March 2019 Moms

What did you do before you went into labor?

I am 39w3d first time mama. I was dilated 4cm at my 38 week appointment, and 5cm at my 39 week appointment. No real contractions yet, and I am not always able to feel my braxton hicks. I do get cramps, which have been off and on for a full month.

Because of my dilation I was told I could go into labor at any moment back at 38 weeks. I am now having a hard time trying to not be anxious or obsessed with the thought of "is it about to happen?". So as a fun distraction... what were you mamas doing before labor happened? Anything you think put you into labor? What was the moment you realized it was happening?!

Re: What did you do before you went into labor?

• I was also told it could be anytime or could be awhile at 37.5 weeks. I had my daughter the day before my due date. The night before, I believe I passed my mucus plug. I went for a short walk, maybe 1/2 mile, that evening. Woke up in the wee hours with contractions. I'd woken up with mild ones before, but these were stronger. I waited through a few before waking up my H. I still thought they could be just strong BH (which I'd been having) through the first couple. 

With my first, my water broke before I went into labor four days before my due date. So I was expecting and looking for labor to start, and the contractions slowly picked up over the next few hours.