Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wabash15 8/15 Team Green 

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!

Re: 2nd Trimester check in w/o Feb 18th

• Loading the player...
    • How far along? 24 w, 1d
    • How are you feeling this week? I have to say, I still have heartburn but I'm dealing with it better. It feels great to reach the 24-week mark. I have energy most mornings and try to get most stuff done then since evenings I just want to crash. The kicks are getting stronger for sure which is reassuring!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? None right now.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow morning I meet with the NP for the 24-week appt. and have another sonogram.
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without - I think it's family/talking with family, they are my lifeline!
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!!
    @bkatp my dr hasn't mentioned fetal echo either. I'll ask tomorrow if I remember!

• @ndz2018 @Momifbysea thanks. I’ll also ask my dr next time I see her. 

@ndz2018 I can connect with you on emotions there. I am really getting effected by the videos on the Facebook. The other day I saw a video of dog being abandoned on the road and started crying for 10-15 min. I am in general sensitive person but crying is definitely harmones 
    • How far along? 22w 2d
    • How are you feeling this week? still about the same. still have to take those stupid nausea meds
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - feeling so much better this time around about being able to get nursery ready. Room is painted and mostly set up. Need to hang a few things and decide on a glider. We are buying sooo much less this time around. lol
    • Any upcoming appointments? - not until March. 
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without - oh man that's a hard one. I hate to say it but what would we do without our phones...
    @bkatp - I should ask my ob about the fetal echo. I don't have one scheduled. I wonder if she doesn't schedule right now unless they find something on the anatomy scan. I'll have to ask her next time. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bkatp I didn't have another fetal echo besides with my MFM at the AS again until 31 week for my growth scan. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @bkatp I asked my OB about the fetal echo at my last visit and she said that they were able to see everything they needed on the 20wk AS and they only schedule fetal echos if they don't see something they need on the AS or if it looks abnormal
    @ndz2018 if Macy's didn't work for you and there's one nearby, I liked the Destination Maternity outlet - they had more variety in sizes and styles
    • How far along? 21w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? I think I felt some kicks this week! (#anteriorplacentawoes)
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? lol see above
    • Any upcoming appointments? a little break for awhile
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without - family  <3
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! not much has changed since last week

• Just updating, my appointment with the NP went well today. Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and my blood pressure was good today (had been high a few weeks back at the MFM appointment). I asked about the fetal echo and she said those are only done if they feel they're warranted and the MFM would determine if they want to do one. I looked back to check and I didn't have one with DD. Anyway, I also talked with her alot about the c-section and told her my fears and asked all my questions and she was great. I feel much more at ease than I did. :smile:

@Griffin5413 that's great that you are that far along on the nursery! We are also finding that we're buying way less this time around. I think you find what you really need once you have that first experience and that will differ by person, it's so individual I think. Mind if I ask what is your nursery theme/colors?

• Good morning ladies. Hopefully your short week has been going well. 
    • How far along? 26wks
    • How are you feeling this week? Good, some fatigue as usual. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Baby has been kicking up a storm lately. He’s definitely more active now. But never so much when MH tries to get him to move. ;)
    • Any upcoming appointments? Ob 2/27
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without? Internet to stream!! :smiley:
  • @Griffin5413 I love the nursery! Nice work! That must have taken you a long time to paint that - beautiful. My latest project has been building a dollhouse for DD - it was a Christmas gift, her big one from us, but it came with literally thousands of wooden pieces and each one has to be sanded and then painted at the end. Yes, I am crazy...can this really be done before baby comes? DH will paint nursery as well as DD's room since we just bought our house in June and hadn't done any rooms yet. We have it planned for DD and I to go to my parents'  house to stay for 3 weekends in March so that we're out of the fumes. Can't wait to see it done!

@northbeach3 I wish I could remember if the appointments become different at that point - I seem to have amnesia on those (well, it has been over 5 years...).

• Thanks all for the information on fetal echo.

@Griffin5413 very nice painting for the nursery. 

@northbeach3 I am starting biweekly appointments from week 28. So far I am scheduled for regular appointments for week 28 and week 30. But an ultrasound is scheduled for week 32 along with regular Ob appointment and also one transvaginal ultrasound for cervical length measurement. 

• My friend gave me this site for maternity clothes. They have reasonably priced items in sale. Take a look at it if you are interested 

https://www.jojomamanbebe.com/sale/maternity-sale.html
  • @northbeach3 Nothing too different when you start your every 2 week appts. They do now measure my belly with a measuring tape at all of them, so that was new! Around 31-32 weeks they usually do a growth scan which is basically an ultrasound measuring the baby and their weight. Eventually you'll get a GB test and swab, etc but that's later at weekly appts.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @Momifbysea
    My mom built me and my sister dollhouses when we were little (and wired them for electricity!). We loved them and played with them all the time! We were also just getting old enough to do arts and crafts so we would make things for the dollhouses like little clay foods/etc. I still have mine in storage; waiting for whenever Anne is old enough for dollhouses (although I'll probably make her one of her own and just let her play with mine from time to time). 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @bkatp Mine was scheduled for 20 weeks but after the AS the MFM moved it to 23 weeks. 

@ndz2018 I'm sorry you are struggling with finding clothes.  I decided to embrace the large belly even though it's not really baby yet because that's the only way things fit.  I hope you find some items soon that help.  I like the clearance section of motherhood maternity outlet store if available.

@Momifbysea Wow, can't believe you're already at 24! that's so great and glad to hear your heartburn is more manageable.  

@Griffin5413 I'm jealous you're so far along with the nursery.  We painted.  But i really need to go through clothes that are in that room and donate a ton of them.  

@autumnlvs Yay for feeling kicks! i'm with you, nothing yet but i'm 3 weeks behind you. 

@northbeach3 MH just booked us a babymoon to Palm Springs for my valentines gift!! Did you have an amazing time?

@mrsyng short week? I wish  :)

• How far along? 18+6
    • How are you feeling this week? Emotional, cried in front of clients today.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? RAVE: I love snow!! it's beautiful and i'm loving that it finally came to MN.  our November, December and January were basically bare but February has been amazing. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? not until March
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without  I like TV--we don't have cable but i usually watch the antenna channels more than stream.  
  • northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited February 2019
    @blackhottamales yes, love Palm Springs!! Hope it’s a bit warmer when you go. Love the al fresco dining options. :) lots of places on desert hot springs to do some soaks too. :)

@Griffin5413 so impressed you’re so far along with your nursery. I don’t even think we’re going to do much until the babe is a bit older and not sharing the room
    with us. Just planning on doing pack n play as primary sleep locale until she outgrows it.  

HDBD in the spoiler. 25w today. Still feeling compacted and carrying high. 

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Momifbysea - I can't take credit for the painting. My husband did it all in about 2 days. He works from home 3 days a week so he was able to do it while I was at work. We used Behr paint from home depot and there was no fumes. A lot of the paint out there today has low odor.
    @northbeach3- its funny b/c I think my husband is more motivated than I am to get it done. Probably b/c he knew how stressed I was last time about not being able to do any nesting that he wants to make sure I have plenty of time this round.  Which is so sweet! Our plan for now is to use the pack in play in our room while she is with us. Last time we brought the crib in and it was too much hassle.  I'm going to check out some of your suggestions this weekend in Vegas! Your bump is so cute! :smile:
    blackhottamales - we got rid of cable at the end of the year and haven't missed it. We use Hulu and can watch pretty much everything we used to watch. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • here you are! I was so confused with the PAIF forums, I was still checking and waiting on you guys to post new things in the last forums, thanks @bkatp for explaining to me! 
    • How far along? 19 weeks and 6 days! I will be 20 weeks tomorrow! 
    • How are you feeling this week? pretty normal beside feeling the baby moving here and then 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? when is my bump gonna get really noticeable! i feel like it just looks like a fat belly not a baby bump!
    • Any upcoming appointments? I had my anatomy scan on 02/07 with my MFM and check up with my OB on 02/15, so next appt is on 03/21 with my MFM for my fetal echo and 03/22 with my OB
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without. can't put my finger on it yet! 
    • @northbeach3 for sharing your picture!   

• and it's a boy! EDD 07/12
  • @northbeach3 we cloth diaper... there are SO MANY options out there... honestly we have a mix and match of tons of brands and styles. I have found some are easier when they are little and others better for when they are bigger. a few pro tips... though velcro seems like an amazing idea especially in the middle of the night when your exhausted and changing diapers, but it doesn't hold up so go for snaps. in those first few weeks unless your baby is born with big chunky thighs cloth may not fit well so its better to start with disposables. The other option is getting newborn cloth but they grow out of it really fast so don't buy new, buy used or your not going to get your money out of them. We like grovia especially for toddlers (the grovia one is great for overnight absorbency) we have a bunch of apple cheeks and best bottoms but honestly we have a ton of ones from different brands. Oh. one other pro tip, they are more expensive but bamboo/hemp inserts are way more absorbent than microfiber. hope that helps

• How far along? 15 weeks (well 15+1 today)
    • How are you feeling this week? not too bad, still tired at night but that is getting better too
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? we have been getting tons of snow, its beautiful but has made driving interesting.
    • Any upcoming appointments? end of next week with the MW.
    • GTKY: What is one thing you cannot live without ... pets. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I'm just so angry this morning, got sick and puked.  Just wish i could figure out what i did. I'm thinking i just moved too quickly around this morning and need to slow down.  it's been 3 weeks since i last puked so that was a nice break.  

• @babydust2507 welcome !! Glad you figured out PAIF forums. 

@blackhottamales sorry u had nausea and had to puke. Hope it is just one time thing. 

@northbeach3 urs definitely looks like bump, I think you are just carrying high. 
  • @blackhottamales it may have not been anything you did.... with my last pregnancy the nausea/dryheaving hung on well into the second tri and then reared its ugly head again later in the 3rd tri. Sometimes its just the hormones. Sorry its still happening.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @blackhottamales sorry you're still experiencing some nausea.  i definitely still dry heave everytime i brush my teeth.  i also find eating immediately after waking up helps. 

@Griffin5413 it'll still be "chilly" this weekend, but you just missed our crazy "snowpocalypse" -- we're desert people so snow freaks everyone out.  not sure where you're coming from, so it could be down right balmy to you (low-mid 50s). :)

@babydust2507 yay, glad you found your way back here! :) i was definitely in your position about bump watch around the 20 week mark... and still kinda feel that way since i don't have a protruding basketball type bump yet either. i forget, is this your first?  i didn't really start to see a difference until week 21/22 and also finally started to feel movement then too.  everyone's telling me to be happy about the small bump since i'll be thankful a little later. i've come to accept it since all my scans are still showing good growth. it's funny to see the bump vegetable comparison b/c i wonder where i'm hiding the "cauliflower" (week 25).  haha

@wabash15 ah, thanks so much for the tips. i've been watching tons of youtube reviews. i definitely decided on snaps over velcro. and then i just learned that it's probably wise to get a few sized for newborn since the "one size" are for bigger newborns on.  i also didn't realize that babies have "tar" poop (meconium) during the first week... so someone recommended to wait to use cloth until they transitioned out of it and just use disposables.  so much to take in as a FTM.

the other thing I didn't know about which has me shook is FLAT HEAD!  uuuh, how am I just learning about this? seems like it should be more widely publicized now that pediatrics is recommended putting babies to sleep on their backs. any recs? how concerned should i be? 

finally... my leg cramps have started... :( i woke up to charlie horses in each calf!! :(  anything that can be done besides massaging them out when they happen?

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3
    Don't be too concerned about flat head syndrome at all! You can avoid it/minimize by doing plenty of tummy time (which you should be doing anyway) and you can also get tips from your doctor on positioning baby if they notice any flat-headedness developing. Once they start rolling over around 4 months, it usually starts becoming less of an issue. It doesn't affect brain development. If it does become a cosmetic problem that troubles you, you can get a little helmet that they wear for periods of time that will reshape the head.

Anne had a bit of flat headedness at her check up at 2 months, but by her next appointment at 4 months, it had gone away. She was rolling by then anyway -- once she could roll over, Anne was just sleeping on her tummy all the time (even though we put her down on her back).  Doctor said she was fine to be sleeping on tummy as long as she rolled there herself and we were still setting her down on her back. I did spend several sleepless nights re-positioning her all night long until the doctor told me not to worry so much! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @northbeach3 don't freak out about flat heads. does it happen, yes but its not SUPER common. sometimes minor modifications in portioning can help, in more sever cases a helmet (but man babies in helmets are adorable). It is rarely a huge medical issue and tends to be more cosmetic. as for the leg cramps magnesium supplements or creams can really help prevent them. also eat more bananas and make sure your drinking plenty of water. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @blackhottamales - boo for puking again. I feel your pain. I still can't go without my nausea meds. It's the worst!
    @northbeach3 - I am from Phoenix so weather wise it's been about the same as you guys minus the snow. I think part of why they talk now about the importance of tummy time is to help reduce the risk of flat head. It's seriously overwhelming all of the things we need to learn in such a short amount of time
    @babydust2507 - yay! I was wondering where you've been :smile:

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 so much stuff to learn! Also i think that's almost what got me into trouble.  I felt off this morning and scarfed down a banana to get something in my stomach.  then still wasn't doing well so i had some OJ.  Oops then it all just came back up and i feel like crap the rest of today.  

@Griffin5413 you're such a trooper, I forgot how bad puking was and it was just 3 weeks ago! I'm glad the meds are still helping.  
  • Thank you ladies for the warm welcome back! I missed you guys! Glad I found you again lol! HBDB attached, please don't mind the background, I was in the bathroom at work 😉

• @babydust2507 we can definitely see the bump. 
  • yes, agreed, @babydust2507! you've got a cute little bump going on!

• Thank you @bkatp and @northbeach3 that makes me feel better!