October 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check in W/O 2/25

This check-in will be posted every Wed. Welcome all new members. No TW needed here for loss discussions, but please use a TW to discuss living children. 

How far along are you/EDD?

Current mood?

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs?

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What’s your favorite weekend activity?

Re: PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check in W/O 2/25

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 8w6d/Oct 3

Current mood? 🤷🏼‍♀️ It varies by moment, honestly

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.

Fetalhood starts tomorrow! Viability and 2nd dating scan 3/7. MW and panorama draw is 3/22. The MW wants to double check to make sure things are as they should be since the HB was on the low normal end at my 2/7 dating scan

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? NBR—we close on our house on Friday!! We started this process in March 2018 so I’m ready to have this done (new construction)

GTKY: What’s your favorite weekend activity?

Sleep and nap time LOL

BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options

Hi ladies. New addition here 👋🏼 I’ve been lurking for a few weeks waiting for some confirmation on whether I’d get to stick around in here or not but decided to jump in anyways.

How far along are you/EDD? 🤷🏻‍♀️ We did a round of clomid before I had a period since my cycles are 45+ days long and my hCG was back to baseline. My best guess based on hCG and a viability scan that showed pretty much nothing is 5 weeksish?

Current mood? Wanting to be excited but also anxious for my next appointment. Everything always goes well this early so it’s just a waiting game.

Started TTC Feb 18 and was pregnant right away. Thought we were being kind of sneaky by getting a dating ultrasound before my first appointment and ended up finding out I was having a MMC at 11 weeks. No FHR and what the ultrasound tech took for a fetal pole was later discredited by my OB. The yolk sac was massive and the gestational sac was abnormal so we decided to do medical treatment to induce the passage of uterine contents. Progesterone levels were also super low and incompatible with successful pregnancy. They estimated it had already been over 6 weeks since baby stopped growing so no real use in hoping for natural passage in our minds. 2nd pregnancy started in Sept 18 and had a CP in Nov. Chromosomal analysis was completed with a normal result so we opted to start the RPL work up. Everything came back normal so we kept TTC. Pregnancy 3 was conceived right after that loss and again ended in CP at 8 weeks. We moved in to our new place 2 days before it happened so got in fairly quickly with the new OB here but had to explain everything all over again. Normal SIS and then decided to start clomid once hCG hit baseline. Started progesterone suppositories after ovulation. FRER BFP on 2/9 but scan on 2/22 only showed thickened endometrium and possible intradecidual sac sign with very small possible gestational sac (hence not knowing my dates yet).

TLDR; MMC May 2018, CP Nov 2018, CP Jan 2019. Normal RPL studies and SIS. Did clomid and on progesterone. BFP 2/9/19.

Next appointment March 15. Hopefully far enough to see something by then. That will be after our usual point when I’ve lost 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? We haven’t told our families about any of our TTC/pg/loss history. Not that we aren’t close with them, but we want to work through this together and have good news to share before we reveal all the past bad. It makes it hard when my mom keeps asking when we’re going to try though. My sister is getting married in June, which would have been my due date month with pregnancy 2 so when we went dress shopping, I suggested an empire waist and I think she became suspicious. But obviously the CP ruined that timing. My sister’s bachelorette is in April and I’m dreading even having to say something that early since it’s still first tri. 

I’m glad I can unload all this on you ladies who have been there before and understand where I’m coming from.

GTKY: What’s your favorite weekend activity? Husband and I like to go shooting at the outdoor range here. We also take hikes with the pups through the park which is always a good time!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you/EDD? 6wks/ Oct 23

Current mood? Ok...

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. 2 mmc & 1cp in 2018

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? Tomorrow is the 1yr anniversary of our first loss. My memories of the days surrounding are pretty clear still. Today was the day of my 11wk appt where they couldn't find the HB. Fri will be the anniversary of my surgery. It's quite an eventful week. To top that off today is 6wks. This is around the time things started going downhill for both MMCs. Slow growth going no further then 6+5. I have my first US next week. On that day I'll be 7wks by LMP and 6+5 by O date. I'm just hoping that things are going smoothly in there and that a nice strong HB is present.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Egh, think I covered it above.

GTKY: What’s your favorite weekend activity? I enjoy simple things. Just being able to relax or go do something small and enjoyable. A nice lunch is always a good bet.

• Options
    @cmbt2 the home buying process is stressful. How exciting that its finally coming to the end of yours! We've been looking seriously for about a year and haven't had any luck.

@bacheerios I like to go shooting with my dad. I actually bought a new Sig last year and have yet to fire it. He keeps hounding me to go so I'm sure this spring will fix that.
  • Options
    How far along are you/EDD? Officially 7 weeks today. EDD got pushed back 2 days to 10/17.

Current mood? Feeling good, but anxious. 

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. MC on January 4

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? Second scan coming up 3/8 at 8 weeks 1 day! Hoping to see some good growth and an increased heart rate!

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Had some spotting last week, and was able to go in for an early ultrasound last Friday. Baby was measuring 2 days smaller than my ovulation date per an OPK at 6w1d. HR was at 108, which my doctor said was lower than textbook, but that the baby was still really young. She said she was "cautiously optimistic," and that she wanted to see me again in at least a week, but no later than 2. I feel like I should have asked so many more questions about what she meant by "cautiously optimistic," and if the heartbeat was anything to worry about, but I was so excited to see the spotting didn't mean I was miscarrying again. I know I'm probably overthinking everything, but now I'm super anxious about the next ultrasound. Because of my husband's work schedule we weren't able to get an appointment until next Friday, exactly 2 weeks after the first and the latest she wanted, so now I guess I just have to be patient.

GTKY: What’s your favorite weekend activity? Brunch, brunch, brunch. And maybe taking a barre, cardio kickboxing, or yoga class. But then definitely going to brunch afterwards.