Options

Group 1 (Oct 1-8) Check-In Week of 3/4

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?

Re: Group 1 (Oct 1-8) Check-In Week of 3/4

• Options

10/2  9 weeks 6 days (double digits tomorrow!!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Tater-tot 

Upcoming Appointments: 

3/8 for NIPT blood work.  3/11 we are going to an ultrasound boutique to get a peek of the little tater-tot! 3/21 for 12 week appointment.

How are you feeling?:

Exhausted and still bloated.  Some days I feel hungry all the time and can’t eat enough.  Other days nothing sounds good.  However the nausea is only every once in a while which I’m so very thankful for.  

Rants/Raves:

It’s cold (for southern Texas) today!  Was only 27 degrees this morning and I really didn’t want to get out of my nice warm bed. 

My sister came over and cooked me dinner last night 😊 I just got to lounge on the couch and watch Legally Blonde!  

Questions: Always but can’t think of any right now.

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? 

Procrastinating or Daydreaming 😊

• Options
    @emily1052, I watched Legally Blonde recently too! It used to be my guilty pleasure movie of choice, but I hadn't watched it in a few years. It's so cute!

9w2d

A tator tot 😍😍

Or a jack (from the game)

Upcoming Appointments:

Not for awhile

How are you feeling?:

Nausea all day every day and lots of fatigue. And feeling emotional about feeling tired and crappy all the time. BUT in more positive news, I have gone 3 days in a row without vomiting!! 🎉

Rants/Raves: 

I might be booking our next vacation/a babymoon soon! I love traveling and it's been killing me to not have our next trip booked. I have it narrowed down to two places, so hopefully we'll be booking it soon!

Questions: 

Nope

Finding & booking great travel deals!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oct 6th

Cherry

Upcoming Appointments:

MAr 20th and 25th. Very excited about the blood draw. Can't wait to find out what we're having ;)

How are you feeling?:

Kind of nauseous when I'm not eating. Booo.

Rants/Raves: 

I honestly shouldn't be complaining about a bit of nausea when other moms have it so much harder...and especially when I think of what is yet to come (sciatica comes to mind. Urgh).

Questions: 

Any other TTM waffling between excited and OMG what have we gotten ourselves into? Like three kids is legitimately scaring me about 30% of the time. Hoping those feelings subside right quick.

Procrastinating is a good one @emily1052 ;) I am also fantastic at throwing out stuff the rest of my family won't miss unless they see me throwing it away. So I have developed an olympic-grade sneakiness for that.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/1 10 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): Petit four

Upcoming Appointments: Not until the 22nd.

How are you feeling?: Nausea nearly 24/7, but the mornings have been getting better.

Rants/Raves: I had another commercial audition this morning and I was terrified that I wouldn't fit into my pants, but it worked out. I'm not telling my agency until after the first trimester, but my energy level is sooooo low. I also tutor part-time and my students keep telling me how tired I look. :D  

Questions: How far ahead is everyone looking? Like, I haven't even started thinking about car seats, cribs, etc. because I want to get out of the danger zone first. Also, I have no clue what I'm doing, so that helps in not preparing whatsoever. My husband and I also might be moving in August, so I don't want to plan a space in our current apartment if there's no point. Then I feel overwhelmed and need to take a nap. 

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Hmmm... does anyone one remember Sustained Silent Reading (SSR) in school? The activity in which everyone had to be quiet and read for a set period of time? I feel like I could get a gold medal in that.

@emily1052 27 degrees is cold! It's 60 here and raining and I put the heat on in my car.

@galentine I'm glad that you haven't thrown up in three days! Also, could you plan a babymoon for me and my husband? ;) I'm rubbish at it, though I love to travel.

@grapeskittles4lyfe I know what you mean about the nausea. Sometimes, I feel so awful and feel down about it, but I know that so many women have it way worse. Also, we're nearing the end of the first trimester! Hopefully, that will bring relief!

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @galentine if you don’t mind me asking, where are you planning your next trip to?  I love good vacation ideas. 

@grapeskittles4lyfe my mother is also a champion when it comes to throwing stuff (important and not) out 😂.  I remember one time when I was in college (still lived at home) and she threw away my cell phone bill.  That was before the days when you could just go online or call in to pay.  🤦🏻‍♀️ I guess I shouldn’t have left it out. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @grapeskittles4lyfe yes! I go back and forth with the “what the f were we thinking!?” and the “I’m so ready for this.”

@elle-0409 when I was a FTM, I think I started researching around 10w? I know we registered around 12w (we wanted to make sure we had neutral things, so we chose the big stuff early before we knew the sex). This time around, since we’re in the process of moving, I already have a list of exactly what we need, but other than two new car seats for DS1 (he’s getting a transitional seat
    that does FF 5pt harness and a high back booster/regular booster and baby will get his current seats
    and the saved bucket), we don’t need anything big, and im a brand loyalist so they’re already picked out🙈 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2019
    @grapeskittles4lyfe, due date twins! I LOLed at your Olympic level sneakiness about throwing things out. I love to do the cleaning/purging of closets when my H isn't home for that very reason 😂

@emily1052, we were debating between Portugal and Alberta Canada for our next trip. I think Alberta is in the lead!

@elle-0409, 10 weeks! How exciting! So far, I've only been looking as far ahead as my next appointment. I don't know if it's PGAL or just FTM anxiety, but I haven't wanted to plan too far ahead. I haven't bought anything yet and probably won't until after my next appointment. That being said, I'm telling my parents and siblings this coming weekend, so I have a feeling things are about to feel much more real once we let others in on our secret. And even if I don't start buying things, I have a feeling the excited Grandmas will be shopping immediately!!
  • Options
    @emily1052 That IS cold for Texas! I am in Kansas and it's been negative here, which almost never happens. Just awful - stay warm!

@galentine Yay for a Babymoon! I want to do one too but may not get to, we have DH's brother's wedding this summer out in Seattle, so that'll probably use up the time off and travel budget for the season. For the record, Portugal gets my vote. ;)

@grapeskittles4lyfe Love the sneakiness! I need you to come to my house and get rid of some of my husband's old t-shirts and junk, please.

@elle-0409 I am with you on not looking too far ahead. I think once I'm solidly in the second trimester I'll start kicking into planning mode, but right now I'm just kind of surviving each day and grateful to get to the next!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/7 (which is the day before DH's b day, btw), 9+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Green grape!

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until 3/22, which feels like it is years away. That will be my first official appointment with my OB since I "graduated" from my RE.

How are you feeling?: Honestly, just awful. I have bronchitis and am not really taking anything for it except some Tylenol and the occasional cough drop. It has me completely miserable, coughing nonstop, achy, and tired. Add in my all day nausea and I'm a pretty pathetic preggo right now.

Rants/Raves: We had another spotting scare over the weekend/Monday. I was completely convinced it was all over for us. But it turns into a rave because our OB ordered a scan and we saw a healthy, active little gummy bear waving and wiggling all over the place! So amazing. I really hope that will be my last spotting incident because it's honestly terrifying.

Questions: Is anyone else "showing" already?? I have actually lost a pound since finding out I was pregnant (I think from being sick for the last week and having less appetite than normal) but I have a VERY visible little "bump". I know it's not really baby at this stage but it sure looks like I'm pregnant already and it's hard to hide. Is it just me??

GTKY: If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? Reading all the way for me too! It's how I spend almost all of my free time, and I go through about 3-4 books/week usually. I'm sure that will change dramatically once we have a little one though! :)

• Options
    EDD: October 7, confirmed at my first ultrasound (I thought October 6)
    Upcoming appointments: Nothing now until my NT ultrasound and bloodwork on April 1
    How are you feeling?: Very neasuated all the time and some vomiting. 
    Rants/raves:  I had my dating ultrasound yesterday and it was a huge relief to see my baby measuring 9 weeks +1, with a heartbeat of 177.
    Questions:  How long are you waiting to tell other people?
    GTKY: Olympic sport for me would be napping.   Even before pregnancy I loved a good nap.
  • Options
    EDD: 10/7 

Baby is the size of a butterfly 

Next appt is my first trimester screening on 3/15

I’m feeling ok. I feel like I’ve lost a lot of my symptoms but I’ve been stressed this past week and decided to quit my second job yesterday. I woke up this morning with a sense of relief!!  

I went online and bought a fetal Doppler!! It came yesterday but I had no luck locating heartbeat. Today I think with my mind being more relaxed I was able to find it!! Going strong at 168 bpm!!

I’d probably get gold in napping 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    @cmbt2 Good luck at your scan today!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @cmbt2 Yay! I'm so glad that it went well! :)
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Due Oct. 6

Baby is the size of a(n):  green olive!

Upcoming Appointments:  I have an u/s on Tuesday to check on the 2 subchorionic hematomas that have been keeping me on “rest” for the last two weeks.  Hoping they have not grown!  Or maybe even are gone!!  (Although the OB didn’t give me that hope when I met with her this past Tuesday).   I cried to her because I find it so challenging physically and mostly mentally being on rest.  No exercise... taking it easy... it’s really frustrating me.   She told me to stay on rest til my NT scan (3/27) and that’s when I lost it.  I think I scared her because she agreed to check on it via ultrasound next week 😂

How are you feeling?:  I am feeling much better than last week!  Fatigue and headaches mostly.  Bouts of nausea but they are rare!  I’m feeling almost ready to tell people, but still want to wait until I’m a liiiiitle further along   I’m thinking of telling parents after my Tuesday scan if all goes well!

Rants/Raves:  I legit got anxiety hearing that some of you already have baby stuff or are registered!  I have no idea when to start but I do know I’m not ready for that yet.  Maybe in 2nd tri!  

Questions:  Anyone else lose their mom and are having trouble navigating this without her?  Not to mention the grief that comes up on big milestones like this.  My mom died of pancreatic cancer when she was 54 and she was my best friend.  Pregnancy has been so exciting but also a reminder of how unfortunate it is that she will not be around to be a “nana.”

This week I’m going with you ladies who said napping!  I think I’d place in that category 😂

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @jane101757 I have baby stuff because I’ve never thrown anything other than used bottles and pacifiers out (we cloth diaper). My amazon list is private 🤷🏼‍♀️

My mother isn’t in the picture, so I get how you feel to an extent, though I know it’s not the same *hugs*
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    jenferlee82jenferlee82 member
    edited March 2019
    @jane101757 I was just diagnosed with a SCH yesterday. I had heavy bleeding and went to the ER, where they found one. I've been ordered on rest too and totally get what you mean, just the thought of it is SUPER frustrating. Hang in there, we can do this!! 

Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, and can absolutely understand why it would put a bittersweet tinge on the entire process to not be able to share it with her. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    @cmb2 makes sense!  I have a lot to learn :)

@jenferlee82 - sounds like the same experience I had!

and ladies thank you for empathizing with my about my mom.  These emotions are running extreme these days!!  My poor husband 🤣
  • Options
    @jane101757 same as with cmbt2 - I never threw anything out except for used bottles and pacifiers. This baby will get their own high chair (ebay is rife with tripp trapps here, and DD1/DD2 still use theirs) and quilt. Other than that, hand-me-downs from the sisters. Since I don't really like pink, all outfits are already unisex until about 2T, which is when DD1 and DD2 discovered the joys of ruffles and glitter.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019