2nd Trimester

16 week ultrasound unsure

Hello all I had a early anatomy scan done and did a little gender reveal after seeing the actual ultrasound I’m unsure if it’s really accurate looks nothing like my son and nothing like any pic of a boy ultrasound I’ve seen..opinions?

Re: 16 week ultrasound unsure

• Hello all I had a early anatomy scan done and did a little gender reveal after seeing the actual ultrasound I’m unsure if it’s really accurate looks nothing like my son and nothing like any pic of a boy ultrasound I’ve seen..opinions?
    Um, you had a medical professional tell you, I would believe that over any internet stranger..... 16 weeks seems early for an anatomy scan, I thought the ideal is 20weeks for the most accurate measurements. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah that’s what I thought too 16 weeks is too early for an anatomy scan but i think that’s the only one I’m getting my next appt is just a check up and so I’m debating getting an elective ultrasound somewhere else since it’s not very clear to me since the baby had it’s legs crossed the whole time other than this picture for a second but still the ankles are crossed
  • Yeah that’s what I thought too 16 weeks is too early for an anatomy scan but i think that’s the only one I’m getting my next appt is just a check up and so I’m debating getting an elective ultrasound somewhere else since it’s not very clear to me since the baby had it’s legs crossed the whole time other than this picture for a second but still the ankles are crossed
    Clear crotch shots are not the important part of an anatomy scan.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I feel like when you typed the words "early anatomy scan" that should have told you it was early.

I work in OBGyn and we never do an anatomy scan prior to 18 weeks.
  • Before going to an elective ultrasound at an UNREGULATE BOUTIQUE, and its THAT important to you to know: why not ask at your next appointment if they would allow you to get a better picture to better determine the sex.  They might allow you to, just ask.

If you dont believe the tech, that it's a boy, then there is nothing wrong with being team green!  We were and love it!
  • Def looks like a boy to me!