July 2019 Moms
Options

Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 3/18

2»

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 3/18

• Options
    @Panaceia I would definitely err on the side of caution and get it checked. Keep us posted! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia thank goodness!! What a relief 
  • Options
    I’m just catching up. Glad all is okay, @Panaceia. Now rest this weekend!
  • Options
    @Panaceia So glad to hear everything is OK! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. PGAL brain had me spinning for a while but the US put my mind at ease. SO is still freaked out but hopefully he'll start to feel more comfortable once he sees that it was (hopefully) a one time harmless thing.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 25+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Napa cabbage

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl

Upcoming Appointments: first Wednesday in April

How are you feeling?: Pregnant. Very visibly with child. I have to pee all the time, but I’ve also been drinking more water. Related? Maybe.

Rants/Raves:  What a week. I didn’t get a chance to check in here until Thursday, and I missed everyone! So, earlier this week I tripped and fell while I was out running. I’m honestly surprised it didnt happened earlier—I usually have an exercise-related fall once a month or so. I’ve  learned some tricks on how to fall over the years, so I was able to avoid landing on my stomach. I was a bit shaken up, but let an internet search (and lack of negative symptoms) reassure me that baby was most likely fine. I was also out of town for work, which complicated the matter of seeking medical care. So then on Thursday I come on here and see that @Panaceia also had a spill this week, and I got all worried and felt super irresponsible for not calling my doctor. So I guiltily called, only to have her lecture me for not calling sooner. She ultimately said it was probably fine (no bleeding, baby is still kicking around like normal), which was a relief, but I still felt awful. Especially since if I had been back at home not working, I probably would have called and tried to go in. So, do you all call your doctor for everything? How do you know what merits medical attention and what doesn’t? I thought it was fine since there was no abdominal trauma, but...apparently not? Are we not supposed to assess our own risks anymore? Honest questions here. 

Questions: haha, see my novel above.

GTKY: Which of the dos and don'ts of pregnancy do you actually follow (food, heavy lifting, etc)? I’m a big rule-follower in general, but also I don’t like runny eggs, don’t lift, and don’t eat much deli meat in general, so that was all easy. I’ve had sips of alcohol. I’ve been avoiding raw fish, but I eat med-rare steak on occasion. I drink coffee if I want it. 

• Options
    @pizzaplz I'm so sorry you had a fall. It's the worst:( I fell at work with my first around 26 weeks, landed on my belly, and broke my ankle and shoulder and baby was totally fine. This fall was not too bad and I was pretty certain baby was ok, but PGAL brain is still killing me. I don't call for most things but if it's something out of the ordinary that concerns me then I figure a quick call to my OB for their opinion is worth it. I never go in unless my OB tells me to. I usually Google first and see Google's opinion before I make the call though:) How are you feeling now? Better hopefully? 
  • Options
    Thanks, @Panaceia. Gosh, both of your falls sound so scary. It’s amazing how resilient our bodies are, though! I am feeling better now—my right shoulder and hip have been very sore since it happened, but that’s getting better every day. One of my amazing friends gave me her old pregnancy body pillow yesterday, which was amazing to sleep on and really helped with the hip pain. And baby girl has been kicking around a lot, so I feel comforted knowing she’s up to her usual tricks in there. It seems like no harm was done, and I’m hopeful. 
  • Options
    @pizzaplz I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm sure baby girl is perfect in there:)