Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/25

• gembudgembud member
    edited February 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 22w0d 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: 3/11

How are you feeling?: Better, last week I avoided the board (and people in general) but I am feeling much better and am not allowing myself to fall into that cycle.

Rants/Raves: Mondays are better because they are the start of a new pregnancy week for me - keeping that positivity rolling

Questions: Is there a similar site to ASOS for maternity clothes? I have an event every weekend until two weeks before baby is here (YIKES!) and I already own a lot of pretty mat dresses from ASOS, but struggling to find some more stuff that I like. Also, if you haven't checked out ASOS highly recommend, it's all I've been wearing.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I'm the worst I have too many favorite movies, but Wizard of Oz for sharing for sure. Not a movie, but all of Rugrats is on hulu, so yes my child will be watching the rugrats just like I did.

Happyin14mama_bear19jenniferjoy37Panaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8 21W today

Baby is the size of a(n): a carrot or bok choy

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Placenta check 3/11

How are you feeling?: Better emotionally as I have had some real honest to goodness baby movement over the weekend. Still can't feel a lot, but more than nothing. 

Rants/Raves:  Not really, just getting ready for a LONG week full of SPED meetings and paperwork - some of which I have messed up due to pregnancy brain :(

Questions: Ok, any other mamas that were minimally active before pregnancy or early on that have gotten in to exercise more recently or with previous pregnancies? I am literally having dreams of taking and even teaching kick boxing classes, lifting weights (LOVE weight lifting, it is my go-to exercise) and running. I want to be active and start really working out so bad, but I really don't know how to get started slow.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO

Impossible question for me, it truly depends on the genre. I have favorites in many categories, but I will be sharing overall Disney love with the baby, and I expect her brothers to share some of their favorites too :)

gembudmama_bear19jenniferjoy37Panaceia
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7-4, 21w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal this week 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted .. I felt like I got energy back for a few weeks and now it’s gone.  I hope I’m not this tired for the rest of the pregnancy.

Rants/Raves:  We started working on the nursery which makes me excited and nervous at the same time.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? Harry Potter
    What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO
    Harry Potter, Monsters Inc, Toy Story
    gembudjenniferjoy37Panaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 21+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Baseball Hat

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 3/21, another US for heart/face shots

How are you feeling?: feeling okay. I’m developing this varicose vein again right at the crease of my knee, and it’s causing a lot of pain. I have compression socks, but they only go up to the knee, so it’s not really high enough, and I don’t want to wear the compression hose. I got a compression knee band and that causes me more pain. My OB may give me a dermatology consult to go over this. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I can’t sleep. I’m starting to get numbness in my fingers only on my left when I sleep on my left. Then my shoulder hurts when I sleep on my right. Ugh. 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? 
    Any Disney movie! Haha. I love Nemo and Frozen and The Little Mermaid. But if we’re talking about a normal, non-kid movie, I love Fight Club. That’ll definitely be one to share later on in the years. 

indulgentgypsygembudmama_bear19Panaceia
  • I am 22 weeks today. Due July 1st. Baby is size of coconut. Team green. My next apt isn’t until 3/11. I feel pretty good pregnancy speaking but I have another stinking cold/cough. Despite my cold I’m keeping up with my workouts and that helps me continue to feel great. @indulgentgypsy- walking is always a great way to start being more active or have you considered looking into prenatal yoga or barre classes? Those are low impact. As far as movies go I’m on the Disney bandwagon! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 21+3

Baby is the size of a(n): endive!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal and sugar test in about 4 weeks. 

How are you feeling?:  Okay. Still have aversions to all food and days of nausea. Also been kind of tired.... but constant baby kicks make it all worth it. Also, she is SO ACTIVE. 

Rants/Raves:  I really wanted to love before LO but MH and I aren’t on the same page about budget and location. We went to open houses this weekend and that’s when I realized how much he’s not ready to move. I’m super bummed. He says that’s not what he’s saying.... but I don’t see how we get on the same page and find a house in the next 4-6 weeks. 

Questions: No.... 

So many! Disney! Harry Potter! Annie - the original. We just did this with my son and he was a bit... cool on it. But he’s also been a bit bored by Star Wars. 
  • @indulgentgypsy, it’s mostly about heart rate and not exerting yourself past certain points. And I know we aren’t supposed to be doing anything from your back. Hand weights should be fine! 
    Panaceia
  • @indulgentgypsy I think walking, swimming, light weights, and similar activities ... would all be fine.  With any activity just make sure you’re not over doing it and can do the “talk test”.
    Panaceia
  • @indulgentgypsy I know what you mean... pregnancy shortness of breath can be brutal.... what about walking granny pace?  Sometimes I walk granny pace so I don’t cramp.  I probably look silly, but at least I’m moving. 😂
  • @mama_bear19 walking flat surfaces I'm mostly fine, it is literally stairs that are fricking killing me right now - and my classroom is on the second floor. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21w 3d - July 5

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming Appointments:  3/8 - monthly checkup

How are you feeling?: Much better after having the flu all last week! 

Rants/Raves:  Sleep problems are starting again, I just can't stay asleep these days. I had insomnia the last few months of both my previous pregnancies, I'm bigger sooner this time around, so it looks like they are starting a little earlier.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? So many movies, it's so hard to pick just one. Fight Club is still one of my all time favorites. Sharing all the Disney movies. 
    gembudjenniferjoy37Panaceia
  • @indulgentgypsy +1 for the SOB while walking upstairs. Our nursery is upstairs for DD and after I go up them, I’m so winded... walking the 10k in May is gonna be a bitch! 
    indulgentgypsy
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21+5, July 3

Baby is the size of a(n): bok choy 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl

Upcoming Appointments: March 6

How are you feeling?: I woke up at 2 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep until around 6. I’m so tired! I tried to go out for a run but felt really lightheaded so came back inside. Guess my body needs a rest day! Today is anomalous, though—I've been feeling pretty great this past week (and I mean great in size and great in feelings/otherwise 😄).

Rants/Raves:  Had a really fun weekend with my guy. He’s headed out to East Texas for the rest of the week, so it was great to have such good quality time together. Got a lot done around the house + spent some time with family and friends. 

Questions: Any of you have experience with or thoughts about cord blood banking? I’ve been getting lots of info on it but would like to hear others’ opinions to help round out my own thinking. Is it worth doing?

I feel like I have lots of favorites, it just depend a what mood I am in (or what season it is). I should probably give the second question more consideration; it’s a nicer way of looking at it than me over here just hoping she doesn’t like movies and shows I can’t stand. Lol. As the adult, I guess I do have some agency over what she watches! I did always love the Wizard of Oz... 
    gembudjenniferjoy37mama_bear19
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 1st/ 22+0...17 weeks at the most to go for me:)

Baby is the size of a(n): some sort of pie thing

Upcoming Appointments: GTT in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: OK. Tired. I'm feeling more movement but on days like today where she doesn't really move and I don't feel anything I get super stressed. Still nauseous too. I know with the anterior placenta movement won't he more consistent for a few more weeks but it still stresses me out.

Rants/Raves:  I sorted all my baby clothes over the weekend and got all the 0-6 month things washed and organized. Yay! I also bought the bassinet I wanted so my baby shopping is officially done!

Questions: I can't remember mine:/

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?

I don't know that I have a favourite. There are many I like that I make DD watch with me...but not sure which is my favourite favourite.

jenniferjoy37gembudmama_bear19
  • @indulgentgypsy I have started walking and swimming. I have a step counter that I wear (just an old school one, not digital or blue tooth or anything). I aim for 10k steps a day but usually cap out around 5k a day. And I go swimming with DD for 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a week. I don't do a ton of swimming but just walking around in the water is a nice change of pace. I am determined to not gain any weight between now and my next appointment  (my nurse let me see the number on the scale at my last appointment which likely wasn't the best idea) so I don't want to gain more than 5.5 lbs more before delivery. So walking it is!
  • @Panaceia I need to get to walking or something. I would so much rather be outside to do it, but between the icy streets and 0'F temps... I have a "Zombie Run" app that I think I can set for step counting instead of GPS miles, and that might help with the boredom of treadmill or indoor walking. 
    Panaceiajenniferjoy37
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7; 21+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive (I did not know what that was until this week)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): We found out today! And we aren't going to tell anyone else! 

Upcoming Appointments: today was our first appt with the new OB, and they had me do another blood draw and urine sample. This afternoon was the Anatomy scan, and everything is looking like it should look so far 💛

How are you feeling?: exhausted with all the emotions of today. Some days I also well, and other days, not so much. Having a few headaches lately. 

Rants/Raves: In having a terrible time focusing on work these days... 

Questions: 

Disney classics, especially Mulan, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast. We recently discovered The Little Prince, which we will definitely be sharing with the wee one. We also like family sports movies and superhero movies. Star Wars is big on the hubby's list too.

jenniferjoy37gembudmama_bear19
  • @indulgentgypsy That sounds like a great idea! I do most of my walking at work during lunch hour and my prep. I also try to walk around the classroom more as the kids are working and sometimes on purpose go to a different floor to photocopy or use the bathroom. Basically I try to make walking tasks for myself throughout the work day to try to get more steps in. At home I'll just step up and down on a small stair we have in the living room while watching TV or playing with DD. It is all ice hete too this winter so outside walking isn't an option  at the moment:/
    indulgentgypsy
  • @pizzaplz, I did it with both my kids.... mostly because it was gifted to us for our first and it felt weird not to do it for our second. I couldn’t imagine saying “well... we have your brother’s”. 

But honestly, I am not sure I would do it over again. Our first was 8 years ago and I would have thought a lot more uses would have been sorted by now? And at this point, our first’s is aging out of effectiveness, apparently? I don’t know. It used to give me comfort and now it’s sort of an annoying bill I pay every year. 
    pizzaplzindulgentgypsyPanaceiagembud
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4 / 21+5

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments:  nothing until March 14

How are you feeling?:  I’ve had the stomach bug the last 3 days (following my girls having it split up the 5 days prior) 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

hmm... favorite is Dirty Dancing  I’ve really enjoyed rewatching all my favorite Disney movies with my girls 
    gembudjenniferjoy37Panaceiahakele
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 7/7 so I'm 21 weeks and 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): a Bok Choy

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK <3

Upcoming Appointments: On Monday 3/4 for routine check up

How are you feeling?: I feel great, like myself but I've been having fainting episodes and got referred to cardiologist, found out I have a heriditary heart disease that causes my resting heart with the extra blood flow to be over 100 constantly so I'm being monitored for that. Not sure what the doctor will have me do on Monday to ensure I don't have anymore fainting episodes. The last fainting episode I had was at work and my manager said if it happens again, I will need a doctor's note to continue working as my company does not want to take on any liability for my health. A little stressed about all this but taking it day by day.

Rants/Raves:  I am finally feeling baby move and it's truly the most beautiful feeling in the world!!

Questions: have any of you had any Braxton hicks yet? I swear I felt one (FTM here, so not sure if that's what I felt but it felt like my uterus contracted for literally 5 seconds and my lower abdomen felt slightly hard and then went away)

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO. omg! so I didn't grow up in the US and grew up without TV for most my child hood. I'm still catching up myself! I just watched the Harry Potter series about a month ago lol
    jenniferjoy37pizzaplzPanaceiagembud
  • @babyginjuly Oh my goodness. The fainting thing sounds terrible! I hope it’s something that is easily remedied! I’m afraid of going on bed rest during this pregnancy due to pre-e... fingers crossed everything is okay! 
    Panaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks/July 2nd 

Baby is the size of a(n): spaghetti squash 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): BLUE

Upcoming Appointments: March 13th

How are you feeling?:  Sick now.  Everyone at their dog has Influenza A, so I am hoping it is not that.  So pretty tired.  But I had been feeling pretty good and working out again more consistently.

Rants/Raves:  I am feeling the baby move consistently now and that is fun.  He gives some hard kicks that can be felt from the outside now, so that is cool. 

Questions: Nothing really.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?  I am really into scary movies and our love of horror has been one thing that has been passed down to our kids.  They all really enjoy scary movies.  Other than that, my kids seem to have zero interest in movies that I loved when I was younger, with maybe the exception of my oldest son. 
    jenniferjoy37Panaceiagembud
  • @mrscammack Aaah we are dealing with Bell crazyness too. Luckily not at our house (I'm so sorry you have to put up with all if that) but on the street where DD's school is. The road is blocked off in both directions as well as the entrance/exit to the parking lot..if you're lucky enough to magic your way through that labyrinth and actually get your kid to school then you get stuck once you leave by ANOTHER crew that has the other road blocked off that I need to take to get to work on time. I'm hoping they're done by the end of the week.
  • @Panaceia it’s a nightmare isn’t it! It feels like they’ve been in my neighbourhood forever. I get less annoyed when it’s city workers or hydro or something blocking the roads since they’re necessary services everyone benefits from but this bell nonesense is just driving me crazy. Hopefully they finish up soon!
    Panaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2nd/ 22 weeks 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for a monthly OB appointment 

How are you feeling?: overall so much better. I’m getting leg cramps at night a lot 

Rants/Raves:  my husband was able to feel baby move for the first time this past weekend! It was such an awesome moment to share as a little family 

Questions: none at the moment 

oh man I love all the stupid comedy movies that are mindless like The Hangover and Role Models lol so obviously won’t be sharing my love for those type of movies with LO anytime soon. But I will jump on the Disney bandwagon and watch as many as he wants of those! 
    jenniferjoy37pizzaplzgembudPanaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 21 weeks 2 days Baby is the size of a(n): banana Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): boy! Upcoming Appointments: fetal echo How are you feeling?: my GI system is not tolerating the second trimester... throwing up bile acids, severe gas pains and distention and bad nausea. Rants/Raves: no Questions: none this week GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO The Replacements!!
    gembudjenniferjoy37indulgentgypsyPanaceia
  • thycapanjthycapanj member
    edited February 2019
    Thought of a question: is anyone having a repeat csection? If so how far in advance will your hospital let you schedule?
    indulgentgypsyPanaceia
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 21 weeks 2 days Baby is the size of a(n): banana Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): boy! Upcoming Appointments: fetal echo How are you feeling?: my GI system is not tolerating the second trimester... throwing up bile acids, severe gas pains and distention and bad nausea. Rants/Raves: no Questions: none this week GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO The Replacements!!
    Panaceia
  • thycapanjthycapanj member
    edited February 2019
    I am so sorry, I’m not quite sure why but I realize my reply was posted multiple times.  Eeekkkkk sorry about that.
  • @thycapanj I have to have a RCS due to chances of uterine rupture. My OB has only told me they won’t let me go past 38-39 weeks. I will ask to schedule with the same doctor I had last go around, he was amazing! If it’s anything like last time, they’ll call me saying they want the baby out either today or tmrw... so I’m expecting anything! 
    Panaceia
  • @thycapanj I am having a repeat c-section, and they scheduled it at my first appointment to check for viability - mostly to get it on the books, and it may be early if needed, but I will not go later than July 2. 
    Panaceia
  • @thycapanj I'm having a RCS this time around. It will be at 39 weeks (so June 24th or 25th). They won't schedule until I'm 30 weeks.
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited February 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1; 22+2

Upcoming Appointments: None scheduled

How are you feeling?: Alright.  Physically, mostly symptom-free other than back/pelvic pain if I walk too much and lots of movement from baby (even though I'm still barely showing and definitely look more fat than pregnant).  Emotionally, in a weird place.  I've given notice at my current job and am pretty much done transitioning my cases, so I don't have a ton going on right now other than trying to nail down a temporary place to live while we offload two houses in our current state and look for a house to buy in TX.  I'm excited for the move but also sad to be leaving the place I've spent the last 7 years and the people here.

Rants/Raves:  Moving sucks.  So much stuff to take care of.  I would hope that my decreasing workload would give me more time to be on top of other things, but in reality it just makes me less productive in general!  Same goes for baby prep stuff like figuring out what I need to buy and buying it, actually opening the pregnancy book my OB gave me, and all of the other stuff that I put off first trimester.  I feel like I should be using my extra time to get up to speed, but so far, hasn't happened.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?  Shawshank Redemption has been my favorite since I was in high school and I think still ranks at the top of my list.  I won't be sharing that one with LO anytime soon though!  As a former athlete, I've also always loved cheesy sports movies: Rudy, Chariots of Fire, etc.  Some of those are shareable sooner.

@indulgentgypsy, I'm getting into swimming these days.  I think it's been good for me because I can feel like I'm actually getting a workout without the pain and discomfort that weight-bearing exercises causes these days.

@xtinecatherine, hope you feel better

@keebler6elf, very glad to hear I wasn't the only one who didn't know what an endive was until it showed up on the app at 21 weeks!

@jenniferjoy37, right there with you on the insomnia.   Really frustrating.  Hopefully we both get over it soon.

Panaceiagembudjenniferjoy37
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/3, 22+1

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: in a couple of weeks

How are you feeling?: tired. Sickness has hit our boys and momma and daddy haven’t slept much trying to take care of them.

Rants/Raves: my mom went to the store and picked up stuff for the boys to help them feel better hopefully. She was such a lifesaver today.

Questions: none

one of my favorites is The Hunchback of Nostradam, that would probably be the one I’m most excited to share with this lo
    jenniferjoy37gembudPanaceia
  • @indulgentgypsy and @panaceia I know we’ve all discussed weight concerns. At my appt they didn’t bring up my weight at all so I asked about it. They took a look and said I’m on track. Technically I’ve gained 1-3 lbs more than I should have by now, but that wasn’t enough for them to consider me off track. It made me feel a little better even though I’m still kind of obsessed with making sure I don’t gain too much. Thought I’d share in case it helps you. 
    Panaceia
  • Bridging on @mama_bear19’s post, has anyone not been weighed. My midwife hasn’t weighed me yet and honestly I didn’t even think at my last appointment. She did a fundal height measurement and asked about my diet/activity levels but hasn’t actually weighed me. Wondering if that’s weird, I do remember my OB weighing me at every appointment after a certain point. 
    Panaceia