Infertility
Options

Enlarged Ovaries - does it get better?

Hi all,

I had my IUI this morning... I've been on Menopur for the last 12 or so days and the bloat is INSANE. Doctor said i have lots of follicles and my ovaries are a little enlarged i guess hence all the bloating... I know that at the end of this 2 weeks it will either turn into a period and go back to normal ( i think) or turn into a  pregnancy... For those that have gotten preg, does the feeling of constant discomfort in your stomach get a little better? I'm currently walking around like im 6 months pregnant because of the enlarged ovaries, im in pain and uncomfortable. IF a pregnancy happens, does this mean my ovaries will be enlarged the whole pregnancy and ill be feeling this terrible the whole time?! I hope this is all making sense- i'm prettty freaked out right now.

Re: Enlarged Ovaries - does it get better?

• Options
    I dont know about a successful cycle (we just had our first failed IVF in january). But my ovaries and follicles were large and I was in discomfort, sore and insanely bloated. I felt like I was waddling and looked 5 months pregnant. I was sore after my retrieval. The swelling went down about 5 days post retrieval and the discomfort went away about a week after that. 
    I hope this helps
  • Options
    Thank you that does help... did you feel like your ovaries swelling went down before your period came? Or was it right about the same time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. The swelling went down about 4 days after my transfer and I was walking normally again. TMI but certain positions for DTD was still a tiny bit sore 7 days after transfer (14 days after stopping stims) but by the time my period came a few days later I was feeling pretty normal again.