April 2019 Moms

GTKY w/o 3/4

Since we don't have Weeks 1-4 and STM+ check-ins up, and I'm too lazy to create them, here's a GTKY.

Tell us about a childhood memory you cherish
and/or
Share the meaning behind your screen name

Re: GTKY w/o 3/4

• Loading the player...
  • Childhood memory: My mother made me a baby carriage out of wire as a gift when I was around 5-7 years old. I appreciated it when she gave it to me, but one day I was really upset with her and felt unloved; I don't remember the argument we had. I threw it away because I was mad at her and didn't regret it until a long time later when I realized she had made that out of love for me, by hand, and I remember how intricate it was. It was a symbol of her love for me. The baby carriage is only a memory now, but I think it means more to me, knowing I threw away something so meaningful, than had I kept it all those years.
  • Oops, didn’t see this thread and made the check ins anyway. But I love this. 

I have so many great childhood memories. But I think the height of fun and imagination in my childhood was during all the times my cousins and I would get together at my grandparents’ house. For a short time several cousins lived nearby and the grandparents’ house was a nice middle ground to meet at, where we were always welcome and fed. And grandma kept some thrift store prom dresses in her play rooms and my cousins and I would dress up and be Narnia princesses and create magical lands and quests. I wish I was still close to those cousins. But the memories are precious. And grandma is so appreciated. 
  • My screen name comes from being married to a blueberry farmer and being a mom. Not super creative lol
  • My screen name comes from my love for Greg Maddux, a former baseball player. Everyone thinks it’s one of my kids name. I stopped correcting. 
    It was my aim when I was in high school. And kind of stuck with me.
  • My screen name comes from my love for Greg Maddux, a former baseball player. Everyone thinks it’s one of my kids name. I stopped correcting. 
    It was my aim when I was in high school. And kind of stuck with me.
    We can never be friends - signed, a diehard Indians fan who is still not over 95. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Pretty much any childhood memory with my Bompa. He was the best, had a great sense of humor, and also loved his grandkids so much. His cure-all for being sick was applesauce and ginger ale (I still use this when I’m sick). He always called everyone (his kids, grandkids, my Grandma) by nicknames - mine was Jellcakes, which was from Jellybean because I was born the day before Easter. I’ve been thinking about him a lot because I was also born the day before his and my Grandma’s wedding anniversary and he would say I was the best anniversary gift he ever got. Now I’m due 2 days before their anniversary and am secretly hoping that LO chooses to come out then. 
  • My (very polish) grandpa and his twin brother used to own a music store where they taught lessons (piano, voice, acordian, etc).  They used to have a polka band and travel all over the country and were well known in their time.  My brother and I used to get to go there while he was working and he'd always get us each a giant cookie from the vending machine and let us watch the lessons and "play" the acordian haha.  He has really bad dementia now and doesn't always remember who I am, but asks if I'm a fan of polka music and if I've married "a good polish man" which always makes me smile.  
  • My username is a combo of my first initial, my maiden name and tree 🌲

I use it for a lot.

One of my favorite childhood memories....

winter- sledding in NEPA getting donuts 🍩 family reunions. 

I liked a lot of my childhood and have lots of fun memories. But right now thinking about crunchy snow and sleds and cold noses is high on the list.