July 2019 Moms

Exhaustion

I am sure there is a symptoms of the week bored but I did not see it, sorry.  But is anyone else fatigued and exhausted in the second trimester?  I feel I am constantly tired with no motivation right now.  I thought the second trimester was supposed to give you back your energy lol.  If it continues I will reach out to my dr but I just wanted to see if I was alone or if someone else was feeling this as well.  My husband says its b/c I am 33 and my body is working overtime lol
Panaceia

Re: Exhaustion

• I also am so exhausted all the time. I was just assuming it was because I'm old (37), work full time, and have 3 other kids to take care of. I fall asleep on the couch every night sometimes as early as 8:30! It's like as soon as my kids are in bed I'm out for the count!
    wabash15Panaceia
  • @Tippy05 I too work full time, but am a FTM.  I get up in the morning and on my drive to work I am ready for a nap!  let me just tell you , my clean laundry pile is getting pretty massive lol.  Laundry is getting done but its not getting put up.  I am sorry you are so tired, I hope you get to nap this weekend
    Tippy05Panaceia
  • Loading the player...
  • @mom2b77373 you too! Hopefully this 2nd tri boost of energy everyone talks about hits us both soon!
    Panaceia
  • Could be low iron levels. With my previous two pregnancies I had low iron and had to take a supplement on top of the prenatal vitamin. I could definitely tell the difference when i forgot to take the extra iron. I don’t think they check iron until 28 weeks, but ask your dr at your next visit! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    mom2b77373Panaceia
  • @nolemomma14 I second that! I needed iron with my first two pregnancies.  So when I began feeling light headed and extra tired with this one I just started taking it again. I have bad insomnia this time too which doesn't help! I find regular exercise also gives me a boost, but I know that's hard to do when you have no energy to begin with!!
    mom2b77373Panaceia
  • I'm not exhausted like I was in the first trimester, but I definitely am tired earlier than normal! Work just takes all my energy, so not much gets done when I come home at night.

I could easily go to bed at 8:30 every night, but usually stick it out until 10 or 11 to spend time with DH. 
    Panaceiamom2b77373
  • Yes. Wiped. I wake up (having gotten a good night's sleep, all things considered) and am still tired, but not sleep tired, which is so frustrating. DH doesn't understand how it's possible, and I can't explain it to him right. I just tell him it's like my whole body is tired, but I can't sleep anymore...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Panaceia
  • I have more energy for short periods of time but I'm just exhausted by early afternoon. Way more tired than I was during first tri. I had a great sleep last night, did nothing besides play with DD all day, and I still fell asleep on the couch at like 3pm. I find going to work helps and trying to get some exercise in also helps. I haven't weighed myself in over a month so I'm sure there is a weight gain issue that is adding to how tired I've been. I do have low iron so I know this is part of my problem also.
    mom2b77373
  • Thank you ladies for you input.  It defiantly makes me feel like I am not alone.  After working 9 hours then going home to cook its very exhausting.  This is just natures way of preparing us for whats ahead lol.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 Your body is growing a baby...all of your energy is being used to make that person! That's why we are so unbelievably tired haha maybe that would make a little more sense to him? 
    greeneyedgirl12mom2b77373
  • @bear14+ I think he knows, he's just never experienced a fatigue that sleep doesn't help so he can't totally understand... :#
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    mom2b77373