August 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Friday 2/22

Everyone's in their 2nd trimester now, right?! How's the energy level and motivation to move around/workout?

Re: Fit Mama Friday 2/22

• Options
    I'm 17 weeks now and can definitely tell that I have more energy. I am loving it! Long walk on Monday since I was off work and orangetheory class on Wednesday. This weekend I won't be able to get a real workout in, but I'm gonna try to do some stretching. Oh, and I'm counting my prenatal massage after work today as a workout!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Not yet to 2nd tri. I’ll be Monday but others won’t be till end of next week I believe. 

As usual, barre tmr, yoga Sunday, and prenatal yoga on Tuesday. Maybe 1 more barre class during the week if I have time. 

Energy levels are much better these days though! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @heml Enjoy that massage!!!

@AKuzReve I used to do a lot of barre and I loved it.  There isn't a studio close to me, but I have toyed with the idea of doing the online streaming membership to one of the studios.  

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.  I hadn't worked out in a week because of the flu, and yesterday I did a peloton workout again.  I was happy, until I realized that it exacerbated my asthma and I was short of breath the rest of the day.  I guess I'm not fully recovered yet and need to take a little more time off.  Hopefully by next week I'll be back at it.  
  • Options
    @heml I'm SO jealous of your massage--it sounds heavenly!  And I'm so impressed you're keeping up with orangetheory--treadmill workouts intimidate me (probably because I'm a klutz and have fallen off several)
    @AKuzReve do you have a favorite barre studio?  There are a couple options around me but I haven't taken the plunge yet.
    @mkrel ugh!  I'm so sorry you've been sick!  I hope you're feeling back to normal after the weekend!

AFM, I'm a little over 14 weeks--it's been a rough week with parent teacher conferences last night and DD's 3rd birthday party last weekend I'm so tired but WIRED at bedtime.  I did manage to work out most days (elliptical while crying as I caught up on New Amsterdam and some 20 minute circuit training sessions), but I'm SO looking forward to the weekend to hopefully relax and catch up on some sleep!
  • Options
    @heml - enjoy your massage! I’m thinking about making an appointment in the next couple of weeks as well

@mkrel - I’m sorry you’ve been sick! How do you like your peloton? Waking up early to go to the gym has been difficult and I don’t have time in the evenings because I have a long commute, so I’d like the option to have a good workout at home and I’ve heard great things about the peloton. 

We escaped a snowstorm in NY and are in FL for a wedding. It’s HOT here, but I’ve been running outside by the beach and it’s so nice being outside. I’ve been stuck running on the treadmill because it’s been so cold and/or icy at home. I’ve logged 32 miles this week, which has been the most for me since I got pregnant. 
  • Options
    @sw1122 I absolutely love it.  Spin classes have always been one of my favorite workouts and I was worried that I'd miss the in studio setting of darkness and loud music, but I don't. It is a lifesaver with a child because I'm not willing to spend 25 minutes commuting back and forth to work out.  There are tons of different workouts available in addition to the spin classes, and the instructors are great.  My husband, who had never taken a spin class in his life, loves it too.  
  • Options
    @mkrel, I absolutely love it. You should do it! My legs hurt so much after but I’m so much stronger. Sorry about the flu! Hope you’re back to your normal next week. 

@mwmiller4, when I was home, I did Barre3 and loved it. I miss their classes so much. Now I do the only barre studio here. The American teachers teach real barre which I prefer so I target their classes. 

@sw1122, 32 miles is so impressive! 

• Options
    purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited February 2019
    @heml a massage sounds wonderful!

@AKuzReve do you have have to be flexible for barre?

@mkrel ugh!  The flu is no joke!  I hope you’re feeling more recovered now 

@mwmiller4 do you like New Amsterdam?  I was planning to DVR it when it first Ed started but I forgot about it

@sw1122 welcome to Florida!  And yay for lots of miles!

busy weekend!  I ran all 3 races for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend. So I had a 5k Friday morning (and went right in to teach my little kids), a 10k yesterday, and a half marathon today. It was so hot!  I had to make sure to really pay attention to my hydration. And normally I never make bathroom stops during a race but had to stop 3 times today!  Grr. Totally worth it though!  Our costumes were fun and they were great races!
  • Options
    @purplg8r, not at all! The focus is primarily on your calf, thigh, and glutes with some bicep and tricep work thrown in. They also do core but I focus more on obliques now that I’m pregnant. Minimal flexibility required, if any. You can also use the bar as support. 

• Options
    @purplg8r YES!  I love it--I think my DVR accidentally recorded it along with This is Us one week and I binge watched the rest of the season immediately. It's got super likeable characters, not as dramatic as Grey's and it fills as spot for me left by ER--I think I'll spend the rest of my life looking for a replacement for ER since I watched that during my dramatic, formative years  :D
  • Options
    @purplg8r - Super impressive that you ran a half marathon, especially in the humidity! The multiple pee breaks is a pain - I'm surprised you only had to stop 3 times!
  • Options
    @AKuzReve My math was off, ooos. But so glad you have more energy approaching 2nd tri. Hopefully it continues to increase!

@mkrel Massage was heavenly! My post-sickness workouts either make me feel lots better or way worse, no in between. Hope you’re feeling back to 100% now!

@mwmiller4 I’m VERY careful getting in and off the treadmill! I like barre3 classes too. 

@sw1122 DO IT! The prenatal massage was one of the best I’ve ever had. Booked another one for next month. Yay for running outside in FL!

@purplg8r I’m so impressed with your race weekend. Way to go! I have the 10K on my list of things I want to do at some point.