Babies on the Brain

WRW March 2019

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: what’s your go to when you’ve had a long, stressful, hard day?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW March 2019

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Discussions start August 2019

What brings you to WRW?
    Gaining knowledge and having a community

Any R/R?
    It’s been a hard month for me. I was officially diagnosed with depression last Friday (which I’ve already known for some time). I’m doing better but I’ve been struggling to find joy in the little things of each day which used to come naturally to me. Some days I just feel like I’m going through the motions. I suppose my Rave is that it’s almost the weekend and this week went really fast! An additional rave is that my puppy goes bonkers whenever my husband picks me up from my bus stop after work and it totally makes my day each time. 

I love a good bath with some music and candles and bubbles. I also enjoy a good book and movie/tv show.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When do you think you will start TTC?
    *shurgs* Who knows, LOL. This answer changes every month. 

What brings you to WRW?
    Being able to talk to others, r/r, vent...

Any R/R?
    So much rant...so little time....I will try to be short. We are still bouncing back from bad financing on our part. My MIL is a continuous disappointment when it comes to her grandchild because she makes plans to come over, then after she was already supposed to be at our house lets me know she won't be there. I got sick over the past few days, all sinus stuff so unfortunately it's a wait it out situation. I was planning on going back to college in the summer but that's delayed now.

Rave: My mom visited this past weekend and did SO MUCH to help me out it felt wonderful and so stress free. My DH has an interview tomorrow a job using his college degree! *fingers crossed*

If I can play video games that really helps me because I can just zone out and forget.

@jackie_dunny Your puppy sounds so cute! I understand your struggle with depression. I am on meds because of my anxiety that causes some depression. I stopped trying to find my happiness in little things and just went with how I felt that day instead of feeling guilty about the bad days I have. That helps me.
  • Loading the player...
  • @thatcma ugh your MIL sounds like a handful. Have you tried talking to her about how it disappoints LO and DH? I’m sorry you’re not feeling well and that plans have changed :( I’m glad your mom was able to help and take some stress off. GL to YH on the job interview! Thanks for the advice. I always carry too much guilt and beat myself up so I have work on accepting my bad days. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny DH has spoken to her twice before. She is always sorry and expresses understanding to do better...then she doesn't. So I stopped planning my day around her, and instead do what I want and if she decides to come over she can adjust her time to fit what I am doing. I also decided that if my daughter doesn't know her that well I won't feel guilty for it, since I have always been open to whenever she wanted to come over.
  • I really feel like days are going by really fast tbh, I can't believe it's march already. You're puppy sounds adorable. I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute helpful wise for your depression, I have no experience on the subject and always am afraid of saying something wrong instead of helpful...I'm just hoping you feel better.

@thatcma Honestly I think that's the best way to feel, if MIL dosn't want take the time to visit with her gandchild it's nobody's fault but her own. Kids grow up so fast and I just hope she realizes that she might regret not taking the opportunity while she had the chance.

When do you think you will start TTC?

I'm hoping to start August of this year.

What brings you to WRW?
    I've just really needed a place to chat with other like minded people.

Any R/R?
    Okay...it's been an interesting few weeks. I was able a take a mini vacation, my husband and I went to visit his parent's they live kinda far away from us so we haven't seen them since chritmas. It was a nice visit we even got to visit with my sister-in-law and her family.
    So I'm gonna make this shorter. I started having these weird symptoms and at first I didn't think any thing of it, but then of course like always with me I thought 'Maybe I actually pregnant..' and I pushed the thought away because I'm never right when it comes to predicting my own pregnancy...but my symptoms kept progressing and I looked at my period traker and I wasn't supposed to get my period for another two weeks...so I set a reminder in case I actually miss the period.

This morning I got up not feeling well...so I sat up on the computer for awhile and my husband slept in...sometime in the afternoon I relized I was bleeding. Honestly I set in the bathroom and cried...my husband wanted to know if I was okay and I told him that I'm just really disappointed. Not only was I not pregnant but I started my period two weeks early....I'm just in a ton of pain right now.

GTKY what's your go to when you've had a long, stressful, hard day?
    I love to take a nice hot bath...which I can't do where I currently live. But I do like to relax and read or watch youtube videos.
    Me: 24 H:37
  • @thatcma I agree with china doll, that’s the best way to handle it. Just a shame and I feel for you. 

@chinadoll2522 thanks for the kind words. I’m sorry you’re in so much pain :( I hope YH was able to bring you some comfort and I hope you feel a bit better today. CD1 is always hard, but especially so when it’s not expected and you got your hopes up 

DH and I started running last night. He HATES running but exercise is not only good for physical health but it’s really good for your mental health as well so we’re going to give that a go. I’m so lucky that he’s willing to run with me so I’m not alone. I didn’t even have to ask, he just said I’m not going through this alone, we’re going through it together. I never thought I’d be that woman who runs with her husband and dog after work 😂 wish me luck! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @chinadoll2522 Sorry for what you are dealing with :( CD1 that comes earlier than it should is always frustrating. =/ Glad you had a good trip though!

@jackie_dunny My DH and our friend run every morning. He tried convincing me to go with him...obviously not successful! I can't run. It just takes too much out of me. Just keep encouraging him. Our friend didn't think she could do it every day and they are now at an 11min mile!
  • @thatcma it’s not him that needs the encouragement, it’s me 😂 he cheers me on as we run and tells me how great I’m doing. I also hate running but I hate being depressed/anxious more. We’re not doing a lot at the moment, just getting into the swing of things for now. Just a 10 minute run around the block. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers