Infertility

April 19 IVF

124»

Re: April 19 IVF

• @kln3879 welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your previous losses. You transferred 2 embryos on the 15th, when is your first beta? I would imagine very soon. Fx for a good beta result! 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Hello ladies. How is everyone doing? 

@elliemarie7 did you do your FET yet? 

I am currently 6 days past day 3 transfer. I'm annoyed at my body. I feel like I'm having pregnancy symptoms but logically know that it is too soon for these symptoms so I'm confused as to why I have them. I feel like I need to pee every few hours and I get up at least once in the night (all unusual for me) and my boobs are sore! They have gotten sore during both sets of stims but this time it just isnt going away. I also keep feeling slight cramping in the mornings but I'm not sure if it's like my uterus or just stomach issues caused by the metformin! Can these symptoms be caused by the Ovidrel trigger shot I took on 22nd April? The 8th cant come soon enough!
  • Loading the player...
  • kln3879kln3879 member
    I had my first beta on April 26. I wasn't sure about the rules of the board, so I didn't post my results.
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @kln3879 no problem! I understand. You are definitely able to post the results. We want to be here for you to celebrate any good news and support you if it is bad news. 
  • kln3879kln3879 member
    I did get a positive beta on April 26. It was 113 that day. I had a second beta on April 30 that was 610. I have my first ultrasound on May 14. DH and I are so excited! We haven't told anyone yet. We're waiting until after the ultrasound. 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    edited May 2019
    @kln3879 congratulations on the strong betas! That's great news! I hope time passes quickly for you to the 14th for your ultrasound!
  • @kln3879 Congrats!  Those are excellent numbers!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• ellemarie7ellemarie7 member
    edited May 2019
    @ACAC25 hiii! Yes, I had my FET on Tuesday. I forgot how psychotic the 2WW makes me. Trying so hard to just be chill and not over analyze every. single. thing. But for the most part I’m doing good - I’m on HCG boosters this time though so that really eliminates any idea of symptom spotting OR testing early at home which I think may actually be a good thing for me. 

How are you holding up? 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @ellemarie7 congrats on being PUPO!!I know! The tww is so brutal! It really started to get to me like Friday. That sucks that you have the HCG boosters. Does the trigger shot/boosters give you pregnancy like symptoms? 
     I just keep telling myself 2 more days. I have my beta on Wednesday. I am testing in the morning at home before doing the blood test so that I can feel prepared for the results  I am symptom spotting even though I'm trying not to and I know it's probably too early to even have symptoms.  **TW when I was pregnant in 2017 (ended in BO at 9 weeks) I didn't have any symptoms until about 5 weeks along) **
  • @ellemarie7 That's awesome you had your FET on Tuesday!  The TWW can be the worst part of the process in terms of waiting.  FX it goes quickly and ends with great results!

@ACAC25 isn't symptom spotting so hard to avoid?  Wednesday probably feels like so far away but hopefully it will be here before you know it!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

edited May 2019
    @celticknotfire I know it’s honestly the worst haha - just gotta stay strong and super positive. Thank you for the well wishes! 🤗🤗

@ACAC25 thanks you toooo! Pretty sure the extremely sore boobs and fatigue is from the HCG boosters. And so I actually have to wait until my second beta to know anything...the first one will come back positive, so if the second one shows a doubling rate that’s how we’ll know 🤞🏻 

You can totally do two more days - I’m so excited for you! Crossing absolutely everything for Wednesday!! ❤️
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @celticknotfire yes!! Its so hard to avoid. And I keep comparing how I feel now to how I felt in Jan with our first failed IVF. 

@ellemarie7 that's brutal! As if the waiting isnt hard enough, it sucks that you have to wait for the second beta! When is beta 1 scheduled for?

Those are the symptoms I'm having too. I feel tired all the time, I'm peeing more often and my boobs are sore (not as bad as right after trigger though). I just want to know! LolI'm kinda weirded out by my doctor. Last IVF he told me if the beta 1 is positive (over 10) they just do an ultrasound 2 weeks later... no beta 2....
  • @ACAC25 good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you!

AFM, today was a hard day. I woke up this morning with a small amount of very light pink spotting (I'd compare it to like Pepto Bismol color). No cramps or anything, and that was it...nothing since. I'm 7dp5dt today. Obviously I phoned my clinic and they couldn't have seemed less concerned. Indicated it was implantation or irritation from the Endometrin. After getting over that, a nurse called me back later in the morning and said that my mid-week bloods came back and my TSH jumped from 1.46 the day of my FET to 3.8. I know this is really not good. They called in a prescription right away for Synthroid so I started it today. She said it's very common, not to worry, and that pregnancy or the hormones I'm on could spike it and that's the reason they do early bloods to catch stuff like this in time. Need to stay positive but it's such a roller coaster. Hoping everything is okay...
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @ellemarie7 thank you! I cant wait for tomorrow morning to find out. I had a bit of a meltdown last night. Its crazy but I think I'm more anxious about the test being positive because it's just the first step in an anxiety ridden journey. On one hand I am hoping beyond hope that its positive but that thought also terrifies me, I'm so scared of miscarrying again. 

I'm sorry about your scare this morning. hopefully it is just implantation spotting. It really is a roller coaster. It does seem like your clinic has things under control though with jumping on the medication. I know uts easier said than done but try to relax. When is your first beta? 
    edited May 2019
    @ACAC25 I honestly know exactly what you mean. With what we've been through, you know that a BFP is really only half the battle. We need to just stay super hopeful and positive. Very grateful to have people to go through this with that understand...we're all in this together. I have a really good feeling about tomorrow for you!!!

And thanks, I agree. I really trust my clinic so I'm going to try and just chill about it. And literally stay the f off Google lol. My first beta is Thursday to get a number but the second beta on Saturday will determine what's really going on in there! 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @ellemarie7 that's a great plan! Google can be so terrible! I'm glad that you trust your clinic, it seems that they are on top of things. That's good. Im glad you dont have to wait too long to get your results. Everything crossed for you! 

I know, I feel the same way. I am so grateful to have you and the rest of the ladies to turn to. People who understand how exciting, anxiety ridden and terrifying this process is. I am feeling really positive about tomorrow, so FX! The good thing is my DH is very calm and logical and collected so he really helps me bring it down when I lose it. 
  • @ellemarie7 and @ACAC25 FX so hard for both of you!!!!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• ACAC25ACAC25 member
    So I'm pretty sure im out. I took a first response regular HPT this morning and it was negative. There wasnt even a hint of a line after 4 and 10 minutes. I have my beta today and should be confirmed by 7pm tonight. I dont even know how to feel. I really thought I was pregnant this time. I just feel like a crushing numbness. I'm just waiting for it to sink in and for everything to fall apart. 
  • @ACAC25 we’re all here for you. Let’s wait for those beta results. No matter what, you’re not alone in this and you guys will get through it. It’s so hard to see past what’s going on right now in this moment but where there’s a will there’s a way and we can’t give up. DM me if you need anything okay?! Thinking of you ❤️
  • @ACAC25 I'm sorry but wait for the beta results.  Just take it one step at a time.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Thank you both for your kind words. I'm such a mess right now. My doctor was supposed to call with the results 3hrs ago. I've tried messaging him and calling him but hes not responding. I'm so unbelievably angry at him. Im angry for him not calling and I'm angry for him giving me false hope that this would work. 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    My doctor finally called at 9.45pm. So somehow my test came back positive but low. He was looking for 2.7 IU (or UI ... not sure about the unit of measurement) and mine came at 2.5. He said it is positive but not an absolute positive but we wont know anything until I do a second beta on Friday. He kept asking if I had any pain or bleeding which I've had none of. I asked if this is a viable pregnancy. He thinks probably not but we wont know until fridays results and to contact him immediately if there is any pain or bleeding. On one hand I'm hopefull but on the other hand I'm so upset that I'm likely going to miscarry. DH is not processing at all ... he wants a definitive answer about whether there is a baby growing in there or not and I cant give that to him. 
  • @ACAC25 I am so sorry!  Being in limbo like that is so difficult.  FX for you for Friday
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• So sorry you have to go through this right now and more waiting...keep us posted on Friday, sending so much love and positive vibes your way! <3 
  • @ACAC25 I am thinking of you today!
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @ellemarie7 and @celticknotfire thank you. 
    I started bleeding yesterday and it's basically a full period today. I had an ultrasound and it's looking like there is nothing there. We have 1 more round of IVF left in our package and our aim is for June. DH and I have a lot to talk about about how to proceed. 

@ellemarie7 I have everything crossed for your appointment tomorrow. Hoping for a strong second beta for you! ❤
  • @ACAC25 I'm so sorry.  Take some time for yourself and YH.  If you do another round I wish you the best of luck.

@ellemarie7 FX for your second beta!
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• @ACAC25 I’m sorry 😞 I’m glad you guys have one more round left and will be picking back up next month. 

AFM *TW*...my beta on Thursday was 257 so they told me it was most definitely not just the HCG. Yesterday’s was 776. I’m still in absolute shock. However my estrogen took a nose dive to under 100 yesterday so they had me up my Estrace. I wish that didn’t happen because it has me worried and I hope everything will still be okay. My nurse didn’t seem overly concerned and said this is why they do BW so frequently to catch stuff like this. My DH says to relax and enjoy the fact that our fourth transfer worked and our betas are strong which means baby is too. So that’s what I’m going to focus on! When I go for intralipids this Thursday they will check everything again so hopefully that will give me some peace and reassurance. First ultrasound is scheduled for May 20th! 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @ellemarie7 so much Congratulations for you!! I am so happy for you and your strong betas! I hope baby is snuggled in tight and praying for a fast 2 weeks and a great ultrasound on the 20th. 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    **sorry for the long update**

So DH and I have had a lot to discuss. The doctor suggested changing out one of the cells with donor cells. I asked about embryo  adoption. After talking to DH he is not comfortable with this at all and says that if we do that he'd rather adopt a child instead. We are seriously facing the fact that we will likely never have our own children due to poor sperm and egg quality and weak implantation. 
    Doctor said that if we want to proceed the next round with our own cells we for sure can. Last round what happened was the embryo implanted (I had started to feel some minor symptoms) but due to weak implantation the embryo did not survive. He seems happier that this happened as it's a step in the right direction. We are going to do everything we can to try for this round. Continuing metformin, exercise regime, meds and we are going to do an endometrial scratch (that I'm kinda scared and nervous about).
    However, we have also reached out to children and family services in our home town to start looking into the adoption process. Also when we move home there is 1 covered round of IVF where you only pay for the meds and DH insurance (that we added fertility treatment to) will cover the cost of the meds. We will likely try to do this round as well. Regardless of whether round 3 here or 4 back home works or not we are going to continue with the adoption process and adopt 1-2 children. We always wanted a family of 3 or 4 kids.  
  • @ACAC25 I am so sorry you have so many things to think about and discuss.  You have the right attitude about everything so that helps a lot!  GL with all your next steps!

@ellemarie7 Congrats!  That is so exciting!!!  It's so great that your RE is on top of everything and the extra testing sounds like it's already helping.
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

edited May 2019
    @ACAC25 @celticknotfire thanks ladies <3 When will you be doing your FET @celticknotfire? I'll be rooting for you!!

@ACAC25 how are you doing? You guys are being very proactive and sounds like you're on the same page with a plan moving forward. You are strong and courageous, and you guys will have that big family. I have no doubts about that. Depending on what your RE says, there were some things that my new RE suggested I do for this round of IVF that I really think helped. You're already on Metformin I remember, but he had me take DHEA and Coq10 as well, and I think you already mentioned you were on a low-carb low-sugar diet/keto? 

I also took this: https://www.nourishpcos.com/store/p12/ovasitolcanister.html

All of these things are supposed to really help egg quality. We also waited, and I was on these supplements/meds for a full three months before my retrieval to make sure they had the time to make my eggs the best they could be. I know more waiting is not ideal but maybe something to think about! Keep me posted! 
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @celticknotfire thank you we are trying! How are you doing? 

@ellemarie7 thanks I am doing ok. Dh have talked a lot over the last few days. I'm shocked at how calm and collected we are about the possibility of not having any biological children. I am on metformin, exercise 5 times a week regime, low carb low cal diet,  folic acid 10mg and aspirin 100mg. Dh is taking stress tab supplement and Daxeed supplement. What's different this time is I'm also taking inhepar (injection) blood thinner and a vit B supplement called benodyctl. I've been on these for about 3 weeks and continue with them. Unfortunately we dont have the opportunity to wait as our work assignment abroad could end as early as August. But I'm anticipating at least 2-3 more weeks before we start stims. We are meeting with our doctor this week to discuss next steps. 
    @ellemarie7 how are you feeling? Getting any symptoms yet? 

He also wants to do an endometrial scratch. Has anyone done this before? I've read online about it and I'm really in 2 minds as it's supposed to be quite painful and all the studies I read said it does not increase the likelihood of getting pregnant. Thoughts? 
  • I got my schedule for my FET today and my tentative transfer date is 06/12!

@ACAC25 I've heard mixed reactions about the scratch.  It sounds like you have already done some research and if it doesn't feel right to you then don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @celticknotfire that's awesome news! I'm so happy you have a plan in place! 
    I really dont know what to do about the scratch. Part of me feels like its unnecessary considering the lack of evidence that it helps but on the other hand if it the cycle doesnt work and I dont do it I'm worried I'm going to stress that that could have made thedifference. I'm so torn.
  • @ACAC25 I completely understand what you are saying.  Are you changing anything else?  Personally if I changed a bunch of things and it wasn't successful I would worry that I changed too many things or did I change the wrong things.  It's such a tough call to make because you want to give yourself the best chance for success but don't want to have any regrets. 
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC

• ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @celticknotfire I know what you mean. Right now I dont know what the changes will be. I dont see my doctor until Friday. I am continuing to take benodyctl and inhepar which is different to my previous 2 cycles. But not sure  what else.
  • kln3879kln3879 member
    I went to the doc today and everything looks great! My little nugget is growing just fine, and his heart rate was 113. We were so worried because I started bleeding on Thursday. We couldn't find a heartbeat on Fri when I saw my doc's PA, but today we did! It was amazing!!! I can't believe that after 10 years, I could finally be a mom. I'm only thinking positively from here on out.
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @kln3879 I'm so glad to hear everything is looking good!

How is everyone else doing? 

Update: After lots and lots of discussion and tears DH and I have decided to do a sperm donor for our next (and final) round. The doctor thinks DH may have a genetic issue causing embryo failure. the doctor thinks that a sperm donor cycle will increase our odds. Currently I am on metformin and BCP and an exercise regime to hopefully help my eggs and implantation. I am having an endometrial scratch on Tuesday and then doing a scan Saturday to see if we are ready to start Gonal Daily.