April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check-In w/o 3/6

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? 

Re: Week 3 Check-In w/o 3/6

• Options
    kayceebaby1kayceebaby1 member
    edited March 2019
    Due date: 4/16/19

Any appointments? Questions?  Had two yesterday... No more for a couple weeks.

Rants/Raves? 

Raves: love working hourly and having a supportive husband. Im working two days this week and it is pure Bliss to have that down time to recuperate my cankles!

How are you feeling? Like I'm sharing my body with a cuddly toddler.... He's really up in that rib cage recently!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

Nothing too crazy... Unpacked a couple of bags of clothes. Our shower is this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be busy next week!

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?

I love when people do the pay it forward train in the coffee drive thru!

• Options
    Due date: 4/23 or 4/18 likely induced week of the 8th

Any appointments? Nope 

Questions? Nope

Rants/Raves? My DH seems to have finally gotten on board to do all the things cause we are running out of time. 

Also swamp crotch. Ugh. 

How are you feeling? Tired, sore, have to pee all the time. Also my pubic bones/hips now do a lot of weird clicking noise/feeling that is super uncomfortable and unpleasant. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Planned out every weekend from now till my due date so that we can actually get everything moved/cleaned/prepped beforehand. Hopefully, lol. 

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? Probably bought me a meal in a pay it forward kinda way. Or paid for something when my card was malfunctioning at like fast food or grocery store. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: I have 2 weeks and 6 days left until we meet this guy!

Any appointments? Questions? Weekly appointments; I have one today.

Rants/Raves? Rave: DD is freaking adorable. I just love the heck out of that girl. (But no one else, besides DH, can drive me as crazy as she does).

Rant: I'm tired of pain. Back, sciatic, hip. It all sucks.

How are you feeling? Good except for what I just ranted about.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We finished most of our registry shopping. Just a few things left to get. The rest of the stuff I ordered off of Etsy has shipped so we should be done soon. My mama is a saint and bought some nursing jammies, bras and undies. 

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? This is hard. I've had strangers pay for my food in the drive through line but I feel like if I think about it, I can come up with something better. I'm pretty happy about the check out person at QT this morning only charged me for my sandwich and not my drink. That was pretty awesome.

• Options
    Due date: April 16

Any appointments? Questions? Next appointment in a week when I start weekly growth US.

Rants/Raves? Just found out that since I will not be returning to work for 90 days between disability leave for the accident and disability leave for this pregnancy that they will treat it as one leave. Which means the time I am taking off for my broken ankle will eat into my maternity leave benefits! Only in the US is having a baby treated EXACTLY the same as breaking an ankle.

How are you feeling? Pretty frustrated and discouraged. It is hard for me to not be able to do anything without assistance. I am a very independent person who is usually the one taking care of everyone else so it is really difficult for me to be so reliant on other people.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Nope. Only thing I did this week was rest and elevate my leg.

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you? Handed me tissues while I was sobbing on an airplane. We had missed our connection home from Christmas and the gate agent had really given us the run around. I was juggling both kids on my own while 5 months pregnant. I held it together until we got on the plane and then completely lost it. She handed me a travel pack of tissues and told me that I was a good mom which only made me cry harder.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @eli_belle 😡😡😡😡😡
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions?  NST today

Rants/Raves?  I'm tired of craving sweets

How are you feeling? Freaking exhausted all the time

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I spent the week organizing clothes that DD has grown out of. I still have to go through sizes 6-12m

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?  I honestly don't know

• Options
    Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? Next week, thanks for the reminder

Rants/Raves? Rave and rant: We have finally moved into my inlaws upstairs suite after 5 weeks of living out of a suitcase. I'm loving our new home and so is DD and the inlaws are great company and support. However the day after we moved in, 1 of my 2 SIL (the other one lives downstairs and is loving this new arrangement) let herself in, walked around our new place without being invited (not sure if she even said hi to me) then spazzed and swore at DH with a series of unfair and untrue accusations... while I was clearly there with DD trying to get her ready for a nap. I feel uncomfortable with the whole situation, and she hasn't even apologized even though the rest of the family is on board with us being here and don't feel taken advantage of about living downstairs. She doesn't even live here, like the rest of the family. It felt really inappropriate and although the rest of the family assured me she was acting out of jealousy and her anger is really about other issues, the incident feels really upsetting to me. 

@mrstmoose Your rave and rant is basically word for word what I could say, haha.

How are you feeling? Exhausted! And getting up to pee is so painful on my body, every step makes me wince. I'm averaging about 5 broken hours of sleep a night this week.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Yes! Bought diapers, packed up most of my hospital bag, started organizing newborn stuff at our new place.

GTKY: What’s the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?  I was having a terrible day while dating DH (he was in Africa for 3 months and I missed him a lot) and some young folks were singing a really encouraging Christian song at the bus station while I was waiting for the bus and I felt cared about and not alone and it turned my day around.

• Options
    @eli_belle oh no! I’m so upset for you. That’s totally unfair.