September 2019 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits Check-In - w/o 3/24

edited March 2019 in September 2019 Moms
We haven’t had one of these fitness/healthy habits check ins in a while. Thought I would start one! 😁 (Stolen from TTGP)

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! Standard disclaimer - consult your Dr. before starting any new diet or fitness routine while pregnant. 

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How's it going?

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

4. GTKY: What's your go to lunch?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In - w/o 3/24

• Options

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Staying in shape and also less screen time

2. How's it going? I went to personal training today and it was great. I am definitely starting to feel a little bump getting in the way, so I'll probably begin to modify more next time. I have been struggling getting to the gym during the week though :(. I am also planning to take my bike out tomorrow if we get some sunshine. It is still rainy today.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I hate hate hate yoga and stretching, but I went to "breathe" stretching class and it was so good for me. Especially to stretch my hips. 

4. GTKY: What's your go to lunch? Probably peanut butter sandwich, but it usually leftovers from the night before. 

Anyone else trying to limit their screen time? I am really struggling lately, especially with being on social media. Any tips that have worked for you all? 

• Options

1. What healthy habit are you working on? I'm trying to be more active.  We have a Peloton but I haven't used it since before I got pregnant.  However, I use their app for walk and walk/run workouts.  I want to try some of their bootcamp and strength workouts.

2. How's it going? I only get in a couple of workouts a week but I need to get better about it.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Last night I did a 20 minute power walk on the treadmill after dinner.  I felt so much less bloated afterwards.

4. GTKY: What's your go to lunch? A salad or leftovers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Trying to maintain my fitness and not gain too much weight.

2. How's it going?

Pretty good! I'm on track for weight gain so far. I've been working out a little less than usual, but I'm still getting two workouts a week in.

Pushed a little harder in my HIIT class than I have been. The fatigue is finally letting up!

Leftovers, lunch from FitKitchen, or lately burgers. Haha.

• Options

Closing all my rings on my Apple Watch and trying not to snack too much (but I like the less screen time goal also @kgg2241!!) and going for a walk everyday.

2. How's it going?

Good! Managed to get in a walk yesterday and today, woo hoo!!

I upped my move (aka calorie) goal and managed to hit all my goals! Wahoo!! 

PB&J!! Also, baby carrots, Greek yogurt, goldfish and fruit. Mmm. 

• Options

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Cutting out most sugar (not going over board and saying none, just most extra), getting in a walk everyday, drinking water

2. How's it going? Water and walking are good but we are on vacation at an all inclusive so sugar has to wait until next week 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I have been super active this week with lots of walking and swimming and movement. 

4. GTKY: What's your go to lunch? This is also a habit I need to get better at-eating lunch. I am a social worker so most lunches are ether fast at my desk or forgotten. Favorite go to is egg salad sandwich, leftovers, or lately been craving PB&J sandwiches. 

Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Trying to get back in shape. Not necessarily lose weight at this point but definitely tone up some muscles.

2. How's it going? I’ve been pretty down about my weight recently. Not the weight I’ve gained while pregnant (only about 5 lbs) but the weight I gained while TTC. I was at my healthiest when we first started TTC but then when things weren’t working for us I got afraid that I was dieting or exercising “too hard.” So I stopped. I stopped dieting, I stopped going to the gym. And I gained 20 lbs. Now I just feel like crap about my weight. And it doesn’t help that my mom, who has always been bigger than me, is having crazy good success on her keto diet and now weighs less than me.

I actually started going back to the gym about a month before we got KU. I’m lucky enough to work right next to the gym on campus, so I go during my lunch breaks. I’ve only been doing the bike since I’m afraid I’ll get too dizzy doing anything else. I want to be sitting down. I really want to get back in the pool. That’s where I have the most success at toning my muscles and losing the fat. But I’ve been too afraid that I’ll start to feel sick and need to throw up. That would be a disaster.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I’ve been really working on getting enough water in every day. I think dehydration has been the cause of some of my headaches.

4. GTKY: What's your go to lunch? Because I work on a large campus with a variety of restaurants nearby, I never bring my own lunch. I used to grab a fruit smoothie and deli sandwich from the café that’s attached to the gym. But since deli meat is off limits (even tho I have eaten it on occasion) I try to avoid it as much as possible.

@kgg2241 Less screen time is a great goal! I’m hoping once it warms up a little more I’ll be able to ditch the screen for some time outside. What are some things that you have tried?

@sparkles5275 Getting a walk in after dinner is something I’ve been hoping to do more of once it gets warmer outside. I just hope I have the energy for it by the end of the day. I’m usually so tired and just want to crash.

@lillywonderland Lol at you guys and your PB&Js. That sounds so good right now! I wish I had a go to easy lunch.

@cateyes543 I hope you’re enjoying your vacation!! Where are you at?

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 One big rule in our house since the new year is one screen at a time. So if we are watching a movie, we can't have our phones out. Or if we are on the computer, we can't have the TV on. It sounds crazy, but that has helped mindless Instagram scrolling. Otherwise, I still struggle with being on my phone too much. I am also hoping that once it warms up we will be able to get outside more. As for the gym, I totally get where you are coming from. I was getting dizzy and lightheaded in the first trimester when I worked out, but now I am feeling so much more energy. Maybe give it a go now (if you are feeling better)? And just listen to your body. Take lots of breaks and drink lots of water. I need so much more water now than I did before. 
  • Options

I am starting this pregnancy off about 60lbs over weight, so I’m really hoping to lose or maintain this time around. I’m working on eating better, and getting off my butt after a long 9hour day at my desk.

2. How's it going?

So far it is going, ok. The weather has been nice so I have been able to play outside with my 3 year old after work. I have no real cravings or appetite, but always hungry, so I’ve been trying to eat fruit and veggies.

I was down 2lbs from my first baby appointment. I was expecting to be up at least 5!

Salads and fruit!

Any other mamas trying to lose weight this time around? 

• Options
    @kgg2241 I love the idea of one screen at a time! I already get grouchy if hubs pulls out his phone while we are out to dinner.