August 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ w/o 2/23

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are you other kid(s)?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react?

Re: STM+ w/o 2/23

• Options
    14 weeks, peach

Almost 3
    16 months

Nail - finally feeling the 2nd tri energy. Monday I made Tuna Casserole for dinner. Thursday and Friday I made lots of stuff for the weekend because my sister came with her DH and 2 girls, and now we are having house guests.
    Fail - spending too many hours at work on TB, and not working.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I was reading DS#1 The Cat in the Hat for the first time, and when I got to the line about how their mother wasn't home, he said "Is she at work?" I had to stop myself from crying. I know that being a SAHM is not for me, and DS loves the playgroup he's in, but sometimes it's so hard to see how they pick up on the fact we're not around.

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react?
    DS#2 is too young to understand. I came home with the ultrasound in my hand and DS#1 said "what is that?" I said "remember how mommy's tummy got really big, and then she left for a few days and came home with [DS#2]? Well, Mommy has another baby in her tummy, and this is a picture of that baby." He spent the rest of the evening walking around going "My mommy has a baby in her tummy" like he was trying to figure out how he felt about it. That was about 2 weeks ago, and now I think he's mostly forgotten. If I ask "what does Mommy have in her tummy?" he'll say "a baby" but otherwise he hasn't said anything about it. Maybe it'll be different once I start to show.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    17 weeks,  pomegranate

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 17 months

Nail - made it to a week off next week!
    Fail - derailed my sugar reduction and aye wayyyy too many gummy bears

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I have a real bump now :D

He's too young but we put a baby doll in his Christmas stocking

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? Somewhere in the 14-15 week range. 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD6 DS2

Nails and fails from this week: Actually cooked a few times. Still can not get laundry caught up. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: DD has been up since 2 a.m. and I want to lose my mind. She has sleep apnea, RLS and insomnia which makes for a not so fun combination. On the plus side it is good practice for a newborn...I can count on one hanx the amount of full nights od sleep that I have had in the past 6 years. 

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? We just flat out told them. DD was instantly excited and telling anyone who would listen. DS does not really understand yet but if you ask where the baby is he will say it is in mommy's tummy. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @elizabeth_1985 I am sorry to hear of his passing. Handling everything at home must be very difficult, hang in there!
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15+1 orange; although we grow some pretty huge oranges here, this may not be accurate for me this week.  :lol:

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2

Nails and fails from this week: Got a lot done as far as appointments this week, and DS did great at his first ever dental appt. But I seem to be hitting another bad nausea patch which sucks. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm 99% sure I just felt the first dance party in my ute. <3

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? We've told him many times but hew doesn't really comprehend yet. We got him a baby doll for his birthday & he really likes it. 

I'm a little concerned about him being jealous though. He doesn't even like our if DH holds my hand. He thinks I'm HIS, and the new baby is going to obviously need a lot of attention. Has anyone dealt with this and have any tips? 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @elizabeth_1985 sorry to hear about FIL. I understand where you're coming from though. Both DH and I travel for work a lot. Most of his trips are 1-2 weeks and it's so hard holding down the fort. He just left this morning for a week. Our expectations for each other when solo parenting 2 kids is just survival. Cleaning the house can wait. Healthy meals can wait. Even that is hard sometimes! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15w tomorrow. Donut.

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 4.75 and 2.25 (getting fancy over here lol)

Nails and fails from this week: nails: spent most of Friday and Saturday cleaning the house. Went through the old tubs of baby clothes to pull out the neutral and boy clothes to make an inventory of what we have. Fails: house is still messy and I cried going through the clothes knowing we aren't gonna use the girl clothes again. Both my girls wore the same clothes (dd2 only got a few extra things due to season mismatch) and all their monthly pictures were in the same outfits for the first few months. Irrational and hormonal crying at it's finest. I'm trilled this baby is "probably" a boy.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: we had a growth scan last week and tentatively found out it's a boy. I say tentatively because the tech woukdnt offically say but agreed with me when I said it's totally a boy. DH is either in denial (he wanted another girl) or doesn't know what he was looking it, because he's convinced it's another girl. 

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? Just told them. The older one gets it. The younger one knows, but doesn't really get it I think. 

Also, DH just went on a week long business trip this morning. Survival mode for us! But I'm excited to have the bed to myself and no snoring to listen to!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 14w+1d, peaches

DD, age 2

Nail - starting to feel better, so I’m getting a few more things accomplished around the house. 
    Fail - still haven’t been feeling up to cooking...maybe next week!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I think being down-and-out with nausea and fatigue for a few weeks has helped make DD a little more independent, b/c I wasn’t around to play with her constantly. I’m enjoying not being clung to constantly, and I think it’s probably a good change in preparation for the arrival of her siblings. 

I just told her, she gave me a blank stare 😂. She doesn’t quite get it. I got her some “big sister” books which she seems to enjoy. My mom got her twin baby dolls, and it seems like she might slowly be warming up to them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @elizabeth_1985 I'm so sorry about your FIL. That's really tough to be alone on top of it.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 14w5d troll doll

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD 4

Nails and fails from this week: ehhh.... I put laundry away, which was a pretty big victory

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Definitely feeling so much better, but I still get a little nauseous at night. The exhaustion has mostly left during the day, but I still need to be in bed by 9 and am pretty much on the couch starting at 7.

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? We gave DD a big sister box with a bear that said "I'm a big sister" a shirt and a book about the growing baby. She didn't exactly get it at first, but she is thrilled now and has randomly started talking to the baby through my stomach, which just melts my heart. She told us she is going to sleep in the baby's room and put it back to sleep when it wakes up and she will feed it. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?: 14w + 2d, Peach! 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD1 is 5 in 24 days! DD2 is 2 in 52 days! 

Nails and fails from this week: I've lowered my caffeine consumption, but it's still not nearly as low as I'd like (I'm right around the "doctor's recommend limit" each day).  I tried to use this weekend to cut back a bit and I got a horrible headache from withdrawal.  Damned it you do, damned if you don't. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I've said this in a few other threads, but we found out it's a boy on Friday and I've already said probably 700 times to DH and my mom that I'm still in shock.  I told DH that I'm donating anything of DD1's that isn't super special because if DD2 is my last girl, I want to buy her ALL THE FANCY THINGS all over again. I will love having a son but I've just adored all things girly for my daughters too. 

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react?: We haven't told them yet.  Honestly, I think the [almost] 5 year old will not have the patience to wait until August.  I was debating telling them at Easter with a third Easter basket for baby, but TBH, my bump might give me away before then!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 14 weeks, about the size of a house mouse

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 1yo and 6yo

Nails and fails from this week: my fail of the week was not being able to hold it together during a diaper change.  lol, I lost it but was able to make it to the sink running with the baby in my arms.  He laughed the entire time.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I amazingly enough was able to get a 2 hour nap in while the 1yo napped this weekend. It was probably the best sleep I had in a long time, I've barely been sleeping through the night always getting up to use the restroom so it was amazing to catch up on sleep.

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? Our youngest obviously has no clue what he is in store for.  Our oldest, is very very excited. He said that now he wants a little sister but he thinks it will be a boy (he must have been listening to me)
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 16w today, size of a chipmunk. or action figure?

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2 years old DS

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: I actually found the energy to cook something other than a boxed or frozen meal. Fails: I've ignored the growing laundry pile. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Rant: My son & DH are still not fully recovered from the stomach virus and it's very frustrating because there's nothing to be done. Also explosive shits from DS make me sad and test my nausea meds.
    Rave: I'm officially back to pre-pregnancy weight, since meds work. I'd lost 10lbs but now I'm back to normal! Also we have our private (not my OB) u/s on Friday to find out if it's a boy or girl! Baby had legs crossed today. 
    Diary: Praying I passed my 1 hr glucose test. I took it early today because of family history and for some reason even though I didn't have it last pregnancy, I'm very anxious about it. 

Too young to really understand though we keep telling him there's a baby in my tummy...because it seems as though his reaction is to headbutt, kick, and otherwise abuse my belly at every opportunity. He will say "baby" sometimes if we ask what's in my belly. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @elizabeth_1985 so sorry to hear of your FIL, and that you're juggling the household alone. Hope things settle soon & DH gets home to help. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 17+4, pomegranate 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 5 and almost 3

Nails and fails from this week: nails: made a big homemade dinner 3x and we have enough leftovers I don’t have to cook for at least 2 nights now!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? My husband just kind of blurted it out at dinner when I was around 10 weeks. We had been keeping it quiet bc of previous losses and not wanting to explain to my oldest. However, she screamed in happiness and ran over to hug me and kissed my belly. She isn beyond excited. My youngest gets there is a baby in there, he will lift my shirt up sometimes hoping to see the baby. What it means as far a life change though for him he has no clue!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @olivemomma I teared up a little imagining your daughter's excitement! That is too sweet!  <3
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @elizabeth_1985 sorry about your FIL. Its exhausting solo parenting espeically for multiple kiddos. Its ok to vent. 
    @olivemomma I couldn't live without leftovers. We cook 2-3 big meals a week and live off the left overs the rest of the week. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks tomorrow/Bump says peach and donut

How old is/are you other kid(s)? My son is 13 months today

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: feeling a lot better lately, actually have made some dinner lately.  Fails: Our house is disgusting and really needs to be cleaned.  I so wish my husband would pick up some of the slack, but of course that's not about to happen *eye roll*.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: My poor son has had a double ear infection for a month :(.  He's been on amoxicillin, which didn't help, and now he's been on a new antibiotic since last Thursday that doesn't seem to be helping.  My husband is at the doctor with him right now for a recheck since I am at work, so we'll see what she says.  I feel so bad for him.

GTKY: How did you tell your kids about the new baby on the way? How did they react? He's so young he doesn't understand yet
  • Options
    17weeks exactly size of a pomegranate 

12, 7, 2, and 1. Plus two step kiddos 8 and 9.

Nails: we survived the whole family getting the stomach bug! And today we sat down as a family and revamped our daily schedule.
    Fails: I’ve been in bed for 2 hours and still can’t sleep. Insomnia is stupid. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

We basically just told them. They’re pretty used to getting this news at this point. :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks all for the kind words! Everyone is back home now, and hopefully we'll get back to somewhat normal.