October 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/25

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/25

• Options
    I had a dream last night that one of my aunts (the one I'm the least close with) somehow knew I was pregnant with a girl and told my parents and sister before I had a chance to. And then in the dream, my dad was cranky about it because apparently he would have preferred a grandson. I woke up feeling like it all really happened, and I was so upset. Even now, knowing it was only a dream, I can't shake the feeling of disappointment! I think I might treat myself to a hot chocolate on the way to work, just to get my week off to a better start!
  • Options
    @galentine Aw, I'm sorry. What a crummy dream! I hate when the bad feelings from one linger, too. Treat yo'self to that hot chocolate! When are you planning on announcing the sex?
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ate a huge bowl of soup and am too full to appreciate the cake a coworker brought by. The dept next to mine won a 7M€ grant for industry-academia collaboration and since the dept head is Italian it was obviously Tiramisu.

Obligatory headscratching: ou
    r administration was super happy that the 7M didn't count towards this year's budget because we need to cry poor to the funding bodies so they'll give us the same budget next year. Argh.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    Leaving work at three for fold laundry and wash more laundry. Oh the glory.

Also have discovered Netflix's 2018 She-Ra reboot and am totally bingeing on it. I guess I'm not too old for animated shows.

• Options
    @galentine Oh man, the vivid dreams are so crazy aren't, they? That one does not sound pleasant, hope you can get the taste out of your mouth - hot chocolate is a good way to do it! :)
  • Options
    @egb428 I totally gave up on pants as of today. Its definitely on the cooler side here still but I.do.not.care. I cannot handle the bella band anymore either. 

Re:shoes while I love heeled booties, I'm likely just going to stick to flats until sandle season is officially here. I'm really in love with my black Rothys.
  • Options
    Man, I just cannot find any work motivation these days. I keep expecting it to come back and it just isn't. I have a packed day today and I'm sitting here on TB while on my conference calls. Whoops! Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Monday (as good as Mondays can be at least!)
  • Options
    @elle-0409, we are going to announce the sex to immediate families this weekend! Very excited! After that, I imagine we'll be sharing more publicly (work and extended family) and I'm terrified/excited for that!

@jenferlee82, I'm with you on not having any motivation at work. My productivity is.... low. LOL
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    I’m down south for training and struggling so hard to stay awake 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    LONG POST AHEAD WITH LOTS OF RANTING 😡

Ugh... I just got an email from one of the ladies who is in my sister's wedding party. My sister was being b****y a week ago because her fiance went on this six-day bachelor party to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day, and she doesn't feel like her bachelorette party is *fancy* enough (she had originally wanted to go on a 3-day cruise to Mexico which would have cost almost $1k... and planned two weeks before the wedding - I said I couldn't go because that's too expensive on top of the other costs for her wedding, and it was maybe too much for some of the other girls because now we are doing a short weekend in Temecula/Wine Country). 

Well, now one of her friends has decided to book some room in San Diego for the night before the trip so my sister can go on a "tiki crawl"... BTW we are in Los Angeles, so to drive to San Diego is a 2-hour trip (with no traffic) and then an hour trip to Temecula (again, no traffic) is effing ridiculous. Plus I really don't feel like going on a bar crawl when I'm almost 6 months pregnant and wasting another PTO day that I need to be saving for maternity leave. How can I politely say no to this excursion? 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @stephanie123456 what @galentine said. you and baby come first, and that is extravagant AF. this makes me glad I don't have a sister. and just makes me wanna slap a B for you.
    2/22/13 - BFP #1, EDD 10/18/13
    10/17/13 - DS (w/ ex)
    6/2/18 - Married DH
    8/25/18 - BFP #2
    9/2/18 - MC at 6w
    2/25/19 - BFP #3 (LMP 1/19, EDD 10/26)
    2/25 Beta #1 3300; 2/27 Beta #2 6700; 3/1 Beta #3 12,100
    <3  Please stick little rainbow baby! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 Ugh! I would be super annoyed at that. I think Galentine's suggestion is spot on - beg out and buy them some drinks instead!
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 I’m sorry you are dealing with such ridiculousness. I feel pregnancy definitely gives you a solid excuse to get out of a bar crawl and I wouldn’t feel bad about it one bit. @galentine gave some good advice on what to say. 

Sidenote: Extravagant prewedding events drive me bonkers. My bachelorette was a one night camping trip with girlfriends and it was awesome. People need to get over themselves!
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @stephanie123456 Oh my yes, it sounds like she needs a bit of a wake up call as to what a wedding is. It's the bride and groom asking others to come celebrate with them! It's not an obligation for others to do so and nobody owes the bride and groom a darn thing. Hopefully she'll realize that as it gets closer; I have the feeling the wedding will be a lot more fun if she does!
  • Options
    Ugh @kindbytealikat the sneeze pains are unbelievable stressful for PGAL. I have pregnancy rhinitis and sneeze all.day.long because of it. I find holding my pelvic (ute) area helps but of course there are the unexpected ones.... I'm sorry your dealing with a full fledged cold. I hope it passes quickly.
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat Ugh pregnancy colds are the worst! Poor gal, hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @galentine damn, that’s a shitty dream.  I hope that hot chocolate did the trick!

@grapeskittles4lyfe were you able to save a slice of tiramisu for tomorrow?  I love a good tiramisu!  

@egb428 I hear you on the getting dressed part.  Half my work tops don’t fit anymore and work pants that buttoned up last week didn’t button up this morning. 🙈 I need to go shopping soon. 

@jenferlee82 +1 for being unmotivated.  I feel like the worst employee lately.  

@steminist that’s so exciting!  Hearing that little train-like heartbeat is the best!  Hope you enjoy that “high” tonight!!

@cmbt2 How south are you?  Here in southern Texas it was in the 80’s today!

@stephanie123456 Wow!  I agree that you’re total fine with bowing out for the bar crawl.  I think everyone will understand and if they don’t, oh well.  
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @emily1052 I’m in Houston!
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    I was just in a pretty bad car accident. I was one block away from my doctor’s office to pick up the envelope with our NIPT results and some young girl, who wasn’t paying attention, t-boned me. I went to the hospital, and the baby looks okay, but I’m a mess. I’m so nervous about potential damage to my child. I’m hoping because I’m in the first trimester the little one will be okay. 
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @elle-0409 Oh no! That is awful, you poor thing. Of course you’re freaking out; I would be too! But if the baby looks okay I’m sure that means he/she is okay. Are you injured?
  • Options
    @elle-0409 that sounds so scary! I’m glad you were able to check on baby right away and all’s eems well. Are you injured at all? Totally normal to feel like a mess from that kind of experience ❤️ Hopefully you can take it easy for a while and rest 
  • Options
    Oh my God, @elle-0409. How scary. I'll be keeping you and your little one in my thoughts. Hoping everything is just fine. Please keep us updated. ❤
  • Options
    That's terrifying @elle-0409, I'm so sorry 💚 I hope everything is okay, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts 💚 
  • Options
    @elle-0409 I’m so sorry! That is so scary and traumatic. I hope you are ok and that the baby continues to do well. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @elle-0409 Oh no! I’m glad to hear baby is doing well and hope you are too. Take it easy for a couple of days if you’re able to
  • Options
    @elle-0409 I'll be sending positive vibes your way. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. Hopefully you can find some comfort in knowing your little one appears to be okay. 💛
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @elle-0409 That’s so scary, I’m so sorry!!! Prayers for you and that baby!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    elle-0409 said:
    I was just in a pretty bad car accident. I was one block away from my doctor’s office to pick up the envelope with our NIPT results and some young girl, who wasn’t paying attention, t-boned me. I went to the hospital, and the baby looks okay, but I’m a mess. I’m so nervous about potential damage to my child. I’m hoping because I’m in the first trimester the little one will be okay. 
    Oh no! So happy the baby looks fine. Be gentle to yourself and don't hesitate to call your provider with any questions <3

• Options
    elle-0409 said:
    @elle-0409 I am so sorry!  That is so scary.  I’m glad everything checked out.  Are you ok?
  • Options
    @elle-0409, I would schedule the follow up with your doctor just for your own peace of mind. If the ER doctor says the baby is fine, I'm sure the baby is fine. But I'm also sure you won't stop worrying anyway.  I think following up would be good, mostly for your sake, just for that extra reassurance that the baby is doing well. ❤❤

I hope you can take it easy today and get some rest!
  • Options
    I'm soooo tired. We had furnace problems at 330 this morning. DH shut it down but whatever the issue is caused some smoking and set all the alarms off about 30min later. Smoke, Carbon Monoxide. All of them. He'd get them calmed down and they would just go off again 2 min later. Kids were up, dog was a basket case (I had to give him his trazadone to calm him). I didn't get back to sleep until 5ish just to wake up for the day at 6. I need coffee.....