September 2019 Moms

Weekly Check In (All Due Dates) w/o 3/18

2»

Re: Weekly Check In (All Due Dates) w/o 3/18

• @MsBeachNJ she is a notorious boundary-crosser, so it sadly wasn't even surprising.  Part of me wants to just wear something later this week that showcases the bump and just get it out there.  I'm sick of getting eyed up.
  • ternsetcternsetc member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 15w4d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: a pear?
    Upcoming Appointments: 3/28
    How are you feeling?: in a similar boat to the others waiting for the second tri reprieve! The nausea is edging off, but definitely still there, and headaches and bowel problems are trotting in to join it. I feel like I'm about to throw up regularly still, including right now, though actually throwing up is down to every other day or so (yay!). I asked DH this weekend if I was misremembering how good I felt in the 2nd tri last time, lol!
    Rants/Raves: Felt like it was a really good weekend, I think because DS and I had both gotten over our colds. We were busy doing stuff around the house, in addition to the usual errands and taking DS to the library etc, and I was exhausted but really happy with some of the things we got done.
    Questions: Not really
    GTKY: Who would you most like to sit next to on a 10hr flight and why? DH or no one, same as a lot of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @nightdreamr13 My NIPT was scheduled for an hr I think. All the time was to meet with the genetic counselor. They want you to be aware of the test can and can't tell you. She also reviewed my family history and discussed additional carrier screening with me. I also could have opted to do the NIPT appt with the NT ultrasound but I was so anxious for NIPT testing I split the two appointments up. I loved the NT ultrasound because it was another opportunity to see LO floating around and it was my first abdominal US. I was bitter at first that I had to have a separate appointment to meet with a genetic counselor but in the end, I appreciated it and the counselor was very knowledgeable and reassuring. 
    I also feel you pain trying to schedule a babymoon. I feel like we're running out of time to schedule something with work and not feel so guilty for following with maternity leave. I want to take advantage of the 2nd trimester and feeling good. I've never been to Bar Harbor but have always wanted to vacation in Maine. I'm off to Google your vacation...
  • Didn't think of this question earlier, but for STM/STM+, how many cup sizes did you grow and when did you do the growing. I'm at 13 weeks and definitely need to go up in size already but am trying to guess how much bigger I'll get (enter crystal ball).

I have a large size with small frame as it is so I don't get to go the cheap route due to size limitations. SO, I'm trying to buy as large as I think I might go in a sports and a nursing style and then make the most of it...
  • @nightdreamr13 My NIPT was scheduled for an hr I think. All the time was to meet with the genetic counselor. They want you to be aware of the test can and can't tell you. She also reviewed my family history and discussed additional carrier screening with me. I also could have opted to do the NIPT appt with the NT ultrasound but I was so anxious for NIPT testing I split the two appointments up. I loved the NT ultrasound because it was another opportunity to see LO floating around and it was my first abdominal US. I was bitter at first that I had to have a separate appointment to meet with a genetic counselor but in the end, I appreciated it and the counselor was very knowledgeable and reassuring. 
    I also feel you pain trying to schedule a babymoon. I feel like we're running out of time to schedule something with work and not feel so guilty for following with maternity leave. I want to take advantage of the 2nd trimester and feeling good. I've never been to Bar Harbor but have always wanted to vacation in Maine. I'm off to Google your vacation...
    Omg Acadia park us stunning. And you can drive through it so you don't have to walk the entire time. Then you just stop, get out, and take it all in. You must go to Cadillac mountain for a sunset. It's pure beauty. And it's worth staying downtown with all the cute little shops and such. Never would've thought my dream vaca would be north but man oh man....most relaxing place everrrrr. Oh and I hate warm fruit of any kind...and I hate blueberries. Their blueberry pie however ....well I'm drooling already.
  • @themadcamel Tag city!  Wow!  That's impressive!  I really like the mushroom and cheese empanada.  :)
  • @mamaber2204 lol I kept coming back to it over the course of the morning. Mushroom and cheese filling is delicious. Black bean is yummy too. I have a friend who makes them from scratch and they're amazing.
  • @themadcamel yaaasssss to the stuffy nose! So freaking annoying! It’s so bad at night, it wakes me up 🤧
  • Ahhhhhhh!! @zuuls_mom SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! Makes me want to start a “going home outfit” thread...or maybe just baby outfits...BRB!!
  • @zuuls_mom what brand is that? It's SOO pretty!!  Hoping I'll get on board with the bag-sack pajamas this time around. I always want to love them (and I love the concept!) but then I never end up using them.  Too much fabric or something, I think.  Once I had one that magneted closed (GENIUS), and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.  Then I mom-brain threw it in the dryer (open) and the damn thing magneted to all the sides of the dryer and stretched and spun and came out looking like a sad piece of old spaghetti.  RIP magnet-sack.
  • @lillywonderland YESSSS do it! I love looking at all the cute baby clothes!! 

@kiddiesandkitties it's Milkbarn. They had a special for some of their stuff on Zulily and I saw the hummingbird stuff and fell in love, but it was all sold out! So I went to the regular website and even though it was more than I like to spend on baby stuff, I couldn't resist! I think I will use it for newborn pics and/or going home outfit. I don't normally like the sack type clothes, but this was too cute to pass up. And I am SO sad to hear about your magnet sack! That really is such a bummer. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom omg I love that pattern!!!!! Is it for sleeping?
    @RedBreast35 have you tried any at home remedies for it? I haven't, but I'm open to any suggestions! I'm tired of my lips being so chapped because it's turned me into an official mouthbreather!
  • I love the gowns for newborns. @zuuls_mom we used a Milk Barn swaddle last time and it was so huge, soft and luxurious. We for the fox pattern. 
  • @themadcamel yeah, I think we'll use it for sleep and/or lounging. I don't think it'll travel in the car seat well unless I put leg warmers or something on under it. OMG LEGWARMERS! 

@janat1717 I've never used any of their products before so I am excited to see how they compare to others! I usually buy Tula blankets so I am curious to know how they stack up. H thinks Tula blankets are really cheaply made so hopefully this one doesn't unravel on the seams easily like a few of our Tula blankets did. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• edited March 2019
    @nightdreamr13 We were dubbed “vacationland” for a reason! Bar Harbor is really beautiful! As is parts of the southern coast here too!
  • Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Sept 23, 13w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Double Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: an arc reactor! I found a geeky thingee, it pleases me. 

Upcoming Appointments: had 1 Monday. Drove over an hour for them to weigh me and take my blood pressure. Ugh. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea finally seems to be abating, I'm always tired in the afternoon, and I just want warm weather

Rants/Raves: rant, None of my jeans will fasten anymore, and it is so close to better weather that I'm trying to hold off on buying maternity jeans, those things are expensive and I don't plan to do this again! Rave, I got a new trashcan for my birthday and it has thwarted the dog!

Questions: Is sitting or bending totally weird now? I feel like my belly is almost a separate entity. 

GTKY: Who would you most like to sit next to on a 10hr flight and why? An empty seat! I have flown next to too damn many chatty people (why do athletes think I care about sportsball?)

I need to read though the thread so I can reply to some of ya'll, I'm so behind on my socializing! 
  • Hi all, a little repeat intro from last week .... I introduced myself about a month ago and then disappeared.  I am a PGAL mom of a 2 year old girl and 3 losses.  The stress of being pregnant again got to me and I felt I couldn't join in more fully until I was more confident in the pregnancy. I've also been dealing with a lot personally in the past month with my daughter having the flu twice, my husband getting it once, and my having bronchitis.  On top of that my nana passed away and my husband got in a minor car accident.  Talk about a month.....Thankfully this week has been much quieter.

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 13

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ... a lemon

Upcoming Appointments: Will be seen tomorrow.  Will be able to find out the gender tomorrow as well as our NIPT results are back.  Hoping to tell family this weekend.  Will tell work 2 weeks from today.

How are you feeling?: Less nauseas this week and less exhausted than last week/weekend.
  • @zuuls_mom Still one of his favorite blankets. It's used for playtime, a sheet, the dogs wear it some and it is like new.
  • edited March 2019
    @nightdreamr13 It looks gorgeous!!!! I am definitely making it a point to get up there. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Some of the pictures remind me of the San Juan Islands which inspired me to make some camping reservations in June... which is probably a bit ambitious and impulsive. I can barely get a good night sleep in my own bed right now at 16 wks, doubt a tent is going to be very comfortable at 28 wks. 

@aca12017 Sorry you've been dealing with so much!!! I can't imagine. Hope things start turning around and you had a great appointment today.  

@cheshyre319 urrrgh, i had a similar experience Monday but thankfully didn't have 1 hr commute. The trashcan made me laugh. Have you posted a pic of your troublemaker on the board? 
  • @mainemomma8316 I'm open to suggestions on other places nearby to visit or things to do in bar harbor, places to stay etc. We liked staying downtown last time bc we could walk to everything and not worry about parking. This time we are debating driving the 12 hr and spending the night somewhere along the way (maybe nh or Kennebunkport?) And flying into Bangor  (about $700 for the 2 of us plus like $300 for a rental). The flight is only 90 mins but you figure the hr it takes us to get to this airport, getting there early, then the hr it takes to get from Bangor to bar harbor..idk if it's worth it. Then again 12 hrs on the road means lots of gas and miles on the car. Decisions....
  • @zuuls_mom girl, let's bring legwarmers back!!!!
  • @themadcamel I haven't found anything that works to help with the stuffiness.  Someone recommended Sudafed (I think, don't quote me that that's OK while KU), but I feel like I'm already taking enough meds and don't want to add more.  So I suffer, lol.  Maybe this is more for the TMI thread, but I blow my nose several times a night and it usually ends up bleeding, so I wake up with 5 bloody tissues on the nightstand  :s
  • cheshyre319  I feel you on the bending and sitting. It's so different already, I can only imagine what it will be like with an actual belly!
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • @themadcamel I am so down. Nothing cuter than a chunky baby leg busting out of a leg warmer like a sausage casing. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom I love chunky little babies!! So squishy!!!! ...but DS was never a chunker. Maybe 2.0 will be? LOL!!
  • @lillywonderland DS wasn't super chunky either! He was a lil guy. Still is. I am hoping for a big ol' chunker this time lol. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom @lillywonderland +1 for chunky babies. They look like little Shar-Peis!

• Haha my son was almost 9lbs and only 19in! He was a chub & ate and slept sooo well! I hope I get a chub again.
    Here he is at 3 days old all swaddled up and in his wedge 😍

• @sahm89 Look at those cheeks!  How adorable!
  • @kaceyallan oh yeah, it's going to be a wild ride and adjustment that's for sure!