July 2019 Moms

FFFC 2/22

It's Friday ladies! Where's everyone at? Let's start these confessions! 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: FFFC 2/22

• Loading the player...
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited February 2019
    He caught me so off guard. My dogs didn't even bark even though they were outside and honestly it scared me that my kids opened the door. We had a LONG talk about opening the door to strangers after that.

They are usually outside helping me put everyone up but it was so gross, rainy, muddy, cold, and already getting dark so I just let them stay in. 

So much fail.

@strickland8052 at this point I would totally be up and putting that energy to use as well. Serious lack of energy and motivation here still. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    erynpdxindulgentgypsygreeneyedgirl12
  • I might get flamed for this...

I sold a dresser through FB marketplace.  I followed up with the purchaser that they were bringing someone to help move the dresser from the basement to their car (I was very clear in the add this was the expectation). I may have added that I am unable to help due to a high risk pregnancy.  

I mean i'm pregnant and AMA, but high risk is something i shouldn't throw about.  It also gave me an excuse why i didn't get the sidewalk even more shoveled. (MH was out of town). 
    jenniferjoy37jrm_14
  • I had sushi for lunch - the legit kind. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    pizzaplzshawnacrestindulgentgypsyrealhousewife519
  • @mamanbebe your confession made me laugh so hard. It sounds amazing!
    Glad to hear so many of you are with me on the drinking. @ameliabedelia-2 isn't dark beer really good for lactation or something? I thought I learned that from a roommate at some point.
    mamanbebeameliabedelia-2indulgentgypsy
  • @pizzaplz :smiley: I'll be sure to report back later today when my first delivery arrives haha
    pizzaplzindulgentgypsy
  • @erynpdx I’ve had turkey, like the lunch meat kind you shouldn’t have, a few times this pregnancy 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve had such terrible food aversions so when I crave a turkey sandiwch I generally give in 
    erynpdx
  • shawnacrestshawnacrest member
    edited February 2019
    @pizzaplz I've told my close friends and both my sisters that I'm expecting them to bring me a bottle of wine to the hospital. If they all actually bring one, I can only imagine the judgement 😂

Edit because words are hard
    indulgentgypsycindlerpizzaplzfromcatstokids
  • My FFFC: background, it’s snowing like mad right now and it kinda came out of the blue during rush hour, go figure. 

I drive like a grandma when it’s snowing and I don’t GAF because I know I’ll eventually get home safe. I’ve always been scared of driving in the snow, and when people drive super fast and I see them later on the ditch, I don’t really feel sorry... 

indulgentgypsy
  • 🤤🤤🤤 I want those cookies. 
    mamanbebeCbeanz
  • @mamanbebe im super jealous of those cookies. 
    mamanbebe
  • @indulgentgypsy @hakele it's taking everything in my power not to eat the entire box this morning. The only thing really stopping me is how sad DS would be, since he's already planned out what cookie he wants to eat after dinner each day  :D
    pizzaplzindulgentgypsyCbeanz
  • @mamanbebe help a message board noob out. What's CSA? TIA (I know that one!)
  • @cindler Its very non-board related literal translation is Community-Supported Agriculture, usually it's with local farms where you provide a pre-payment for a discounted share of produce, meat, dairy, eggs, etc goods that is distributed throughout the seasons. The CSAs help fund the farm so that they can afford to plant and maintain their crops, and pay their people. The cookie share is through a local bakery, and they deliver a dozen cookies to their CSA member homes once per month :) 
    indulgentgypsycindlerCbeanz
  • @mamanbebe thanks for the explanation! That's a crazy concept that I've never heard of. Living in the ag belt, I'm pretty much only familiar with thousand acre operations.
  • @cindler I imagine they are all over, but it's probably more likely to find them in larger cities or ones that have big farmer's markets. Do they still do big food co-ops in western nebraska? I remember one in Scottsbluff when I was a kid that just seemed like a giant open air market to my recollection, although probably way different than my 5 and 6 year old mind remembers haha. 
  • @mamanbebe if they do food co-ops here, I am unaware of it.
  • As thankful as I am to be pregnant, I’m ready to be done. I’ve always hated being pregnant. I don’t like the attention and I loathe when people think it’s ok to violate my personal space to touch my belly. Idc if you’re family or a stranger. Don’t touch me 😂. If these next 18ish weeks would just fly by that’d be amazing.
    hakelepizzaplztova24