July 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight - Baby Scales

This probably doesn't warrant its own thread because I know not everyone buys a scale, but anyway...

Any recos on baby scales?  We had this Health-o-Meter 2-in-1 scale:

https://www.amazon.com/Health-meter-Toddler-Scale-Growth/dp/B0009MFUZE/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=baby+scale&qid=1553355107&s=gateway&sr=8-4

but the display stopped lighting up a few months in.  I kind of limped along with baby 2 and 3, but the display doesn't even register at all anymore when I turn it on.  I really enjoy weighing my babies, doing weighed feeds, and tracking their growth so I need to replace it.  I just don't want to buy another one that will break.

TIA!

Re: Product Spotlight - Baby Scales

• Options
    I’m following. I was watching a midwife on a video use a hammock-like scale where you hold the baby up and a little scale like the analog readouts at the grocery store told the baby’s weight. 

Not sure if I’ll get a scale yet but it has been something I considered to help me with my breastfeeding journey in the beginning.
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited March 2019
    Like a produce scale? I would love one of those actually! Probably not precise enough for a weighed feeding (in the beginning we're talking 1-2 oz at a time) but it would be enough accuracy to track overall weight week by week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a common thing among hospitals or not, but mine offers a weekly breastfeeding class/chat time for new moms. They have a scale there where you can weigh-feed-weigh, and it was SUPER helpful! It might be worth looking into in your area if you wanted the use of a scale but didn't want to invest in one for yourself. 
  • Options
    If BFing goes like last time I might be purchasing one as well. I had to go to the LC for weighted feeds and to get accurate weights for DD. It would be so much more convenient to be able to do this at home.

Definitely following for recommendations. 
  • Options
    I used a scale from the hospital for the first month for both of my babes. I don't know if that's something available at most hospitals or not but I wasn't charged anything extra for it. 
    I did see the Hatch has a changing pad scale you can get that looks really awesome! If I was a FTM (and not a last time mom lol) I'd consider it! But it's kinda pricey.