edited February 2019 in July 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?

Re: Group 2 check in - week of 2/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15, 20w 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK!

Upcoming Appointments: none for a while

How are you feeling?: sleeping in hard, words are hard, moving is hard...

Rants/Raves:  Been in AZ the last few days. LOVING the weather, but definitely ready to go home!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? Not really a movie person. I get bored. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 15 20weeks 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink 

Upcoming Appointments: 3-12 

How are you feeling?: much better! 

Rants/Raves:  i got my pregnancy pillow so I’m excited for all of my problems to magically disappear 😂

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I hate movies. I literally dread watching them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13/ 20W+2

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): found out today we are team pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan today. Go back need of March for a regular check up 

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Having trouble staying asleep, but overall can’t conplain

Rants/Raves:  the weather is suppose to be gorgeous the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to a lot of outside time with the boys! 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? Loved movies growing up! Don’t watch a ton now so no real favorite. My favorites growing up though that I can’t wait to watch with the kids are Free Willy, The Mighty Ducks, The Three Ninjas, and The Ninja Turtles! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @cindler- Yes, words are hard! 🤣 I finally announced my pregnancy to a colleague I spend tons of time collaborating with. Now at least she knows why I can’t finish thoughts and remember terminology! Now I can just refer to “the thing” and she gets it. 

@nolemomma14 - Congrats! 🎉 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana? I don’t believe it...

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): BLUE!  Found out at last appt. Stoked.

Upcoming Appointments: 3 weeks ahead

How are you feeling?: My doctor told me my afternoon to bedtime headaches were low blood pressure mixed with blood sugar drops. She said switch my water to Gatorade at 2pm every day and eat a banana. I eat the banana with mixed nuts to balance the sugar a little. Then I drink Gatorade with ice for the rest of the day. I haven’t had a headache in more than a week! I would never drink Gatorade like this while not pregnant since its sugary (or eat bananas), but they are solving my debilitating headache problem right now! Love my doctor.

Rants/Raves:  Rant: I totally can’t tell if I’m feeling the baby move. I feel things but just don’t know if it’s the baby or my digestion.
    I was expecting a discernable kick, I guess! Doc says soon...

Questions: Well, can anyone define the first feelings of movement better than “butterflies”? I feel something more like a wobble...

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? My personal favorite is The Big Lebowski. For kid movies, the original cartoon Alice in Wonderland...and the Wizard of Oz...but those are both for older kids. I find a lot of the animated stuff for young kids really annoying. Toy Story was probably the last one I liked!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10th - 20 Weeks, 5 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): paper airplane ✈️ 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK 🎀 so happy we finally know 

Upcoming Appointments: March 22nd 

How are you feeling?: feeling good physically! We found out I have Marginal Cord Insertion at our AS. Google searches on that make me hella nervous. OB keeps saying it’ll be fine, but I have three more ultrasounds scheduled over the next 2.5 months for them to do some extra monitoring. Higher risk of low birth weight babies, worse case scenario it can lead to stillbirth. 

Rants/Raves:  I had the worst experience at a kid’s consignment shop today. I’d share the whole story but it’s long and I honestly don’t want to get worked up about it again. One crying sesh is enough for today! Screw judgey parents. 

Questions: anyone else heard of Marginal Cord Insertion or experienced it themselves? I need someone to help ease my anxiety-ridden mind... 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?
    Hard question! I really love movies. Two I can watch over and over again without tiring is Devil Wears Prada and Sex and the City 1&2... total chick flicks. 
    Can’t wait to share all of our favorite Disney movies with baby girl .... just shared Lilo & Stitch with my son a few weeks ago and he’s obsessed now! So fun! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20 weeks 4 days

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Find out tomorrow! Can't wait😊

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow😉

How are you feeling?: Some back aches and can't always get comfortable at night.

Rants/Raves:  Just spent an incredible weekend away with my Mom and 3 older sisters, no kids! We were celebrating my Mom's 60th. We stayed at a sweet air bnb only an hour away. Spent the weekend pampering ourselves, eating, playing games, laughing, praying, and crying together. I'm thankful for such a close knit family❤

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I'm not a big movie person😏
  • quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 20 weeks today!!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 3/4 prenatal and 3/11 ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Ok. Been having some occasionally crampy feelings and soooo out of breath all the time. We found out at the AS that I have a two vessel cord so I have to go in for additional ultrasounds to check for anomalies and monitor growth. So far everything has looked good so I'm hoping this will just be one of those quirky things, but it has got me feeling anxious again. Baby wasn't in a good position to check his heart at the AS so we are going back in a couple weeks to get a good look.

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I can't believe you guys don't like movies!!  Lol. I have too many favorites to pick one. My favorites as a kid were musicals (Sound of Music, Hello Dolly, the Music Man, etc.), Disney, the Princess Bride, and anything with horses.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 20+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana?

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Had our AS last week which was very exciting. My first group appointment is tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: Really good still. Enjoying it while I can :)

Rants/Raves:  We leave for our babymoon in Hawaii on Friday and I am SO excited!

Questions: Now that I'm at 20 weeks I'm so confused about the whole lying on your back thing. I'm planning on talking to my midwife about it tomorrow but I don't really get how long you can lay on your back and/or what actually constitutes laying on your back (like do I need to be laying on my side when I'm watching TV in bed/on the couch?!). My googling hasn't been super helpful so I'm hoping my midwife can help clarify what I actually need to avoid.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? These days I'm more into TV than movies but I could watch Step Brothers all day long. My favorite kids movie is Homeward Bound.
  • @msimi RE lying on your back, I am also confused. I asked my midwife and she basically said if you're comfortable, you're fine. And that eventually it would not be comfortable to be on your back or stomach.
  • @msimi and @quinniebear you will definitely notice once you can’t lay on your back anymore! I had an ultrasound at 37 weeks with my last pregnancy. It was with the perinatologist so super detailed and long, and I had to sit up every 15 minutes or so and take a break before they could continue. You’ll notice a shortness of breath, and won’t be comfortable at all! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @msimi and @quinniebear my understanding is that you'll notice when there is a blood flow restriction. I think its lightneadedness, shortness of breath, numbness, that kind of thing. I have prioritized laying on my side, but have to move to my back sometimes just for a change. I've been relying on the "you'll know" mantra for when it's time to rotate. I'm sure as baby gets bigger/heavier, I'll get that message sooner and sooner.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21+0, July 9th

Baby is the size of a(n): weasel  :D

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: Not for a few weeks. I had my fetal echo yesterday and everything looked great! Yay :smiley:

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling good. Getting more RLP, especially when I wake up, but not too terrible. Definitely have to sit up and eat more slowly these days too. 

Rants/Raves: Ugh baby shower. My mom has all these strict etiquette rules she lives by, and she's making me feel bad and selfish for even wanting a shower, though I know she's not trying to do so. My sister is 'hosting,' but she's just a year out of college and needs a little help, which Mom isn't interested in providing thus far.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? Classic Disney movies!!! I love them! We're going to have to buy them though - I don't know anyone who still has a VHS player! My favorite movie as an adult is Top Gun - probably have to wait a few years on that one  ;) 
  • I love the pregnant chicken page and found this article years ago.

https://pregnantchicken.com/best-sleeping-position-during-pregnancy/

As long as you are comfortable sleeping/laying on your back is ok.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10/21wks

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: next appt is March 6

How are you feeling?: tired and sore. RLP and sciatica have flared big time the last few weeks. 

Rants/Raves:  rant- I'm starting to get a nasty varicose vein behind my knee again. It happened with #3 and #4 but not this early. Boo!! Rave- all 4 boys are sharing a room again and it's been amazing not having to force them to clean up two rooms. I've also started setting up the guestroom/nursery which makes me happy! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? This is a hard one. I love A Beautiful Mind, all the Monty Python movies, Disney, The Green Mile, Space balls, What Dreams May Come, and soo many more.

I can't wait to share the Monty Python movies. We tried to let my 8yr old watch the Holy Grail one but it definitely was over his head still. Ha!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat my veins are awful😔 They're the worst on the left side of my right knee. I've had them all 3 times and they don't really go away between pregnacies. They haven't hurt too much this time...yet. Not looking forward wearing shorts this summer🙄
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green 

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until March 20

How are you feeling?: All the sudden this weekend I was like, WHOA I feel PREGNANT and HUGE. Like the end of the night off the couch is a bit of a struggle. I have a feeling that my recent stress induced shit diet isn't helping, but dang, I feel like 30+ weeks, not 21. 

Rants/Raves:  Just like @nopegoat and @kingdommom the vericose veins are AWFUL. Painful and ugly on my left shin. Realizing all those cute summer dresses I bought on clearance are probably going to go unworn since I'm already in compression stockings all day everyday. 
    Also, such a privileged problem, but I'm beyond stressed over this house buying/selling situation. I'm sure in a couple months I'll be happy that we did it, but it's got me in tears pretty much daily. Blerg. 

Questions:  Not pregnancy related: Would you consider traveling with your July baby to Hawaii in September with a friend? A little back story - I'm feeling pretty sad that with the mortgage increase and double daycare we're going to be looking at couple years without a big vacation probably. A friend is traveling with a rowing group, and mentioned that I could come along as her "support" person - in the past it's been her partner and she's uninviting him this time, lol. It's a shared house so lodging would be super cheap and I have enough air miles to cover a ticket. Would you ditch your husband and preschooler and go for it? I'd also still be on maternity leave...

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?  I have lots that I can go back to - Clueless, Mean Girls, 500 Days of Summer, Cider House Rules, Princess Bride, etc. 
    My kid is kind of into movies but never wants the same one on repeat. I think I like Moana more than she does. 
    I'm excited to watch some of those adolescent movies with her - will be fun to see if they translate. 

@msimi my OB is like you'll know when it's a problem. I'm still trying to train myself to be a side sleeper, but I wake up on my back all the time, I'm not worried about it. 
  • @erynpdx DH and I watched Cruel Intentions recently. It's a movie we both really liked in high school. HOLY COW! That movie has not aged well! What were just sexual innuendos when I was young are just straight up rape/assault today. We were shocked!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 21w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): endive, least weasel

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue!! 

Upcoming Appointments: March 27th

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling fine. Exhausted as usual 

Rants/Raves:  rant : we were going to do a gender reveal cake for dd and so I can record her reaction. Dh was being impatient and I had to keep telling him after dinner. He puts a cover on it but it was touching the top of the cake. Before I can even get up and get ready to record he takes the cover of and half of the icing was on the cover and you could see what color the cake was. I was pissed and sad bc it wasn't really surprise anymore. 

Questions: none

My favorite movies are lion king, dark knight, hocus pocus. I was excited about the lion king but dd is pretty much scared of any movie that's not barbie, strawberry shortcake. We are very limited on kid movies she'll watch. She has seen the top kid movies like frozen, trolls, Moana but all bc they watched it in school. She won't watch them at home. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/14, 20w5d 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up US on 3/15, next OB 4/2

How are you feeling?: Nauseous still and pelvic pain

Rants/Raves:  YAY FOR BEING HALF WAY!!!!  Also the anatomy scan went really well but he would not flip for pics of his spine so we have to go back for those.

Questions: Anyone else still nauseous?  This is way longer than with my first.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? Shawshank Redemption is the best.  I also like Fracture, Mr Brooks, and other movies like that.
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm That gender reveal fail really sucks. I’m sorry! Sometimes you wonder why life’s gotta do shit like that. 🙄. Hope more milestone moments go great for you to make up for it! ☘️