Infertility
Options

April 2019 FETs

Re: April 2019 FETs

• Options
    @sadubey that is a clear positive! Fingers crossed for your beta now! Very exciting :) and good news on the progesterone check. 

I was so tired going to sleep last night that naturally I started thinking what if the walking and going out to dinner we did after were the wrong thing to do and maybe I should have just gone hone to lay in bed. This morning I’m flying for work and in hopes of packing light for just 1 night I took a small bag with me. Carrying it through the airport I kept thinking what if it’s too heavy and it’ll impact the results of the transfer. I hate that I’ll be second guessing everything until next Saturday and driving myself crazy! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @tulips29 thank you! So to try to put your mind at ease (I mean I know it never really eases once this process gets started!) I was not able to rest after my transfer or over the weekend! We had my first baby's birthday party on Saturday and family in town and I had a ton of papers due for the end of the semester classes! I wasn't just on my feet; I was toting around a 24lb kid, running around decorating, cooking, cleaning, the works! I was so angry at myself for not taking me time and just knew the transfer didn't work. I started testing the evening of 3dp5dt (I know, I know, I'm a total masochist). I got super faint lines 4dp5dt I chalked up to evap lines on FRER and first "real" line 5dp5dt. Try not to stress about what you are or are not doing right. Much easier said than done though, right? ♥️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sadubey yay!!! Hopefully that line keeps getting darker!!
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh not bitchy at all. Your feelings are justifiable. I applaud you for actually speaking your truth and expressing your feelings. I think deep down we all feel this way but not many have the courage to express it worrying they will come off bitchy, jealous, envious, etc. I know I was one of those people last January and moped on the inside. Even when October 2018 rolled around I was feeling this way because it was my supposed due date and instead I was still hurt over the failed cycle. I hope that eventually this becomes a distant memory and you’ll be celebrating a successful cycle soon! 

@sadubey you’re absolutely right, it is easier said than done. But thank you for saying all this. I feel like we can’t win either way - if a cycle fails, we blame all the possible factors, including carrying heavy things, running around, etc. if a cycle works we say none of those things had an affect. (insert eye roll emoji)

Do any of you ladies take metformin and have been instructed to stop taking it post transfer? My nurse didn’t say anything about it. I have a call out to them but also feel like I’m the annoying patient calling with constant questions. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @sadubey that is a clear positive if I've ever seen one! Fingers crossed! Can't wait to hear!
    @wifeinraleigh28 girl, that is NOT bitchy. That is normal. I think I can accurately say there is not one person that would expect you to maintain the spreadsheet or check in. What you went through SUCKS. It is just plain awful and unfair, like so many things during this awful IF process. Be kind and gentle to yourself. We'll be here when you want/are ready for a friend. 
    **TW**
    Me: 31, DH:33
    TTC since October 2015: MFI
    Summer 2016: 3 IUI's: BFN
    October 2016: Switched RE's and began IVF cycle 
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
    August 25, 2017: It's a Girl!!
    April 12, 2019: FET, BFP!!! Baby BOY EDD: 12/29/2019
  • Options
    Well it looks like @sadubey , @crookshanks10 , and I will all have our betas 3 days in a row. Mine will now be on April 28th (9dp5dt), crookshank on the 29th and sadubey on the 30th (I think?). Hoping for lots of high numbers! 

Got to FaceTime my husband and show him a positive digital pregnancy test from this am- he was excited :-) hoping this one or two is/ are sticky ones.. but I’ve got some PTSD from the February miscarriage. 

@wifeinraleigh28 and @italianmommy8 many of us on this journey have unfortunately been in your shoes and definitely you guys need to do whatever is best for you emotionally. Infertility sucks. 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I’m so sorry to hear you are in beta hell. As you may remember I experienced that in my last cycle along with fears of an ectopic pregnancy. Mine doubled just barely but were so low that my RE was cautious even when we saw the heartbeat on the monitor. I hope you get resolution, preferably positively, soon.

AFM, I had my transfer today. Embryo was great and mostly hatched. The transfer was uneventful, which is good I suppose. I’ve managed to continue feeling pretty detached despite pills/shots/patches 4-5 times a day. Not really thinking about it much except when one of my many reminders goes off to tell me it’s time to stick myself, shove a pill inside, or slap on some new patches. I am taking the rest of the day off, mostly because I’m fighting a cold and I’m tired and want an excuse to nap on the couch. Going to go do that now.
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 congrats on your transfer! And that’s great that the embryo was mostly hatched. Now fx for great news in 10 days! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @tulips29 you ain't lying!!! This whole process is a complete mind f$&@! 
    @ittybittybug-2 congratulations on being PUPO! Lots of baby dust!
  • Options
    @ittybittybug-2 FX! Hope your 2ww flies by! @italianmommy8 I’m sorry to hear everything your going through. Hoping and praying you get answers soon @somewhereinnyc @crookshanks10 @sadubey FX for strong betas!
    @Isthisthereallife awesome betas!! When is ultrasound?
    @Tulips29 congrats on your transfer! FX!
    @wifeinraleigh28 I’m so sorry, this journey is super hard, stressful and many times disappointing. Most of us have had those same disappointments, and it just sucks. Try your best to look at the positive. Your next transfer (which will be a BFP!) will be here before you know it! Prayers!

quick update, been nauseous since last Friday. Struggled through work all week until today and decided to call in sick. This morning (which for me is all day) sickness is no joke. It’s like I’m hungover non-stop! I’ll take the bad with the good however :)
    Ultrasound is on Monday 4/29 to find out if both of them implanted. Super excited but nervous knowing there’s a good chance we won’t hear the heartbeat since transfer was only on 4/1. 
  • Options
    Diagnosed ectopic today measuring 5weeks 6 days today 😔
  • Options
    Ultrasound today showed Sac and the baby measuring 5w6d (I am 5w3d today) in right tube. Waiting for blood work back and was told to come back tomorrow to take a methomexate shot and can’t try again for 3 months 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I'm so sorry to hear this news. Sending lots of love your way.
  • Options
    Thanks @mackorori means a lot struggling over here 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs and hoping your recovery is smooth and quick. 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I am so sorry you're going through this. Sending lots of love your way! ♥️
  • Options
    Beta came back at 202. Second beta is on Tuesday. It was my second beta last time that did not increase nearly enough (even though first beta was good) so I’m pretty nervous.. 
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc Congratulations! Hoping those numbers just keep rising!
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc that looks like a great starting point! FX it rises Tuesday! 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I’m so sorry about your news. Praying for a quick recovery and sending you virtual hugs! 

@somewhereinnyc ahh, congrats girl! FX for a strong second beta on Tuesday. 

AFM - day 4 post transfer today and I don’t feel a thing both physically and emotionally. It’s a bizarre feeling which scares me a bit from time to time. Sometimes I forget that the transfer even happened. I can’t seem to bring myself to feel excitement so I don’t feel a huge letdown after. 6 more days until beta...

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @italianmommy8 I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm thinking of you and sending you big hugs.
    @somewhereinnyc I have my fx for your next beta! 
    @Tulips29 FX for you!!

I just went to the lab and had my bloodwork done. I told the REs office to leave the results on my VM so I can listen to them with my husband which will not be until like 4pm today!! Really hoping to get a positive, as I haven't tested yet. So nervous!!
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 good luck! hoping you get the good news later today! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    mackororimackorori member
    edited April 2019
    @crookshanks10 fingers crossed for great news!!

@ellis1983 good luck with your ultrasound today
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 Fx for you!!

@ellis1983 hope you get wonderful ultrasound news

@Tulips29 that might be kinda normal after a BFN cycle? Like.. self preservation. Also, if it’s a natural cycle FET it’s physically easy to forget that you’re in a FET cycle. Hope you get some good news soon. 
  • Options
    @italianmommy8 I'm so sorry for your news. Sending you lots of positive thoughts during this time. 
    @ellis1983 Good luck at ultrasound!! Can't wait to hear the results! I'm glad you're keeping a good expectation that there might not be a HB yet. That's scary but at least you're going in knowing! 
    @somewhereinnyc great first beta!! Hope tomorrows keeps rising! Fingers crossed!
    @crookshanks10 fingers crossed for good news! That's amazing self control to have it on VM and not listen until you're with hubby. Way to go!
    @Tulips29 You've been through so much. I think what you're feeling is normal...trying to protect yourself. Keeping the faith for you that the tww will be over soon and you'll have some good news! 
    @ittybittybug-2 how you feeling after transfer??

AFM: I have my 3rd beta tomorrow and then scheduled for ultrasound on the 6th at 6w. They wanted to do it Friday the 10th at 6w5d but I'm a nervous nancy and really want to see how it's going. I just have to set the expectation that we might not see the HB yet and not freak out...which is easier said than done of course. I'm always good for a couple days after good news, but then I start to get nervous until the next appointment. I don't know that this process ever gets easier. Does the worry ever stop? 

**TW**
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
  • Options
    Well ya'll, I'm not pregnant. 
  • Options
    crookshanks10 I am so so sorry. :( Be kind and gentle with yourself and take the time you need to heal from this. 
    **TW**
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 not what I was hoping to hear, so sorry about this. Big hugs for you. 
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 so sorry to hear. I’m hopeful that you will have success on your next cycle ❤️
  • Options
    sadubeysadubey member
    edited April 2019
    Beta test results: 11dp5dt - 272

• Options
    @crookshanks10 I am so sorry! Sending lots of virtual hugs to you! ♥️
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 i'm so sorry! big hugs! there are no words...this just sucks 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @sadubey congratulations! great first beta! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    Congrats sadubey! That's a great first beta! 
    **TW**
  • Options
    Thank you for all the kind words everyone. Sadly I’m STILL struggling with the fact this cycle didn’t work and it’s been 2 weeks today since my beta. I can’t shake this feeling of doom that we’ll never see success again. How am I ever supposed to get excited to do all this again? If any of you who’ve had failed cycles in the past have any words of wisdom I’m all ears!

I'm so sorry @crookshanks10. Hearing that news is just plain awful. I’m here to share in your misery if you need someone to talk to :cry:

@italianmommy8 there are no words. I don’t even know what to say other than I’m just so sorry you are going through this right now.

@Tulips29 I am holding out SO much hope for you right now. If you get a BFP I’ll be soooo excited. I feel personally invested in your journey as I feel like I’ve been following in your footsteps since 2015 (literally).

Congrats to those of you getting those amazing betas!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @ellis1983 I have been thinking that might be the case with your betas, congratulations!!

@wifeinraleigh28 I wish I had the perfect words of wisdom on this one. I've only had this one FET, but we did have an IVF cycle with six perfect looking embryos that came back all chromosomally abnormal. That came with a lot of grief and fear that we could just be spending all this time, money, messing with my hormones, etc. and maybe would have nothing to show for it.The counselor at my support group said we can do everything perfect and it doesn't work sometimes, something we hate to hear but unfortunately a reality. You have living proof that your body can handle this process, so that's a lot of hope right there! Lots of love to you getting through all of this.
  • Options
    @ellis1983 I logged on just now just to see if there was an update from you! So exciting! You must be over the moon! What a sweet picture of those little beans. Thank you for what you said too. I’m not giving up.

@mackorori ugh this process is just so hard. And you’re right. Sometimes it just doesn’t work but sometimes it does! I’m looking forward to seeing a cute u/s pic from you too soon 😊
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Was in hospital again last night. Got the methotrexate shot Sunday morning. This morning I’m at RMA and they did ultrasound and found a pregnancy with a yolk sac in the uterus (they thought it was a small fluid sac measuring 2.5 on Saturday) measuring bigger today with a yolk sac and confirming ectopic in the right tube. I dont think they were able to sed the ectopic in the tube this morninh but confirmed it on Saturday. We only transferred one embryo.
  • Options
    ellis1983 OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!! How exciting! So thrilled for you all!!!

@italianmommy8 oh my goodness girl. What does that mean? Does that mean there was another pregnancy?? One ectopic and one in the uterus? Is the one in the uterus still growing? I can't imagine what you're going through. Thinking of you.

**TW**