October 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 2/21

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your dream job?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 2/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @junebabyh I'm sorry that you are feeling anxiety. I hope that it subsides as that milestone passes. Will seeing your doctor on the 4th help?
    YES! I did already have one appt for confirmation. But my sono on 3/4 will put my mind way at ease!
  • Options
    *hardcore lurking*

@junebabyh I got lower back pain starting halfway through week 6. I'm towards the end of week 9 now and it's still aching every few days. My OB said it was normal and not to worry.
  • Options
    @junebabyh we never get snow days either. Once in a while they close early but usually not early enough to work in my favor. FX that you relax once you have your US.

@stephanie123456 yes, I love them! We don't have a tank currently because it's so much upkeep but we've had some really nice ones. Hope you feel better soon.

FYI, I killed the audit because I'm awesome like that 😉
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @galentine I always had an aquarium as a kid and was just good at it. DH joined in and turns out, we make a great team! We've had some pretty awesome tanks over the years. I think my favorite was when we had freshwater clams and an eel.

ETA I thought there were more of us here 🤔
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @prpl11butterfly, I think there are more of us!! Marbellie, cdnrunning, Elle, sorarose, & nnaelick haven't posted yet in this week's new thread today. 😉 Maybe everyone had a busy day? I hope it picks up soon though, I miss the daily camaraderie and chatting in TTGP.

Oh, and don't forget our resident September lurker @lillywonderland! 😊 September is pretty quiet too, we should combine forces!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly @galentine I'm heeeeere. I've been getting back to back colds/viruses (since testing positive) with a few short days of reprieve before the next one starts. Between that and the exhaustion, I feel like an absolute zombie. Last time this happened my iron levels were really low so it might be worth getting checked out. I'll get my butt out of lurkdom and get posting!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I love aquariums. My mom used to breed discus. Randomly the other day I decided I wanted to get a lion fish because they're cool as shit :)
    @galentine I love random nights alone. Binge watching netflix without having to share or justify it is amazing lol
    @junebabyh I've been there and it's hard. I hope these next few days fly by and you have some fun things to do this weekend to help keep your mind off things.
    @stephanie123456 I'm in information security now, but my former position was in internal controls. We're like work cousins :)

What's going on this week? 
    Baby is the size of a coffee bean (mmmmmmm coffee, I miss drinking a million cups a day)

How far along are you?
    7w5d by ovulation date. 

Anyone have an appointment this week?
    I had one at 6w2d and I have my next one at 10w3d.

Cravings/Symptoms?
    Mostly just fatigue, tingly/sore boobs and some mild nausea.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    I've been on the struggle bus lately, no particular reason. My last appointment went well, we saw the heart beat - but PGAL brain only lets you enjoy that for so long....

Questions?
    Does anyone use natural remedies for constipation? If so, have any been working? 

GTKY: What is your dream job?
    Something that involves charity work and brings me to South Africa.
  • Options
    @cdnrunning when I was pregnant with DS, I used milk of magnesia. This time around, I’m trying to take Metamucil on a regular basis. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @cdnrunning, hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I hear you on the nothing sounds good part, I didn't realize that's a symptom but it has been happening to me more lately
    @junebabyh it's understandable to be anxious approaching that date, but I hope that you feel more confident and have a H&H process all the way through
    @stephanie123456 sucks that you're having another cold but at least your appointment is coming up finally!
    @galentine yes I'm here haha, just been lurking due to laziness. I want to measure how far along I am today based on the oldest measure too for that same reason, but force myself to cut the difference instead haha (TB has me at 7+6 based on LMP)
    @cdnrunning aw man, back to back sicknesses are rough, hang in there!

What's going on this week? Not much, just working and helping my sister's family move (that was a messy situation for sure)

How far along are you? 7 weeks and 3ish days

Anyone have an appointment this week? I wish, I'm in the process of making a time machine to March 5th

Cravings/Symptoms? My boobs are fuller for sure and are slightly sore in the morning, plus my heart rate usually sticks around 90bpm now

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm so happy to have a consistent pregnancy symptom with my elevated heartbeat, I randomly try on MH's fitbit and perversely like to watch it rise (since this pregnancy feels all in my head sometimes)

Questions? Might as well throw out a little GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy?

GTKY: What is your dream job? Something that would allow me to just sit and critique reality TV shows because I'm funny enough and love trash TV
  • Options
    @cdnrunning hope your feeling better. I adore lionfish!!! I always wanted one but we decided that salt water was too messy for is. We always had salt crystals everywhere.

@marbellie I hate reality TV. So much. Re:your GTKY Q, if I'm answering honestly, its keeping it.
  • Options
    @cdnrunning try drinking warm water (a few glasses a day) and some light accupressure. I call it the 'poo button', apply light pressure two- three finger widths below your belly button. Also, 4-8oz prune juice a day. But be sure to drink it the first time when you aren't leaving home for a while. It can be very powerful. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly that is definitely something to be excited about. Understood on you not liking them, but I've always gravitated towards trashy TV and books, something that always surprises people when they meet me but I feel no shame in it lol
  • Options
    @marbellie I love trash TV too!! I haven't been following KUWTK closely for a few years but I'm just amazed by all the drama this week! 
  • Options
    @marbellie, I'm not big on reality trash TV myself, but I really enjoyed Netflix's series Yummy Mummies about rich socialite pregnant women in Australia. You should watch it if you haven't yet!
  • Options
    @wanderlost I've been following that drama on the gossip YouTube channels this week, that night make me start rewatching too (even if it's conveniently happening the month before the new season haha)

@galentine I remember that you mentioned that show before and I actually started it that weekend! It's hilarious and I keep meaning to go back to it
  • Options
    @marbellie, Netflix just released another show called Working Moms that looks really funny too. This one isn't reality tv though. My husband is out of town this weekend so it's likely I'll binge the whole first season this weekend 😂
  • Options
    @galentine it's scripted? I enjoy scripted shows too. Let me know if you recommend it after you've had the chance to watch it :)
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly @galentine this week has been insane 😬 hoping now that the house is listed, things will calm down and I can go back to playing on my phone all day 😂

What's going on this week? Ultrasound on Monday 😍
    How far along are you? 7 weeks Sunday (tomorrow here, today for most of you!) 
    Anyone have an appointment this week? Ultrasound Monday! 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Craving so much sweet stuff, but I'm on keto and can't have sugar... Although my midwife wanted me to up my carbs and I'm thoroughly enjoying my whole wheat toast with breakfast and chips and salsa! Also, my nipples are soooo sore. I still nurse my 2.5 year old and it's like the newborn stage all over again... 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? We listed our house today!! It's already getting lots of views and showing requests!! 
    GTKY: What is your dream job? It's always been to be a sahm 💚 I also have a small handmade business I love, but eventually I think I want to be a midwife or a nurse. When my MIL retires (stable babysitting), I'm hoping to become a doula and go from there 😊
  • Options
    @marbellie I'm excited for the kicks! That was my favorite part of my first pregnancy, sitting in bed and watching him + feeling him roll around 😍
  • Options
    @nnaelilak is it your first U/S on Monday? Congrats! Yes, I'm really looking forward to that too, I'm a FTM and really wonder what kicks or hiccups or anything will feel like

@lillywonderland aw that's adorable, my appointment is in 1+ weeks and I keep looking at information on week 9 and how  it will look, I can't wait
  • Options
    @marbellie For the record, hiccups are the best! Sometimes your whole belly shakes. 🤣 
  • Options
    What's going on this week? Busy school/work day today and tomorrow.

How far along are you? 4w6d

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope, 3 more weeks

Cravings/Symptoms? Not so much for cravings, but have had a really upset stomach and insomnia at night. Also had a day of metallic taste.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Everyone in my family has a cold right now. Fortunately, no fevers (and I'm terrified of getting one in early pregnancy), but everyone has a cough keeping them up at night.

Questions? None

GTKY: What is your dream job? Genealogist. Genealogy is a hobby of mine and would someday like to make it a potential career.

• Options
    @marbellie it is my first one for this babe! I'm really nervous and excited! 

TW Missed Miscarriage 
    One of my best friends was due 4 weeks ahead of me and found out she had a missed miscarriage at her ultrasound on Thursday. I'm just devasted for her... This was their first and they were so excited. It took them about 5 months to get pregnant and she was 11 weeks along. Our TTC journeys were so similar and it's making my anxiety worse about my upcoming appointment. I know that's silly, but it's how I'm feeling. 
  • Options
    @elle-0409 Yes ma’am! Almost 2 weeks exactly! Also, I swear the more I get to “know” you the more I’m questioning if you are actually my BFF from college...she loved/loves Tina Fey! 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland Awww... she sounds amazing! ;) I loved seeing Tina, Amy, and Maya at the Oscars last night.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @nnaelilak

TW
    Omg your poor friend, that's seriously a sad situation and great fear of mine currently (MH has made me promise to stop googling about it).
  • Options
    @marbellie not googling is probably for the best! It's so hard sometimes though :/
  • Options
    @galentine thanks for letting me know, MH and I binged Umbrella Academy this weekend and it is quite good (almost done with it). Congrats on the appointment ahhhh!
  • Options
    galentine said:
    @junebabyh, I was just rereading this thread and saw you had mentioned you were close to a loss milestone. How are you feeling now that it's passed? Has the anxiety lessened at all? I hope so! ❤
    Feeling pretty confident and relieved. I know I am not in the clear, but compared to last time I think there are more signs that all will be fine. Thanks for asking! <3
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for the milestone FX... I laid low on TB over the weekend so didn't see all the comments. Wanted to just put pregnancy in general out of my mind. It worked.  :) Feeling confident in the growth of this little bean now. I appreciate all your thoughts though. DH was sympathetic to my anxiety...but I could tell he didn't really understand it.
  • Options
    @junebabyh, so glad you are feeling more confident!! 😊
  • Options
    @galentine YAY! So excited for you. Can't wait to hear all about your appointment.

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19