August 2019 Moms
Options

Pregnancy pillows

Typing this at 12:28am as a roll around trying to sleep & I feel at 17 weeks it is time to make a purchase. Curious what pregnancy pillows everyone is using? My amazon search has me overwhelmed 

Re: Pregnancy pillows

• Options
    BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited March 2019
    I have a cheap U shaped pillow.  I sleep with it under my ribs so the arms go far enough to reach my feet. 2 regular pillows under the head.  Usually one arm of the pillow goes to support my back and the other to support my belly/knees,  but it's flexible in its uses which is great since changing position I found was the most effective way too minimize hip pain etc.

It definitely doesn't eliminate pain or waking up frequently for me but it usually helped me get longer stretches of sleep than I would have otherwise. 

The topic of pregnancy pillows has come up several times already so you may find other opinions by searching the group (but they may be buried in threads).

Please intro in the intro thread if you haven't already and join in the group discussions (I couldn't see any post history on your profile but i can see you just joined a few days ago - you'll probably get better feedback if you participate and become part of the community rather than just posting your own threads)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    Yes been using the Bump since week 4 but recently discovered this community portion. Had tough time responding to other threads when I’ve attempted. It kept saying I had to sign in again :( 

will try try to search history for answers before proposing any new discussions 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @xxscooper31xx Welcome! yes the bump does like to hide this forum for some reason. It may take a little bit of time to get used to us, but if you read the post that says **Read this first** it will give you an idea of how things work here.
    We are trying to create a community, therefore, we discourage one off posts, instead we recommend that you post on the weekly threads that are already there. And as @BigBadWolf12 recommended definitely take a look to see if this is something we covered before. Because in fact we had an entire thread dedicated to maternity clothes and pillows.
    Not sure why it was giving you a hard time with your sign-in, hope you can get that worked out, though you probably already did since it let you start a discussion...
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    I have the Leachco Snoogle and I love it. The only downside is the cover is a PIA to put on after washing. I literally sweat when I do it! I'd recommend purchasing a jersey cover with a little more stretch to make it easier. :) 
  • Options
    I just use a standard body pillow but it works for me... for now!
  • Options
    I agree with @ElcaB, Snoogle is THE BEST. I've been using it this time since about week 12. I, too, cannot replace the pillow cover without breaking into a sweat and epithets, so whatever makes it easiest, go with that. Also, I shower at night (and have moved to the spare room to have the other bed all to myself) so I don't feel bad only washing it every other weekend because I'm the only one touching it and I wash & change my sheets every week.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)