1st Trimester
Options

Nauseous all the time but can only eat carbs

I'm roughly 7 weeks pregnant and have been extremely nauseous when I don't eat. When I do eat the only thing that I can get down are carbs. I feel like I'm not getting what my body and baby needs but I can't seem to eat anything else. I've also been losing weight instead of gaining with all the carbs. I feel like I can't even get off the couch. My first OB isn't for 3 more weeks. Any recommendations on how to get a little relief? 

Re: Nauseous all the time but can only eat carbs

• Options
    Eat the carbs. Your body does need them. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    What pp said. Sometimes the first tri is just about getting anything down. I lived on carbs and then when my nausea got better I started adding other things that I could tolerate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Echoing the above that first tri is about getting what you can down when you’re nauseous.  Eat all the carbs.  When you can, eat more nutritious options.  
  • Options
    That’s pretty normal. Just make sure you’re taking a prenatal vitamin. By not getting nutrients, you are only hurting yourself, not the baby. Your baby essential steals everything it needs from your body.