our teens and college years. I definitely feel increased activity with some songs. One really funny moment was when DH has just felt the LO move for the first time and started singing some songs to see if he could get another reaction. His rendition of "Ice Ice Baby" did the trick!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/4 25w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound and prenatal this week!!

How are you feeling?: pretty good

Rants/Raves:  I’m so anxious for my ultrasound. We should find out more about vbac vs rcs.

Typical baby songs for baby

DS likes rock, love to watch him dance to it

I’ve never thought about the type of music I hope they like

@jenniferjoy37 DH and DS have felt baby and it’s been visible from the outside many times. Loving all the movement.

@indulgentgypsy feel however you want feel.. forget that lady 🦄 ☀️ 

@gbud630 I’d be so mad about the people on the subway .. haha, zap ⚡️ 

• @jenniferjoy37 oh I get crying too - if I'm not stabbing I'm crying. And yes, I have seen him move a couple of times now. DH has just started feeling him consistently, but this kid is dancing all day long so it has made it easier.

@indulgentgypsy you are most definitely not alone, try my Zap! game it helps a little.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • key33key33 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + : 25w 3d

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test on Wednesday, nothing else until April. 

How are you feeling?:  Sore and tired mostly. Relieved that my husbands out of the hospital and praying it stays that way.

Rants/Raves:  Pelvic pain sucks.

I am not the singer, so I don't sing much of anything. My 6 year old has a variety of interests in music. My 4 year old really loves panic at the disco right now and alternative music. 

• @keebler6elf What insurance company doesn’t cover an AS?! What the heck is wrong with this picture? Ugh...  and about the traveling. I’d say as long as your OB, and your body can handle it, do what you need to do girl! I hope your boss lets you know soon what the plan is going forward though. 
  • @keebler6elf Sorry it's so difficult at home right now. Try to remind yourself that all the annoying things they are saying comes from a place of love and concern. Try to smile and nod and then do what you feel is best for you. And if your DH tries to make you change your plans etc tell him you're the one who is pregnant so you're the one who will gauge what you can and can't handle. Remind him that you would never do anything that would put your self or baby at risk. I get all these things from SO all the time. He wanted me to get a doctor's to go on sick leave like a month ago. Um no. He has lots of opinions on food, physical activity, etc so I get it:/
  • @jenniferjoy37 I've been feeling baby from the outside for a couple of weeks now. Not often but very definite:) I haven't tried to get anyone else to feel it yet because I can't predict when she'll kick or punch...but hopefully in a few weeks SO will be able to feel it:)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26+0 / July 1st

Baby is the size of a(n): some sort of loaf of bread

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink:)

Upcoming Appointments: Had my glucose 2 weeks ago and OB last week so nothing until April 18th

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and really tired. +1 to the heartburn ramping up too. Otherwise ok. The more constant movement is helping with anxiety.

Rants/Raves:  Passed the 1 hour GTT and everything is looking good. We might purchase a house down the street from my parents to live in while we finish the renos on our house. That way we're all together for the next 2 years and I can have my own space back instead of taking up my parents' space. Also I think 3rd tri is next week! 

Questions: I'm good today!

GTKY: My mom sang Annie's song, The Circle Game and Blowin' in the Wind to me and I sang these to DD as well. I'll sing these to baby (along with many others). I sing all the time so my poor children have to put up with it:) My DD loves Weezer right now but Youngblood  (the acoustic version) is her favourite song. I'm big on acoustic so luckily she is picking up my love of this type of music (since we drive long distances often and I control the radio:)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 25wks/1day

Baby is the size of a(n): head of cauliflower 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next wed for my biweekly checkup 

How are you feeling?: sore 

Rants/Raves:  DS got the flu this week..yuck! And his bottom teeth are loose..which has made me super nauseous seeing them move and twist. 

Questions: why am I always tired? 

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related. I love old school songs from the 80s and 90s. This baby will know every Boyz to men song! 

• Est due date/weeks + days: July 2nd 26 weeks 

Baby is the size of Kale 

Team: Blue! 

Upcoming appointments: growth scan March 27th 

How are you feeling: so sore, my sciatica has been so bad the last few days - the weather is finally nice enough to walk and DD and I did 2 long walks yesterday and boy am I paying for it today. I had hoped exercise would help but apparently not! 

Rants/Raves: DD has been such a “threenager” lately everything is a battle but yesterday she was absolutely delightful. I was waiting all day for the ball to drop and her to freak about something but she was just incredible. I’m hoping it’s a sign of things to come and not just a fluke! 

Questions: 

GTKY: all things baby and music related. 

We sing sooo much Disney at our house. DD is frozen and Moana obsessed and I’ve also gotten her into the classic Disney songs as well. We’re also going through a Beatles phase, my daughter is obsessed with Lucy in the sky with diamonds. When I’m just singing to baby boy while I do stuff around the house I tend to gravitate toward folky music, like Cat Stevens but will basically belt out whatever is in my head at that moment. We’re a very musical family so we basically have something playing all day long and the genre varies by mood so it’s a hodge podge! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25 + something

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my 1 hour and coming up? My THREE hour. Damn.

How are you feeling?: Also REALLY grumpy. Like I could kick everyone in the face. I could have one month leave pre-partum. Wasn’t going to take it but literally every day at work I wonder why not. These idiots can go away. 

My patience with my child is also THIN. I need some space without being touched or talked to. Or maybe looked at. 

Rants/Raves:  I failed my 1 hour. Barely. And only by my dr’s more aggressive levels. (Usually it’s below 140 and she goes by 130.) Whatever - I wasn’t wholly surprised. But now MH has decided I have GD and need to stop eating food. I had a small bowl of ice cream Sunday night and he stopped speaking to me. I want to type all sorts of words about that but I’ll be banned. 

Questions: No. 

Music is huge here. Baby Mine has been a staple for all the kids. DS generally loves Disney songs although he also sings all of Paint Your Wagon with MH. It’s sorta cute... if that musical wasn’t so offensive. I’m teaching him piano and I hope he’s interested in some instrument. 

• @keebler6elf, I’d be losing it. Tell your MIL that I ate and drank ALL the pineapple to induce labor and it did nada for me! It’s not a real thing. And even on the off chance it is, it’s only when your body is ready- not premature labor.

Also, your H needs to sit down about your travel. I am going 5 hours by car Memorial Day because I friggin want to. You can also. 
  • keebler6elfkeebler6elf member
    edited March 2019
    I don't how I forgot to mention Disney music for us too... Both DH and myself will randomly burst out - baby doesn't have an option on that one! 

Update on my AS/Insurance battle:

Insurance has agreed to reprocess the claim. The rep I spoke too also feel it was a mistake, so I didn't have to argue my case. They said it could take up to 30 days! It's their $ though, so whatever. Hopefully this is the end of that!

@jenniferjoy37 @Panaceia @Happyin14 I was pretty sure that I was being reasonable - thanks for your thoughts! Yeah, I'm sure DH just wants everything to go well and everyone to be healthy. I'm not going to miss out on my own baby shower though!

There is no science to the pineapple concern... I've checked. In India, there are a bunch of these beliefs that medical professionals are trying to correct. Some have a basis in fact (unripe papayas can pose a problem, but a significant population still believes that all papaya must be avoided). It's tricky, but with that stuff, I'm picking my battles. I want my occasional pineapple, but I can't think of the last time I had any papaya. 
  • @Panaceia the plan to buy a house near your parents while your house is being finished sounds awesome! I’d love having my own home base while the other house is being finished! 
    @Happyin14 sorry to hear your results and your H. Will they do a 3 hr for a definitive diagnosis?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25+1

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): team blue X's 2

Upcoming Appointments: I had a growth ultrasound last Friday and my regular OB appt yesterday

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling pretty good. It's hard to get comfortable sometimes but other than that no complaints.

Rants/Raves:  people telling me I need to gain weight. I've only gained about 5 lbs so far (I was a healthy bmi to begin) and everyone who is NOT a medical professional keeps making comments. My babies are both healthy and growing just fine and my Dr is not concerned at all. I wish people would stop saying stuff. 

Questions: has anyone had a repeat c section? I will have one this go around too and because it will take place once I go into labor and isn't scheduled like my first I am panicing. I'm a planner and control freak so the unknown is terrifying to me. If anyone has had a repeat or emergency c section can you give me input on what it was like? 

My 3 year old still loves when I sing the classic lullabies. We put our own spin on them and I plan on singing them to these boys as well. ♥️♥️♥️

• @Happyin14 I can relate to the thin patience. The past couple of days have been better but usually I find myself on the verge of losing it. As for the glucose test, good luck! I have GD and have been testing my sugars since 10 weeks this pregnancy. (Since I had it last time and failed the test at 10 weeks) I refused to do the 3 hour after I failed the 1 hour so early on since we all knew the outcome. Hopefully during that timeframe you can be alone and relax as much as possible. 

• @cb123391 I'm having a RCS this time but we are scheduling it for 39 weeks. If I go into labour ahead of time then I go right to L&D and they will do the CS. Are they not scheduling you at all?
  • @Panaceia they will schedule one at 38 weeks if I haven't had them by that point but my Dr said that they won't schedule it in advance as I probably won't make it to that point. 
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1; 26+1

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink Upcoming Appointments: Seeing my new OB for the first time this week. Will be my first appointment since the AS in mid-February

How are you feeling?: No major complaints

Rants/Raves: I’m officially moved and settled into our new house. MH and I worked pretty much nonstop for several days and managed to basically finish unpacking. It’s definitely nice to be set up, and after going through everything and tossing tons of stuff, I’m the most organized I’ve been in a really long time! Moving and unpacking involved a lot of standing, walking, and lifting, though, all of which got really uncomfortable after a while even though I’m still pretty small for 26 weeks. Can’t imagine what 3rd trimester will feel like. Plus MH is now gone for at least a month while he takes care of repairs so we can put our old house on the market, and I hardly know anyone in the new location and can’t really do most of the social activities I would normally use to meet people(sports, drinking), so it’s a bit lonely right now. I’m actually excited to start my new job soon.

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related. I don’t really sing...

@jenniferjoy37, I’ve been able to see baby move a couple of times now, and H has been able to feel her moving for a couple of weeks.  He was very excited, which was cute, but then he started randomly reaching out and touching my stomach without warning multiple times a day to see if he could feel her again, which had to be stopped

• @cb123391 - I’ve had a RCS and will have a 3rd. Mine wasn’t scheduled - I went in for a NST and we did a CS because he wasn’t moving. That’s a story for another day. 

But my first was after a LONG and rough labor.... so this was much better. I found the actual procedure and recovery loads easier. 

@mama_bear19, yeah. 3 hour will be definitive. I’m mostly sure I’m gonna have to be on work phone calls..... which has me a bit grumpy. 
  • @Happyin14 I LOVE PAINT YOUR WAGON! That is awesome that they are singing it. There’s still plenty things out there more offensive! 
    My group didn’t ask this question and I’m sad. Singing is big to me and I’m all classic musicals, too! 
  • @hakele! Ha! No one ever knows it. A 4 year old singing “I talk to the trees” is the cutest thing ever. 
  • @Happyin14 @hakele I'm jealous. My daughter came home from school 2 years ago singing Ironman. I should just give up:/
  • @Panaceia, like Black Sabbath "Iron Man"? HAHAHA! That's amazing. 
    So far, I think her favorite music is the blues. Or she really hates it. One of the two, because when we are in the car, she only has a baby dance party when we turn on BB King Bluesville. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Edd July 3rd/ 26 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): kale

Upcoming Appointments: I’m being referred to a specialist to manage my GD so I’m not sure when that’ll be. My next ob appointment is in April.

How are you feeling?: I’m ok

Rants/Raves:

Questions: anyone been diagnosed with gestational diabetes? How did you manage it? Would anyone be up for starting a support thread?

GTKY: What are your favourite songs to sing to baby? What songs did you sing/do you plan on singing? If you have a child now what is their current taste in music? What musical taste do you hope you child (ren) have in future? So basically all things baby and music related.

ive sang You Are My Sunshine to all my boys almost immediately after they’ve entered the world. I plan to do the same with this lo. We don’t listen to a lot of nursery music. We do listen to it but even our kids get annoyed with it. My oldest referred to Baby Shark as a fn crisis 😂😂😂

Music is a big deal in our house. We play a huge variety of music so that the boys can get a taste for their own style. My oldest loves country and hip hop, anything by George straight is his go to. My youngest is more like his daddy and loves rock/metal, he really gets down to some Puscifer. 
  • @hakele Yep. Black Sabbath. She was 3 at the time. I don't even know where she learned it!
  • @Panaceia I think your DD has excellent taste in music :)
  • key33key33 member
    @hellmanpartyof5 - I have no advice to offer, but I think a support thread for all of those who do would be great for those who do! I'm sure some of the STM’s who have been there would be able to give great advice too. I'm sure you would get more advice from the entire group.
  • @hellmanpartyof5 I have gestational diabetes. I started a thread a few weeks ago and there are some tips on there. Right now I manage it with my diet but my Dr said I will need to start insulin soon because I am having twins so it's harder to control. I had it with my first pregnancy too and was able to control it with my diet. I have to stick to 45 or less carbs for a meal and 20 or less for a snack right now. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 26+1

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash, although I feel like they already gave me this reference point weeks ago. 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: bigger—am definitely strutting the pregnant waddle, whether I need to or not! I had a scary day on Tuesday because I was feeling contractions, but I went to the hospital for monitoring and after a few hours of observation they said everything was fine and let me leave. Whew. I am also deciding to be proud of myself for recognizing this as a potentially serious situation that needed medical intervention instead of ignoring my potential needs like I did last week when I fell. Hooray for being responsible!

Rants/Raves:  Why can’t I sleep?!?!

Questions: nope. But @jenniferjoy37 I’ve seen movement from the outside once and my husband has been able to feel kicking from the outside a few times. Something else pretty great: we were at a meeting Sunday evening and every time my husband said anything, baby girl would start jumping around. 💗 I did read that they’re learning to recognize our voices, I just didn’t expect it quite like that!

No idea. My mom sang lullabies to us at bedtime, which I always enjoyed. We’ll probably just listen to the music we like to listen to and see what happens. Both my husband and I appreciate all different types of music (@indulgentgypsy yes, that includes K-pop, and we even went to a Chinese opera three years ago! Haha), so I hope LO develops diverse tastes as well.