August 2019 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 3/5

Re: TMI Tuesday 3/5

• Options
    @chillycanadian I was going to post the same thing!! I had 2 wonderful poops yesterday and it felt glorious! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wabash15 yeeeees!!! Virtual high-5!!!!😁
  • Options
    MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited March 2019
    @chillycanadian & @wabash15 - I'm SO jealous. I swear all the first trimester symptoms are coming back. I'm having the ebbs/flows of progesterone-based GI issues. If I have something (mostly soda, since I don't drink it ever) that my body doesn't want, it's a straight-up bowel bomb. Otherwise, I'm having to mark my calendar with a secret code to keep track of my last BM. I'm not constipated, they're just ... not arriving per their usual schedule. And then they arrive with urgency.

Do you suggest anything or has anything helped you? I didn't have this issue with DD1 and I'm already eating 1-2 Fiber bars a day, so I don't think I need to go with Miralax or anything ... it's just creeping me out because I have no idea when the urge will strike and pregnancy poops @ work kinda freak me out (normal ones, I'm totally ok with - like I said, it's very different than "normal"), since there's really no private space if I have to sit there a while. Note: I have/do drink plenty of water (actually better than I was with DD1), so I don't think that's it, either :( 

So I guess that's my TMI, but the opposite (BOO!!!) of what you're both experiencing. Totally jealous of you two.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    I stepped on poop with one foot and then found the corresponding pee puddle just down the hall with the other foot before work this morning.  I gave DS 5 minutes of naked time this morning,  he said he didn't have to use the potty (which I know doesn't mean much since he's only 17 months and isn't actually trained...but sometimes he'll go on it and pee) but whenever he's made a mess on the floor before he always shows us right away.  This time he didn't for whatever reason. boo

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 - Sorry you had to deal with that this morning  :(
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 I go through cycles of nothing for over a week, and then too much. But it was nice to have what I imagine is a "normal" unstressed BM haha. I've always been bad and irregular. The OB told me to drink 4-5 L of water a day. (Unrelated to BMs.  But apparently to help with spotting) Which I haven't been able to hit. But I've been trying. I don't think that's what's helped. Unfortunately I have no idea what has helped. I figured with all the progesterone I'm taking, I would be totally bunged up.
    Maybe more regular BMs are a prize for me making it to 2nd trimester haha.
    The OB told me stool softeners like sennokot are safe. I was at the point in first trimester after 10 days with nothing, that I was ready to start taking them. I didn't want a laxative. Just something to make things easier
  • Options
    Yeah, I've considered starting on softeners, but it's not like I have an issue when the time comes ... I just don't know when that time will be! And - holy crap on a cracker - 4-5L a day? I'd never get anything done. If I get 3L of water intake in a day, I have to the bathroom every 60-75 minutes (and I have a 700ml bladder capacity - I've measured). I eat a lot of fruit (fiber!) and other things with higher water content, so that could be helping push me further up in total intake, but it's also exhausting. Bless you and your own bladder if you manage to hit that daily.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @mamak225 I've been eating prunes but also got this amazing recipe for fiber balls from my MW. (I can post it tomorrow) They are very tasty (I have a hard time not eating them by the handful) but after 2-3 days they seem to be working their magic. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    RE: Constipation 
    (disclaimer: I hate that I feel like I know enough about this topic to provide insight, but here goes) 

I struggle with constipation when not pregnant, drinking additional water does not help, at one point i was drinking over 100 oz per day. The first trimester along with several meds I was on, hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Per the OB:
    - If you are already having stomach issues (nausea, etc) increasing fiber will make you crampy and uncomfortable 
    - She suggested I use Fleets at home enemas. I had never used one before and was completely disgusted about how it would feel and what would happen. After suffering another week I decided to give it a try. I’m not going to sugar coat it. The shit feels weird, but it works. I used them once or twice per week until I came off some meds at the beginning of the second trimester, now I’m down to about every 10 days to two weeks (with natural BMs in between). 
    - Do not use laxatives while pregnant. 
    - I think still softeners are ok, but check with your doc first. 
  • Options
    I have the worst back acne. And my pee stinks. Maybe from the prenatal? 
  • Options
    @newmamakt - Dude, I also noticed in the last few days, my urine also has a little bit of a smell to it (no matter how hydrated I get). I'm not sure if my nose is getting more sensitive (don't know how that's possible) or if it's hormonal. Pregnancy is so weird.

@wabash15 - I'm willing to try anything! I don't think it's fiber-related, but I'm down for some yummy treats I don't have to feel guilty about. Who am I kidding? I'm about to have cake-for-breakfast (remainder of my birthday cake) for the third day in a row!  :D 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 here you go
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 - Thank you!! I'm going to buy the flax & chia this weekend and make some. They sound awesome.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    @BigBadWolf12 noooooooooooo!

My vag is so sore. This didn't happen until 3T for me last pregnancy and I am NOT here for it. 
  • Options
    @newmamakt @mamak225 Yes!!!!  Over the last week, regardless of hydration & foods, my urine smells so .....weird. 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl it's also fantastic for post partum pooping. And just pooping in general. We have one in both bathrooms. I hate when I travel and I don't have it! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Only 16w1day and having sex in missionary position is NOT the business. Hubbys belly is just too much weight on my little pooch  :D 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm so proud of you!  :D  Seriously though, I have a pooping stool in both bathrooms and my horse trailer.  I can't poop without one!