April 2019 Moms

Week 2 Check-in w/o 2/18

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago?

Re: Week 2 Check-in w/o 2/18

• Due date: 
    4/9

Any appointments? Questions? 

Next Tuesday 34 week check

Anyone have experience with mucus plugs? Last night  I went pee yesterday and there little black flakes in my urine. And it when I wiped I had some thick white discharge.  It only happened once so I’m not overly concerned. I just never lost it (or noticed it) with my previous two pregnancies 

Rants/Raves? 

DD has been up the past two nights with a fever. And then is fine during the day. She’s pretty irrational when she’s sick and half asleep and DH doesn’t deal with it well. So I feel like I’m dealing with two 5 year olds at 1am. The worse part is my insomnia doesn’t let me fall asleep till 12:30/1 anyways 

How are you feeling? 

Tired. I had a weird tunnel vision episode yesterday. I bent over to pick some trash and my left eye tunneled out until i couldnt see. Then I felt uneasy the rest of the day. I wasn’t doing anything strenuous and I was well hydrated. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

Moved 1/2 the toys from nursery into the kids rooms and put the changing table in the nursery. Just waiting for DSs new bed to get her so we can turn his current bed back into the crib. 

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago?

I was is great shape because I was eating super healthy and going to bootcamp 5x a week. Both of which I can’t do now because of this pregnancy. Other than that not much

• @blueberrymomma, I don't really remember much about losing my mucus plug with my first, but I have read that even if you have extra discharge/lose part of it, it grows back until time for labor.  Also, I totally feel you about grumpy husbands in the middle of the night.  DH is pretty much useless if he's half asleep and DS is sick/waking up at night/whiny.  Yikes about the tunnel vision!  I'd definitely mention it at your checkup.

Due date: 4/10

Any appointments? Questions? Hospital tour next Tuesday and 34 week checkup next Wednesday.

Rants/Raves?  Rant: passive aggressive coworkers suck, and children were absolutely awful for me tonight at work.  Raves: DH had off today and tomorrow so we've got to spend some quality family time together.

How are you feeling? Extremely pregnant and worried about how I'm gonna make it through another 7 weeks of work feeling this awful.  Sciatica is acting up, and just doing things at work is getting difficult.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We cleaned our bedroom a bit (where the baby will sleep in a pack and play for the first few months).  And hopefully tomorrow and Thursday when DH has off we will finish sanding the nursery so I can start painting.

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? I was planning our wedding and stressing about the idea of a second child and if it would be the right fit for our family.  With 7 weeks to go before babe is here, I'm still mildly freaked out about how we'll transition from a family of three to four!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @blueberrymomma yikes about the tunnel vision! Could be because of increased blood volume or maybe a dip in hemoglobin? Definitely worth an ask though. How are you feeling today? Any better or still about the same? If you're still feeling off, might be worth an early check with the doc. 

Due date: 11-Apr-2019

Any appointments? Questions? Had a regular check-up last week, everything looks good. Doc approved my birth plan and put it in my chart and we had the chat about pp birth control. Question for you STMs: In regards to the strep b test, I distinctly remember my doc saying they swab "inside the vagina and around the bum." I feel like in order to emotionally prepare, is this butt swab purely... um external, or do I need to prepare myself for something a little more invasive...? 

Rants/Raves? I'm considering becoming a hermit. Done with humanity. Done with dumb pregnancy questions. Went to a diner with my sister yesterday, and before the lady sat me, she actually asked, "will you fit in a booth?" I'm like, excuse me, you serve 400lbs truckers everyday, do you ask them if they can fit in a booth??? Yes I can fit in a f*ckin booth!

How are you feeling? A little anxious. We have the baby shower this weekend and although I obviously appreciate it, I get the sense it might be a little overwhelming. Plus it seems like there is so much to get done for work and school before this baby comes.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? No...

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? SO different. I had just left a super toxic work environment, was halfway through my Masters, and was going to hot yoga everyday, and man did I look great! Babies were just a topic of "we'll start trying soonish." 

• @kate_e_nb I’ve never had my butt swabbed lol. I feel better/taking it easy. I think I just have more anxiety about it happening again. I’m definitely mentioning it to me doctor at the next appt and I’ll call if it happens again.
    Thanks @kangstadt. I do know they regenerate so I’m not super concerned 
  • @kate_e_nb I’m pretty sure they swabbed my butt and it was with a q-tip so really REALLY not memorable. Also I definitely did not fit in the booth two nights ago.
  • @kate_e_nb I barely felt it on my butt with DD. Lol. In fact if I didn’t know they had to swab it too, I wouldn’t have known they had. 
  • @kate_e_nb Um, a swab in the butt? That's bizarre haha. When do we get the strep b test? I could just google it I know but I'm being lazy.

Due date: April 12

Any appointments? Questions? Have my 2 week apt tomorrow with my midwife. I am really curious to see if baby is still breech, so we will see.

Rants/Raves? Rave: I did a lot with the nursery this weekend and I set up a rocker that we got as a shower gift so I'm feeling accomplished. Rants: See the next question.

How are you feeling? Like shit! I'm so over this. Reflux is so bad I threw up all over my bed the other night (I think I posted it in randoms from last week) and I tweaked my back cleaning the house yesterday. Also, two of my fingers on my left hand are constantly tingling, almost to the point of being numb. I know these symptoms are terrible and a lot of women have it worse, but I'm a baby and I'm grumpy and sick of it lol.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Yup, see my rave.

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? Quite a bit different. We had just started our IVF journey and I was also flying home a lot to be with my sister who was in hospice. It was a rough time.

• mermaidcamermaidca member
    edited February 2019
    @blueberrymomma that vision stuff sounds scary!  I get crazy auras with my migraines and they always effect my eyes.  Hopefully yours was a one time thing!
    @kangstadt Glad you got some good quality family time in!!
    @kate_e_nb I didn't make it that far last time so when my doc so casually mentioned the swab I was so confused!  Sounds like it shouldn't be too...."invasive"....
    @rennie1108 hooray for a new rocker!  How fun.  I feel the same about feeling bad for complaining because others do have it worse - but that doesn't mean you can't complain too!

Due date:  April 8

Any appointments? Questions?   Just saw my OB today.  Everything is looking good.  She encouraged me to set an end date or come in to her or L&D if the pain gets to be too bad between now and my next appointment and I need to be off work.

Rants/Raves?  I'm so happy the nursery is coming together and I don't feel like I'm so behind in the prep.  A double rant/rave is setting an end date for work.  I don't know why I'm feeling so guilty and yet I can't fathom working anymore than 4 more weeks.  I just need to bite the bullet and do it.

How are you feeling?  Sore for sure.  I ended up a sobbing, weeping mess after trying to get up out of bed on Sunday.  I definitely think I over did it this weekend with all the painting and refinishing so after I took a little rest getting up was so painful.  H rushed up ready to call 911 because all he could hear was me crying.  I still have this darn cold and all the coughing is making my back hurt.  I try to stifle the coughs a bit which is painful too.  

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week?  Yes!  The nursery is painted, the dresser got refinished, crib and changing table just needs to be put together by that loving, yet super procrastinating husband of mine.  I think next will be to pack my hospital bag.

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago?  Not that different to be honest.  I had just finished all the preliminary stuff before my final exams to become a personal trainer and I was working at a job I hated.  Now, I'm a fully certified personal trainer but still working as a legal assistant full time - at least it's at a company I like.

ETA: typos

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @rennie1108 Its supposed to be around 36 weeks I guess. Ultimately, I'm sure it wont be a big deal, but I just feel like the in vs around distinction is important to know ahead of time haha. 
  • Due date: April 13th

Any appointments? Questions? Next 2 week appointment is on Monday. 

Rants/Raves? Rave: We had our first baby shower this weekend with my mom's side and DH's side and I am still just feeling so blessed. People really went above and beyond - my MIL bought our crib, my SIL bought us a huge stash of diapers, my mom got us our video monitor and these beautiful handmade burp cloths and swaddles. I was so moved by everyone's generosity that I feel so bad that I was grumpy with my mom about the shower in the first place. 

Rant: One of the things that I'm finding that I most hate is how far from "home" I live. DH moved about 5 hours away from our families about 3 1/2 years ago so I could go to grad school and we fell in love with the city and area that we moved to that we decided to stay. There's not really any great prospects for us where we're from so I know we made the right decision, but traveling has been so hard for me this pregnancy. And I worry that once LO is here, it won't be easy to have guests because it's not like they can just drop in like they could if we lived at home. It's going to take a lot more planning and logistics for everyone to meet him and it's just a little overwhelming now that we're getting to the end. 

How are you feeling? Actually not too bad. I still have a lingering cough, but I've slept the last couple of nights pretty well and I'm just adjusting to my life with near constant heartburn no matter what I eat. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Yes! We finally were able to do baby prep outside of just talking about it since we had our shower this weekend. DH built LO's crib, assembled the stroller and got the car seat ready, and hung up a bunch of decor next to LO's crib. I organized all of LO's books that we received at our shower in place of cards onto his bookshelf and washed, folded, and sorted all of LO's clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc. We're still waiting on a dresser, but we made a plan for that. I also called my insurance company to find out what I need to do for my breast pump, made some changes to our registeries, finalized the time for our maternity photos on Saturday, and talked about coverage for my maternity leave with work. I feel so much better getting some of this off of our to-do list and just felt really productive this week. 

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? Well a year ago I was going to the gym and weight training multiple times a week. It's actually been hard to see on Facebook memories the difference between when I was weightlifting and now, but I'm planning on getting back to it once I'm cleared after LO's arrival. We also felt we were nowhere near ready to start our family at that point, we just had so many reasons for why it wouldn't work. But here we are a year later, not just making it work, but really looking forward to this new adventure. 

• @lilpotatomama You are so sweet. I get so overwhelmed responding to everyone that I just dont do it! Can I be nosy and ask what your brother died from? If that's too intrusive I totally understand. 

@kangstadt I cant remember if it was you and what thread we were discussing this but weren't you worried about baby being breech still? Then I thought I read somewhere that you think baby has flipped. I could also be losing my mind. But today my midwife told me baby is head down now! I'm so excited! And now that I know that I can def tell where the feet are, kicking me up above my belly button.
  • lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited February 2019
    @rennie1108 I admit that I don’t usually respond to everyone, it totally is exhausting! And that is not intrusive at all, but I’ll put it in a spoiler just in case. 
    Stage IV colon cancer. Diagnosed in August 2016, but he had been losing weight for a while before that. He kept his symptoms a secret as much as possible until my mom got him in to see a doctor, and it all snowballed from there. His case was really awful because it was in his stomach, and he ended up not being able to eat for over an ENTIRE YEAR. Horrible. But he never ever complained and I wish I could have a pinch of his courage and strength. ❤️
  • @rennie1108, yep, that was me.  I'm fairly sure he's head down now because I feel hiccups down near my pubic bone and definitely seems like he's pushing his feet into my ribs on a regular basis!  I also don't seem to have the whole sideways butt/head/hard belly thing happening anymore.  Yay for head down babes!

@lilpotatomama, I'm so so sorry, I can't even imagine watching a family member go through that.  I'm sure you have his courage and strength too <3.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kangstadt I'm pretty sure I felt hiccups down low last night, too! I have a pretty long torso so the kicks I feel aren't as high up as my ribs (and hopefully they stay that way), but he/she is definitely have a kicking party now during the nights!
    @lilpotatomama I am so, so sorry. That sounds horrible. I don't know how to do a spoiler, otherwise I'd tell you a brief version of my sister's struggle. Anyway, it totally sucks and I'm definitely struggling with it moreso these days.
  • jayhawkmom4jayhawkmom4 member
    edited February 2019
    Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Had my 32 week check up Monday. I also had my first BPP. I will do these weekly now but still just meet with the doc every 2 weeks. They are estimating babies weight to be 5lbs 3 ounces. It is freaking me out how big he is! He is now head down though so that is a relief. 

Rants/Raves? Doctor stressed how important kick counts were for me. This is causing me a great deal of anxiety because my baby goes through long periods of being quiet. He will then go through a period of a lot of strong kicks so I know he is doing well. But the in between time is scary for me! I feel like it is making me a crazy person! 

How are you feeling? Anxiety is really picking up! Physically I am feeling pretty good. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I don't feel like we have done enough but we are on hold until carpets are cleaned. Hopefully next weekend I can really get a lot done!!

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? There was no thought of a baby this time last year. So my whole world has shifted! 

• @jayhawkmom4 I am by no means a doctor, but if it makes you feel better, my midwife has barely mentioned kick counts! It sucks that your doctor stressed you out about it. I haven't done any kick counts and I think it would stress me out as well to do them. I feel the same - the baby is really quiet for awhile and then goes crazy other times. The only thing she mentioned is just to pick the time the baby is most active and see if you get 10 kicks in an hour. It sounds like you would and that everything is fine! :smile:
  • Due date: 4/14

@blueberrymomma Im glad you brought this up, I didn't see it with my other two pregnancies either but 2 weekends ago I went to the bathroom and a glob about the size of a nickel came out. it was clearish and looked like jello. it was disgusting. 
    @kate_e_nb with my previous pregnancies, I've never noticed when they swab for the strep B test. I know my OB does it so he must do it extremely quickly. I wouldn't be worried at all. I get it done around 35 weeks.

Any appointments? Questions? Appointment next Friday.

Rants/Raves? Raves: Pregnancy is almost over! Rants: Sickness from hell.

How are you feeling? Last week was the week from hell, starting last Monday I came down with a horrible head cold/ sinus infection. I couldn't even make it into work. I barely slept because my sinuses were so clogged. It was by far the worst cold I've ever experienced. The only thing that helped was a neti pot, humidifier, vicks vapor rub, and hot tea with honey. On top of all that I also got pink eye for a few days. Now my DS has strep and I am praying the rest of us don't get it. :s 

I'm starting to feel better but I still can't sleep through the night, not only because of the pregnancy but because I wake up so stuffed up, not even my humidifier is helping. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Nothing. I laid around and attempted to breathe.

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? I was healthy and still had a savings account :D

• @kate_e_nb I asked my midwife about the strep B test, and she said they just do a vaginal Q tip swab. Maybe it's like the glucose test - different with every place/doctor!
  • @snowhite12 I asked my midwife what to take to help me sleep. She said 25mg of liquid Benadryl is really safe and works faster than any pill. I took some last night but of course I still woke up from reflux making me cough and gag and feel like I was gonna throw up. That happened like 4 times. It's horrible!!!

• @rennie1108 Not that it really matters with only a month left on TB, but spoilers can be used by clicking on the paragraph drop-down in the Reply box. You can add words and insert pictures in the Spoiler box. 
  • Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Questions? Weekly appointments starting next Thursday! 

Rants/Raves? Rave.. despite my sciatica acting up, I took DS out for muffins and the library today, we had a lot of fun! It's the small things right now. And my bday is Sunday! Big 30 lol hard to remember my bday with just thinking about being super pregnant! Haha 

How are you feeling? Okay.. the sun shining actually helps! I'm from Michigan and in the past 3 months I remember seeing the sun maybe 3 times lol it gets me in a funk. Also better knowing I'm nearing the end! This pregnancy has been rough..hand foot mouth, fall down stairs, sprained ankle, 3 colds, 1 flu, pelvic rest and sciatica. I'd like to be done lol

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Just packing hospital bag! Got a second glider from DH as my early bday present!

GTKY: How different was your life one year ago? Last year DS was 4 months old.. we were just adjusting to life with a new little one!