October 2019 Moms

Group 2 (Oct 9-15) Check-In Week of 3/4

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?

Re: Group 2 (Oct 9-15) Check-In Week of 3/4

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/14 - 8+1 today

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry or an iPhone app icon

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 4/3 for regular OB visit. I need to call and make an appt for my NT u/s and other testing (possibly NIPT). 

How are you feeling?: Meh, still the same. But overall pretty okay.

Rants/Raves: My new doppler comes in today. It's being delivered to my ILs house so I'm hoping it comes before I get off work... Otherwise I'll be heading over there at night because darn it, I want to try it out tonight. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Definitely procrastination. Or maybe Netflix binge-ing!! The couch/bed is my friend right now.

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/12 8 weeks + 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: I had an appointment on Monday and now I am waiting for my Ob's office to call me and schedule my next appointment.

How are you feeling?: I am so tired it's crazy. Then at night I can't seem to fall asleep and when my DS wakes up in the morning I get all groggy. I remember the fatigue from my first pregnancy, but experiencing it again, oh man. I have been trying to eat small meals throughout the day to avoid nausea and to satiate myself, which has helped a ton. Other than that I just feel fat because of the bloating and the rainy weather makes me want to wear leggings and sweaters every day. 

Rants/Raves: I cannot wait for some sunshine in my life. This yucky weather can suck it! I was so excited and happy to see my little baby yesterday. It was an awesome feeling to hear the heartbeat and see the growth from my 6 week ultrasound. He/She actually looks like a little baby now!

Questions: I'm trying to get more involved on here. So I want to get to know you ladies better! What event is coming up for you that you have to look forward to? I love having some activity to look forward to!

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? movie trivia, I think that would be fun!

• Loading the player...
  • @stephanie123456 Does doppler work this early? My friend lent me hers during my last pregnancy and I was already pretty far along by that point. If it works for you let me know I would be super interested in getting one!
  • @wine_mama16 I had one when I was pregnant with DS. I think I started using it at 9 weeks (because that's when I bought it) and was able to find the heartbeat pretty consistently after I figured out how to use it. DH actually just picked up my package (YAY!!) so I fully intend to try when I get home and will definitely update you. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/10/2019 8W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: 3/14/2019 Panorana test 

How are you feeling?: Really tired, super hungry, and very easily dehydrated and lightheaded when I’m too busy to eat and drink water. Trying to make up for it right now, but my head is killing me. 🤯

Rants/Raves: Time is passing at such a glatial pace. I’m so impatient for the more exciting pregnancy milestones like finding out gender, getting another glimpse of this elusive bean, and being able to tell my work family. On a positive note, I’ve made a lot of progress clearing out the room that will become the nursery (used to be my dressing room). I keep walking by it and pausing to picture what it’ll look like in a few months. 🥰

Questions: What is your go to easy snack? I’m stocking my classroom and car with Kind bars going forward. Low blood sugar is not fun. 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Running to the bathroom every half hour. 😳😂

• @novicemama I swear nothing slows down time like the first trimester of pregnancy. I’m sitting here thinking there’s still 3 1/2 weeks left?! How is that possible?
  • edited March 2019
    @wine_mama16 So I tried a few times last night, and I think I may have heard something but it was really faint and low and masked by other sounds in my abdomen. I'm definitely trying again tonight. 

• @stephanie123456 the couch is the place to be! I just had a five day weekend and originally I planned to at least pretend to want to do something constructive. But nope, the couch was glorious! Can't wait to hear how it continues to go with the doppler!
    @Winemama0613 I hope the sun comes back for you soon! That's so great you got to see and hear the little babe. Right now I'm setting up a date for a visit to my best friend from high school. She lives about 4 hours away and has four little ones. I'm so excited to be able to tell her that I have another coming, as well as the fact that SAHMomhood will allow the kids (and us) the ability to play together so much more often.
    @novicemama I'm impressed that you're making headway on the nursery already. Sadly I think poor DS was home for a couple months before we really finished his, but we kept him sleeping in our room for the first six months anyway. One of my go to snacks right now is apple slices with peanut butter, but my tastes have been changing so much. Oh, also trail mix, cause I can nibble it slow and/or pick the pieces I want at any given time.

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolly Such good snack suggestions!  I love apples and peanut butter and I definitely need to restock my trail mix. I know I’m super early on the nursery, but I feel like I need a project to keep me busy while I’m waiting for time to pass. It’s been so cold and depressing where I live, so decluttering is keeping me busy and less anxious. Plus, I’m a vintage clothing collector, so I definitely needed to get started. My collection is massive and needed to culled to make room for baby accessories to take over the house. 
  • @novicemama I swear nothing slows down time like the first trimester of pregnancy. I’m sitting here thinking there’s still 3 1/2 weeks left?! How is that possible?
    Seriously! Slowest months of my life. And it’s winter. 😐
  • Lurking.... @stephanie123456 I really hope you’re able to find the heartbeat with your new Doppler!!  I was able to hear ours at 8w4d for the first time.  Empty bladder is important, at least for me.  I listen to it at least every other day🥰  Good luck!! 
  • novicemamanovicemama member
    edited March 2019
    Edit: oops meant to post in the question thread.

I read an article from The Bump that references possible risks associated with at home fetal Doppler use. The FDA apparently advises against. What do you ladies think? Is this overly cautious or a legitimate concern? 

https://www.thebump.com/a/fetal-doppler 
  • Mmm apples and peanut butter. I'll have to have DH add that to my lunch tomorrow.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 9, 9wks even

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: None until 12 weeks, but I just had an ultrasound today! Such a relief to see a heartbeat and not feel like the whole pregnancy is just in my head. 

How are you feeling?: like I could doze forever. Not tired enough to sleep, but about right for watching 12 straight hours of Planet Earth. 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Blanket burrito-ing. It's freezing outside and I'm extra cold, so I have become extra talented. 

• EDD: 8w+1, 10/15
    Size: Raspberry 

Appointment: I had one on Monday and heard and saw the heartbeat 💗 Now waiting another 4 weeks.

Feeling: Horrible, miserable. My whole body hurts and every inch of my digestive track is in pain. I can do nothing but moan and keep my 18 month old fed and changed. Thankful my MIL stopped by today and I had a chance to lay in bed. But I’m in too much pain to sleep. Just remembering that it should fade by April 🤞🏻

Olympic sport: hmm, I could compete with @novicemama at the trips to the bathroom! The good/bad thing about our house is that we only have bathrooms upstairs, so if I’m on the main floor I have to do the stairs. It’s the only exercise I’m getting currently 😬

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  10/14... Now 8 weeks, 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n):   Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    Eek, today's our first ultrasound! Sooo nervous!

How are you feeling?:   On and off feeling better. The nausea is still there but not as bad. The bloat is getting worse and worse tho. Now at night I feel like Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Not blue, but pretty close to exploding.

Rants/Raves:  Rant, I really meant to post this last night. That's how good I am at my Olympic sport.

Questions:   None right now.

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
    Definitely would be for wasting time / procrastinating. I always will swear there's not enough time in the day, and really there isn't, but I'll admit I'm awfully inefficient with what I'm given 😜

BabyGaga
  • @novicemama that's very cool that you have a vintage clothing collection! Where do you get them?
    @leitis I LOVE Planet Earth and could watch them forever! Did you see the new Dynasties collection yet?
    @MrsPlatz that's just how I was feeling for almost a week just before now. Thank goodness it started to abate because I was starting to be concerned something was wrong. I hope it calms down for you too soon and you start feeling better.
         BabyGaga
  • @novicemama Just read through the article section on "are they safe" and I do agree with the points they are making. The only legitimate "health hazard" I could see was the exposure to waves. Maybe if you are using it for extended periods of time (i.e., for hours and hours, multiple times a day)? When I went in for my appointment last week, they had me sign a waiver for their use of ultrasounds. In my opinion, if you are using it with moderation, and also not using it to confirm that nothing is wrong, just for fun!!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 15 / 8+2
    Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry
    Upcoming Appointments: 3/28 for first official OB (had dating US this morning)
    How are you feeling?: Ok! Fatigue is crazy, but the Unisom+B6 is saving my life with MS! And I am FREEZING at night, which is very strange for me.
    Rants/Raves: Now that I've seen baby and have a sonogram to keep staring at, it feels SO REAL. I think a good part of me still hasn't realized this is happening, but seeing that sonogram live is definitely making it real!
    Questions: None right now!
    GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a medal for? Grant writing!

~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• @cooaladolly We have a little bit of sunshine today, but still overall yucky. That's awesome that you get to share that news with someone how exciting. I don;t know why,but every time I tell someone new I'm pregnant I get super nervous for some reason. Like flushed, heart racing, almost embarrassed felling. I have no idea why, maybe because I don't care for being the center of attention. Are you going to tell her in a special way?

@novicemama My go to snack is cereal. That's not super easy to have on the go, but I cannot get enough of cereal. I swear I could eat nothing, but cereal all day and nothing else!
  • @novicemama Just read through the article section on "are they safe" and I do agree with the points they are making. The only legitimate "health hazard" I could see was the exposure to waves. Maybe if you are using it for extended periods of time (i.e., for hours and hours, multiple times a day)? When I went in for my appointment last week, they had me sign a waiver for their use of ultrasounds. In my opinion, if you are using it with moderation, and also not using it to confirm that nothing is wrong, just for fun!!
    Exactly! I think if it’s only used sparingly for short periods of time, it should be fine. 
  • @cooaladolly I am kind of always on the hunt. I find vintage at yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets, curated vintage stories, and of course, online. It’s been a hobby of mine for a while and I occcasjonally sell as well. But with a LO on the way, I’m definitely trying to save only the best items and not bring more stuff home. With that said, I have been looking for cute maternity dresses. Couldn’t help myself! 
  • @wine_mama16 I’m the same way with announcing. It’s a little bit easier this time because my son is telling people but when I was pregnant with him, I kept telling my husband, “I don’t want to tell people, I just want them to know” 😆
  • @wine_mama16 we're going to see the FRIENDS the Musical parody in May! I'm pretty excited for it!
    @novicemama last pregnancy low sodium beef jerky was a recommendation for me as a healthy snack to keep my protein up! I also love nuts and cheese cubes :)
    @cooaladolly I have dynasties on my dvr and I can't wait to watch them!!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 15th / 8+2
    Baby is the size of a(n): 2x2 Lego Brick
    Upcoming Appointments: March 19th regular midwife appointment and nipt
    How are you feeling?: Okay 🤷🏼‍♀️ RLP is annoying me and my nausea is getting worse
    Rants/Raves: I just want our house to sell 😭 and this "second winter" business can go right to hell 🙄
    GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Sleeping?! Pre-kids of course. I used to marathon sleep, once for 20+ hours haha Not so much anymore though..... Lol

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  EDD is 10/13; 8w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Had one on Monday and it was all good. Next is April 1st.

How are you feeling?:  Actually pretty good. Nausea has gone away unless I let myself get too hungry. I am so tired though that I literally crash so hard I can't even keep my eyes open.

Rants/Raves: I have been insanely busy at work this week. I can't even check in on TB at all. That AND my kids have been so sick. DH and I have been juggling calls from daycare, early sick-kid pickup, sick days off, working from home--all while on deadline and with a to-do list a mile long. So stressful. Can winter please be over so we can stop trading these germs around?!?

Questions: Do you use over the counter prenatal vitamins or prescription from OB?

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Parallel parking. It's a skill I learned from growing up in the city and one I am rather proud of now. DH was super impressed when we first started dating.  :D

• @junebabyh I use garden of life prenatals from Amazon, but I also have a prescription called in for a prenatal with methofolate, but no iron that I need to fill (my iron count was high a few months ago) if you can get a prescription and have good rx coverage, it can definitely be cheaper but I think your options are more limited. 
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2019
    @novicemama and @melanier26 I was thinking the opposite; by the third kid time seems to speed by. How in the world are we ALREADY 8 weeks pregnant? 

@wine_mama16 Its consignment sale season where I live. First sale tomorrow! My favorite one is next weekend. Imso exciting, lol.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: My sonogram determined my edd at October 15th, so I guess in back to this check in to stay! (before I was estimating October 16th based on my o day...so pretty good guess!)

Baby is the size of a(n): dime

Upcoming Appointments: had a sonogram today :)

How are you feeling?: tired. I had a stomach bug yesterday that really kicked my butt. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Churning out different multiple choice questions and distractors like a boss. (My students are cheaters. I make like 3 tests for each test.)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • sammygirl18sammygirl18 member
    edited March 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 12! 9 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): green olive

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday!!!! I had the option of last week but waited a week to get a specific doctor. All week long I was bummed with myself that I didn’t have an appointment last week.

How are you feeling?: After a full nights sleep, great! I’ve had a general quesy feeling the past week and a half. Every once in awhile I don’t notice it, so I don’t know if it’s getting better or if I’m getting better at blocking it out. So tired, all the time.

Rants/Raves: Rant- I really want to buy some clothes for little nugget, but so much is not unisex. Gymboree is closing at the mall by us and I just want to stock up!

Questions: How do you keep your energy up at work? It hits afternoon and I’m dragging! It probabally doesn’t help that I used to have a mt dew every morning but quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I was actually cutting down before I found out because we were headed on vacation and I didn’t want to be spending a ton of money on pop while we were there. Then I got my BFP and quit completely.

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?  I’m a pretty solid organizer/cleaner when I decide to do it!

• EDD: Just got changed from 10/5 to 10/13 so I am now 8w6d

Baby is the size of: A piece of popcorn!

Appts: Had my first internal sono yesterday and got to see the heartbeat! Also got my true EDD. In two weeks I have a physical and more labs/testing. 

How are are you feeling: Better than expected! I am super fortunate to not really have morning sickness or extreme fatigue. I have food aversions to anything sweet and sometimes I have zero appetite, but other than that I have felt pretty normal. 

Rants/Raves: Missing some foods like sushi and sandwiches with deli meat (not a big fan of heating meat up), and am sometimes frustrated with my food aversions/changing appetite. Excited to start buying baby things!

Questions: Does anyone else still not feel like this is real/actually happening?! FTM here and the pregnancy still doesn’t seem real lol. Even after seeing the sono I sometimes forget that I’m pregnant! 

GTKY: Hmm...I’m pretty good at cooking and think I’d have a chance at winning a medal if it were an Olympic sport!