August 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ check in w/o 3/2

How far along are you? How big is baby?
How old is/are you other kid(s)?
Nails and fails from this week:
Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again?

Re: STM+ check in w/o 3/2

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? Somewhere between 15w0d and 16w3d. 
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD-6 DS turns 3 next month
    Nails and fails from this week: I am pretty sure I nailed nothing this week at all. Fails- My house is a disaster, too much screen time, too much fast food, snapped at DD way too much. I really need to start my zoloft again. 
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Everyone in our house is sick again, it just feels unfair to be sick on top of feeling crappt pregnancy symptoms.
    GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again? Folding and putting away laundry. That would be amazing. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    15 weeks, avacado

3 in two weeks!
    16 months

Nail: survived
    Fail: tried to juggle work and kids and failed at both.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    My nanny and husband should not be allowed to get sick at the same time. Thank G-d they are both feeling better, but the beginning of the week was a disaster.

GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again?
    I feel like I should pick something I have to do all the time like laundry or dishes, but instead I am going with packing. I hate it. I can never decide what I'm going to want to wear in a few days from now, so I pack too many choices, and then like none of them when the time comes to get dressed, and no matter how many lists I make I always forget something. And now that I have to pack for me and the boys... It's just so annoying!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Allycat11 Some weeks just surviving is a win. Hang in there, and do what you need to do.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 congrats on surviving this week too! 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    15 weeks, size of an orange

DD, age 2

Nail - finally less nauseous, so I cooked up lasagna - one for us, and another for a friend. I’m feeling accomplished!
    Fail - we were basically home all week with colds. My toddler was bouncing off the walls by Thursday. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    Gotta brag about my kid. I’m just so proud of her. My husband started working on sight words with her, and I rolled my eyes and thought it was too early...but she’s picking up on them so fast! Her brain is such an amazing sponge, and I love watching her learn. 

Cleaning the bathroom. I love a clean bathroom, I just hate to be the one to make it clean!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 16w

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2.25 and 4.75

nail: kept everyone alive by myself and kept the house pretty clean. 
    Fail: I'm an angry mom. There's way too much yelling and crying in this house and I've tried to change but it's how I grew up and idk where I'm going wrong. My patience is so thin, especially solo parenting one or two weeks each month.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: the pregnancy insomnia is hitting hard. So is the night hand/wrist swelling leading to carpel tunnel. But today we are going for an elective ultrasound and I'm so excited. And my older kiddo starts Tball this week and I'm just thrilled. I hope she likes it, or at least participates more than she did in soccer. 

I'll say fold the laundry but I'm torn. I really like folding baby and little kid clothes. It's calming. I hate adult clothes. That said, we typically have multiple baskets waiting to be folded because it's just too time consuming, so I'd enjoy help! 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 17 weeks, 1 day

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2.5 and 5

Nails and fails from this week: Fail- I'm at 17 weeks and still nauseous. I threw up in the skillet trying to make the kids pancakes. Never had lingering MS with the first two. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: We were hit with sickness (on top of FIL's calling hours and funeral). We are home now and everyone slept through the night. (For the first time in about a week.) I feel rested and ready for the day.

GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again? Clean the bathroom! It gets dirty so quickly.
  • Options
    @sourlemon I am right there with you when it comes to the yelling and crying. DD and I but heads especially because we have similar strong personalities...she fights everything nonstop, still throws toddler level tantrums and never does anything the first time I ask. I rarely lose my cool with DS - even though he is 2 he almost always does what he is asked, is a people pleaser and rarely throws tantrums. Despite being raised in a household with a lot of yelling I said I never would do that. Before kids Dh and I never raised our voices in fights so I thought we really would be fine. When I was pregnant with DS I became very depressed and ended up discovering I actually have been dealing with anxiety my entire life that got significantly worse after DD was born. When my anxiety gets worse, so does the yelling. Not sure if that is the case for you, but it may be worth looking into...when my anxiety is under control our house runs much more smoothly. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited March 2019
    @allycat11 I don't want to be nosy, but when will they give you an actual due date?  I don't get an official due date until the anatomy scan since there is no prior scan (I was temping though and know what day I ovulated,  so I'm within a day or two of the due date I have now),  but most other people on here have had at least one scan by now so I figured most people have a due date.  Not that it really matters that much,  baby can come whenever in the end lol.

18 weeks,  artichoke or sweet potato

18 months next week

Nail - I had a week off so it was so nice to be home with dh and ds
    Fail - didn't do as much work as I should have. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

Cleaning washrooms.  Bleck.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 that is a great question! I have actually had 4 ultrasounds already, which is what has caused the EDD confusion. Based on LMP I would be due 8/17, baby was consistently measuring about 5-7 days behind for the first 3 scans so they moved it to 8/24. At my last u/s 3-4 weeks ago, baby was measuring 10-11 days ahead.  I have not seen my OB since that scan (I go in this week) so I am curious if they will move my EDD again. If it is now consistently measuring 7+ days ahead, I think it will be moved again. If this was my first I would be super stressed about not having an exact answer but I know baby will show up whenever he/she is ready! I have never made it to my due date before and with this being a 3rd baby and a sunmer baby I will probably go early anyway. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    @sourlemon Add me to the list of angry moms. Usually I have the patience of a saint with my kid...but that disappeared when I got pregnant. I get so frustrated when DD won’t follow direction, or is being whiny. And of course I feel sooo guilt after I lose my cool.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w6d

How big is baby? Size of a taco 🌮 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 13 & 6

Nails and fails from this week: Add me to the list of surviving. Just when I think I’m starting to feel better the fatigue knocks me on my butt. I did have a productive week at work, but there wasn’t anything left of me by the time I got home. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    #1 - sleep: Will I have a decent night of sleep before the baby is born? Either I can’t get comfortable, wake up multiple times to pee, or DH is snoring uncontrollably (which is getting on my nerves way more often these days). 

#2 - my weight: I was lucky enough to be thin through high school and even lost all the baby weight from DS1. Not so much with DS2, I’ve had a little belly pooch since then, but with two kids approaching my mid-30s that’s expected, right? So I’ve never been one to worry or obsess about my weight... until recently. I’ve had two really large pregnancies, so I expected to be large again this go round, but people’s comments are really getting to me. For example, my dad’s new girlfriend (who I just met a week ago) said yesterday “at least you’re almost done”... ummm, no, not even close, not even HALF!! And she knows I’m due in August. 😡 I’ve always been a firm believer that women should celebrate their bodies, especially when pregnant, time to practice what I preach!

Making the weekly grocery list. I loathe it. I don’t mind shopping once the list is made, but I don’t even know what I want for dinner tonight, much less on Wednesday, but we don’t have time to shop through the week. And of course no one else who lives here ever knows what they want to eat 🙄🙄. 
  • Options
    @Allycat11 Why did you stop your zoloft? I'm on it too and recently read about effects during pregnancy. My OB had said it was fine to stay on during pregnancy but now I'm worried. 
  • Options
    15 1/5 weeks

13 months

Nails: Vacuumed, swept, and cleaned the toilet. Yes just the toilet, the rest of the bathroom is still dirty haha. Ask me if I care 😀 Fails: My son is living on snacks. That I let him eat around the house. I mean, that’s why we have dogs right? Haha 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Still ranting about the cold and all the snow we have. I live in WI and I’m so ready for it to be over! 

Definitely vacuuming. We have two dogs who both shed a lot. Our house is perpetually covered in dog hair, so I’d love for someone else to keep up on the vacuuming since neither my husband or I seem to do it. Gross, I know! 
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 meal planning and grocery list making is my favorite chore ever!!! Seriously, not even being sarcastic. 

@jma_18 I wish I was a "food only in the kitchen" mom but I am not at all. My kids eat snacks all over the house, also thankful for our dog. And our house is always covered in dog hair. A week ago we got a robot vacuum and it is a huge hit so far. 

@skp480 I stopped taking it around 6 weeks...but I know it takes a few weeks to get out of your system. The goal was never to make it all pregnancy without but just try for a bit...my call, not my OBs. I took it for the last few months of my pregnancy with DS and he is a healthy, happy, perfectly average almost 3 year old! I did tons of research and am comfortable with it during pregnancy if needed, and there are side effects to not medicating as well. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15w5d an orange

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD 4

Nails: I survived a truly awful stomach bug
    Fails: Probably everything else

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I've started feeling the babe this week, and it's moving to much, it's making me a little nauseous. I don't remember DD moving this much.

GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again? Laundry, from gathering, to washing, to folding, to putting away. All parts of laundry please.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  18w3d sweet potato

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2yrs

Nails and fails from this week: Cleaned my office up real good. Will be moving to a better office in the next month or so.  Getting rid of crap felt so good. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:   I felt the baby move like crazy on Friday.  Sat and Sun I barely felt the baby at all.. now  I'm nervous but really there has been 0 consistency so I'm just going to hold my breath until 3/11 when I have my anatomy scan. 

DISHES! right now DH does them because I gag everytime I look at them. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?: 15w + 2d. I've seen a bunch of fruits - apple, navel orange, grapefruit? 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? Almost 5 and almost 2 

Nails and fails from this week: We went house hunting this weekend which is a nail and a fail all in one.  The inventory is low right now, but I know will pick up.  The issue is we have a lot of things we want in our next home and part of that is separate space for my parents so they can help more.  The problem is, my parents are snobs and aren't willing to compromise and seem to expect this home (our second) to be way beyond what we can responsibly afford.  At the same time, my mom loves to tell me to quit working.  I guess this turned into my dear diary ;)

GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again?: The dishes.  Even when not pregnant my sense of smell is crazy and the dishes often make me gag if they have been sitting even for a short time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    @peachy0709 your parents sound a lot like mine! They think I should hire a nanny / au-pair to help out with having three-kids-under-three...but they aren’t suggesting I go back to work (I’m currently a SAHM)...sooo I guess they think we should go pick some cash off the imaginary money tree in our backyard to pay for that? Lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sourlemon Re:being an angry mom, I think you get credit for wanting to be different. One choice at a time, right?

How far along are you? How big is baby? 16 weeks, CD

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS, 2

Nail: I actually had a few work days this week, which hasn't happened since early December, and is good because we could really use the money to start coming again. 
    Fail: Everything else. I'm still dealing with very nauseated evenings, DS is getting over some mystery (potentially adenoids/bronchial) infection, we ate out a ton, and the budget is out the window. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm really jazzed to finally have our NIPT results back! Now the name negotiations begin in earnest! 

Hmm...  I'm just going to say house cleaning. When we were DINKs we paid for a cleaner every other week and it was amazing. Now, I SAH and it's out of the budget. But I'm a terrible housekeeper. I love cooking, baking is my favorite hobby, I successfully keep my toddler alive every day and reasonably happy... but... the cleaning escapes me. DH cleans but sporadically and with much cajoling. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    For everyone who hates vacuuming, especially those with dogs, have you looked into getting a Roomba? We have 3 BIG (70lb+) dogs that all shed a TON. We bought ourselves a Roomba for Christmas a few years ago and it is seriously life changing. It doesnt do the whole house (too much dog hair) but itll do about half the house each day. Overall we have a lot less dog hair (and just general crud) around the house.

• Options
    hillaryo14hillaryo14 member
    edited March 2019
    18+2, artichoke (edited to correct weeks) 

15 months 

Nails: 2 more days til spring break! 
    Fails: Had to get a new microwave cause our barely 2 year old one went out last week and the new one hasn't been installed yet. Also, this awful headache I've had since yesterday and nothing helps so far.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

Sweep and mop, and dusting!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15w3d (can't believe it) size of a yellow canary

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 6y and 1y

Nails and fails from this week: Signed up DS1 for his talent show and took him to a practice with his friends already, so that was a win.  Fail for the week, having to leave early to get DS1 early from school after they called and said he was sick.  He was not acting sick at ALL and had a very slight temp...  Tried milking being home from school early and I eventually gave in to let him sit and watch TV so he would stop complaining and I could cook dinner.  ugh,

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: maybe the above was more of a rant. I am driving over 7 hours with my mom and DS2 this weekend to visit my grandmother.  I am NOT looking forward to being in the car for so long with my 1yo.  It's going to mess with his schedule and just be torture of a ride...  wish me luck...  he also is getting in 4 teeth (possibly 6) first molars and canines on the bottom.  So out of order.

GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again? Could I have something clean the whole house? lol If it had to be one thing it would probably be laundry, I hate folding and putting clothes away so much.

@sourlemon we have a different version of the roomba to pick up all the little dirt and things that DS2 constantly picks up all over the floor to eat.  Its been working great but it gets stuck on something different every day. 
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    Pro Roomba tip: you need to keep the home docking location somewhere inaccessible to your toddler. Otherwise the toddler may hit a bunch of buttons and manage to set the Roomba on a schedule....like at 11am every Tuesday. And if you’re not expecting the Roomba to magically start working while you’re out of the house, and you haven’t picked up, then the Roomba may run over the ribbon from the balloon you picked up for your beloved toddler at the grocery store the previous day. The ribbon will get all tangled up in the Roomba, and it will be destroyed. 

Aren’t toddlers fun?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @velvetskyy that does not sound fun. Whenever we need to travel DH and I try and leave as close to or even after bed time as we can, so the boys sleep through most of the trip, but given the length of that trip, I'm guessing that's not an option. Best of luck!!
    @aecm :lol: toddlers are the best. It's amazing what they can manage to do with a random button smash. I gave mine our locked chromebook, never say "What's the worst he can do?" he somehow deleted my profile off of it...
  • Options
    Our Roomba base is in the master bedroom. Which means our master is pretty well vacuumed each day but it either gets stuck on there or picks up so much dog hair each day the rest of the house doesn't get vacuumed regularly. So we put it in other rooms and start it before we leave. It's not a perfect solution but it helps a lot. 

• Options
    @aecm Our beloved toddler is scared of the roombas. So he has learned that if it comes on, he can race to it and hit the off button. So, it pretty much never runs anymore! But the toys all have to be picked up first and that is happening less the more my belly grows anyway.  
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @mrosek91 unfortunately not.  Its a down and back which I am hoping to overlap naptime on the way home at the very least and take breaks so he can get out and walk.  Getting there will be a disaster.  
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 16w, 6d - TACO!
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD1 is 2.5 (2-2/3 if you wanna get really technical)
    Nails and fails from this week: Nails: Did a simple redecoration of the spare bath (which my mother defaced around Christmas time - without consent/with specific instructions NOT to do anything in there). Fails: I CANNOT get this stupid project done that has been outstanding for 3.5 months, like I can't summon the willpower. I WILL finish this by tomorrow. I will.
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Dear Diary: I just want 24 hours to myself (and, obviously, away from work), please and thank you.
    GTKY: If you had a staples easy button that magically completed a chore but it only worked for one chore. What chore would you choose to never have to do again? Cleaning bathrooms. The sole reason I have a housekeeper twice a month.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)