August 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/4

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/4

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @olivemomma @Avrilmai @Lotus_2008 Another GoT fan here, so I totally support a weekly discussion thread starting April 14. I watched the trailer yesterday and was all THIS DOESN’T TELL ME ANYTHING. I should prob save this for tomorrow UO thread but I loooooved Littlefinger (Lord Baelish)
  • Options
    @allycat11 - Ouch, sorry to hear :( 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @olivemomma oh wow thank you for saying your pattern of movement, because i have an anterior placenta and I felt a lot for a few days and then nothing for the past couple of days, and it’s starting to bother me. Hoping this little one finds a more accessible place to wiggle around. 

And @heml my GOT UO is that I’m team Cersei hahaha
  • Options
    @cato99 - I was once Team Cersei until she turned against Margery. I looooooooooove House Tyrell (Olenna is my personal hero) and was so ... [not going to spoiler alert].

@chillycanadian - I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it stands for Goodbye Bump Community Board (something similar, but basically, they formally left the group and disappeared).
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @chillycanadian @mamak225 is right in theory, but she gave it a nicer name. It stands for Good Bye Cruel Bump, and it's someone who decides that the board is not for them and announces that they are leaving.

I've always felt that I would make a good GoT fan, but I never found the time for it. This thread is making me wish that I had. Maybe once I invent that 25th hour in the day I'll use it for catching up on good TV.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 - You'll need a 53rd week, girl, not an hour. Once you get past the first 1 or 2, you. cannot. stop. Best of luck ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 Tell me about it. Between work, boys, being pregnant/sick, and misc others, I have not had anytime TV time in like 2 months. Finally went to watch the Grey's Anatomy mid-season premiere and it already expired!! So now I'm like I really got to make more time for TV. Priorities right?
    But the other thing is, I never finished the West Wing... I loved the Sorkin era, and then in the middle of season 6, I went eh, and stopped watching. But now The West Wing Weekly (the fancast) is almost up to the last episode I've seen, so I need to finally go back and finish that.
    There is just too much out there to watch, and not enough time.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 - Hopefully, you can find some time soon. I'm already trying to plan binge-worthy shows for maternity leave. I'm hoping since DD1 will be at daycare and this is my second-go-round, it'll be somewhat easier and I can enjoy some TV and a clean house. We'll see ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @MamaK225 As one about to have her third I say best of luck on that. But honestly, everyone is different. My sister watches during mid-night feedings, and gets through a lot more TV than I do.
    My first started nursery about a month before my second was born, so my nanny took off for 3 months and only came back after my maternity leave was over. (I was so lucky she was willing to wait, 3 months is a long time to be out of work.) This one is coming before #2 starts nursery so my nanny will be around while I'm on leave. I'm hoping that means I will get more time for other things, but I'm trying not to count on it.
  • Options
    @allycat11 Oh no!  I hope that you have some extra back up help during the time your FIL is away. 
  • Options
    Okay since we have so many GOT fans and are obviously all team ‘Lets have a devoted thread’ come April, would anyone else love a GOT predictions thread before then for us all to discuss our thoughts before the season airs and what we think may happen?! I obviously don’t have enough people in my life to geek out with about this!

and I’m also rewatching the entire series before April! Just hearing the music gets me excited.

@chillycanadian I’m so excited for you to get caught up! It just gets better and better
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @MamaK225 I am also a huge House Tyrell fan. That was always the house I thought I'd be in, which honestly, still adds up, who am I kidding? 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sourlemon Arya is on our short list of girl names ☺️ Although we would probably spell is Aria. 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @olivemomma YES to the early GoT predictions/discussion thread. A girl did her floor routine to the GoT theme at a gymnastics meet I judged a few weeks ago. It was so unexpected and awesome!
  • Options
    So I've been humming the GoT theme song now alllllll morning #noregrets

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just came across this Buzzfeed article that breaks down the GOT trailer
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited March 2019
    @heml when I first read your post above I thought you were going with the way Jaqen speaks to Arya "a girl is" and it took me a second to process what you actually posted. 

@EmilyA724 I read something similar on theringer. they have another video breakdown and a series on the "loose ends" 
    @chillycanadian I love that you started watching it so recently and are already on season 5. eta: I hate that you're on bed rest. hope things are going well. 

I'm so excited there are so many of us! I read something a while back about how GoT is one of the last pieces of "monoculture" meaning that people still watch it "live" and have water cooler discussions about it. I'll post my other thoughts on the dedicated thread. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @mrosek91 thank you. How did I miss the exit?! I have been wondering what happened to her actually.
    Clearly I pay attention... Lol

@Avrilmai haha yeah...it's kinda pathetic how far I got. I started watching one evening when my husband left for work.
    I finished almost the entire first season that night. It was bad..... I was up till ..well, long after 330 in the morning haha. I think I had finished the second season by the next night.
    My sister has been staying with us for the past 5 days to keep me company and help with the housework/dog. So I haven't watched any this week. Clearly I have to catch up to avoid spoilers on here now!! I get the appeal now though!
  • Options
    My 2yo was diagnosed with an ear infection, bronchitis, and flu A and B today. She didn't have as much as a sniffle on Monday! 

So now basically our whole house is going to get sick and DH will of course be the sickest of them all. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon oh no! good luck to you and I hope your LO at least starts to feel better soon. FX that you can somehow avoid others getting sick. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @sourlemon oh dear, that is a hell of a combo! I hope she doesn't get too bad and that your able to avoid the funk
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 H watches it so I’ve seen little pieces here or there while I’m reading my book. But it’s not my thing.  

And Grey’s Anatomy will totally be my maternity leave show. I’ve been planning it for years lol. 
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2019
    @sourlemon I’ll send some t&p’s for your families (family’s?) immune systems😬. Yikes, I wish you minimal puking, low fevers, and minimally disturbed sleep routines. And lots of Lysol. 

@dogmomma096 Yay!  That’s so exciting to have found somewhere, budget friendly nonetheless, that can accommodate all of your needs!
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019. I can’t stop laughing at the idea of gummy bear feet kicking! :) 🐻 🦶 Although I am still waiting for confirmed kicks.  I <think> I have felt some. (15 weeks)

GoT - I started watching it with my husband on our honeymoon... haven’t picked it up again.  So I am still a season 1 person.  I have a tough time with the violence though... I am kind of a wuss about that.

Grey’s - oh man! I love and anguish over that show. I just couldn’t watch it when they took off Meredith and Derek. :(
  • Options
    Kind of a random, I am bad at posting in some of the random threads vs checkins because my brain is so slow lately and preoccupied I can't come up with much if anything interesting to say.  So I remain quiet... It's been so long since I was active on TB with my first (6 years) that I am still rusty at getting involved but I love the community and support.  

I found a new (to me) show that is worth binging, Killing Eve. It's on Hulu for the first season but its BBC America I believe. It has Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy on it.  Was going to wait for DH to binge it but I decided to just watch myself. 
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @dogmomma096 Glad you found the perfect daycare!
    @sourlemon I hope you can remain healthy... I totally understand what you're dealing with (see my random vent below)
    @BigBadWolf12 That seems like it took entirely too much time and effort to figure out lol, but at least it wasn't totally out of left field! 

I feel like I can not catch a break.  Less than three weeks after having flu B I was diagnosed with flu A yesterday.  I am so exhausted and just want to feel normal again. I have barely been able to exercise in a month because before flu B I had a stomach bug and all of this has been worsened by my asthma.  I can not wait for this cold/flu season to be behind us!!!! 
  • Options
    @mkrel well that sucks. I'm sorry you've gotten both A &B. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @velvetskyy Killing Eve is on my list of shows to watch! I’ve heard Sandra Oh is amazing in it (and just won an award for it)!