FFFC! 3/1

Spill it!

Image result for FFFC meme
*TW*
Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
Married 8/16/13
BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

Re: FFFC! 3/1

• @zuuls_mom
    ryan gosling lol GIF

On UO Thursdays and FFFC Fridays, I'm reminded of just how lame and non-controversial I am.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @RedBreast35 You can’t be that lame. Is there nothing scandalous you’ve done?!

I “steal” packets of Splenda from the break room and stockpile them in my desk. I love Splenda!! 
  • @RedBreast35 let it out!! I admit I paid 7.99 TWICE for the Ramzi theory ‘read’ on my first and second ultrasounds. The first one was an abdominal scan and the pic showed baby on the right side of the pic. Per ‘experts’ this was indicative of the right side of pic = left side of uterus which meant girl. Next US was transvaginal and again, baby showed on right side of pic. But I thought if you flip flopped for abdominal US, you didn’t for transvaginal? Or vice versa? But either way that they were opposites? Yet again they said right of pic = left of uterus = girl! Dying for NIPT Monday to get real result.
  • @RedBreast35 let your snark flag fly!! It's time. I was afraid to say something because I didn't want to be the only one lol. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I always cut my own hair, and am not that careful about it.
    I overcook chicken - I know I'm cooking it too long and do it anyway.
  • @RedBreast35 Eh, yeah I get what you mean. I mean...I have some pretty controversial thoughts on a lot of things, but it’s not the time nor place I suppose. And someone is bound to get offended and butthurt about it (but I know...deep down they’re agreeing with me). Also, I want to be snarky to the drivebys, but you are so right that someone else is always nice to them and I always think “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. Urgh! 

Oh the single days...I threw up in a bar bathroom once. I can’t recall if I missed the toilet/trash can but I’m pretty sure I did. I also wanna say that I tried to clean up, but who the eff knows. It was a blurry summer night. 
  • @cammie0526 OMG I love that so much lol.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @ternsetc I also cut my own hair and don't really care. Started when DS was born. It really upped my level of not caring. 
  • This one is stupid, but I'm annoyed with my parents. As soon as we told them we were pregnant (Wednesday) they did the same thing that they did when we told them about DS--tell the entire world as if it is theeeeir news to share. I get it. They're excited! They love their grand babies and want more so they're excited to tell people. TOOOTALLY understand. But the way in which they do it and tell people makes it almost turned into "their news" and not "our news" and it frustrates the hell out of me. Especially since we have a long history loss and I'm hesitant to share the news as if it's bad karma or will curse me, which is also stupid. They also say things like "ohhhhh we knew you were pregnant when...." blah blah blah. They came out about a month ago for DS's birthday. I had an ear infection, severe upper respiratory infection, DS hadn't slept in a week, and I was planning a birthday party for 30 people to come over in a couple hours and was EXHAUSTED! So I brought DS down to my mom, laid him in her bed, and started crying because I was just SO tired and needed a break and knew it wasn't coming... parenting can be hard! Of course they were like "WE THOUGHT YOU WERE PREGNANT BECAUSE YOU CRIED THAT ONE DAY!!!!" Can't I just be exhausted and eat the end of my rope?!?! And every time my dad sees me since I got married, he asks if I'm pregnant or asks everyone around if they they think I'm pregnant. So now he thinks he "called it" because he asked my bestie if I was pregnant that weekend. It's not "calling it" if you literally do it EVERY TIME YOU SEE ME! Sorry--ragey. And exhausted. And tired. And just need a week or two in isolation from the world, and work, and screaming toddler. 

<<END WHINING RANT OF EXHAUSTED PREGGO MAMA OF A TERRIBLE-2S-TODDLER RIGHT HURRR>>
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 the called it people are the worst! I would be extra ragey if it was parents. When we announced DS, everyone "called it" because I had water with my meal like I always do, instead of alcohol like I rarely do. 
  • @bubsalicious SO ANNOYING! So now clearly every woman who ever drinks water is clearly pregnant ::eye roll::
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FFFC: I know it's Saturday but, I went out with my sister and her boyfriend last night to a fancy bar and ate a couple of soft cheeses of the most delicious cheese platter and I feel guilty for not feeling guilty about it which is weird. I'm also currently in bed eating cold leftover nachos as part of my kid-free weekend celebration. 

I also feel the need to apologize for being lurky instead of more active.

@sunshine2417 I also hate the "I KNEW IT" people...no, no you didn't, I told you and you overanalyze every interaction in the last month or 2
    @bubsalicious the water thing gets me too
    ...I'm not a heavy drinker so when people mention that one, it's like, seriously? I'm always opting out
  • @sunshine2417 “called it” people suuuck. Why do they have to be so nosy and annoying? 

@OmegaRose3 enjoy your kid free weekend!! And don’t feel guilty about the cheese. Live your best life!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I am more of a lurker on most of the posts and might be one of the ‘drive by’ posters (@lillywonderland) you are talking about but I enjoy reading and being a part of it from a distance for now. I will often write something as a response and then delete it. Even in social settings I’m one to stay on the sidelines and watch. 
  • @kraane hi! I think the drive by posters are the ones that come and ask a question and then never respond back to everyone that took the time to answer the question. It’s people that are actually kinda rude, not anything like what you are describing! 
  • @blitzybee thanks for the clarification! 
  • @sunshine2417 hate the I knew it people! My MIL is one of those and it drives me crazy. When we told her we were expecting she immediately said she “knew it”... mind you, my husband and I hadn't seen her since i got pregnant and I hadn’t talked to her since either. So how she thinks she “knew” is beyond me. So annoying!! 
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited March 2019
    @RedBreast35 I think the theories are just for fun to speculate. We had fun looking at different theories but obviously didn’t go buying boy or girl things based on them. Haha If people are buying into them they’re crazy. it’s all a coincidence if it’s right. 

@kiddiesandkitties so exciting for your NIPT results Monday. Keep us posted! 
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    I am with you all on the I Knew people. That being said there  is one girl at work that asked me after an all staff meeting in the middle of January if i was pregnant( also I am very easy to read and can't lie so she found out then)and no one knew at this point. she said people have a different look to them when there pregnant. She has done this before to others work. I think she can just tell when people are pregnant.
  • @sunshine2417 UGHHH. I told only a couple close friends that we were trying, so they’re the only ones who kind of have an excuse to say “I knew it”.

A “friend” of mine who I rarely see or talk to is convinced that I’m pregnant and has tried to get more than one mutual friend to spill the beans - but she hasn’t said anything to me directly. So I’m just being a passive aggressive jerk and deliberately not telling her or announcing anywhere that she can see  :#
  • @RedBreast35 so maybe my MIL is actually a witch haha would explain a lot. She’s evil 😂
  • @cammie0526 that would totally piss me off! Just be direct and ask me! Don’t ask everyone else! It’s because of how my parents respond that I always want to wait forever to tell them. It’s so annoying. Maybe it’s pregnancy bitchiness but I totally agree with you that it’s okay to wait!

I don’t know if we’re going to do any form of official FB announcement or anything this time around... maybe just a cute announcement text to our friends or something, at least until we are further along. We have SO many weddings and events this year that it will be rather obvious in all the photos.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RedBreast35 Snark it up!  Do it for us!  I was so tempted to snark that post yesterday but I was trying to unpack (conning my husband into unpacking while I rested because I was so tired.  And by rested I mean entertained my toddler, so really, who wins in that situation from an energy expenditure perspective?)  Also, I'm in the same boat.  I feel boring and uncontroversial.  Haha.  I have plenty of past embarrassing things I could share, but nothing remotely current.