Trouble TTC
Options

TTC Check-in: 03/04/2019

Hello ladies! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: Do you collect anything? If not, what would you like to have a collection of? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IUI.
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: irregular cycles and low morph RX: Letrozole 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF
@prpl11butterfly dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone

@chiblackhawkie - rx: Clomid, trigger, and ti 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: retesting before appointment 

@lg1218

@emily1052 - 

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis, hydrospinx on right fallopian tube Rx: surgery consult 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current Rx?

Re: TTC Check-in: 03/04/2019

• Options
    QOTW: Do you collect anything? If not, what would you like to have a collection of?
    I collect many photos of my cat... Does that count? 😅 But no, I don't really collect things besides the ornaments I get during my travels.

In other news.... Halfway through the TWW. I won't be having my blood test until next Monday, 3/11 since I'm out of town this weekend. Soooo with that I plan on taking an HPT on Thursday because I'd rather not get the good or bad news on a Monday. Too distracting.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - yeah, I’d say that counts as I have tons of photos of my dog lol. Will be thinking of you on Thursday when you take your HPT!! The waiting for Thursday must be brutal! 

@prpl11butterfly - good luck at your US tomorrow!! Really hoping it goes smooth and is an exciting, happy experience! 

AFM: just plugging along with the OPKs. The one thing that’s been quite annoying with Letrozole is the 5-6 days of spotting after AF ends. I’m getting tired of going through so many panty liners - blah! Otherwise, I’m kinda readying myself for a coffee date with an old colleague/friend on Sunday. She was one of the first people I told about IF, but I regret it now. I’ve gotten to learn that she’s got quite strong views on IF treatments and doesn’t believe that IUI and IVF are “morally acceptable.” She’s been on mat leave and is not coming back to work, so she wanted to get together. She is a nice person, but I know IF will come up and I’m just planning on giving her few details, but I’m a bit nervous with how it will go. 

QOTW: I collect ticket stubs from the different concerts, plays, etc that I’ve been to over several years now. Otherwise, pictures of my dog all the way lol! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello! New here, first weekly check-in. My husband and I have been TTC since June 2017. We have seen an RE but he didn’t give me a diagnosis. I have had symptoms of PCOS and have irregular cycles. My Rx is clomid+trigger+TI. 

I used to collect owl kitchen decor, but not so much anymore. Mostly my house just collects clutter these days lol. 
    @inthewoods23 and @sincethelastday I also have tons of photos of my dogs on my phone...more than photos of anything else haha!
  • Options
    @sramill1008 - welcome! Sorry that you find yourself here, but hope you find lots of support and comradeship here! I will make sure to add you to the weekly check-in list. 

How long have you been doing the clomid and trigger? Any timeline of how long you’ll be doing this form of treatment?

I love owl stuff! I could technically get into the routine of collecting little owl ornamental stuff. 
  • Options
    Hi all! 

@inthewoods23 Fingers crossed for you on Thursday - not long now! 
    @prpl11butterfly Also thinking of you and really hoping for a smooth ultrasound :-)
    @sramill1008 Welcome! We have been trying for a similar amount of time (Sep 2017 for me). I hope you will have success with Clomid!

@sincethelastday I take it you haven't yet got a positive OPK then? I was very surprised this month to ovulate 2 days earlier than expected - usually get good warning of it with gradually darkening OPKs before the positive, but this time it went from very faint to blazing red within a day! That meant we didn't manage as much BD as planned but hoping it will be enough :-) Currently about 5DPO.

The only thing I did differently this time was to try taking baby aspirin as I'd read that some people got good results with it. Technically only the ones with mild inflammation benefited, and there's no reason to think I fall into that group, but after so many attempts I thought it could hardly hurt... Had quite a funny experience buying it as the pharmacist was quite insistent in saying that it was no longer recommended for babies and I should buy something else instead. Had no desire to let on the real reason so I blithely nodded and said I would still prefer the aspirin, please! 

Re the friend with certain views on infertility treatments I can empathise, having been in a similar situation. Those kinds of conversations can be very awkward. I can understand the ethical objections to IVF (though I don't consider them sufficient to rule it out) but IUI too? That seems extreme. At any rate, I have a close friend who shares my religion - but not my take on it - and so if we do continue down the fertility treatment route I shall steer clear of telling her anything about it. She's not likely to ask any probing questions fortunately, though it sounds as though your friend might? If she does I would simply say 'I'd prefer not to talk about it as we don't see eye to eye' and hope that ended the subject. However it comes up I hope it doesn't cause you any pain or discomfort - IF is quite enough without having to deal with other people's negative reactions!

On a very distantly related topic, I had a real cringe-worthy experience in the train this week. With pregnancy no doubt too often on my mind, I managed to offer my seat to a woman who I now assume was not pregnant! Aaah! When she very firmly replied 'non merci' I was surprised for a second, and then wanted to go through the floor. Honestly, given the angle, the bulge in her coat and the need for a quick decision, it was an easy mistake to make but I shall think twice in the future.... Have come to the conclusion that is worse causing a potentially vulnerable, sensitive person misery and shame than making an expectant mum ask for her seat. If I am ever in that fortunate position I shall make a point of being bold for once and making my needs known :-)

QOTW: I know I'm always talking about our house, but when we bought it we discovered that there exists a series of turn-of-the-century postcards of our area, showing our house! There are about 10 of them with the house on, shortly after it was built and they can be bought for a few euros on collectors' sites. So, we started collecting them in November and have now got 20-30 dating from 1904 to 1950. The really exciting thing is when they turn out to have interesting stories on the back, which you often don't discover until you receive them.

• Options
    @cigaline - yeah, no positive OPK yet. Every round of Letrozole has me getting a positive on Day 15 (which is tomorrow) so expecting it soon! I have totally been in your place before though where the line goes from almost non-existent to full on dark! It’s quite surprising when it happens! FX for this cycle! Any update on where you’re at with the retesting for you and YH? 

I can’t help but chuckle at your baby aspirin story! It sounds like a scene from some TV comedy. I can just see you backing away slowly after getting the aspirin and then booking it away from that pharmacist. I find it necessary to have a sense of dark humour with this whole IF thing. 

Thanks for your insight and suggestion regarding the whole friend with opposite views situation. The problem is that she thinks we both share the same views. Sounds like a similar situation with your friend in that we both share the same religion, but we both have quite different views on it (she’s quite strict to all the rules and I’m, I guess you could say, more flexible with it all). However, she just assumes we’re on the same page and I’ve never really wanted to get into a whole debate or discussion with her on our different view points (especially since she was a co-worker and we had to work with each other). I think I’m just going to tell her that I’m continuing to do Letrozole and won’t even mention IUI and keep the discussion short and sweet. And realistically I may never see her again after this visit as we were really only friends because we saw each other at work and now that she quit, it’s doubtful we’ll see each other again. 

Ouch, that is an awkward experience on the train! Very insightful realization you had after the fact. I’ve never really thought of it that way.

And very cool about the postcards! I love historical stuff like that so very neat! 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 everything crossed for you tomorrow!! I'll be stalking everywhere for your update!

@sincethelastday I get very annoyed at people who act like that. I don't care what your opinions are, my life/me decision. Maybe her opinions will have changed. But I definitely agree keeping the IF talk to a low.

@cigaline oh how embarrassing! I hope she wasn't offended. 

Afm. I'm sorry it took so long to update today. Being late to work set my date back and I've been updating where I could. US went great. Todays RE (not mine) is confident in this one sticking. I later read his profile on the clinic site and he is apparently an expert on RPL (I love being in MA, Boston has phenomenal medical experts). Anyway, he said 97% chance of success here. Because I'm still not passed my milestone (off by 1 day!!) I will go back again Tue. Providing that goes as well as today, I'll graduate from their care!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I'm so glad everything is looking good for you!!

You won't see an update from me until late tomorrow if I get a BFP because I want DH to be the first to know and I won't have the opportunity to tell him until 5 o'clock or so
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - ahhh, that’s awesome!! Sounds like it was perfect how it went yesterday with the RE being an expert in RPL and just everything going smoothly! Let us know how it goes on Tuesday! I’m excited to be able to add you to that graduation list - so exciting!! 

@inthewoods23 - will be thinking of you today!! I so, so hope this is it for you! Let us know the result whenever works for you! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday stark white this morning 👎 I'm going to test again on Saturday cuz it's totally possible to not get a BFP until 14dpo right? I'm probably being way too positive here. Makes up for the lack of positive tests ha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - ugh, I so hope your optimism is spot on and you’ll get a different result on Saturday! It just so, so sucks seeing a BFN. I hope the rest of your day goes by smoothly for you and that you get a definitive answer soon! 
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 booooo. Fx for a 14dpo shocker!
  • Options
    @sincethelastday Thank you! This is my second round of clomid and RE said we’d try 3 rounds before moving on to something else. Fingers crossed for a positive OPK for you!

@cigaline I too had to chuckle a bit at your aspirin story. But some people just don’t know when to butt out of other people’s business! That is so cool about those postcards though! I love neat historical things like that. 

@inthewoods23 I’m sorry to hear about your test today but positive thoughts for a BFP on Saturday! I understand it’s very hard and just wanting to know! 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Fantastic news! So glad to hear that for you. Congrats on being the first 2019 graduand :-)

@inthewoods23 Thinking of you and hoping you get good news very soon...

@sramill1008 Hope your cycle is going well so far!

@sincethelastday I see what you mean re the friend and hope in that case that nothing awkward comes up. The friend in my case is a very good friend so it's been harder realising we're not on the same page (in fact pages apart!). I think that now she realises I'm a 'liberal' she probably won't ever try to advise me on what to do...

Re our tests, that's been a lot more bother than I imagined. I had to do a blood test (mainly for blood group it seems - I don't have an official 'card' like they have here) and a sort of smear to test for STDs etc. In France tests are done in private labs, and you just walk into the nearest one to get tested. Except that they all have different procedures. So I rang up to check my local one could do it, and they suggested the afternoon would be less busy, but it would have to be before 6pm for the smear. I turned up at 5.30 and there was no queue, but apparently there was no clinical biologist around for the smear. Plus I was apparently not supposed to have showered that day, and not passed urine for 2 hours before the test. So I went back at 1.30pm another day on my way to the office (carefully paying attention to all the requirements!), and was told that their systems were down and the biologist had gone off on his lunch break! I was beginning to despair of ever getting it done, but finally it was third time lucky: I went to a different lab near work where I was seen straight away, no questions asked :-) Meanwhile DH got his scans done and managed to leave them on the train on the way home :-/ but just after I'd filled in a form at the central lost property office I got home to find that some very kind soul had posted them directly to us :-)

So we're just waiting to have our next appointment at the clinic a week on Wednesday (and for AF in the meanwhile... started to feel sad and tearful today which seems to be a regular occurence now about 5 days beforehand. As if AF wasn't enough on its own...)

• Options
    Hi ladies 👋 I have been posting in the IUI threads in Infertility but now after 2 failed IUI cycles, my insurance is denying further coverage. I feel a bit lost on which direction to go in... basically I don’t think I’ll spend out of pocket for IUI. I’m wrestling with the idea of IVF though because I think I would have success. It’s just so expensive! My clinic says I can try Clomid + timed intercourse for a while... it’s up to me now since insurance is being totally lousy. ( @cigaline it is fantastic that France has ivf covered!! The U.S. has a major healthcare problem and it took me a while to realize it!) 

1.  How long have you been TTC? 

I started TTC in 2017 for almost the whole year. I took a break in 2018 because we had a lot going on with travel and weddings. I started seeing a fertility clinic Nov 2018. 

2.  What is your diagnosis?

I am not sure if I’ve been given a formal diagnosis but it seems that it’s a tubal factor - fluid in my right Fallopian tube. In my HSG scan, both tubes were patent but the right one was dilated. I also had a hysteroscopy last month to remove tiny polyps.

3.  What is your current Rx?

Not currently taking any medication but will probably try 3 months of clomid and times intercourse. 
  • Options
    @cigaline - what an absolute crazy time trying to get that smear done!! And quite odd requirements like the not showering bit. But glad to hear you’ve got all the testing done and that there was a very decent stranger who returned YH’s scans!! Looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes on Wed! Sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling down right before AF.  :/ Anything come up in particular or just the overall crappiness of IF and AF? Hope your appointment brings only good news of moving forward!

My visit with my old coworker went pretty well. I kept the IF talk to a minimum and steered the conversation to other topics. She has three small kids, so regardless of her views on IF treatments, it’s just hard to talk about IF with someone who just hasn’t been there. 

@nancinator - Welcome! So sorry to hear where you’re at with your insurance!! It must be very difficult to be at the crossroads where you’re at right now! I don’t live in the US, so don’t know if this is possible, but is it possible or easy to switch to another insurance company that may be able to cover more IF treatments? Sounds like you’ve been through a lot already, so it would be wonderful if Clomid and TI could be your ticket to success! Anyways, please stick around and I’ll make sure to add you to the weekly check-in list!