Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Special Mardi Gras Edition!

As your Louisiana state rep, I want to wish one and all a Happy Mardi Gras!

What's your guilty pleasure?

Remember on this day of shock and debauchery that pleasure is defined not by shock value or level of debauchery, but that which brings you the utmost joy. And we all know what guilty means. ^_~*

p.s. PLEASE take some time to indulge today! Mardi Gras is the last day before the season of Lent, and it's here for us to experience intense and indulgent joy before sacrifice must come. So many of us on this journey participate in a lot of sacrifice, so please do something for yourselves on this holy Mardi Gras day!

Re: GTKY: Special Mardi Gras Edition!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 OMG me too! I hate the Kardashians but I can't stop stalking all the updates.

@inthewoods23 going along with the above, I also love hearing about other people's drama. I just hate it in my own life  :D
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 & @b_1029 Agree 100% HAHAH. 

And yes - so much food. I was about to put HIO as one of mine but I don't feel guilty about it! 

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Omg @shamrocandroll I love Forensic Files. I've watched it for years!
  • Options
    @ruby696 I think I've probably seen every episode at this point, haha.  Between my sister and I staying up late at night watching it in high school and Netflix having it now, I must be close.  Google says there are 406 in total.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I've watched it for years randomly, but last year I started at episode 1 on Netflix. I have one season left to go. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of that fact. MH jokes that I'm going to make us start over once we finish it. Um, yep, I probably will.
  • Options
    @ruby696 MH doesn't watch it with me.  It's not his thing at all.  And he thinks it's weird that I like it as much as I do.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll you reminded me that I love watching dateline lol. 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll MH was pretty excited during the season that focused on a larger variety of types investigations, but otherwise is pretty "meh" about it. He usually reads in bed until it's over and I fall asleep. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom If your guilty pleasures were I place, I would love to visit LOL. 
    TW
  • Options
    One of my coworkers bought in one of those gigantic buckets of cheese balls today and I'm over here like...

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Is it too late to add cheese balls/cheetos? @shamrocandroll just triggered a need for them!  :D
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 RIGHT!?  I can't buy them because I will eat the entire bucket.  I came in this morning and yelled "Who did this!?"  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll @brookert615 I have a bunch of friends who only like those cheese balls when they are slightly stale? IS THAT A THING? or are these friends weird? I don't love... things that leave sticky orange dust behind (I hate Doritos don't @ me), though I can get into a cheese ball or ten every now and then....
  • Options
    watching my reality tv shows like The Bachelor, Survivor, Married at First Sight, Rupaul's Drag Race. And then listening to podcast recaps of these episodes as well as going to reddit to see what people are saying. Indulging in a high quality face mask. Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints (but they have to be kept in the freezer). Getting drinks from Starbucks occasionally. The list goes on and on. :D
  • Options
    Teen movies/tv shows, walking aimlessly around Walmart or Target, but then buying like two things, Mormon mommy blogs (I’m not LDS), margaritas, Mexican food, Crawfish
  • Options
    @lcking82 I got my first crawfish beads today! And we ate some two days ago. I love an onion in the boil. Hope you get as many as you want this season. 
  • Options
    Is it weird that I kind of don't think you should feel guilty about things that give you pleasure? There's so much awfulness in the world that if something makes you happy, so be it :)
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    lcking82lcking82 member
    edited March 2019
    @kagesstarshroom:  im obsessed with crawfish. My college had crawfish boils for everything, our rehearsal dinner was a crawfish boil, and I go to at least a couple of boils every year!  I particularly loved when we lived in Houston, because a ton of bars offered all-you-can-eat crawfish. Seriously my favorite food. Also, try tossing whole garlic in too — of course don’t forget potatoes/corn/sausage!
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited March 2019
    @kagesstarshroom I think your friend is crazy! Anything crunchy covered in cheese whether or not it’s stale is irresistible 😂😂😂. I get the whole cheese on the fingers thing... the trick is to just open the bag and pour into your mouth! 😉

edit: words!
    TW
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ Even though I created this thread, I do agree. I just read this article in Bitch magazine about how guilty pleasures are super feminized-- like, as women we are made to feel bad about things we like that are marketed to us like "chick lit," but dudes liking super "masculine" stuff is encourages and rewarded. I think we can't help, though, but see certain things we like as "guilty" because of the way popular culture has laid out that framework for us, regardless of if that is good for us/outer self perception or not, so good on you for trying to keep your pleasures as such minus any guilty society might try to forster in us for having pleasure as women. Don't even get me started in female orgasms being constructed in pop culture as vehicles for the male gaze rather than our own pleasure... Sigh. Anyway, I can get you that article if you are interested. They might have an online version! It was probably in the back of my mind when I was trying to link Mardi Gras to a GTKY since I jusstttt read it the other day. 

@lcking82 Yes yes and yesss. Too cool that you had a boil at your rehearsal dinner! Love it.  My school does a boil for Laginappe. (I love all these new "holidays" I had to learn living here...) and there is also a Crawfish Festival here! If you ever come thru Louisiana you have to let me knw. We have scoped out most of the nearby boil joints each at least once, and I can make an educated recommendation if you happen to be anywhere near where we live now. ^_^*
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Oh, I know. I get a lot of flack from some people for enjoying things that aren't "womanly", like heavy metal and horror movies. I don't understand why some people feel the need to make others feel like the things they enjoy are less than worthy of enjoyment. If you can find that article, I'd definitely give it a read :)
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ ah yes, the so called "devil music" as my mom and sister would call. Sorry, not sorry I like music that has complexity to it 🤷
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I had a conversation with one of my coworkers today about it because she was singing to herself between calls and she said it was a rap song. I didn't recognize the singer and she was wondering why, and I'm like "I listen mainly to heavy metal", and she started laughing and said she didn't understand why I listened to screaming music, lol. Funnily enough, my heavily religious in-laws don't seem to mind (as far as I can tell).