G3 Check-In (7/17-7/24) w/o Feb25

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?

Re: G3 Check-In (7/17-7/24) w/o Feb25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

19W2D

Four Towed Hedgehog

Green... trying to stay strong... the first one I didn't waver one bit. This one I am more tempted to break and find out!

Upcoming Appointments: 

This Wednesday my A.S!

How are you feeling?: 

Decent, not loving sleeping on my side. I'm a back sleeper and I'm feeling a little achy.

Rants/Raves: 

My husband can't make it to the A/S due to work. Actually he hasn't been able to make it to any OB appointment yet and it makes me sad/envious of ladies who have their S/O there with them. We did go as a family (DS included) to see LO at a private ultrasound at 12 weeks. So that was nice to experience seeing baby together first.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?

My go to classics depending on my mood are The Sound of Music, Mean Girls and Finding Nemo. I'm excited to watch classic Disney with my LO. The Lion King, Little Mermaid etc.  

Cbeanzfoodislove
  • @canuckmomma I'm sorry that your husband can't be there for your appointments, that can be upsetting. Mine is able to come, and I always tell him, you don't need to come to EVERY appointment, but he insists. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24, 18w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): postcard

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: Got my AS moved to 3/6! 

How are you feeling?: Talked to my Dr. about my heartburn and that Tums weren't cutting it, she told me to try Pecid and its helping so much!! So nice to finally have relief. My hips are hurting me when I sleep now, I so badly want to sleep on my stomach or just lay on my back to get away from the hip pain. I have a pillow between my legs but seems to make it worse.

Rants/Raves:  I guess its a rant.. I work from home and have one of our bedrooms as my office, and I love it. With the baby coming, I am having to move my office into our master bedroom to free up the room for the baby. I'm not sure why I'm dragging my feet on actually pulling the trigger and moving into our bedroom. Every time we talk about it I get upset and start crying. I don't do change well and feel like moving into the bedroom is not a good work space for me, but also don't have any other option. My husband wants to install can lights and paint the babys room and I keep saying we have time, he wants to get it done ASAP but I'm not ready to move my office and downsize. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I love Harry Potter, so when the baby is old enough I will make them read the books then watch the movies LOL! I also love most Disney movies, and I know I'm going to end up watching those over and over... 
    Cbeanzfoodislovecanuckmomma
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 / 18 w 5 d

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out

Upcoming Appointments: I am supposed to have my anatomy scan in my 19th week according my my OB but they haven't called me yet with an appointment date! 

How are you feeling?: Good. Lots more energy the last week or two!! Starting to get really excited about almost being at the half way point. 

Rants/Raves:  Bump app not working on my phone for a whole week and I rarely access the bump on my computer, so I have been way out of the loop. 

Questions: Anybody else's food cravings slowing down? I have been pretty chill this week (no nights where I had a bowl of pickles for dinner)

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO?: As a kid, I loved all the disney movies. In the last 2 years, my son and I have been obsessed with Moana! I can't wait to watch it over and over as a family of four! 
    Cbeanzfoodislovecanuckmomma
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  19+4

Baby is the size of a(n):  6"

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: A/S in two days. I need some kind of distraction because I can't focus at work or sleep at night or anything!

How are you feeling?: FINALLY feeling healthy again. I'm ready for the "good" part of pregnancy!

Rants/Raves:  The last few days I've had these intense cravings for fish. It made me wonder if my diet was deficient in something, and I looked at my prenatals and they don't have the recommended Omega-3's.  I am kind of freaking out because with my other pregnancies I took prenatals that had DHA added and I also took an additional fish oil supplement. I have read that your body can be depleted of Omega-3 fat stores in subsequent pregnancies and the normal western diet is not usually enough. So I bought a bunch of sardines and salmon yesterday and I plan to try to make up for lost time.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? One of my faves is Up.  I think there are some great lessons about the pursuit of happiness and how life is all about the "little things".  We love Pixar in our family.  
    foodislove
  • @canuckmomma That is rough that your DH cannot make the appointment, I'm so sorry.
    @jennm0724 Been having similar stomach issues. My doctor has me taking Zantac every now and then, but I'm not full time on it like I was last pregnancy. So glad the Pepcid is helping! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Sugar Glider

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: A/S on March 7th

How are you feeling?: Well rested post babymoon, but been having a lot of issues with my stomach as well as being really constipated from the vacation. Trying to up my fiber and water intake, but it's increasing the acid production which makes me more miserable. Hips are also really acting up while sleeping, so rather than order another snoogle which didn't work get for me last time, I got a tummy wedge. Gets here today, hope it helps.

Rants/Raves: My rave is that the babymoon was amazing. We didn't get to do everything we wanted, but the sun was so warm, the pool was so relaxing, and the food was oh so good! And M has just exploded with language in that one week we were gone, and missed us so much he's been extra good and adorable and talky. Just  <3

Questions: N/A

GTKY: I really wanna share some of the classics, like Princess Bride, with my boys when they are older. My dad was the one always sharing his old movies with us (Chitty chitty bang bang, Thomasina, etc.). 
    canuckmomma
  • @canuckmomma I'm sorry YH hasn't been able to make it to your appointments--but glad you were able to have that time as a family together at the private ultrasound. 
    @jennm0724 I think it's definitely understandable that you aren't ready to move your office.  Having a defined space is mentally helpful so it'll take time to adjust.  I hope you are able to make your new office space welcoming.
    @realhousewife519 I don't think i've really had cravings (besides carbs...)  
    @Cbeanz Glad you're feeling better, my OB had me stop fish oil so i haven't started them again yet.  I might ask again at my next appointment.  
    @foodislove welcome back, glad you had such a wonderful trip.  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th // 19+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green 

Upcoming Appointments: not until 3/12

How are you feeling?: Ugh i got a cold. it's nothing bad but sleep is pretty bad.  Also i stayed home today because no one wants a sneezing person at their office--but we are having work done downstairs so it's not peaceful.  we'll see if i can take a nap.  

Rants/Raves:  Super excited work has started in our basement! 

Questions: when i can't fall asleep i still "cheat" and sleep partially on my stomach hasn't anyone been told this is bad? I don't have any shortness of breath or pains.  

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? so many good films-I like Anastatia, Aladdin, but as they get older i wonder if Office Space will still be funny.  
    Cbeanzfoodislove2ndbebe102020
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th 19+5 i think...

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Team blue

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week check up with the midwives on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: good mostly still tried off and on

Rants/Raves:  Anatomy scan went ok...but little one didnt want to flip over so i have to go back for more pictures in 3 weeks. Oh and i am very excited. We are officially in contract on a house, hopefully if all goes well we can start moving in mid April. 

Questions: did you post on social media about you pregnancy? Im not sure if i want to...

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? The fox and the hound, little mermaid and many many more, very excited that i will have a little one to use as an excuse to watch Disney movies.
    blackhottamalesfoodislove2ndbebe102020hakele
  • @blackrosevamp I haven't felt like posting on social media yet regarding pregnancy.  I'm more nervous that someone will mention something before i'm ready.  I'm torn because i want control on any announcements.  I'd like to announce with a picture of the baby after LO is born, but we are on social media more than that so people who don't know might notice my belly once it's bigger.  I also like the idea of subtle announcements but the cute pictures are fun too.  
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited February 2019
    @blackrosevamp I quit social media a few years ago (gave it up for Lent and never went back) so we don't need to make decisions anymore about what to share or not share. Life is so much better without FB/IG I have zero regrets. Highly recommend! :-)

ETA: I consider TB social media but I still go on here. I should've clarified just FB/IG.
    2ndbebe102020
  • @blackrosevamp I don't have FB but I haven't posted on instagram and probably won't make any sort of announcement. I have some good friends who have suffered with IF and I don't want to feel like it's being rubbed in their faces, but I also feel pretty yucky about sharing things like that online. If people spend time with or talk to us they will find out. 
    Cbeanz
  • @canuckmomma bummer about your DH! Mine hasn't gone to any appointments or the anatomy scan either, but he's so busy at work and I'd rather him use his time off for when baby is here. I still get being disappointed though!
    @blackhottamales I have a cold too and am with you on losing sleep over it. Being sick while pregnant really stinks. I, too, sleep kinda half on my side/half on my belly still with a pillow in between. Honestly, you'll know when you should stop. It will be really uncomfortable at some point!
    @Cbeanz I'm thinking about giving up fb for lent this year. I did it a few years back before kids but it's such a time suck as a SAHM! I gave it up for a couple weeks last summer and fall and it was really nice, plus I got way more done.
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23 / 18+6

Baby is the size of a(n): slingshot

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: Regular appt on Thursday

How are you feeling?: I'm sick with a cold :bawling: and finding it harder to get up and down from the floor. Which is especially alarming when your toddler yells "my poopies are coming" in the middle of changing the one year old lol!!! (All poop ended in the toilet). 

Rants/Raves: I'm still waiting to feel consistent movement from baby... I really hope its soon!!! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I go through stages of having favorite movies. One that is always a go-to though is Just Go With It. As far as kid friendly, I love Frozen and am so excited a second one is coming out! Also love all the classic Disney movies! I'm planning to take my will be 3 year old to the new Lion King for his birthday this summer and am really excited for that!

foodisloveCbeanzblackhottamales
  • @blackhottamales did you have to stop taking fish oil because of the mercury risk?  Or another reason?  I know it's hard to find oil that is certified low mercury. I used to have a plant based oil but I couldn't find it at the store this weekend.
  • @Cbeanz to be honest, I was told to stop during the IVF process and ask my OB if i should add it back once i finished the transfer and she said no.  but i didn't push it so i'm not sure why.  I probably should be more proactive but there are so many things i didn't focus on that one.  Right now my focus is, how do i breathe through my nose again! I'm missing all the drugs right now.
    Cbeanz
  • @canuckmomma next appointment my husband might not be able to make due to work, he’s kind upset about it. Hopefully your husband can make it to one later down the road. Mine usually jokes with Dr & nurses that embarrass me anyway. 

@blackrosevamp social media is a delicate one. We did announce pregnancy on FB via a video of telling our parents. But I only just #babymoon on IG, actually forgot that I had different followers on there & some hadn’t known. Oh well. Still, I’m only posting bump pics on a private iCloud album for family & my bestie to see. That’s only if they have an apple product or care to see them. Will post a few pictures of baby after born. Although really hoping to keep baby a low profile on social media. Just have heard to many horrible stories of random people gaining access to kids or their information will bad intentions. 

@Cbeanz congratulations on staying off FB & IG!! I once had to stop FB because of the dumb games eating into my work time. Only after a change in job where I needed to be on there did I return. Considering another break up...

@foodislove if the wedge helps you sleep, let us know. I’m struggling with getting/staying comfortable in bed. Doesn’t help I’ve got 2 kitties jumping around... seriously though I’m trying to force myself to be on my side so they don’t jump on baby belly. 

@jennm0724 hope your office move struggle gets better!! I totally understand the struggle!! Maybe you could also redo the whole space so it feels fresh & not like you’re just adding the office to your bedroom? A new comforter, fresh wall paint or rearrange things might help make it go smoother and more enjoyable. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 17 / 19+4

Mango... which variety??🧐

Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: 
    OB Monday 4th ; AS Tuesday 5th (same place wish schedules could have lined up...)

How are you feeling?: 
    Mostly ok, starting to randomly feel baby rolling & swimming around. Went to visit my parents & had a mini babymoon, emotional to leave, will be only time they see me during pregnancy. Mom is planning to come for L&D but still all emotional. Pregnancy wise, just coasting along with minimum “symptoms”.

Rants/Raves:  
    Hubby is busting his butt to finish a big remodel project we started a few years ago on our master bedroom & bathroom. He’s also going to tackle the kitchen!! Apparently expecting a baby & needing a complete functioning home is great motivation!! 

Questions: 
    Has anyone already offered to host baby showers/sprinklers? When are you planning on having one? Having more than one? (Eg, most of in-laws live away & church family/friends are close by. So looks like we might have 2.)

Already mentioned: Sound of Music & Princess Bride. My dad was strict & didn’t let us see most Disney movies due to the magic & mystical elements, still I’ve seen most of them through the years 🤫. Will probably watch most of them with LO as he grows up. Love the classics like Mary Poppins & honestly most any musicals. Want my baby to love music 🎶. Actually I’ve read the biography of Maria Von Trapp, the Princess Bride book & all the Mary Poppins books. Also hope my kid likes to read!
    canuckmommafoodislove
  • @blackhottamales sorry you're dealing with a nasty virus. It's the pits and it's even worse when you can't take normal cold meds! Hope you're better soon.
    blackhottamales
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th. 19w4d

Mango 

Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Anatomy scan in 6 days 

How are you feeling?: 
    Tired and sore 

Rants/Raves:  
    Our oldest tested positive for the flu so it’s been a week. My dr had me start tamiflu to try and prevent me from getting it. 

Questions: 

Every night I fall asleep watching any Adam Sandler movie🙈 I know H is excited to watch Star Wars since our girls are showing no interest in it haha

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    foodislove
  • @1stbabe719 My husband is a joker too... lol. But hopefully he can come to one soon. He’s taking time off after baby gets here so that’s what really matters! 
  • @blackrosevamp I don't really post anything about my last pregnancy on FB at all - I had a few pics of my belly on IG, but we never did an announcement until M was born and we were home from the hospital a few days later. I haven't posted any at all yet this time. I have lots of friends dealing with IF, so I basically just avoid posting anything triggering for them. 
  • @blackrosevamp I have never posted anything about my DS or pregnancy on any social media. If someone were a FB friend and didn't talk to me in real life, they would be completely shocked that I am a mom. This is a personal choice my husband and I made when we became parents to protect our kids future privacy (might be a little OTT but it works for us). 

@canuckmomma my husband has never come to an OB appt with me for either pregnancy.  We both have really demanding careers, and I usually book my OB appts in the morning on the way to work. I'm all business about getting in and out of there as quickly and efficiently as possible! I do bring my husband to the ultrasounds though (and then they make him wait in the waiting room for 99% of the appointment). 
    Cbeanzcanuckmomma
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/19W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): bowl of cereal :3 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK!!

Upcoming Appointments: A/S was today. Might have a "game plan" discussion with a couple doctors shortly...I'll explain.

How are you feeling?: Thrilled for a healthy baby girl with ten toesies :) Conflicted because during the anatomy scan, I mentioned my OB wanted my myomectomy scars measured and the tech looked completely blank and said, "We don't do that here." She brought in a doctor and I explained my myomectomy and how my current and past OB "recommend a c-section," and she said she wants to sit down with my doctor and really look over my operation records to see if a c-section truly is necessary. She was very skeptical that a golf ball-sized fibroid did so much damage to my uterus that I would absolutely need a c-section...and that fibroids have anything to do with pregnancy losses, which was pretty much the only reason I got the myomectomy :/ 
    For the last three years I've been mentally preparing for a c-section and today I find out there's a chance I might not need one after all. For the last three years I've been telling myself I got the myomectomy done out of caution and today I learn it probably did nothing. I want to be thrilled I have more options, but I'm just dumbstruck right now. And I wish I would have done a lot more research before I got cut open :/

Rants/Raves:  
    Rave: I think my cat is finally realizing there's a baby in me. She avoids my belly when walking over me in the morning and loves to snuggle up on my lap close to the bump :heart:
    Rant: I'll never understand people who respond to an email by walking over to my desk and saying, "I got your email." That's what the reply button is for, dingbat :unamused:

Questions: unless anyone can speak on myometcomy experience, nope. Of course my situation is the weird one :/

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? My all-time favorite movie is Mean Girls. I love the Harry Potter films, but kiddo will definitely get the books first. (I personally would love to see a TV series reboot! Harry Potter would work so much better as a TV series than eight films that cut half the content.) I'm also looking forward for an excuse to watch kids' shows and movies again. I was never a big Disney kid, but my favorite Disney movie growing up was Mulan by far :) 
    foodislove
  • @realhousewife519 I am in the same boat as you - my husband never goes to my OB appointments because our careers (and commutes) make it nearly impossible. He's even needed to miss some ultrasounds over the years, but was adamant about trying to get to this one tomorrow.  We'll see if he makes it, but I don't get upset if he misses it.
    BTW, Based solely on your screenname I assumed you were a SAHM!
  • @cbeanz there are many days I wish I was a SAHM! My screen name is due to my obsession with the Bravo Real Housewives franchise, which is my guilty pleasure! 
    Cbeanz
  • @blackrosevamp I'm not really doing the social media thing because I don't really share like that. I have a couple of intimate groups where I will share it with just the people in the small group, but not on my main page. I'm sure people will catch on if/when I share pictures of my babymoon in Hawaii and see my bump, hahaha. 
    I also have a Shared Album on Apple Photos that I shared with my mom, dad, sister, aunt, and husband. It is called Baby [lastname]. I have so far posted a couple of ultrasound and belly posts. 
    Also... it has been SO MUCH FUN to tell everyone in person. An absolute blast to see everyone's reactions. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19+6 HALFWAY TOMORROW! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Bagel

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding Out TOMORROW! 

Upcoming Appointments: TOMORROW! I have my AS. Can you tell that I am excited? Haha. 

How are you feeling?: My belly is now very tight. I think it has reached the capacity of the skin that I do have. So I'm just gonna probably be uncomfortable for the next 4 months as it keeps stretching. Still having a little bit of morning sickness/gagging when I first wake up in the morning. But I can get through it pretty fast. 
    I've been working out consistently (CrossFit! I even did the open workout last week.) And that has been helping me to feel amazing. I'm so thankful for it. 

Rants/Raves:  
    Rant: I've been working on booking the dang Babymoon. As a Travel Agent, it can be an arduous process. Because I know ALL the 10,000 ways to quote it and look and options. I'm just having trouble committing to the plan I want to do and having a few disagreements in our household. I got him to push the budget at least! 

Rave: We had a structural/foundation analysis yesterday and found out that the issues we are having with our house are NOT as expensive as we feared. About 4k for the minimum work and about 12k if we want to do "all the things" but the extra stuff really isn't necessary. We thought our foundation had sunk badly or was failing, turns out it is just the crawl space supports and our foundation is in VERY good condition. Yay! So much relief. 

Questions: 

I can't possibly answer what is my favorite movie. I have different things for different reasons. Like "What a Girl Wants" is my sick day movie. 
    I am really looking forward to sharing the Princess Bride with my LO. It was my mother's favorite movie and it will be a good way for me to help with that connection since she has passed away. 
    And of course, I can't wait to watch all the Disney movies. We have a nice little collection already that we've been building up since we started trying 2 years ago. That is going to be SO much fun. Also, 80/90s classics! ET, Goonies, Home Alone, Sandlot, Jurassic Park! 
    I also studied film a bit in high school and college and I can't wait until they are old enough to start sharing some of the big classics. Hitchcock. Meet Me in St. Louis. Wizard of Oz. Casablanca. Double Indemnity. Bonnie and Clyde. 
    Cbeanzfoodisloveblackhottamales
  • @hakele I hope your AS goes well today and you figured out how you wanted to find out the results. Also YAY for the foundation not sinking as much like you had originally thought! 

@1stbabe719 I'm thinking of having my shower the first weekend in June and only one. Although the ladies at my office want to do one as well but it'd just be coworkers 

@blackrosevamp We announced on FB and IG but my accounts are private and I'm only friends with people I know so I don't mind sharing on there. Although I haven't shared any bump pics because I just feel awkward doing that LOL! 

• @canuckmomma  How was your scan today??
    @jennm0724 Do you have a closet in your current office? We ended up moving DH office into the closet of that room by installing a wall-mounted Ikea custom shelf solution. It's not perfect, but I figure during the day, if DH is working from home then LO can nap in another room but at night they'll have a designated place. 
    @realhousewife519 Food cravings have definitely slowed! I've been able to return to healthy stuff the past week+ and it's been really nice. 
    @foodislove I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing trip :) 
    @blackhottamales I'm sorry you came down with a cold, are you finding any relief? On stomach sleeping, I've read that it can compress the same blood vessel that sleeping on your back does. I've found side sleeping with one leg over a long pillow that I can hug and one leg stretched out has been pretty comfy, since I've stopped laying on my belly. 
    @ccmama3 hahaha omg the poopies story is so real. 
    @1stbabe719 That's really exciting about your remodel! I really wish someone would throw me a sprinkle just so I could hang out with a bunch of my favorite people but I don't live in the same city as my friends or family. 
    @annewheeler2 I'm so sorry about your kiddo getting the flu, have you been able to stay healthy so far with the tamiflu? 
    @hestia14 That is such a wild turn of events at your ultrasound, I hope you find some clarity soon <3 
    @hakele That's great news about your foundation! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/19, 19w + 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Bowl of cereal? 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 20w scan yesterday

How are you feeling?: RELIEVED. I've been on pins and needles since yesterday hoping that everything came back ok on the ultrasound. Luckily everything is good! Due date is the same, baby is measuring 55% and everything appeared seemingly normal and healthy. I feel like this can be real now, even though LO has been tearing up the dance floor in my belly for weeks. 

Rants/Raves:  We were late for my ultrasound appt yesterday and I haaaate being late. DS decided to try to sit on the toilet and poop the moment we were getting ready to go, then traffic was horrific. When we finally arrived at the hospital 15min late, we had to drive around in the parking garage for 10 minutes until we realized that there were no available parking spots. I had to jump out of the car with DS and run to check in while DH looked for parking -- which he eventually found 5 blocks away. I am so thankful that the staff was friendly and understanding. The ultrasound ended up being really uncomfortable but I'm really happy that both DS and DH were there AND we don't have to come back because LO cooperated well enough. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? What movie do you look forward to sharing with LO? I don't have a favorite movie but I'm hoping that LO and DS will like Neverending Story one of these days.. and maybe Big. DH has DS on a path of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future and Ghost Busters. 
    Cbeanzcanuckmommablackhottamales
  • @MamanBee A/S ultrasound went great today! Thanks for asking. The techs at our hospital are not allowed to say much but just do the measurements and all the medical checks and note it for the OB to tell us. But I had an amazing tech, I think she told me more than she was even allowed and she really put me at ease. I was quiet just enjoying watching baby on the screen for the half hour she was doing her work and then at the end she gave me a whole "tour" of the baby and told me she thought everything looked good and had no concerns. Oh and we are are still team green! 
  • @canuckmomma That's wonderful! I'm glad you had such a lovely experience and that you're still one of my team green buddies :) I have to say, now that I've made it through the 20w scan I'm so excited to find out at the birth. 
    hakeleblackhottamales
  • Late to the party but thought I’d still join in!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20, 20 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe (although that seems way too big as I’m not showing at all...)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink! Baby was moving like crazy at the scan last week but the tech was still very confident

Upcoming Appointments: had my regular OB appointment today. Nothing else for a month

How are you feeling?: weirdly fine. I’m tired but that’s par for the course whether I’m pregnant or not.

Rants/Raves:  I don’t like my OB and I’m not sure what to do about it. He’s pretty dismissive with things, and from what I’m told by other mamas, my appointments are weird - I’ve never had to give a pee sample and he never uses a Doppler to check the baby’s heartbeat. Only does weight check, blood pressure check, feels my stomach and puts his stethoscope on my stomach for like a second. Maybe that’s his Doppler equivalent? I never had any interest in using a midwife pre-pregnancy but now I’m totally having FOMO and in my area, it’s way to late to switch to one (you literally have to call them the week of your bfp) plus I don’t think any have privileges at the hospital closest to me.

Questions: Is anyone else still not feeling the baby move? It’s frustrating and nerve wracking....plus I’m impatient and don’t want to have to keep waiting haha
  • @finnflan I’m sorry about your OB. I would guess the stethoscope is the same as the Doppler but it doesn’t let you share in the joy. i don’t feel anything yet either—just wait anxiously. 
    finnflan
  • @finnflan that does seem odd, maybe look into other options? Every appointment I’ve had they’ve done an ultrasound. Once they tried to use the Doppler but the baby wasn’t cooperating so they got the ultrasound out. So much more fun that way. 
    I’ll be 20wks on Wednesday and I haven’t felt the baby move either. Trying to be patient! 
    finnflan
  • @finnflan welcome!

It's never too late to switch OBs. One way to find a great one is to call the hospital and talk to the L&D nurses. Ask who is the best or who is the favorite of laboring moms. Then call around and see who is accepting new patients. If you have all your records transferred they should accept someone at 20weeks or more. Good luck!
    finnflan
  • Figure I’d post in here versus symptoms thread. Last night I was feeling really upset, like it just hit me that my life is changing forever and it’s freaking me out. Like what did we do!? My body is changing so rapidly it’s hard for me to grasp sometimes. I had similar feelings when I was getting married and was changing my last name, I don’t handle change that well and it takes me time to process. I just sat on the couch and cried. I don’t want it to seem like I’m not excited to be a mom it just seems like it’s happening so quickly. I think a lot of these feelings are stemming from my anxiety about my AS on Wednesday. I just need reassurance that the baby is growing as it should. I put unneeded stress on myself than I should but I always wonder am I doing the right things to ensure this baby is growing properly and is healthy. 
    Cbeanz
  • @flinnflan where do you live that you cannot switch providers. That sounds really weird the way the ob is acting, and a stethoscope instead of a doppler?? Goodness, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. 

@jennm0724 I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. The stress and anxiety of pregnancy and pregnancy hormones is very real. Does your OB practice have a prenatal counselor on-hand? Or can they refer you to one? That can be very helpful to have someone to talk through these feelings with. Or if you're feeling up to sharing with other women, maybe find a pregnancy support group in your area? 
  • @finnflan wow, that's strange. I wouldn't like that in an OB either. I go to an OB practice that also has midwives, is that something that they have in your area? I'd definitely be calling around to other places. I like the suggestion someone made about calling L&D at the hospital to get recommendations.
    @jennm0724 what you're feeling is totally normal! Especially leading up to the anatomy scan... I've been incredibly nervous for all three of mine! It is a huge change, but you will be ok and believe me when I say before you know it you won't be able to imagine your life without your babe. Is there something you are especially excited about? Maybe picking out a little outfit or something special for baby? Have you been able to share with your DH? Maybe you could try picking one day a month (or even a week) to do something special with your hubby that you think you may not be able to do once baby is here. Hugs! I've been freaking out myself lately thinking about managing life with three so I can relate... adding another person is something you can't 100% picture until they are here! 
    Cbeanzfinnflan
  • Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions ladies. I’m in Toronto, Canada. To clarify, I’m sure I could change OBs but I’m a gun shy that it would just be the same. I like the idea of switching to a midwife, but won’t be able to do that because you have to book them immediately. Funny enough, this OB is incredibly highly recommended by the L&D nurses at my hospital - my best friend works there in another department and asked around for me when I was initially picking one, and each and every single nurse instantly said him and that they would use him in a heartbeat. Which gives me hope that he’s at least amazing in the delivery room!
    Cbeanzrunsoncoffeefoodislove